The Vampire Prince goes to Hi...

By Mama_Kas

Twenty years ago, vampires emerged from the shadows and took their place among humans. With their King and th... More

Boredom
First Impressions
First time for everything
New Enrollment
Requirements
Acceptance
Proposal
Contract
Do's and Don't's
Stamped and Approved
Deeper into the Rabbit Hole
IceCreamEater
Warning Part 1
Warning Part 2
No Choice
Conference
Hunted
The Olive Branch
Rescued
Obsession
Negotiations
A Darker Past
Another World-part 1
Another World - part 2
Purists
Silence and Plans
Friends?
Consequences
To Believe or Not to Believe.
Help?
Plan D
The Spy
Phase One
Roommate
Sleepover
Unintentional Cause
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Choosing Sides
New Friends
New Bridges
Alliances
At the End
Termination
Taken
Terms
Reasons
True Intentions
A Mutual Pact
ANNOUNCEMENT
Haunting
Ghosts
Hidden Truths
Connections
Fissure
To New Beginnings
Confession
Trust
To My Displeasure
Demands
Revelations
Path
Date
Deal
Exquisite
Headlines
Guilt-Tripping
Audience
New Hope
Visitor
In a Different Light
Plan
In Motion
A New Kind of Deal
Breaking Radio Silence
Late Night Call
A Few Words
Aloud
Confrontation
Face-to-Face
All Things Must Come to an End
Announcement

Epilogue

42K 1.8K 790
By Mama_Kas

One Month Later

Sunset had just fallen a few hours later and I couldn't sleep. The sound of crashing waves coming from the window wasn't helping. Despite being on vacation, I didn't feel very relaxed. If anything, I felt guilty. I felt guilty for leaving everything behind and trying to forget everything that had happened. Plus, it didn't help that the only reason why my parents and I were able to take such a luxurious vacation on a coastal beach was because of the reparations we were paid because of Micah. Whether the money actually came from him, his family, or the mafia, we didn't know.

Sighing, I kicked the covers off of me. It was hot. Even in my silky pajamas, it was hot. The air pressed against my skin. I should have turned the AC back on before going to bed. Yawning, I slid out of bed and, blindly, headed towards the window. I fumbled in the dark for a while before finally finding the thermostat and adjusting it.

I made my way back to bed. My eyes teared up just from exhaustion. There wasn't much time left on our vacation. In less than four days, we would be heading home and I would be returning to school just in time for the holidays.

Finally feeling a cold draft, I slid back into bed and rolled myself up in a burrito. Even as I laid there, I didn't sleep. A long time ago, I had a kitten standing on my pillow. He was so invasive but so cute and soft. With him, I felt safe.

"I miss you," I mumbled.

"That makes two of us."

My heart stopped. I completely froze. Was I hearing things again? Was this a dream? It had to be a dream.

I popped up and glanced around the room. There by the window, a silhouette. Anger washed over me.

"Bug off," I forced out. "You can't pop in random people's rooms. I swear every vampire I come across has this thing against privacy. I'm sure you can find someone else's neck to nibble on tonight."

"What if it's your neck I want to nibble on?"

My stomach flipped. That voice sounded too familiar. This wasn't just a random vampire. I knew this vampire, but what was he doing here? He shouldn't be here, not after everything that I had done. I swallowed thickly.

"Alexan-"

"You have no right to call me that."

My hand flew to my mouth. It was him. I closed my eyes feeling them sting. Of course, he was angry. I did deserve that but why was he here? Is that why he had come? My family's vacation hadn't been announced to anybody. Camellia and Mr. Keys promised no one would bother us. I mean, Alexander wasn't a bother but he shouldn't have found out where we were.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered. "You - you weren't - I mean, no one is supposed to know we're here."

"A little bird told me."

I took a deep breath. He was here. Alexander had finally come to see me. What could I say to him at this point? I'd practiced what I would say but, now, nothing came to mind.

"You've come for a reason," I began. "If you came for an apology, I have to say that it's complicated and -"

"Not only did the little bird tell of this place," Alexander interjected. "It also told me other interesting bits of information."

As he spoke, Alexander approached. I tightened the covers around me. His eyes were so dark and unfriendly. He finally stopped at the foot of the bed.

"You are incredibly stupid. Micah could have killed you!"

I ducked my head. It had been stupid of me to confront Micah. And yes, I knew he could have killed me, and yet, I had to do it.

Strange noises echoed around me and it took me a moment to realize that it was coming from me. I pressed both hands against my mouth trying to stop the sobbing. Try as I might, I couldn't. I crumbled forward, letting everything pour out. Everything, all my exhaustion, my fear, my frustration, and my relief. I cried until there were no more tears left.

Alexander never touched me once. He stood at the foot of my bed as I tired myself out from crying and finally quieted. I sniffed, rubbing my eyes. Somehow, I managed to sit up. I stared up at him. The anger was still in his eyes.

"It was the only way to save you," I told him hoarsely. "I hated seeing you behind bars. I hated being so powerless. And I absolutely hated how Micah had done so much to hurt you. He couldn't get away with framing you."

Alexander plopped down beside me, his back to me. "Getting me out of there - that wasn't for you to do. I was going to take care of it in my own way. I had a plan."

I looked down, anger burning inside me but then it was gone. "I wish you would have told me," I whispered. "I could have helped you. If I knew -"

If I knew he had a plan, I wouldn't have been so reckless. And yet, would his plan have stopped me from confronting Micah?

"I -I had to do it," I said, looking at him. "Honestly, I think it was more for myself than anything else. For so long, Micah tormented me and it always stayed with me. I needed to confront him to prove to myself that he had no control over me. That I was no longer afraid."

Neither of us spoke for a while. I ached to reach out to him and make sure he was real. I needed to know that this wasn't a dream.

"Sorry," I whispered, sniffing. "I'm so sorry for saying those things to you. You didn't deserve them. I never doubted your word, not even for a moment. I'm sorry I lied to you." My chin trembled. "I know that forgiving me is the last thing on your mind and this is goodbye. So, thank you for giving me a chance to apologize. I -"

I suddenly found myself on my back. The ceiling stretched out above me. Alexander appeared in my field of vision. Both of his arms were on either side of me. His eyes were emotionless. My stomach flipped. I looked away, unable to bring myself to look him in the eyes.

His fingers wrapped around my chin and forced me to look at him. His touch was cold and his fingers bit into my skin.

"You're so stupid," he growled.

His lips smashed against mine. It was so sudden, I froze.

Alexander pulled away and my lips stung.

"You're so frustrating."

His lips touched mine again. Not as hard but just as sweet and as swift.

I swallowed thickly. My stomach did somersaults.

"And so reckless!"

This time, when his lips found mine, I responded. I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him closer. His fingers moved away from my chin and entertained themselves by slipping underneath my top. My body automatically curved against his.

I couldn't bring myself to stop until Alexander pulled away. I sucked in a deep breath, unable to catch my breath.

Alexander stood frozen above me, his head ducked away. Trembling, I pulled him down beside me. My body felt hot. I was still wrapped up in my covers that I couldn't even move properly.

"I should go," he finally said. His lips were so close to my ear.

"N-no," I forced out. I shifted on my side until I laid face-to-face with Alexander. "We're not done talking."

"Rin, if I stay - I - it's taking every ounce of my being to stop myself."

My stomach flipped again and I was sure you could cook an egg on my face. "Oh."

Why did he have to say something like that? I mean, wasn't he still mad at me? Did he still hate me?

"Then, can I call you Alexander again?" I whispered. "I mean, you probably don't ever want to see me again."

"It's not that," Alexander began. "Before I would have been pissed off and I would probably make you regret it. Honestly, a part of me wanted to hear you say you didn't believe me. You had nothing to base your faith on and yet, you still stood beside me. So, thank you for that.

"I blame myself for putting you through that. You must have felt like you had no other choice. So, I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "No, you shouldn't be apologizing. Even if it was all for the sake of incriminating Micah, I still shouldn't have said that to you. You're not like you were before."

He smirked. "You're going to have to apologize so many times to make me consider forgiving you."

"You're still a jerk though."

I sighed and snuggled closer. Alexander traced circles across my back.

"And yes," he suddenly said. "You can call me Alexander. I don't mind."

I couldn't help but smile. He was too cute sometimes. But there was still a nagging thought in my head.

"Hey, Alexander?"

"Hmm?"

"Um, so, where were you when those videos were filmed?" I asked. "I mean, it doesn't matter but I'm curious. If you don't want to tell me, I won't force you, but I do really want to know."

Alexander rolled over on his back, removing his hand from my back. The sudden loss of contact felt strange.

"It's not like I can't tell you," he began.

I propped myself up on my elbow. "Go on."

He hid his face behind his hands. "Do you remember when you told me that I had no friends?"

It took me a moment to realize what he had said. I opened my mouth then closed it. Wait. What? So, it had affected him.

"I was pissed," he continued before I could say anything. "I went to blow off some steam and I finally found a place but I didn't want anyone to see me because of, well, reasons and you know how reporters are. I made sure no one saw -"

I didn't give him the chance to finish. Just like he had done, I silenced him with my lips. Everything I felt for him was placed into that kiss. I was so thankful.

"Stay with me tonight," I mumbled against his lips.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" he asked. "I might not be safe if you continue to be like this."

I sat up and gave him a look. "If you don't want to stay, you don't have to. I just thought it would be nice to spend some time together."

His smirk was back. "I'll stay but, how do you want me?"

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Do you want the kitten or me?"

My stomach did a flip. "I-it doesn't matter," I stammered out. "I . . . like you either way." I cleared my throat. "But y-you're just fine. You don't have to shift or anything."

I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I was sure he was still smirking. That jerk. With a chuckle, Alexander pulled me towards him.

"I'll stay as long as you want me to," he whispered. "I did say I want to nibble on your neck." He paused. "Well, maybe not just on your neck."

Not for the first time did I feel my face burn. Alexander was . . . impossible sometimes. But at least, he was here and that was all that mattered.

"Rin," Alexander suddenly said.

"Hmm?"

"Go out with me."

I looked at him. "Weren't we -?"

"Without any strings attached," he quickly added. "Before, we both had our reasons for it. Now, well, if you would have me. I'd like to date you properly."

Of all the things he could have said, I hadn't expected that. There really wasn't anything to think about. The answer sat on my lips. I wasn't doing this out of guilt or anything. I knew that I did have to make it up to him but Alexander was genuinely asking me out without bringing in what had happened.

"Yes," I replied. "Of course, I would go out with you."

He planted a kiss on my forehead. "You're mine," he muttered.

For the first time, he was right. 

A/N:  

 First and foremost, thank you. Thank you for all the support you've shown me and the story. I wouldn't have been able to finish this story without everyone's support. There aren't words to express my gratitude. 

It's so exciting to finally complete the story. I know it took a long time but we finally got here. I know many people have been wondering but yes, I do have a sequel planned. I'm not sure when that is going to be published but there is a sequel.

In the near future, I might end up publishing the Vampire Prince goes to High School. I haven't decided if I want to self-publish or you the traditional route but I'll keep you guys posted. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552 41 30
"What in the world are you doing here?" His voice was stern, tinged with annoyance. "You should not have come. It's too dangerous." Elara stepped clo...
1.6K 498 29
Iris Mays knew being accepted to a prestigious high school as a lower class citizen would have it's ups and downs. But she didn't know one of those...
934K 24.7K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...
64.6K 4K 87
After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is graduation around the corner, Alexander has...