32. The hospital

Drogo arrives shortly after I hung up on him. He stops near me with squeaking brakes. He rushes over me while I am still on the ground. That son of a bitch Blake really got to me good. 

Drogo: "Nic! Can you get up?"

"Don't know, bro, he hit me really hard!"

Drogo: "Hang on, be right back!"

Drogo rushes over to his car and I can see him opening the trunk of his car. There he takes out a small cooler and he rushes over to me. I see him opening the cooler and when he comes rushing back to me, I see Drogo holding a blood pack in his hands. I look at him utterly surprised.

Drogo: "Here, I was planning on telling you later. You can drill me all you want later on, but now you have to regain your strength to help me to get Elizabeth back."

"How did you..."

Drogo: "Now is not the time for trivial questions, brother! Here, drink it!"

I reluctantly take the blood pack from Drogo and I take a few sips. Man, I really forgot how wonderfully sweet and tasty human blood can taste like. I am not very proud of myself, but within seconds I've downed the entire blood pack. And what I am feeling right now, is a bit too much. I feel confident, really strong, invictive!

Drogo: "Okay, the next thing: do you know where Blake might have taken Elizabeth?"

"No, but I was smart enough to add Elizabeth's iPhone to my Find My Friends app on my phone. 

Drogo: "Great thinking, bro! Now, get your phone out, so we can check!"

"Ohw, will you try to get a hold on Peter for me? Tell him that he has to pick Lorie up from school."

Drogo: "He already has picked her up. He was done early with college, so he picked her up and took her into town."

"Okay, let's see... Oh, they are nearby! But they are still on the move."

Drogo: "Can you get up? If so, let's go! I've got some ass and balls to kick!"

Drogo helps me up from the ground and although I am fine, he supports me all the way over to the car. He helps me get in and soon after he takes a seat behind the stearing wheel. 

Drogo: "Buckle up, it's gonna be a hell of a ride."

"Okay, but just be careful Drogo! I don't want you to cause an unnecessary accident."

Drogo: "Come on, you know that I am a great driver, especially in situations like this."

While Drogo goes full throttle and drives off like crazy, I keep looking on my app. All of a sudden I see that Elizabeth has stopped moving.

"They have stopped, Drogo!"

Drogo: "All right, let's get Elizabeth back! 

-------

After a short drive, we see my car. It's abandoned at the side of the road. It seems like Blake dragged her out of the car, into the woody area, because there are traces of a struggle. Elizabeth didn't go with him without putting up a fight. At this moment, our stealth-like vampire skills really come in handy. Not to mention that we can communicate without words. At times like these we don't even need telepathy: a look says more than a thousand words. After a short sprint we stumble upon a wooden cabin and we approach it dead silent. I can see Drogo pointing towards the back of the cabin and I signal that I stay in front of it. I approach really careful and I make my way up the porch. I roam it with even more care, because I don't want any board plank to creak underneath my weight. All of a sudden I hear Blake screaming and yelling at Elizabeth. Drogo comes back around to were I am standing and we decide to break into the cabin, but what happens next we both could not have predicted it. Glass is breaking just a few inches away from us both and we instinctively cover our head with our arms as we cower. Blake is thrown out of the cabin's window with such a tremendous force,that Drogo and I are set back for a brief moment and left speechless. Then we look at each other and Drogo heads over to Blake, who is still on the ground. I rush into the cabin, only to find Elizabeth enraged. She has a fierce look in her eyes that almost scares me for a moment. I want to grab her and take her into my arms, but I decide to talk to her instead, because she seems to be in a trance-like state of mind.