Lies and Truths

By Bellatrix_LS

Anyone hear of those 'dark' Hermione and 'dark' Harry fics? WELCOME TO ONE! Harry Potter is not Harry Potter... More

Wattys2019
A/n
OC Info #1
Author's what
Dear Readers
Hermione and Harry
Potions of Minds
Potions and Flying and Lyra Dumbledore
Halloween
Um so........A/n
Telepathics Best Friend and a Scaly Familiar
The Remaining Year and Home
A New Year
Draco, Hermione, Ginny, and a Voice
Down the Snake Pit?
To Kill or Not Kill Dumbledore, That's the Question
Train Ride to Hell
Aunts the Word, Moms the shooked
Questions and Quidditch
Two H Events Meet Two H Glamored
The School is having a Sleepover
Something is...K-Niney
The Christmas of All Christmas
Officially on Hiatus

A Lovely Ride into Summer

1.6K 45 7
By Bellatrix_LS

Another rushed chapter cause why not? I'm sorry the part I'm dying to start writing is year three because juicy stuff.

Time flew by and they used the girl's bathroom to make a special potion. This would allow Hermione and Harry to spy on Draco. There was a vile ghost named Myrtle but Harry tried thinking about the fact that she was majorly depressed then was killed by the school guardian. He guessed he'd moan and groan and annoy others if he had to.

They didn't get much around Christmas time and so they tried other things...until Harry came cross a diary. Or more so...a journal. Myrtle had said it hit her on the head, complaining that even though she wouldn't feel it didn't make it less hurtful. Harry, responding to it, said "You are quite right. You must have already enough troubles on your mind, and then someone inconsiderate throws the book at you. I'll try finding who did so they can properly apologize to you."

Myrtle was surprised. It was expected of course, as the only person who was ever kind to Myrtle, the only one who was saddened by her death, the only friend she ever had...had been Lyra Dumbledore. She truly was a more definition Gryffindor. She was brave, determined, courageous, had the nerve to stand up to her housemates, daring beyond measure - rumor having that she's the reason the forest is now the Forbidden Forest-; but above all was her chivalry to others. Even though she hated her house more than any Slytherin she was respectful towards them. She was quick to help others without a second thought. She casted judgement fairly unlike any other Gryffindor at the time. She despised backstabbing peers but the moment they were wronged, no matter the age and house, she would make sure it was corrected. It was a wonder how she was never a Prefect but of course the headmaster at the time made her headgirl. There was no question in who deserved it more. Some called a silver knight for Tom... no one but those in Slytherin knows where this came from but were worried when that got out. It was suspicious.

But as Harry said this to her she couldn't help but feel this warmth from back then. Lyra was the only one who had given her such a warmth before, although it was less as much as she was a ghost now.

Harry left, saying his farewell to the sad girl. He didn't think she wanted sympathy but he sure as hell believed she deserved an apology!

-

A month had passed and no matter what the boy-who-was-saved did he could find any significance other than it was blank. He, in frustration, decided to write. He didn't know what to write until he saw the first blob of ink disappeared. Harry let his magical gears in his head work and began his introduction to whomever this was going to.

Hello to whomever you may be. My name that was given to me is Harry Potter. I'm a second year hybrid house of the noble Houses of Gryffindor and Slytherin.

The ink bled then disappeared. Then a moment later a new text shown.

Hello, Harry Potter. I'm Tom Riddle. How odd, that is, to be a hybrid house. I was sorted in the noble house of Slytherin and I'm in my fifth year. How did you receive this journal?

Harry was in thought. Should be answer? Well...he already started so he should at least converse with whomever is replying to him.

I found it in the abandoned girl's bathroom. Myrtle was quite unpleased by 'being hit by a blasted book' as she would put it. I simply took it out of curiosity. Did you scare off the last writer in this journal, Tom?

Perhaps if she threw my journal away. And at Myrtle's head? If Lyra hears that she'll have a fit! She was friends with her, I can just hear the lecture to whom her victim will be.

He was not revealing who it was. Dang it. Who could have had this journal?

Days passed and often Harry could feel this creeping dark energy but his own energy, his own magic, would repel it. He would speak about so many people to the journal, tell him about the Lyra he knew. The man behind the sheets of paper, Tom Riddle, would say he was more than close to her. He spoke about how Gryffindor she was. He called most Gryffindors half wits, untrue to their house while she was what he believed should be how all Gryffindors should be. As they spoke he was happy someone cared for Lyra so very much. Every conversation was with Tom had this odd string to it.

Then one day Tom showed him speaking to Dumbledore back in the day. How Hagrid was blamed, how HE pinned it on him. A giant spider...was it really a spider? No, Lyra said it was the school's guardian. Perhaps it was easier to say it was Hagrid because he brought in dangerous creatures.

As time sped up though Harry was still beginning to understand the diary. Then he had to leave it alone to pick his third year classes. He chose divination and Care for Magical Creatures. Then returned to find the diary stolen. It was stolen! Harry soon heard a voice again after one Quidditch match was canceled.

But it got worse...it was Hermione. Hermione was petrified along with another classmate. His best friend! It didn't sit well. Perhaps this is what Filch is feeling without Mrs. Norris? It had to, they were close if not closer than Hermione was to him. He needed this to stop! So, going through the telepathic link he discovered what it was. A basilisk?

He found where the opening of the chamber was, knock Lockhart out so he wouldn't get in the way, accidentally obliviating his memory up until the day he was born, and went to face the beast. Or at least at first...

He saw there pale as ever...Ginny Weasley. The girl he hung out with almost all this year who wrote in her...wait was that Journal Tom Riddle's? Oh of course it was! It explained so much! Everything made more total sense! But that means she's in peril!

The mortified look of Tom Riddle was a rare sight. Looking at it was like finding the fountain of youth. No one could believe it. However no one but him in that very moment knew the reason why. Yes, he killed someone. He's always threatened to do so in the past. However, seeing who was the victim shot him with regret. He was hoping it would be some loser like a Gryffindor but it was a Ravenclaw. One that his one and only true love was friends with. How could he face her? She would find out one way or another. If not from his mouth then from his memory. He let the basilisk out. He was responsible, and she would be the only solid proof. What if he lost her because of this?

(Tom overestimates Lyra's anger >.>)

Many however were filled with glee. Hah! No more devilish, perverted, annoying, ugly, and stupid Myrtle! Myrtle Warren was terrible! How could Lyra Dumbledore, the school's most angelic student, ever see anything good in her?! Myrtle Warren is dead! Myrtle Warren is dead!

However Lyra was not happy. To Lyra, she was the bullied girl. To Lyra, she was the misunderstood. To Lyra, she was judged too quickly. How dare they praise her death?! How dare they suggest that she, a girl who they dubbed without knowing her, devilish? Annoying? She was not ugly! She was perfectly normal, and yes, she will admit, she was a bit on the pervert side but that's they're fault! When you're alone, that can and will corrupt you. Stupid? Little does Ravenclaw know she was the one gathering points! Everyone else is scraping at the bowl! Myrtle, my dear, fair well.

As the days went on only Tom could comfort her. She knew what he had done but it was no secret now that he had been horrified to find that Axel had killed the eagle. Of course, no one knew it was him. He had over the next few days pinned the blame on her own housemate, Rubeus Hagrid. He was only in his third year. Hagrid has his wand snapped and someone took pity into him, giving him a place and a future.

And Lyra? She continued to nurture that remorseful nature hidden away inside of Tom. She hoped Lucy would do the same, if she could.

The Basilisk was chasing the boy like nothing else mattered, and perhaps nothing else did. He was hungry. Starving. However to the boys surprise when he cursed in accidental Parceltongue the Basilisk slowed down in its assault. No, not stopped, slowed. It was confused and so was the boy sucking the life out of the Weasley girl. A parcel mouth? The Phoenix Who game to help was helping all he could. Fawkes had came to his aid despite Dumbledore's order or more correctly, stayed in the school despite Dumbledore leaving. In a sudden moment the snake bit into him but quickly retracted like he really shouldn't have. The bite was deep and Fawkes flew down. Tom looked at Harry. For a second he didn't see green eyes.

If only for second...he swore he could see Lyra's own blue eyes on the-boy-who-lived.

"T-Tom...stop. It's not worth it. She's only a first year. And your real self is still out there, alive! I saw him last year! He tried taking the Philosophers Stone! Just stop this madness, there's no need to take her life when you still exist!" Harry coughed up blood. Fawkes pecked where his wound was. He was greatly upset by Harry's words, by him technically dying right there. Tom, in that moment...disappeared.

Why? He didn't do it because of Harry entirely. He knew he would've lived as the Phoenix had began crying on the wound, its tears being one of the most strongest healers. No it's what he saw in the boy in that split second... he saw Lyra. His love, his obsession since that one partner assignment. She was everything to him.

Then it was his points he had said. He saw Voldemort. He was alive! He was right, the main soul would take care of everything! They would make this world perfect! No muggles! Without muggles, muggleborns would have to integrate more with their culture rather than have wizards go with theirs. The only nonmagical ones that should ever exist are Squibs!

And with that the Basilisk stared at the boy. His paralysis eyes were covered by one of his lids, as to look the boy in the eyes. Why did this great beast feel shame? Was it because he was a Parceltongue? Yes, but it was more than that! The great snake hissed an apology, calling Harry 'speaker'. Harry nodded to the beast, then asked it one question.

〜Are you Ssstarving?〜
Yessss
〜How long hassss it been ssssince you've eaten anything?〜
When my firsssst Masssster, Salazar left.〜
〜Why haven't you eaten ssssince? Can you not leave the chamber to outssssside the casssstle?〜
Not sssssince hisssss youngessst cleaned the tunnel. Ssshe left a few yearssss before he did, sssstarted making hersssself her own hatchlingsss. Afterwardssss it locked up because of my masssster believed mugglessss could sssneak in. I thought it wasss sssstupid ssssince no one elssse can open the door but a parcel mouth and I would have treated it asssss he treated cookiesss, a quick sssnack.
〜Isss the tunnel alsssso on a parcelmouth lock?〜
Yesss and it needssss a certain sssspell. A parecelmouth sssspell.〜
〜May you ssshow me, Axel?〜
〜Yesssss.〜

The grand and terrifying creature used his tail to point to a giant door. Harry looked at the design in ah. The snake designs were magnificent and beautiful. Carved into the door was lined that somehow came natural to Harry.

Pravesh

The door opened and a chilly air blew through. Rats and spiders scattered away, sensing the Basilisk. The spiders hated the creature. Rats just knew better.

Thank you.
〜Just don't eat on castle grounds. Try the forbidden forest. Less risk of students getting hurt.〜

Like that the huge creature went through the gateway. Yep, he was hungry. He heard the groaning coming from Ginny. He quickly ran to her side.

"Ginny can you hear me?"

The voice let her fully awaken to the cold and damp room. She blinked and then a gasp as she sat up. She looked around her and then said "Harry?" She was relieved to not be alone in the room. "Yes, I'm here. I'm glad you've awakened." She nodded and looked him right in the eye and said "I'm so sorry, Harry. It's my fault the chamber opened! I kept talking to that journal...I found it in my cauldron so I thought I'd gotten it by mistake but I didn't tell anyone. I wrote in it and to my surprise it wrote back. It was like I had my own pen pal! I kept writing back and before I knew it I couldn't stop. It made me feel like I wasn't alone. With all my brothers; Will, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, and Ron I don't get attention other than clothes since I can't do the hand-me-downs thing. But in the end I still get very little. Mum always gives her attention to my brothers, dad is always away in his work until dinner, and my brothers either ignore or mess with me. When I had someone to talk to about how alone I felt I thought it was a dream come true! I even met you the day I found it so I thought it was an omen of a better year. I was wrong, I realized, after a couple weeks. I couldn't ignore that I didn't feel good as I had before or the fact I was growing paler everyday. Then Hallowe'en!"

She looked pain stricken.

"I don't remember much other than I blacked out and what happens? I wake up to blood and chicken feathers on me! I didn't tell anyone what happened. Soon I realized the journal did this so I threw it out in the girl's bathroom."

Harry was then reminded of poor Myrtle.

"I figured something like this may have happened but you don't remember...oh and as for the bathroom incident, you accidentally hit Moaning Myrtle on the head. It hurt her feelings, you know."

Harry knew that wasn't the most sensitive things to say, and probably shouldn't have, but Myrtle deserved an apology damn it!

"I did? I didn't notice her there, nor did I know it would hurt her." Harry looked at Ginny and rubbed her shoulder in comfort. "It May go right through them but to Myrtle I think it's more of a psychological pain. There are stories about Myrtle you know. Lyra, one of the portraits, knew her. She was bullied. She's probably been through several cases of pranks and verbal abuse from peers before being killed by the Basilisk. Even then people celebrated her death like their house won the house cup! I think she at least deserves an apology."

Ginny nodded. "I can agree to that. Didn't she go here around...you know who's time?" Harry nodded. "He was in his Fifth year supposedly." She looked down. "Then bullying Ravenclaw must've been a thing back then. One of my grandfather's brothers was sorted into Ravenclaw and brutally bullied by the majority of the school. He committed suicide on the astronomy tower."

What did those years have against Ravenclaw?

"But...Harry...when I found you had it I thought I was helping you. I thought maybe you would've ended up the same way so I took it back. But now that I look back I think I was being selfish. I didn't really want to save you..but to have someone to talk to again. Then we got to this mess...but you saved me. Thank you Harry."

Ginny hugged Harry. He helped her up and they nodded to the other. "Now, I better apologize to a ghost."

As time passed Fawkes stayed with Harry until Dumbledore was reinstated. Hagrid has returned from Azkaban and he spent time with him, Ginny occasionally following. When Hermione awoke from her petrification she had not only went through class memories but was welcomed back with a cupcake from Hagrid and Harry. Harry insisted he help saying she was his friend but in reality it was more so the fact that his food can turn into burnt biscuits, rocks when it was really bad.

That year yet again did Slytherin win. Plus they gained an extra twenty points last minute from Harry, who earned it by taking care of Fawkes while Dumbledore was gone.

-

"Harry, Hermione, I'll miss you two for another three months! Oh I will be so bored. Hermione, Harry do you remember what I told you about a Lion?"

"Be wary of an old lion's roar."

Lyra laughed and smiled at them. "Yes. Oh and there's one more thing! Hermione, Harry I've noticed a few things about you two. I can't be certain but I've noticed changes about you two. Did either of you feel jolts if pain? At all?" They looked at each other. "Well...I remember when I was visiting Hermione her body while still petrified looked like it was spazzing out. Why?" Lyra nodded. Hermione gulped. What was she going on about. "Next year when you get your things, please ask the Goblins about Inheritance Tests. Say a half witch said she noticed a few things while in charge of you two. They'll understand."

The two nodded and with their trunks said their farewell. As their figures left the portrait looked down. She opened a locket. Two pictures laid inside. One was of her Pa, her Father, and herself. Then the other? Tom and herself again, third year. It was taken the while they were shopping.

"Oh Tom, I fear what my father is up to. I fear what truth they will see...but most of all I'm frightened by the possible reaction to all the exposed lies they've known their whole lives, my dear serpent."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 6.6K 12
ONESHOT! DARK!FIC: Many things have happened to Harry, he endured because it was what he had to do to keep the ones he cared about safe. But when he...
4.1K 47 63
Mudblood & Me. A fanfiction about the love/hate relationship between Draco Malfoy, a pure-blood wizard and Hermione Granger, a muggle witch. Draco, a...
2.5K 113 12
This is a fanfiction! The major shipping are Harry x Hermione, Draco x Ginny, and Neville x Luna. IF YOU CAN RESPECT THE SHIPS, THEN PLEASE PROCEED...
2.9M 69.6K 55
Newly Headgirl Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her final year without Harry and Ron. She is eager for a stress free year but her happiness...