Crossing Enemy Lines

By lala_cutiepie273

Saphire and Gabriel have always been at one another's throats since day one. They've argued a lot and the rea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Science Class
Chapter 3: Tennis Buddies (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 4: Early Awakenings
Chapter 5: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 6: Let's play Pt. 1 (Saphire's POV)
Chapter 6: Let's Play Pt. 2 (Scarlette's POV)
Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One
Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)
Chapter 9- The Morning After
Chapter 10: Alone...With Him (Pic Of Saphire)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt.2 James POV (Pic of James)
Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)
Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 15: All by myself... Not!
Chapter 16: Gabriel vs. Drey (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 11- Prep-Rally (Gabriel's POV)(Pic of Gabriel)

521 13 6
By lala_cutiepie273

~*~…sorry for the long wait but, I was really tired and I’m on vacation so there’s little internet use forgive me… also this chapter has a picture of Gabriel. Hope you enjoy!!!~*~

Chapter 11- Prep- Rally (Gabriel’s POV)

Ever since the locker incident about a week ago Saphire’s been having these nightmares. She’s been screaming and crying in her sleep, and when she’d wake up she’d continue to cry. I kind of enjoy it because it gives me an excuse to cuddle with her, but it also upsets me knowing that she’s hurting and there’s nothing that I can do about it. Why would anyone want to hurt Saphire she’s just the sweetest and prettiest girl ever. Maybe today’s Prep Rally will be just what she needs. I always get excited for these kinds of things maybe she’ll be to.

“Gabriel what are you doing”, I heard Saphire ask. I forgot that she was here at the moment.

“Nothing”, I said oh so suspiciously.

“Really, because it seems as though you were ‘dancing’ ”, she laughed.

“Maybe I was, maybe I wasn’t. I’ll never tell.”

 “I take it that we’re going to the Prep Rally today?”

“And you would be right.”

“Do I have a choice on whether I’m going or not?”

“Nope none at all, you’ve been crammed up in this room all week it’s time to go out and have some fun.”

 “Fine.” When she said that the biggest smile came across my face.

“Now go get dressed in bright and happy colors Saphire.”

“Dude it’s only noon, the Prep Rally starts at 7.”

 “Oh yeah.”

“You know that most of their activities happen at night. Damn vampires. I mean who has a Prep Rally at night.”

“Oh yeah I forgot about that. What kind of vampires like Twilight vampires?”

“Dude Twilight doesn’t have Vampires they have glittering fairy princesses.”

 “Whatever that just makes Alice even hotter.”

“You are such a jackass.”

“And you’re a bitch.”

 “And you know it.”

 “Oh my gosh you are so weird.”  I can’t believe how well she and I have been getting along lately. Maybe she finally forgave me for whatever it was that I did. I mean we’re actually friends now. And I don’t mean to brag but uh, I did save her life. Holler!

“Hey Gabriel, you want to watch some T.V.”

“Sure, why not?”

 “Why not! I’ll tell you why not, because TV is a part of a conspiracy to take over the world. Why do you think everyone watches it? They’re being brainwashed and once you start you can’t stop!”

“I can’t believe in less than a minute you managed to get even weirder.”

 “And that my friend is why you love me. You want anything to eat?”

 “Sure, but I’m afraid to ask why not though.”

“Whatever.” She walked over to the kitchen to look for something for us to eat. And I can’t believe that until a while ago I didn’t realize that our room looks a lot like an apartment. Then all of a sudden my brain went back to Saphire’s comment. ‘And that my friend is why you love me.’ If only she knew how much I really do love her then my life would be so much easier. I mean if she knew then we would be able to do all kinds of cool stuff if she feels the same way, which I highly doubt because now I’m in the friend zone. And like they say in that song the friend zone is like the mafia you’ll never get out. If only Saphire and I could be like how she is with James. Like the way she always lie down in his lap when they watch TV.

“I wasn’t in the mood to cook so were having popcorn.”

“So early?”

“Yep.” And as though she read my previous thought she came to lie on my lap. I couldn’t help but smile when she looked up at me with her beautiful big green eyes. Ok Gabriel snap out of it. We’re just friends and you won’t ruin that because of a stupid crush. I may get over it soon.

“I’m so glad you’re here Gabriel; you’re like the gay friend I always wanted but you’re straight. We could look past that though.” Like I said the friend zone is like the mafia you’ll never get out. This is like that YouTube video by yourfavoritemartian, Friend Zone. Oh well I’ll just have to enjoy it and pray 60 years from now I’m not still in the friend zone.

“Hey Saphire when we first meet why did you hate me?”

“Ah I didn’t hate you. I don’t hate anyone; I dislike, strongly dislike, or terribly dislike a person.”

“So which one was it then.”

“Eh…. I would have to say strongly dislike.”

“But why is my question.”

I heard her sigh before she started to talk, “well because there was a day you dumped your lunch on me and continuously laugh instead of apologizing. I felt so embarrassed to the point that I cried. In my room though. Also I thought you were a complete douche bag; mostly because every time I saw you, you were making out with a different girl.”

“Wait that was you?! Saphire I’m so sorry, I had no idea, and it isn’t my fault I got game.”

“Got game? Dude you shouldn’t even consider yourself a player.”

“Oh ok I guess I deserve that. But that was a little harsh.”

“Ooh what you need some ice for that burn.”

“Did you really just say that? Anyways come on its time to start getting ready for the prep rally!!”

“Again you’re a jackass”

“And you know it.”

“Hey don’t be using my line.”

“Whatever just go and get ready.” I smiled as she got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “What was that for?”

“For being here for me, thank you.”

“You’re welcome?”

With that she walked off. Wow, just got one step closer to my goal, take that friend zone! That just got me even more pumped up for the prep rally. Anyways time to find something to wear. What to wear, what to wear? Ok our mascot is a falcon; so I’ll wear colors that represent it. Like yellow, red (a substitution for brown because I have none), some orange, black, and that’s it I guess. Now how do I put all of this together without looking like a complete moron?

Ok I’ll start with the official school shirt which is red with yellow writing that says: ‘Falcons’ to the top a picture with a picture of a falcon head in brown and to the bottom in yellow again the words ‘the best just got better.’ Then I put on my black Dickies pants, and my converse, but since I don’t like this outfit I’m switching. So now I’m wearing a black V-neck t-shirt with a red plaid button down shirt which I left unbuttoned. Now should I wear my black jeans pants or stay with the dickies. Jeans!! Now for the kicks! I open up my closet ad look at the wide variety of sneakers. It took a while but I came to wear my red Nikes with the black check. Now you know your boy swaging, got that beastly swag.

I went out to the main room to wait for Saphire. Seconds later she came out and I was amazed. She was wearing this short red and black cheerleader skirt with this belly-out black V-neck (that was exposing a little too much but I wasn’t complaining) and some red boots. Her hair was in pigtails with a bang. To me her red hair is one of her best features. She also had red and black pom-poms to go along with her outfit and big hoop earrings. Well hello Goth princess. Didn’t I tell her happy colors?

“So what happened to the happy colors,” I asked.

You’re not really wearing the preppiest colors either, and why do you feel like you have to wear the same colors as I am?”

“Because I’m rocking this look, scratch that I invented it.”

“Ha well guess what? I perfected it,” she laughed.

“Come on lets go. The prep rally waits,” I said all gentleman like reaching out for her hand.

“Well you’re very polite.”

“Eh, what can I say?” She grabbed my hand and I escorted her to the prep rally. We had arrived just in time; the band, dancers, cheerleaders, and flag team was just about to perform. We stood there watching them while laughing and having a good time. All of a sudden Saphire said, “I’ll be back.” And she left, but where was she going?

A few seconds later I saw her on the court with the dancers. She was doing the same dance as them but with more style. I wonder why she isn’t on the dance line. Saphire seemed to be having a lot of fun. “Woo!! Yeah, go Saphire,” I started to scream. Obviously hearing me she started to laugh. Then the football team came out. One of the players, who I believe his name is Josh, picked up Saphire and placed her on his shoulder. “We are the falcons we fly so high!! There is no doubt we’ll touch the sky. We are better than all the rest. Because guess what? Falcons are the best!!” she screamed. When she was done the entire gym went wild. Did she just make that up on spot?

Anyways at least she’s having fun. I saw her waving her hand at me motioning for me to come to her. So I went to her. As I approached her she jumped off of Josh’s shoulder and gave him a hug. Then she ran towards me leaping into my arms. I picked her up and spun her around. We stood there laughing. After a while everyone came down from the bleachers and joined us on the court. Everyone was just dancing.  It was wild; we should do this more often. Then I noticed that Saphire was missing. The place was packed so she couldn’t get that far, but that’s why it was hard to find her. From the corner of my eye I noticed her red hair. She was sitting in a far corner of the gym hugging her knees tightly and with her head down. I rushed over to her and as I got closer to her I slowed down. She seemed to be breathing heavily. I went to go sit next to her. We just sat there for a while just me and her.

“Saphire,” I asked with worry seeping into my voice. She looked over at me and her face was almost as red as her hair.

“Things got a little too crowded for me.” Then I wrapped my arm around her neck and looked her in the eye.

“You want to go?”

“Yeah.” I got up and picked her up. She’s a lot lighter than I thought. I cradled her in my arm trying to comfort her.

 “Gabriel can we go out to eat, I am starving.”

“Sure, where do you want to go?”

“Sonic.”

“Really, why?”

“You really want to know why,” she asked raising an eyebrow.

“Good point don’t bother,” I said as I remembered the last time I asked that question even though it was rhetorical at that time.

“I like you,” I heard her say.

Wait what…., “what did you just say?”

“I don’t know what did I say?”  She can be so stubborn.

“You said you liked me,” I stated.

“Ok so if you heard what I said why did you ask?”

“Because I wanted to make sure I heard right. Whose car are we going in,” I asked successfully changing the subject.

“Umm, my Benz.”

“You have a Benz.” Why does this not surprise me?

“Yeah but it’s not a big deal.”

“Whatever Saphire.” When we reached her car I reluctantly placed her down and she gave me the key. I stood and watched the Benz for a few minutes while Saphire was waiting in the car. After a while I got in the car. I noticed that she was still curling up and shivering. “So you said you like me?”

“Why is it so hard to believe?”

“I don’t know.”

“You’re my friend of course I like you.” And the friend zone strikes back again. In a few minutes we arrived at Sonic.

“So do you want to go in or drive through,” I asked Saphire.

She watched me kind of weird before finally blurting out, “Listen, people deserve to see me in this outfit, we’re going in!” I just laughed she is so weird. So we went inside, ordered, and then sat down to eat. I started to look at her.

“What?” she asked suspiciously.

“Nothing.”

“Then why are you just watching me and smiling?”

“No reason?”

“Ok?”

“Saphire I have a question?”

“Yeah. Ask away.”

“How do you put up with Scarlette?”

“Huh?”

“Scarlette how do you deal with her?”

“Oh, it’s a skill. You just have to get used to her.”

“I mean she’s cute and all, but she’s just so rude, and conceited. Don’t get me wrong she has nice grades and on the outside she may seem like the complete package, but her personality is really ugly. She is such a…a…a bitch.” She laughed at the last sentence, then looked at me and smiled.

 Why was this funny to her when she finally stopped laughing she said, “Yeah she is, but she’s also a self-centered brat who believes she’s queen of the world let’s not forget her most important role: she’s my best friend. You have to try to understand, when we were growing up the kids were really mean especially to her for personal reasons you’ll have to ask her about, so she changed her attitude. She started living by this motto: If you don’t show any weaknesses then they’ll have nothing to feed on. Sometimes she forgets who she’s with; it’s just really hard for her to let people in. She’s the reason I’m so outspoken and not afraid to be me, even though the real me is weird, crazy, embarrassing, insecure, and emotionally damaged... She’s really nice, and extremely funny when you get to know her you just have to give her time and let’s not forget if it wasn’t for her I would still be a spoiled little army brat, whose daddy gets her anything she wants.”

“Umm, Saphire you are still a spoiled little army brat whose daddy gets her anything he wants.”

“You just couldn’t let me have this one moment could you? You see this is why Scar’s my best friend, she gives me my moments.”

“Sorry, I guess just telling the truth.” Saphire was watching me weirdly again.  “You know I don’t think you’re crazy, or embarrassing, weird yes, but the other two no. You’re pretty cool. I’m not too sure about insecure and emotionally damaged. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying you aren’t.  I’m just saying that I wouldn’t know.”

Saphire had an unreadable expression on her face now. “Thanks. You ready to go?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Give me the keys I want to drive my own car for once.” I handed her the keys and we started to head toward the car. When we reached the highway Saphire was speeding so fast I could’ve barely move. All Saphire was doing was laughing like a damn maniac. OK so maybe she is crazy. In little to no time at all we were back on campus. Saphire jumped out of the car, I on the other hand had to relax for a while before I could try to walk. By the time I got out of the car Saphire was already in the room. As I reached the room I began to say, “Saphire what the hell was that. I can see why nobody lets you dr…” when I walked in the room it was completely trashed. Saphire was just in the middle of it all looking shocked. “What happened in here?”

“I-I don’t know. When I came the door was wide open and everything was just everywhere.” I looked around at the totally destroyed room. Then from the corner of my eye I saw a piece of paper on the dresser. It said: Hey little army brat I see that you’re still alive after that little locker accident. I was pretty sure you were going to die, but oh well.  This changes nothing; all this means is that you have postponed our little date. It gives me more time to torture you. Oh and since Gabriel wants to be your superman I’ll have to kill him too and anyone else that wants to get involved.

Tata for now.

Seriously?!? Who’s the sociopath that did this? “What’s that?” Saphire asked curiously.

“Oh its nothing.”

“Then let me see it.” I handed it to her, and then watched her face for an expression. She gasped and put her hand to her mouth, “This penmanship is hi-de-ous. I mean seriously how do they expect me to understand this?”

“Really that’s what you’re worried about. Read the damn letter!” finally she read it and did the same thing again.

“Who the hell is this bitch?”

“You mean you don’t know?”

“No clue, you?”

“It’s mainly you she’s after.”

Saphire seemed to be deep in thought, then said, “nope no idea.” Just when she was getting over that whole locker thing now this.

 “We should get some sleep. We’ll deal with this in the morning.”

“Ok, but whatever happens we can’t tell Jay-Jay and Scar. It’s bad enough I got you dragged into this I don’t want to put anyone else in danger.”

“Alright no problem. Hey don’t beat yourself up because of this ok. None of this is your fault.”

“Alright. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” Now I know for sure someone’s after Saphire, but who and why. I highly doubt that Saphire did anything that bad in her past that someone would want to kill her because of it. All I know is now we have to be prepared for anything. And I swear of it kills me I will defend Saphire at all costs. This thing whatever it is has only just begun.

~*~oh I know in the chapters before I said that Saphire learned how to stand up for herself from the Main Three but they only taught her comebacks Scarlette taught her everything else. This is the end of a new chapter. I hope it was worth the wait sorry again for that. I love you all, my silent readers, voters, commenters, and all of the above thank you for all your support~*~

Please:

Vote

Comment

Fan

Stay cool!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.5K 38
"Do you ever wonder what other people are doing currently, like someone could have won the lottery, someone could be having their last breath. It's m...
33.3K 778 43
He'll Never Forget the look on her face and she'll never forget her first heartache. But when life throws them back into each other's lives. It will...
36.7K 1.8K 63
Gabriel and Gyan were college sweethearts, and they thought they had found the love of their lives. Then Gabriel got an opportunity in Australia, and...
252K 8.6K 32
Two lives tied together by marriage now they have to adjust with each other. Let's see how their life is with ups and downs, and understanding each...