Not The Last {Rough Draft}

By EmilySeifert

~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the tim... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Supplies
Chapter 3: The Hospital
Chapter 4: Felix
Chapter 5: Betrayal
Chapter 6: Collapsed
Chapter 7: Separated
Chapter 8: Not The Last
Chapter 9: Backstories
Chapter 10: Busting Noses, Specifically Trent's
Chapter 11: Crazy People and That Boy
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday To Me
Chapter 13: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 14: Stay Strong
Chapter 16: Faster, Stronger, Bigger Zombies
Chapter 17: A Silver Lining
Chapter 18: Drowning Is A Bad Way To Die
Chapter 19: Ashley Stops Me
Chapter 20: When it rains, the CIA is there
Chapter 21: Empty And Not So Empty Threats
Chapter 22: Nightmares Are A Side Affect Of Trauma
Chapter 23: Rooftop Run
Chapter 24: Reunited With Old Enemies
Chapter 25: Hacking Into Systems
Chapter 26: The Granges'
Chapter 27: Zombie Dogs
Chapter 28: Zombie Bites and Familiar People
Chapter 29: Turning
Chapter 30: Withstanding Zombie Bites
Chapter 31: Tempers Rising
Chapter 32: The CIA Returns In Full Force
Chapter 33: Grenades Are Back In Fashion
Chapter 34: The Broadcast
Chapter 35: Working Together
Chapter 36: Sleep Is For The Weak
Chapter 37: One Or The Other
Chapter 38: Out Smart The Smart
Chapter 39: Chopper Stopper
Chapter 40: Destroying And Destroyed
Chapter 41: We've Been Broadcasted
Chapter 42: Giving In
Chapter 43: Torture Exercises
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: Hunting Expedition Success
Chapter 46: Game Of CIA
Chapter 47: The Hour Journey
Chapter 48: Averageish Beach Goers
Chapter 49: Celebrating Peace
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Chapter 15: Leaving Town

2.4K 147 20
By EmilySeifert

  "God damn it I hate zombies!" I yelled as I wrenched my knife out of a zombie's face.

  It had been a week since Jeff had died and in that time we had all toughened up. We had been raided of food twice within the week by Beige's people. Now we fiercely guarded the very small supply of food we had left. The food we had wouldn't last longer than a week. As soon as the food was gone we knew we had to leave but we weren't sure where we would go.

  "Honestly," Van started but stopped to stab a zombie through it's eyes with his two knives. "I could get used to this,"

  "I'm sure you could, but if you wanted to get used to this you should have done that three months ago! We are almost on our fourth month of this crap!" Ashley said punching a zombie in the face then kicking the knee so it would collapse.

  "Whatever," Van said, finishing off the last zombie. I rolled my eyes and walked back into the grocery store. Ashley and Van followed. We went back to the storage room where Trent and Nile had our food.

  "You guys done being amateurs?" Trent asked, cocking an eyebrow.

  "I'd like to see you go out everyday and kill those bitches," Van said. We had all gotten fed up with Trent constantly telling us that killing zombies weren't the first priority.

  "Yeah, honestly there is barely enough food there to feed one of us for a day let alone five of us. We really need to move on," Ashley said. Finally someone said how we had all been feeling. Trent had taken over as the official leader of us because he had the most experience in this stuff but honestly he was a complete loser.

  "No, we are staying here. If we leave we will be killed. We just need to stay and-," Trent started but I cut him off.

  "Trent! Shut. Up. We need to leave or else we are going to get killed. If you had any common sense at all you would see that we are barely getting by!" I yelled stepping up to Trent. He was a good four to six inches taller than me and looked down on me.

  "We're staying,"

  "We're leaving,"

  "Do you really want to play this game right now?" Trent asked.

  I smirked and kneed Trent in the stomach. He gasped for air and I punched him in the chest. Trent tripped and fell on his back, breathing deeply.

  "We're leaving. Today," I whispered, getting down to his level. I straightened back up and walked to Nile, Ashley, and Van.

  "Where are we going to go?" Nile asked.

  "The coast. I have investigating to do. Whether you guys will go all the way to the coast with me, I don't know and I really don't care but I'm doing it," I said. I was determined to figure out whether those people were my friends or not.

  "Yeah, I'll go," Ashley said smiling.

  "Uh, sure?" Nile said, shrugging.

  "This will be fun!" Van said with a wide smile.

  We all turned and looked at Trent, who had just gotten off of the floor.

  "Alright fine. But only because Ash is going," Trent said. Ashley huffed and crossed her arms.

  "Wonderful. Now get what you want. We leave in ten," I said, grabbing my back pack that I hadn't used for almost two weeks.

*

*

*

*

*

  "Way to take the lead back there," Nile said. I was standing outside the door of the grocery store waiting for everyone.

  "It had to be done," I said shrugging. I had somewhat avoided Nile since Jeff's death and I felt almost guilty about it. I had realized that since I got together with this group of people I had been starting to soften up. I was not about to be caught with feelings.

  "Yeah but it didn't have to be done that early. It was kind of gutsy," Nile said. I felt like I detected a note of bitterness.

  "If you don't want to come than don't. Stay with your precious little family if you want," I mumbled just loud enough for Nile to hear.

  "Really? You think I want to stay here?" Nile asked. The amount of bitterness had grown.

  "Well you apparently don't want to come with. Get this through your head right now. I'm leaving today whether someone comes with or not. I was alone for three months. What's three more going to do to me?" I said. I didn't know why I had flared up all of a sudden but I think most of it had to do with the fact that I was hungry, tired, and ready to get out of here.

  "Well for starters you could probably get too cocky and a zombie would eat you," Nile said. I snapped my head up and looked at him. That's when I noticed how angry he looked, just because I brought up his parents.

  "Yeah, I'm sure that I'm the one who would do that," I said, glaring back at him.

  "Maybe I won't go," Nile said crossing his arms.

  "Okay, one less person I have to babysit," I said. I was determined to give him the idea that I wasn't weak anymore and I didn't need his pity.

  "You really are the same heartless person I met a week and a half ago, huh?" Nile asked. I shifted my gaze back to the ground abruptly and started to play with the knife that was in my hands.

  "Are you ready to go?" Ashley said, walking out of the store. Van and Trent were right behind her. They had no idea what they had just interrupted.

  "I've been ready for twenty minutes. It shouldn't have taken that long," I mumbled and pushed myself off of the wall.

  "Are you alright?" Ashley asked as we all started to walk into town.

  "I'm perfect," I mumbled. I was anxious to get out of the town and to the other end of the state as soon as possible.

  "What happened between you and Nile?" Ash asked. She didn't look at me as she talked to me, she just kept her eyes ahead and gripped her pistol tightly.

  I hadn't told her about the kiss and I didn't really intend to but she was probably asking about why we had been avoiding each other the past week. I just shrugged and scanned the area. This was where Nile and I had been attacked by Beige's group the first time.

  "Should we really go through their territory? I mean, look at what happened last time," Van said. I strained my ears for any signs of humans.

  "We should be fine. We just shouldn't draw too much attention to ourselves," I said. I started walking again and the group followed.

  "So, where are you going now?" A voice sneered. I turned my head and saw Beige walking towards us with two knives that were bigger than my head.

  "We're leaving. You can have this precious town all to yourself now. Just leave us alone," I snapped. I was one hundred percent done with this town and Beige.

  "Did you just snap at me?" Beige asked, faking shock. "Nobody. And I mean nobody snaps at me,"

  "Well I just did so you better restate  that sentence," I said through gritted teeth.

  "Astrix," Trent cautioned. I ignored him.

  "Well then let me do that. Nobody snaps at me and survives," Beige said, squinting his eyes. He lifted his arm up and threw one of his knives at me before I could do anything. I saw a blur in the corner of my eye and Nile rammed into me and we both hit the ground. I hit the pavement and the air went out of me.

  Beige ran towards Ashley and grabbed her around the neck. Ashley let out a strangled scream. Beige lifted a gun to Ashley's right temple.

  I pushed myself up but Beige hovered his finger over the trigger.

  "Stay down, Richards," Beige said and smiled.

  "How do you know-?" I began but was cut off when I felt something cold press into the back of my head. I turned slightly and saw the same girl that I had fought at the fight. She grinned and put her finger over the trigger. I trained my attention back to Beige.

  "You really know nothing, huh?" Beige asked. I squinted my eyes and shuffled a little. The girl pressed her gun farther into my head.

  "So, where we're you guys intending to go?" Beige asked. Ashley squirmed.

  "Why do you care?" Nile muttered. He was still on the ground. There was blood running down the side of his head.

  "I was just asking, no need to get sour about it," Beige said, shrugging.

  "Just let us go. You'll never have to see us again," Trent said. Beige seemed to consider it for a moment than nodded and pushed Ashley over to Trent.

  "Fine. Get out of here," Beige grumbled. Nile stood up and I was about to but the girl kicked me.

  "We can't let her go. I need her, remember?" The girl said. I looked up at her and gave her a killer glare.

  "Just let her go. I'm sure we will stumble upon her again," Beige said. The girl made an angry noise and smacked me with the butt of the gun. I glared at her again and stood up.

  "Get out of here. Now," Beige said. I glared at both him and the girl and walked towards the end of town. Nile fell into step besides me and Trent, Ashley, and Van were behind me. I studied the horizon and just kept walking. I was a girl on a mission and I wasn't about to let anything stop me.

-----

A/N

So guys that girl? Remember her, she will be really important soon. Also don't forget about Beige. Those two play a crucial part later. How do you like the way Astrix and the rest of the gang toughened up? They may seem like bitches right now but hush. I have this under control for once.

READ THIS IT'S IMPORTANT!! What do you guys think of a sequel??? If you guys want a sequel then I have the name and I think I have a good idea of what's gonna happen. But your choice!

This is also important!! So when do you guys want me to post my new story? I have two that are ready to be published for the first chapter. So you choose one. Zombie apocalypse from my view OR a book about actual normalish teenagers?

So! Read on, comment on, vote on, fan on, and FEEDBACK ON!!! Love you guys!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230 2 3
•Zombie Sci-Fi, Erotica, And Romance• The world is nearly gone and ripped to shreds all thanks to the government. What the hell did they do? I really...
133 24 6
The world ended long ago, riddled with plague and zombies and destruction. But humanity survived, and humanity evolved. The Infection that helped bri...
1.7K 152 37
(Art by me. Took me a while to do this. So this is the new book cover :3) Humanity has always been curious creations that never learnt quickly from t...
185 2 17
After the world begins to become corrupt, Beatrix and her Mom are left to their own resources after Beatrix's father and brother die. The world is sp...