8. Informing the others

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Author's note: hello my lovely readers! I am still very busy with drawing Lisa, to accompany chapter 6. And to my surprise I already came up with another chapter!! It came more easy this time than previous weeks. I've already got new inspiration for another chapter, so I hope that you'll be able to read another chapter withing a couple of days. But I cannot guarantee that for sure ;)

Lots of love, Edmee
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is Tuesday and it has been a few days since I had arranged all the necessaties for Lisa. Her flight is scedules for 6:00 PM tomorrow. She will land around 11:00 PM and will stay at the airport motel. The day after, on Thursday, she'll be arriving at the manor. I am already eager at meeting her, to see her in real life. She's been haunting my thoughts day and night, with her intoxicating, enchanting eyes. It is hard for me to get some needed sleep, but the memory of her doesn't contribute to that. 

I want to tell Peter and Drogo first, before I tell Lorie. So I've planned a quick meeting in the living room. I tell them to take a seat and after that I tell them how things are. I tell them there's a suitable au pair for Lorie. Peter is delighted right away, as I expected him to react, but Drogo is suspicious as always. 

Drogo: "Nic, what if she isn't cut out for the job, like the rest of them?" 

"Believe me Drogo, I've thought of that many times. But with her, it is different: I have a feeling she's the right person for this job. I believe that she has seen her fair share of the world and that Lorie won't be able to startle her easily. I just have a feeling, Drogo. Give her a chance, unlike you did with the rest of the nannies."

Drogo: "Nic, do you realise what you've just said to me? Do you want me scare her to death or to secude her? I rather do the lather one.."

I grunt, saying: "Neither, dear brother of mine. You will do no such things: you'll leave her alone, is that understood?" I say that very dominant and threatening, almost like our father would when making his point clear. 

Drogo: "Understood, loud and clear. But don't blame me if I can't help myself in teasing the little thing, only for a little bit."

"SHE IS NOT A LITTLE THING, DROGO! SHOW SOME RESPECT!!" As I shout these sentences at Drogo, I can feel the change in me. I don't need a mirror to see that my eyes are blood shut and my fangs are protruding out of my mouth. It is not often that I see fright in Drogo's eyes, I'm not proud of what I just did and I know very well I made my point crystal clear to Drogo.

Peter: "Nicolae, please, calm down. You know Drogo didn't meant it that way, he's just joking around and pulling your leg. What has gotten into you, all of the sudden?"

"I just have a good feeling about this nanny for Lorie. I don't want Drogo nor Lorie to screw things up again for the umpteenth time. He always acts like this around the nannies, do I really have to remind you, Peter? Not to mention the way Lorie behaves around every nanny, I just know it's not always something Lorie comes up with. You might say she had an ally at some points in time."

Peter: "No, I am well aware of Drogo's behaviour around the nannies who've been here for Lorie. I am also very aware that not all of Lorie's actions are fully hers. I do believe Drogo must had some influence, but I just think your reaction... was... how to put it... remarkable, to say the least." 

I stay quiet for a brief moment, to overthink my answer to Peter. I do not want them to suspect something already, I want to keep this to myself for a bit longer. "I am sorry, Peter, but I haven't been myself lately. I'm more excausted than usual and it's getting to me."

Peter: "I noticed that, Nic. But it's not me who you own an apology." 

I notice only then and there that Drogo hasn't spoken since my outburst and as I watch him quietly. He is leaning with his back against the wall, has crossed his arms and his gaze is fixed outside the window into the distance. "I am very sorry, Drogo, I shouldn't had shouted at you like that. It wasn't my place. Please, forgive me."