Happy Ever After? (Calum Hood)

By mxgicxlum

//A story of which two people who have everything loose it all and slowly themselves too// More

Happily Ever After?
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 12

205 1 0
By mxgicxlum

"So this is the girl room and that the boy room?" Calum asked, holding tins of paint in his hand.

"Does it matter?" I laughed, "They're both the same size."

"Okay," he shrugged, dropping the pink paint in the corner. I opened the pack of brushes and set it down with it before following him into what would be our room.

"It feels good to have more space," I smiled, walking over to where he was standing by the window.

"Everything feels good." He smiled, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer.

"We should start painting." I pulled his hand leading him into one of the bedrooms.

After a while he finally managed to get the paint open and poured into a tray, he handed me a roller and I started rolling the pink paint on of the walls.

"You have to go in the same direction Cal, you can't do that." I corrected him, taking hold of his hand and showing home, "It'll look messy when it all dries."

"It'll look messy." He mimicked, "Sorryyyy Little Miss Art Freak."

"I'm not an art freak." I gasped, letting go and moving back to my own spot.

"Well didn't you like paint like crazy in high school?"

"It was a hobby," I agreed, "I'm just saying that it'll be all streaky and look really bad if you do it like that."

"Yeah yeah yeah," he smirked.

"Stop smirking," I laughed.

"Why do I look good when I do that?" He smirked again, walking towards me.

"Stop," I laughed, pushing him away.

"Why? Does this...turn you on?" He whispered.

"Jesus Christ Calum,"

"Let's not bring him into this now,"

He gently pushed me against the wall and kissed my kneck, when he pulled back, his eyes still shut, I lifted my paint rolled and painted down his face.

He opened his mouth in shock, "You did not just do that."

"Oh I'm sorry, it looks like I just did?" I shrugged.

"If you want to play like that," he smiled, "That's fine then."

Every word he took on those final three words he brushed my face with his wet paintbrush.

He slowly walked away to another wall laughing proudly to himself,I dunked my hands in the paint knowing I'd probably regret it later and walked over to him.

"You're so beautiful you know that," I teased, placing both my hands on his chest, "And that jawline?" I moved my hands up to his jaw and caressed it smoothly.

Paint or no paint he was enjoying it and you could see the pain in his eyes.

He pulled me close and put his hands up the back of my top, I giggled at how much it tickled and put my head on his shoulder as my knees bent beneath me, "Stop." I giggled, "You know that tickles." I breathlessly spoke, still laughing.

He let go, his hands pink with paint as I mentally cursed him for covering my back in paint.

I quickly ran across the room and grabbed my own paints before climbing up the ladder to reach the top of the wall, I sat at the top and crossed my legs giggling before starting to carefully paint the top, trying not to get it on the ceiling.

"Can you please pass me that small brush? I can't get in the corners."

"Nope." Calum giggled, "I think we're at a safe distance from each other to be honest."

"Well fine then, I'll come over and get it but I'm leaving my paint here so splash me and I kill you."

I placed my paint where I was sitting and turned around in the ladder, I took a step down cautiously.

One foot caught in the railings and another slipped, in a state of panic my hands left the sides and a small scream left my mouth. I fell backwards with a thud, the ladder soon came down squashing me underneath it.

"Eva!" Calum shouted, dropping his stuff and coming running over, He grabbed the ladder and flung it off me, "Jesus are you ok?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I nodded as he pulled me into a sitting position.

"What did you hurt? Did you hurt your head you kneck? Oh my god you need to go to the hospital, you should never of went up that ladder, no no I should've given you the paint brush oh my god I'm so sorry,' he rambled.

"Calum stop, it's fine." I silenced him, holding my head in pain.

"No no it's not okay, I'm so sorry Eva I'm taking you home straight away-"

"Cal can you please shut up for two seconds, my head is spinning and you're talking nonsense it wasn't your fault so please stop rambling."

"Sorry." He muttered, placing his hand over mine on the back of my head. "Can I take you to the hospital please?"

"No."

"Well can I call my Mum?"

"I don't care."

"Do you want me to sit with you?"

"I don't care Calum." I snapped.

"Let me help you up and take you downstairs please."

"I'll be fine in a minute,"

"Eva you just fell from a 6ft ladder for god sake, you're pregnant and you're acting like you don't give two flying fucks."

"Stop shouting," I shouted, as a tear rolled down my face, "Please...I'm sorry."

"No no no no don't be sorry, please please don't be sorry."

He quickly sat down beside me and pulled my body close to his, "Please don't be sorry."

"Can you help me up please?" He nodded and stood up before holding out his hands for me.

I grabbed them and he pulled me up, I quickly stood but black spots blurred my vision as I wobbled, "No okay maybe not."

Calum quickly picked me up bridal style and carried me downstairs, he lay me on the couch and I slowly sat up.

He walked into the kitchen and poured me a glass of water before returning and handing it to me. I thanked him and sipped tentatively at the sides, "I might act like I don't care but trust me I do."

"I know you do," he nodded, "But maybe we should go get you checked out anyway?"

I shook my head slowly, "I'm not like in any pain it'll be fine...trust me...I'm sorry for snapping."

"It's ok, I got a fright."

"I know you did...I'm sorry I gave you a fright too."

"I'm sorry I never gave you the paint brush."

"I'm sorry I covered you in paint."

"I'm sorry for smirking,"

"I'm sorry but we should stop saying sorry," I smiled, "I guess were both to blame just as equally, my clumsiness got in the way."

"Your clumsiness always gets in the way,"

"But hey, if I wasn't clumsy I wouldn't of fallen for you...get it?" I joked, nudging his arm.

"Your jokes are terrible,"

"You're right." I nodded

"But I love them... Are you ok now?"

"I think so." I nodded slowly, "I twisted my ankle and I might have a little concussion but I'll survive,"

"Do you want me to call my Mum?"

"No no don't be stupid, she'll only worry and there's nothing to worry about."

"Why don't you lie here just now and I'll finish painting and then I'll take you home?"

"I'm sorry I can't help you paint,"

"I'm sorry I didn't catch you when you fell," he stood up and kissed my temple, "I got a real fright there Eva, please be careful you're too clumsy."

"I'm sorry," I wrapped my arms around his kneck and kissed him back, "I'll try watch where I'm going."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 94 44
don't fall in love
108K 3.5K 15
When a girl who doesn't believe in love and a boy who wants to fall in love, meet.
267K 7.7K 104
{Completed}