Lucius

By ShelbyWinds

Lucius doesn't like other supernaturals in his territory. All supernaturals either work for him or ask for h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Epilogue

34

1.5K 97 37
By ShelbyWinds

Later that night, the two are alone at the estate, stargazing and holding hands. Faline admires the look of the ring. "How did you know what size to get?"

Lucius smirks, "I stole one of your rings and took it with me when I went ring shopping. If you don't like the ring we can exchange it."

Faline glares at him, "Don't you dare! I love it." She settles in next to him and he pulls her close keeping his arm around her.

"Lucius, what are you going to do about the wives and children of the traitors?" Faline asks hesitantly. She is good friends with all of them and doesn't want them hurt.

Lucius sighs, "What do you want done with them? Their mates betrayed you as much as they did me. I know Kale's betrayal hurt you terribly."

"Yes, but I don't think their mates and children should suffer for it. Please give them the same package you gave the families of the other guards that didn't betray you."

"Faline, I can't do that. That would be dishonoring the memory of those that remained true." Lucius tries to get her to understand.

"They didn't chose to have their mates and father's betray you," Faline says now in tears.

Lucius sighs, he knew this would come up.

"I can't give them the same package, but how about you give me an alternative that would satisfy you?"

"Very well," Faline has thought about this a great deal and already has something for Lucius. She knew that he couldn't give them the full benefits. "Take the children on as wards, not full time like you did me, more like you would be a benefactor for school and things that they will need. Give the females jobs or help them find jobs and pay for the daycare. At least until they find someone else to be with or the children leave home."

The mates and children of the traitors, those old enough, understand that their mate/father turned traitor. They understand what they did means that they will be executed and they accept this. They don't have much hope of escaping Lucius's wrath as well.

"Benefactor, huh?" Lucius likes the idea. It won't be hard to find jobs for the females, either his companies or others will easily find space for them. Taking care of the needs of the children shouldn't prove too burdensome. He likes the idea. Especially since those guards had until this time given him many years of loyal service. He just doesn't understand why they suddenly changed.

"I like it, Faline. I'll let the families know tomorrow." Lucius tells her looking down at her smiling face.

"Thank you, Lucius," Faline kisses him.

"Now about the wedding," Lucius says after they kiss for awhile.

"Hmm, what about it?"

"When would you like it?"

"Whenever you do. I only care that the human females know that you are off limits. You will wear a wedding ring." Faline tells him and there is no room for him to argue against it.

Lucius smiles, "I like this jealous side, love. Of course I'll wear it. I can't expect you to wear one and not do the same.

"Would you like a big wedding or a small one?"

"It will have to be big won't it? Between all your business contacts, our pack and the other supers that will need to be invited, it will end up a circus."

"We could elope," Lucius suggests whispering in her ear.

Faline snorts. "The head of the vampire council wants to marry me and then make it an elopement instead of a wedding? Not going to happen. I'll meet with a wedding planner tomorrow. You are free for the morning so you can tag along."

Lucius has a feeling that the tag along was nonnegotiable. "Very well. There is one more thing you should know." Lucius tells her and sets her up so she is facing him.

"I've been doing some research on both our family lines."

Faline looks at him in confusion, "And?"

"Well it seems that since we are both pure line of the first supers that we might be able to have children." Lucius tells her and holds back his amusement at her stunned expression.

"That's not possible."

"When the moon goddess created the first vampire, it was male. Then she created the first werewolf, it was female. There were no other supers and they found that they were mates. The female had children, many in fact. All the female children were wolves and all the male children were vampires.

"Among their children there were mates. Some paired up with their siblings others found mates with humans.

"The ones that had sibling mates eventually had both male and female wolves and vampires, hence the lines remained pure. The ones outside of the pure lines sometimes mated with the pure lines until only one pure line of wolf and one of vampire remained.

"If the pure line mated with a wolf or vampire outside of the pure line, and a different species no child resulted. The same with a wolf/vampire pairing where both are impure lines. But all vampire/wolf matings with the pure line would in fact have children."

"We won't be the last of the pure bloods then?" Faline asks excitement glowing on her face.

Lucius shrugs, "If we are able to have children then we won't be the last, but our children might, unless they too are mated. There is no surety that our lines will continue."

"But there is the possibility right?" Faline says tears starting to fall.

"What is it, Faline?" Lucius is sure that there is more to her question then he understands.

"I've been getting sick, Lucius. Usually while you are at work. I didn't want to say anything to you because I didn't want to worry you. Wolves don't get sick easily, it has to be something deadly, or for females, if she's pregnant.

"I was worried, since I didn't think I could get pregnant."

"You thought you might be seriously ill?" Lucius tenses up. "I don't have a lot of healing ability other than my blood, but let me check."

Faline sits on his lap and he sets his hand on her abdomen. He feels the tiny life force in her.

Lucius has a hard time holding back his tears and his smile, "Love, you're pregnant." With those words tears leak from his eyes.

"You know it's yours right?" Faline wants his reassurance on that.

"Of course. You would never cheat on me. If either of us were to cheat, it would be me and I couldn't do that to you. I've caused you too much pain already."

"We're going to be parents. Oh, my hell, how-" Faline's happiness turns to horror as she realizes that she doesn't have a clue on how to become a mother. Lucius kisses her to stop her words.

"We'll figure it out together. No need to worry. But with this I think we better have the wedding sooner rather than later." Faline nods still shaken by the information given that night.

"Lucius, both Quinlin and Sharee are the last of their bloodline. There is no hope for them for children?"

"Perhaps, with the help of a witch they might have children. We'll have to talk to Tina. She might not be strong enough."

Faline looks at Lucius confused. He explains, "Vampires have high resistance to spells. Tina specializes in protection/defense spells, that was why she was able to do such spells in our protection. That witch that enspelled me specialized in sex spells/seduction. She should have stuck with love potions.

"Tina might not have the strength in love spells or life spells to allow them to get pregnant and if she can it will be very expensive."

"So they might not be able to afford it?"

"If they want it and Tina can perform it, I'll pay for the spell as a gift for their wedding."

Indeed once the council okayed their pairing Quinlin asked Sharee to marry him. They are still staying with Lucius and Faline because they won't be accepted by any other pack and Sharee is still nervous to be without protection. Although she has taken control of her father's holdings. 

She had great joy in telling her mother that she was now on a spending limit. She did allow her mother to stay in the house though and will continue to allow her that and pay for it's upkeep as long as her mother behaves herself.

Her mother was less than pleased, but when she found out the alternative she swallowed her angry words and acquiesced. She was a bit more mollified when she found out that she was now free to pursue her own life.

"I think Sharee's mother found her mate," Faline says suddenly in the silence that had fallen.

Lucius is amused, "What makes you think that?"

"I saw her the other day and she had a happy look on her face, like she was dreaming or reliving a happy memory. I've only seen that look on the faces of mates."

Lucius laughs out loud with that one. "Well, I'm sure that Sharee will be happy about that." They both chuckle at the thought of Lady Nastergal finding love. She is one of the biggest vampire bitches there is.

"We can only hope it is true." Faline says and snuggles up to Lucius.

A/N

So ends the story of Lucius and Faline. I will only do an epilogue if I have enough people request it. I hope you enjoyed the story. I've never written a story about werewolves before, although I am currently writing another one. Hopefully I'll be able to finish that one as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 665 30
This story follows a 16 year old girl with a dark past and a unsettling secret, she has an extraordinary gift and many troubles that follow her, will...
230K 10.2K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...
1.9K 59 24
An eighteen year old boy named George thought he was normal, until his mother told him he was a werewolf. He meets new people along the way and later...