Mari (Soul Eater)

By Writer-Chann

Mari was five when her mom died, after, her dad becoming an alcoholic and locking her in their house after th... More

Mari
Part two
Part Three
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Ninteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty-One
Part Twenty-two
Part Twenty-Three
Part Twenty-Four
Part Twenty-Five
Part Twenty-Six
Part Twenty-Seven
Part Twenty-Eight
Part Twenty-Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty-One
Part Thirty-Two
Part Thirty-Three
Part Thirty-Four
Part Thirty-Five
Part Thirty-Six
Part Thirty-Seven
Part Thirty-Eight
Part Thirty-Nine
Part Forty
Part Forty-One
Part Forty-Two
Part Forty-Three
Part Forty-Four
Part Forty-Five
Part Forty-Six
Part Forty-Seven
Part Forty-Eight
Part Forty-Nine
Part Fifty
Part Fifty-One
Part Fifty-Two
Part Fifty-Three
Part Fifty-Four
Part Fifty-Five

Part Four

414 19 1
By Writer-Chann

                  A/N: 

The little voice in my head named Joey: You really need to write more Of your Mari thing Azure.

Me/Mari: I KNOW! I JUST CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING! HOW DO I BRING IN MY MEISTER!

                [just by the way, my meister is my friend Emma, her name is Amme, Emma spelled backwards. @emma.thalia ((Instagram)) I'm still convincing her to get a Wattpad.

Soft fingers slipped a blindfold over her eyes and the world went into darkness. She was sitting on a chair made out of wood and her back was pressed against the back so she could feel the sharp needles poking into her skin.

                  She heard someone start to beg. It was Maka. “Please!” She said. There was a gunshot and a thump as a body hit the ground. She heard Soul and her other friends start to yell with despair and anger as Mari realized someone had killed Maka… Killed Maka? There were five more gunshots and there was the sound as bodies hit the ground. There was only one of her friends left. She wanted to scream, but her voice wouldn’t work.

                  “Mari?” A voice said. It was Kidd. “Mari? Why would you tell him where we were? I thought you were our-“ There was one last gunshot and Kidd’s voice was gone.

                  She heard sounds that sounded like tearing flesh and slurping. Her body was shaking. The same soft hands took the blindfold away from her eyes and she wished the person hadn’t. All of her friends were torn to sheds on the ground, their faces scared and frozen with death. Kidd was missing.

                  “Why Mari?” Kidd said from behind her. She turned and saw Kidd, one of his eyes torn out, a giant hole in his stomach.

                  “Kidd…” She whispered her voice working again.

                  He tilted his head. “I thought I loved you maybe…” Bloody dog teeth clamped over Kidd’s head and tore it away from his body. Wet blood streaked onto Mari’s cheeks and she couldn’t move as she saw the dog thing again.

                  It grinned with its sharp teeth and tilted its head. “I…ki…ru?” It asked just like it had done before. Black started pushing into her vision. “I’ll… be… back…” it growled.

                  She cried out and sat up. She put a hand to her chest and felt her heart beating fast. She closed her eyes and breathed. “It’s okay.” She said to herself. “Just a dream.” She looked at the clock next to her bed. It said 4:56am and Mari sighed. She may as well get up.

She slipped her legs out of bed and stood, swaying a little as she got a head rush. “Ow.” She said. She opened her door and looked out into the dark hallway. She walked across it and opened the bathroom. She locked the door and slipped out of her night gown and turned on the shower. The waited a minute,then stepped into the warm water. She quickly washed her hair and washed her body, then got out. She dried her long blue hair, brushing it out a little.

She wrapped the towel around herself and dashed across the hall back to her room. She glanced at the clock and saw that ten minutes had gone by. She walked into the huge walk-in closet and looked at all of the clothing Liz and Patty had given her. There was still some of her old clothing but she hadn’t had much to begin with. Her mouth actually opened and it hung there for a moment while she looked at the familiar and unfamiliar clothing. There was so much clothing shoes and just… stuff.

She started digging through the hangers and found a back v neck long-sleeved shirt she liked and a pair of blue jeans. She found a pair of knee-high black leather boots with straps all over them. She grabbed one of her bras and a pair of underwear, picking up a pair of white sock out of a little bin by the door.

She put all the clothing on then grabbed a brush and two ribbons. She tied her hair up with the red ribbons into the side of her head, fiddling with them until they were the same height and had the same amount of hair on each side. She liked symmetry but she wasn’t like Kidd. She looked at herself in a big mirror. She looked a little older than a few weeks ago. She grabbed her school bag, taking one last look at the clock. 5:32am. She sighed. She may as well go downstairs.

She walked down the steps into the big kitchen. She looked around, wondering if no one would mind if she cooked something. She set her bag down and looked around for an apron. She found one and put it over her clothing. She slipped her phone out of her bag and looked for a simple pancake recipe. She found one and started pulling out ingredients. There seemed to be an endless amount of food in the refrigerator and cabinets. Of cores, everything was labeled thanks to Kidd. She found a big skillet and started heating it up and slathering butter all over it.

She poured the batter she had made into big circles and counted thirty blueberries into each pancake. She flipped them and made a big stack, realizing she had made way to many pancakes. She shrugged. She could eat seven pancakes at once.

She sliced strawberries and put them into a bowl, tossing them with sugar. She found some orange juice and set all of the food along with some plates, forks and cups out onto the big table in the room next to the kitchen witch was probably the dining room. She took off the apron and hung it on a hook by the door. She grabbed a towel and put it over the pancakes to keep them warm. She started running up the stairs to Liz and Patty’s room. She opened the door and flipped on the light.

“HEEEEY!” She said to the two who were sleeping even though they had to leave for school in an hour or so.

“Ughhmmm…” Liz said while pulling the sheets over her face. “Turn off the light!”

“Nope!” Mari said while walking over and ripping the blankets off her bed.

Liz got up grumbling. “Fine…” She looked at Mari. “You’re already dressed?”

Mari nodded. “And I cooked you food, so go eat it while it’s hot.”

Liz walked over to Patty’s bed pulled her out of it by one of her arms. “Patty,” She said sweetly. “Mari cooked us breakfast.”

Patty’s head popped up. “She can stay.” She said.

Mari walked out, shutting the door. She walked a few more doors down and slowly opened Kidd’s door. “Kidd?” She whispered into the dark. She heard a muffled grunt and some sheets shuffling around. “Kidd~” She said again. She walked in and turned on a lamp.

He squeezed his eyes shut tightly. “Sleepy…” He said.

Mari shook him. “Come on! I made pancakes!”

Kidd sat up, sniffing the air. “Are they round?” He asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

“Yeeeess…” Mari said, smiling as he got up. He was wearing plain black sleeping shorts and a black t-shirt. He was about to walk out when Mari stopped him. “Wait!” She said.

He stopped, looking at her, still rubbing his eyes. “Hmm?” He was till half asleep.

She grabbed a random brush off a table. Her chest fluttered a little as she parted his hair down the center. He looked at her. “Thanks…” He said. Her cheeks heated up. She pulled him outside into the hall and down the steps into the dining room where Liz and Patty were eating pancakes happily.

“Yummy!” Liz said, eating a strawberry. Patty was too busy eating pancakes to notice Kidd and Mari.

Kidd and Mari sat down and started eating. Kidd stared at his pancake. “Round…” He said. His eyes twinkled. “Round…” He said again.

After they all finished eating, Mari waited as they got dressed and then they all started walking to school. “I can’t believe we got up so late.” Kidd said. “We’re not going to be early you guys. This is bad.” He started adjusting his rings so they were perfect.

“Soooo!” Patty said, trying not to laugh. “Who cares if we’re not an hour early?”

                  Kidd glared at her. “I DO!” Patty just started giggling.

                  “Hey,” Mari said. “I’m only fourteen and I was out of bed, showered, dressed, cooked you guys,” She pointed at them. “Breakfast all before six.”

                  Kidd raised his hands in defeat. “I hate to say it but I have been beaten at my own game.”

                  “Geeze Mari!” Liz said, yawning. She stretched her back and scratched her arm. “What time did you get up?”

                  Mari looked to the side, remembering Kidd in her nightmare. “Oh… like five or something.” She said like it was no big deal.

                  Liz shook her head. “I will never be able to do that.”

                  Patty nodded. “Me either!”

                  They reached the base of the school and started climbing the long staircase.

                  “Y-You guys…” Mar gasped. “So… what sort of mission should we… do?” She stopped for a second to catch her breath.

                  Kidd wasn’t panting at all as he thought for a sort moment. “Maybe something easier than what we usually do.” He looked over at Mari. “Well, you’re a beginner. So maybe… we’ll see.” He started walking again.

                  Once they made it up the long staircase, they walked inside to the board of missions. They scanned them over, searching for something that looked like there wouldn’t be much work involved. Mari took a few steps down the board so she could look at the other missions and bumped into a short girl that had white hair like Soul. “Oh!” She said as they both fell over.

                  The girl looked up at her with big blue eyes. “I-I’m s-sorry!” She said, whispering so Mari could barely hear her.

                  Mari stared at the girl. “Are you a meister?” She asked suspiciously.

                  The girl nodded and looked down as she blushed. “i-im thirteen.” She squeaked.

                  Mari held out her hand to help the girl up. “I’m fourteen! My name is Mari!” Mari gestured at Kidd, Liz and Patty. “And these people are Kidd, Liz and Patty!”

                  The girl looked at the ground. “My n-name is… Amme.”

                  Mari looked into Amme’s eyes. “Hey!” She said. “Do you want to try being partners?”

                  Amme looked up at her, her cheeks tinted pink. “R-Really? I don’t have a partner! No one seems to notice me.” she looked at the ground, maybe a little sad.

                  “That’s okay!” Mari said. “Amme! You’re my new partner!”

                  Amme smiled, happily. “Well… if our wavelengths match…” She pointed out.

                  Mari put her arm over Amme’s shoulder and waved her hand in the air. “Well, as long as you can lift heavy thing… we can deal with the whole wavelength thing later!”

                  They ended up choosing a simple mission that had to take down a monster with a keshin egg soul that was terrorizing a small town. It had already killed thirty-seven people without the academy noticing.

                  The five weapons and meisters walked through the small streets and people boarded up their windows and locked their doors. Mari whistled a little and Kidd shook his head. “Mari. People are dying and you’re whistling?”

                  Mari looked up at him, confused. “What?” Kidd hit his forehead as they kept walking.

                  A tall figure at the end of one street looked over at them as they passed. It had long needle teeth and had long legs that were bent at odd angles. One arm was long with a large hand that had claws, and the other arm was sawed off with a rebar sticking out of it.

                  It turned and smiled at them. “Okay.” Mari said, a little scared. “Let’s try this.” her body started glowing and it mutated into a long claymore sword. Amme reached out and grabbed it with one of her hands, holding it easily.

                  She closed her eyes and pointed Mari at the thing. Something sparked and Amme’s soul wavelength raced down Mari’s blade, creating a deadly electric current.

                  Kidd made a small noise of surprise. “Well… that was unexpected. We’ll leave it to you two.”    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.2K 2.2K 15
Death the kid has been told he has a sister but he didn't believe it but after his father told him she's attending the school he gets mad and despise...
24.4K 803 17
It was just another day in Death City. DWMA was up and about living life to the fullest. Maka's team was yet again assigned a special mission by no o...
6.8K 178 50
You have been a great miester until your last fight with Medusa the Witch. Your partner had died. Your partner did have a very weak body, but was a v...