12. Too close for comfort

While I am hiding in this corner of my room, the door to my room is opened wide and I notice Lisa standing on the threshold. I feel that she is hesitant to enter and stays there for a little while. My room is engulfed in almost total darkness, so I guess she has to get used to the dark for her to see properly. Why must you tempt me so much, beautiful? Are you entering, or not? Lisa still lingers on the threshold, like something is preventing her from not entering. But then she gives in to her curiousity and she enters my room. I notice an attraction building up inside of her, an attraction to this room. If only she knew that I was in it as well... I can sense she actually quite likes danger and at this very moment, being in a stranger's room whom she hasn't met yet, she is experiencing happiness strangely enough.

"If someone found me here, they could imagine things, or even mistake me for a thief... oh well, to hell with it, I've already opened the door to his room, so I just might and go inside. Only for a brief peek around..."

Eventually she enters my room and a fire is building up deep inside of me. Her curiousity takes over her fears and I see her standing in the middle of the room, looking around. My curtains are drawn, which I am grateful for, and tonight is a full moon. The moonlight shines throught the curtains and the way streaks of the moonlight is falling or her beautiful body and features, is almost too much for me. It feels like it's almost too painful to watch her: she resembles my Elizabeth so, so much! I fight the urge to rush up to her, reluctant but successful, because all I want to do right now is take her into my arms, throw her on my bed and make love to her. Oh how I crave her body! It almost feels like I'm an addict and we haven't even properly been introduced to each other.

Her eyes go from all around the room to my bed. She lays her eyes on my bed and I can't help but imagine her and me on that bed. "The sheets are in place. So it seems that indeed no one has been here tonight." If only she knew I was watching her from this corner in total darkness, she surely would've been creeped out.

"I really have to go back to my room! There is nothing strange going on in this room. Stupid imagination!"

But why isn't she leaving then, I wonder. Could it be that her curiousity still has the upper hand over her sense of reasonability? Suddenly, she begins to move around the room, although it is at a slow pace. I, on the other hand, don't need much light at night to look and go around in my room, but that has to do with me being a vampire: all of my senses are hypersensitive. I perceive everything much more intense, even her natural perfume that is pouring out of every pore on her body. And that smell is divine! I prefer not to notice all of it, because one particular smell is driving me crazy. That smell spreads throughout her entire body, very present in her arteries, veins and even the capillaries. I smelled it before, earlier this evening, when Drogo was winding her up, when he was irritating her to the point she wanted to turn around and run away, and when she blushed. When someone blushes in our presence, you can almost compare it to what you mortals experience during Spring: when the wind carries the sweet smell of trees being in full blossom, that is how you smell to us when you blush. It's like a gust of sweetness engulfing us fully, entering and teasing our nostrils to madness. And at this very moment, as I realise this new thought, I try to ignore my thoughts about Drogo being around her. It must've been excruciating and almost unbearable for him to restrain himself from not jumping on her on the spot.

Lisa is trying with all her might not bumping into the several pieces of furniture. She almost succeeds in doing so... When her leg touches the belt of my bathrobe that is lying on top of my bedroom bench, fright is building up inside of her. "Are they the branches from my dream?!" What the hell is she talking about, branches? What branches?!? I hear her sighing with relief and see her reaching for my robe. I just know she is liking the touch of my robe, because it is made of satin. I just love the feeling satin gives me when it's on my skin. It almost feels like the embrace of a naked woman, so soft and languorous. I see her smile at her silly thought and she walks up to one of the windows. I was right all along and I made the right decision in giving her the spare bedroom next to mine: she adores the view over our backyard, which is almost like a park. Then she turns around and her eyes rest on the bedside table. She notices my notebook and also the bracelet and the box of matches. I watch her sliding her fingers over the notebook, which seems to attract her like a magnet. She's almost like a moth drawn to a flame. Will she give in to her curiousity and take a look inside?

"No, Elizabeth, no! That would be pushing your curiousity too far. You don't go snooping around in other people's stuff!".

Pfew, I'm glad she didn't look inside the notebook. But my relief doesn't lasts long, because she's looking around again and observing the entire room. Shit, what if she'll discover me? What if she has better eyesight compaired to other people? Her eyes rest onto the bookcases and she walks up to the books to take a better look at them. She's closing in on me and I have to do something to avoid being caught, here in my almost useless hidingplace. She is too close for comfort at this very moment.

"Nicolae likes to read. Wow, there are ancient books, they must've been around for centuries."

I don't want to do it, but I have no other option: she's closing in on my big time, and I don't want to be discovered. Our first meeting has to be more special than at this very moment. I decide to invade her mind, only to make her avert her attention from the bookcases. I know I succeeded when her gaze wonders towards the two large, velvet armchairs and the small table situated between them. She is right: I like to read. So it isn't strange for me to have a pile of books laying on top of that small table. From time to time it creaks under the weight of the books. I'm very fond of that table, so I try not to put too many books on it. I am pleased to see that she's drawn to the books and she goes and sit on one of the armchairs.

She takes the first book off of the pile and holds it almost like it was a newly discovered treasure. She places the book on her lap and starts to examine it with such softness and respect towards the book, I melt on the spot. Never have I ever met someone who treats books like they are a delicate flower. She looks at the book and moves her hand over the cover: the book's binding is made of leather, which is worn and smooth because of its age, but still is beautiful none the less. I sense she likes this feeling and I am pleased that she likes the feeling underneath her fingertips. She looks at the engraved words on the cover and tries to decipher them, in vain. The words are in Latin and when she opens the book, her eyes notice the gorgious marbled paper. It's an essay about werewolves.

"How funny! Finding a book like this, especially after my dream..." What the... First the branches and now werewolves? What dream did she have exactly?

"Is it the darkness of this room or this book? My god, my imagination seems to get ahead of me... my dream is haunting me. The wolf that was in my dream, it seemed to have something human in its eyes when he stared at me in that hostile forest. I got that feeling again when he looked at me just before jumping on the shadowy man. And again, just before disappearing into the dark night, when the man knocked it to the ground, without even touching it."

Branches? A werewolf?! A shadowy man?!? I notice a shiver runs down her spine and again, I am hearing her thoughts clearly as if she spoke out loud. "Maybe that's why I thought the wolf was a werewolf. Because of its eyes, they had nothing animal about them. And now I come across this book about werewolves... it wouldn't hurt to read a bit, right?" All the while she is sitting there, I am beginning to fall for her big time. Her appearance, her curiousity, her fascination for books like this... I see her grabbing the blanket and put in on her lap, which was hanging over the backrest of the chair she's sitting on. Then she starts reading the book, while gently stroking each page of the book. How I would want her to gently stroke every inch of my body, craving and dying for her touch...

Her eyes wonder over the pages, but I notice she's not reading all that attentively. She's rather reading paragraphs at random, going from information about fights, to information about packs and transformation.

This is when I realise I cannot restrain myself staying in my lousy hidingplace, although she hasn't discovered me despite of the fact she was closing in on me a few moments earlier. I decide I'm going to put her under a spell of fatigue, just enough for me being able to approach her without her noticing me. So I enter her mind again, and tell her that she's feeling drowsy and sleepy. And, off course, it works like a charm. She's beginning to feel more and more sleepy, she has a hard time keeping her eyes open. I can't help a smile forming on my face. She's struggling to stay away, I sense the turmoil inside her. Then her head gently falls against the armrest of the chair and slowly she's falling asleep.

Right then I am approaching her, but then I notice something strange: is she fighting the spell I've put her under? Without a doubt she is! She tries to keep a grip on the book that is on her lap, because it eventually will fall to the ground. And then I start to panic: she notices my presence! She knows she's not longer alone, how is that even possible?! There must be something more to this girl, something I don't know yet. She feels ill at ease and then she opens her eyes instinctively, due to the feeling of danger that is building up inside her. CRAP! Has she seen me? She knows that someone is standing behind her, but if I'm lucky she's only seen my silhouette and not my features.

"I was right, there IS someone in this room! So I wasn't imagining things earlier on, but who could it be? It surely cannot be Nicolae, because he's away until tomorrow... But it has to be a man, the silhouette is far too slender and tall for it to be a woman's silhouette. He appears imposing, yet he inspires me no fear. I can't see his face, but he has nothing to do with the man in my nightmare... this man, he has good intentions, he means me no harm."

She swallows and gets ready to say something to me, but no sound escapes her mouth. For a moment I sense her thinking about the fact if she's still dreaming or not. But then she realises that she's concious. She notices that everything around her is a part of the real world, except that she doesn't feel a part of it: she doesn't feel the real. And that's how I know she's still under my spell, because I am standing right behind her, but it feels like if we were the only two beings on this planet. Me feeling her presence and she being aware of my presence. I'm glad to sense that she finds it still reassuring that I am standing behind her, and that she's still convinced that I mean her no harm. Being lost in thoughts, at first I don't notice that she's slipping away from underneath the spell and that she's regaining more control of her own body.

Wait, what is she doing? No, it can't be, she can't... Oh fucking hell, she's turning around!!! Who is she exactly? She's not a normal human being, because I've never seen a human being breaking a spell like the one I've put her under. Fuck, she's going to find out what I look like and who I might be...
At that moment I know I have to put her under a more powerful spell, most likely a paralyzing spell, in order for her not being able to turn around. I don't want to do it, but I don't have any other choise. "What the... why is my body disobeying me? I want to turn around, but I'm not able to. Just like when I wanted to speak but no sound came out of my mouth..."

Eventually, I can't restrain myself and before I know it, I've placed my hands on her shoulders. My grasp on her shoulders is strong, sure, but gentle. I don't want to frighten or even scare her, I want her to feel at ease around me. I notice that she relaxes underneath my touch, which stirs great desire and longing for her within me. She doesn't even try to resist under my soft touch and she lets herself go to the sweetness of the moment that she and I share so intimately. I want more, I want to feel all of her body, but I have to restrain myself from doing so. So I decide to massage her shoulders, to her great relief. Her entire body relaxes and a very naughty thought crosses my mind: she is at my mercy, she's as malleable as a pillow full of feathers. I could take advantage of her being in this state of mind, but I decide not to. If I ever want a chance at her, I have to lay low and ignore the overload of testosteron which is reaching every cell in my body. I feel that my member is becoming rigid, just because of these thoughts. It's a feeling that I haven't experienced for decades and I love it. Down, boy! I am not like Drogo, to jerk off regularly. It's not that I don't like the feeling it gives me, on the contrary! But I would rather cum inside of a woman instead of in the shower.

Suddenly I feel a draft of cold air running over my body and it helps a bit to extinguish the fire that has been roaming throughout my entire body. I notice Lisa's trembling, so I guess I'm not the only one who feels this cold draft. I don't want her to feel cold, so I pull the blanket up to her shoulders, because it slided off of her lap more. She has her eyes closed again and I am contemplating her beautiful, doll-like face. Her features are immaculate and her skin is so fair! Her eyelashes are so long in order for them not in any need of some form of make-up. Her lips are beautiful, lushious and plump, which wants me to ravish them and force my tongue into her mouth and around hers. But I don't give in to temptation, yet. Patience is a virtue, Nicolae!

I have the sudden urge to run my fingers through her beautiful hair and before I can stop the need doing so, I am already doing it. Oh my god, it feels so good! And at the same time it feels very familiar, because I haven't felt this for ages. The last time I felt this, my Elizabeth was still alive. The feeling of her hair brings back bittersweet memories about Elizabeth. I look more attentive at Lisa and realise that they do look exactly the same. Even her features are the same as Elizabeth's. But how can that be? If you showed me a picture of Elizabeth and then a picture of Lisa, I wouldn't notice any differences. They could be twins, as far as a total stranger would know of. I want to keep running my fingers through her hair, but I know it cannot last. So I bring my hands back to her shoulders and I feel her relax even more under my touch. It seems that my hands are leading a life on their own at this moment, because they are going back running through her hair. And there I feel something that turns me on: I feel her whole body starting to quiver and vibrate underneath my touch. "Oh my, the power of his touch, I can feel it even in my legs. I even feel a slight tingling, which is so pleasant. Please, don't stop!" She's plunged into a torpor which she cannot fight.

"Normally I am sensible... I don't ever let myself go that easily, especially not knowing who I'm dealing with. I want to know and take a look at the man who's taking such good care of me right now. But this moment is... magical. I don't want to interrupt these feelings I'm feeling. Am I dreaming it all up or not? Since when do people appear in the middle of the night and massage your shoulders? It's crazy! I must be dreaming."

I bring my mouth towards her ear and my eye is drawn towards her earlobe and the sensitive skin located right underneath it. I close my eyes, fighting myself from not nibbling away at her earlobe, while whispering in her ear that she's not dreaming. But I refrain from doing so. At this moment I decide that it's for the best that I make a run for it, out of this room. Because if I'll stay a minute longer, I am going to break the deal I made with Peter, Drogo and Lorie. I want to taste her sweet smelling blood and transform her to be mine for eternity. I'm beginning to experience the familiar characteristics of me changing into the creature I loathe entirely.

The door to the corridor is still open and I decide to dash out of my room. That will immediately break the spell she's under, but I will be faster at getting away from her and out of her eyesight than she can realize what happened. She will have to take a few minutes before she realizes where she is and why she went there in the first place. And I am in need of a cold shower...