Lucius

Por ShelbyWinds

Lucius doesn't like other supernaturals in his territory. All supernaturals either work for him or ask for h... Más

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
Epilogue

33

1.2K 88 20
Por ShelbyWinds

His standing up draws the attention of almost all the council members. Lord Darin being the only one consumed with something else. That changes when the door bangs open and Lucius's men come in with their gifts.

"What is the meaning of this!" Nastergal is the first to recover.

"Why are there mutts allowed in here?" Darin demands as he sees the people bringing in the boxes.

"Why they are here because they are bringing you all gifts." The guards set the boxes in front of each of the council members.

Hesitantly first one then all of them open the box. They all remember the last time Lucius had come willingly to a council meeting.

"I will only return when You  have taken off the corrupt members from this council. I will return when I have proof and then I will bring you gifts. The same kind of gifts I had when I came home to find my family slaughtered and my home burned."

Lucius's vow rings in their ears right then.

As the box's are opened the smell of blood wafts out among those in the room. Suddenly flames engulf the contents of the boxes, causing many to jump back in fear. Fire is deadly to vampires, even more than others.

"Lord Lucius, what is the meaning of this?" The head councilman demands.

"I warned you and you didn't listen. I was given leave to have my mate and not be molested. This is just a small portion of the army that was sent against us a few days ago. The rest of them are out in the courtyard waiting for their turn to be burned.

"By your words, the one that sent them has broken a council edict and must therefor be punished."

The council head looks thoughtfully at Lucius, "You know who that person is and have proof?"

Lucius smiles, eyes glittering with malice and his smile as evil as any have seen it. "Oh, I do indeed."

Sharee stands up and opening her box goes forward. "The papers Lady Sharee is handing out details proof of not just the action taken against me, but many misdeeds the perpetrator has done. Among those are the working with rogue wolves to destroy and enslave other wolves, including my mates pack and my mate. It also details the events orchestrated by him to destroy my family. And of course the events that happened just a few days ago."

Faline is by now at his side setting her hand on his face to help him calm down.

"You will find the pertinent information about the attack against us on page ten." Faline tells the council as Lucius is still fighting for control over his killer instincts.

Darin scoffs, "What a bunch of lies and whoopla."

"I have a witch willing to show you the happenings," Lucius manages to say through clenched teeth.

That is Tina's signal to begin.

The most damning piece of all is where the witch tells Faline who and why she was sent there. As well as the traitor guards.

There is no doubt as to the guilt of Lord Darin.

Darin loses his control and goes to attack. Lucius smiles, that's exactly what he'd hoped would happen. Faline steps away and allows Lucius room to deal with the vampire.

It turns out that he's not the only one. Nastergal also attacks. He can't reach his daughter but Faline is available.

Now Faline smiles. She had hoped but didn't expect someone to be stupid enough to attack her. Before Nastergal reaches her she is her wolf self. Star easily manages to evade the enraged vampire. He is nowhere near the level of Lucius.

'Sharee?' Faline needs to know if she has permission to kill the girls father.

'Yes, if you don't Lucius will. You will be far more lenient than he will.'

With those words Faline rips off Nastergal's head.

Lucius stops toying with Darin and does the same. They both stand there waiting for the council to react. There is a good chance that they will have to kill all council members to get out of there.

The other three silently prepare to fight.

"Where did you get these papers, Lord Lucius?" Finally one of the council heads speaks.

"Lady Sharee brought them to me when she came to me for sanctuary. She didn't want to marry Lord Darin, she wanted to be with her mate, the wolf that's by her side."

The council member sits up far more interested now, "And just who is the wolf that could capture a daughter of a council member?"

"My ex mate Quinlin Masters, son of the beta of the pack that helped teach me." Faline says hiding her smirk at the council's dismay. He wasn't even ranked although his father was highly ranked. But what caused the most commotion was the fact that he was Faline's ex mate.

"Why did you go to Lucius, Lady Sharee?" Another council member asks.

"My father wanted me to marry that pig traitor. There was no way he'd let me be with my chosen mate."

This definitely grabs the attention of them all. "What do you mean chosen mate? He isn't your natural mate?"

Lady Sharee has a decided mischievous smile when she replies, "No, Lord Lucius was my natural mate and he rejected me for Lady Faline. I ran into Quinlin at the party that was held in their honor. There we talked and afterwards continued to meet.

"Knowing that it was highly unlikely to find favor with the wolves and knowing there was no way in hell my father would permit it, we went to Lord Lucius for protection. He helped us gain the approval of the wolf council."

"And do you not wish the approval of this council as well?" The council head asks finding this story more twisted and enjoyable than any he's heard in some time.

"Yes, it would make life much easier, but until today I knew there was no chance."

"And now?"

"Well, Lord Davison, that will depend on you and the others."

"Hmm, well you are partially correct. With your father's sudden demise you are now on the council. Lord Lucius the most corrupt of the council members are now dead and with evidence against them Lord Darin's title is revoked. I give Lord Nastergal's title to Lady Sharee and ask her to take her seat. Will you also now take yours?"

"Are you that ready to give up your power uncle?"

"This was never my seat, Lucius. This place belonged to your father. Thank you for clearing his name and dealing with the traitors." Lucius nods his head in acknowledgement.

"I would ask that you appoint Lord Darin's nephew in that vacancy and you take your rightful spot uncle." Lucius says smiling. He turns to Faline and gives her a kiss.

"So it is ordered. The council will look over the papers of evidence and deal with those still at large. Lady Sharee, you are hereby granted all rights to your title, including the lands and possessions that were your father's. Deal with your mother how you will.

"Lord Lucius will now take the head of the council as is his birthright." With that both Sharee and Lucius ascend to the front of the room and to the stage that was set up for the council.

Lucius and Sharee take their places and then Lucius ends the meeting telling everyone to meet outside in the courtyard for the bonfire.

Faline looks at him with happiness. Lucius finally looks at peace.

Lucius catches her eyes and gives her a lovely smile. He goes down and escorts her to the bonfire.

As Tina lights the bodies on fire, Lucius gets down on one knee, "I know that I've messed up. I'm an old ornery vampire and you deserve far better than me. I know that we are true mates and all the supers will know as well, but I want the humans to know that I love you and that you are more than just a girlfriend.

"Faline Wolfgang, will you marry me?" Lucius says holding out the small box he's been carrying with him for over a month now.

Faline puts her hands up over her face in shock then jumps into his arms. "Yes!"

Lucius peels her off him just long enough to place the ring on her finger.

"Now that I've answered you question Lucius, will you answer mine?"

"Yes," Lucius says cautiously. Faline has never been hesitant to ask him questions before.

"Just how old are you?"

Lucius smiles, "I was just over a hundred years old when my parents were killed. That was almost a century ago. My two hundredth birthday will be next week."

"My I'm marrying an old man." Faline teases him with a wicked glint in her eye.

"Yes, but you love me anyway." Lucius says pulling her close to him once more.

'Of course I do.'

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

808K 34.5K 54
**In the process of being edited** Some wolves are born rogues but still maintain their human side while others are made into rogues, they lose all h...
19.8K 418 22
Jamie is stressing out about her parents divorce,her grades, and not to mention the emotional and physical bullying at school. After her mother goes...
1M 53K 22
I was supposed to die when I was five but when my parents gave me the chance to run, I took it. I didn't understand much at the time except that I...
18.2K 665 30
This story follows a 16 year old girl with a dark past and a unsettling secret, she has an extraordinary gift and many troubles that follow her, will...