4. Peter Bartholy

During the time Drogo told me about his encounter with Viktor, sad and melanchonically piano music was to be heard throughout the manor. Softly yet loud enought to be heard. I could tell from his way of playing this beautiful instrument, that the young man named Peter was a sad, troubled and tormented soul, condemded to wander Earth for eternity. Just like Lorie, Drogo and myself.

Drogo told me a little bit about Peter. He told me that Peter used to be the eldest son around here, up until my arrival earlier this day. Peter was the first one to be transformed by Viktor for his "family". After that, Drogo followed a few years later. Then Lorie followed and with my transformation Viktors "family" was now completed.

"Do you want me to show you around upstairs?" Drogo suggested. "That way, we can talk to Peter and maybe pay Lorie a brief visit. And show you your room." I agreed to Drogo's proposal and went up the stairs. A magnificent, mahogany staircase with an almost royal-like red carpet on all of the steps. At a sudden point the staircase stopped at a platform and the platform splitted up into a left part and right part. We took a left on the platform and continued our way up. I wondered what was at the right side, but decided not to ask this question just yet.

Once we were on the second floor, I looked into a longstreched and wide corridor, with three doors on the left and right of the corridor and one door facing me. Drogo stopped for a moment and began to explain the order of the doors to me. "The first door on the left is Lorie's room, the second and third door on the left lead to spare bedrooms. The door facing us contains a spiral staircase downstairs towards the basement. The first door on the right is a linnen closet, the second door leads to my bedroom and the third door on the right leads to Peter's room."

We walked up to the door leading to Peter's room and Drogo opened the door. A wall of beautiful yet sad piano music hit me in the face. To my surprise we had to walk up another staircase to reach Peter's bedroom. As we walked up this staircase, which made a right turn after a few steps, the music grew even louder and we faced a slightly opened bedroom door. Drogo knocked on it very delicate, almost afraid of disturbing his brother. The beautiful music stopped at once. "Peter, can we come in for a second?"

From the other side of the door I heard Peter muttering a puzzled 'we'.

Drogo: "Yes, you heard right: we."

As Drogo opened the bedroom door more, I saw a sad-looking, blackhaired young man sitting on the piano stool facing us. He musn't be older that 25, I guessed. Drogo then entered Peter's bedroom almost like he was entering a palace, I followed his lead.

Peter: "Who is this, Drogo? Don't tell me it is another conquest of father-dear?"

Drogo: "Peter, this is Nicolae. Nicolae, Peter."

"Nice to meet you, Peter."

Drogo: "I am afraid he has done it again, Peter. But I overheard him telling Nicolae that he has completed his so-called family."

Peter: "And what about all the other people he transformes when he is away for "business" or "vacation"?

Drogo: "I honestly don't know and frankly don't give a shit!"

Peter: "Drogo, a little more respect for the people who fall victim to Viktor!!"

Peter, who came across as a gently, quite and serene young man, got very angry and mostly intimidating for mere seconds.

Drogo: "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so harsh..."

Peter then turned to me and looked straight at me. He looked at me for a few seconds in silence and then started talking to me.