Not What It Seems (Chase Dave...

Writing_Babe द्वारा

Living with the Davenport's mean craziness and adventures. Continue to follow Alex through the wild adventure... अधिक

I'm Not Leaving
Speed Trapped
Spy Fly
Missin' The Mission
The Cousin From Hell
Quarantined
Robot Fight Club
Bro Down
Escaped
Save Me
The Rats Strike Back
Parallel Universe
Spike's Got Talent
Leo vs. Evil
Hole In One
Trucked Out
The Bionic 500
Bionic Showdown
Memory Wipe
Avalanche!
Adam Up
Breakdown
Llama Drama
The Haunting of Mission Creek High
Perry 2.0
My Little Brother
Prank You Very Much
Trent Gets Schooled
No Going Back
Third Book!

Twas the Mission Before Christmas

6.1K 144 31
Writing_Babe द्वारा

Even though I wrote that Chase and Alex have been together for over two years, let’s just say that this is their first Christmas together. It doesn’t make a lot of sense, but whatever.

Christmas. My favorite time of the year. Spending it with family made it even more enjoyable. After my mom died and it was just me and my dad, Christmas was no longer celebrated. No. Instead, he would beat me on that day. That’s why Christmas in the Davenport household was so special to me. It made me realize that I was a part of this amazing, yet crazy family. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

While Tasha and Donald were talking about the family card, I turned to Leo who was unpacking a bin full of decorations. “So, what did you get your mom for Christmas?”

He looked at me with wide eyes. “I was supposed to get her something?” My jaw dropped and he laughed. “Kidding! I was totally kidding! And you’ll find out tomorrow morning.”

“You suck.” I groaned.

“Who wants a Christmas cookie?” Adam asked, holding a tray full of cookies.

“Ooh! I do!” I exclaimed, running over to the oldest bionic. I grabbed a cookie, but realized it wasn’t cooked. I didn’t care.

“Adam, those aren’t even cooked.” Leo told him.

“Leo, cookie dough is amazing, so just eat them raw.” I told him, taking a bite out of the raw cookie. “Yummy!”

“Not a problem.” Adam said before using his heat vision to cook the cookies. Too bad he actually set them on fire. “Careful, they may be hot.” He quickly blew out the flames.

I chuckled and turned around as soon as I heard the front door open. Bree was the one who walked in. “Okay, who covered the entire house in blinking lights? People already think we’re weird, we don’t need to shine a light on it.”

“No, I did that.” Adam said. “I want to make sure Santa Claus comes to our house first.”

Bree rolled her eyes. “Adam, we all love Christmas, but I think you’re going a little overboard.”

Suddenly, there was a loud noise coming from outside, and the door swung open. Chase came hopping in, due to the fact that the Christmas lights were wrapped around him. I bit my tongue to keep myself from laughing.

Bree and Leo started laughing, while Adam just sighed. “That, however, is spot on.” Bree chuckled.

“Hey, get back up on the room.” Adam demanded. “You’re ruining my display.”

“You were lucky a raccoon chewed me free!” Chase snapped.

I slightly jumped when the mission alert sound went off. All the Davenports, excluding my boyfriend, took out their phones. “That’s an urgent mission alert. We have to get to the lab.” Davenport ordered. They all ran down to the lab while I stayed back to help out Chase.

“I have a feeling this is going to take a while.” I told him, eyeing the lights that were tightly wrapped around his body.

“Stupid Adam.” He grumbled.

Xxx

Once I got Chase untangled from the lights, which actually didn’t take a lot of time, we both ran down to the lab. “The alert is coming from Facility X, my research center in the frozen tundra.” Davenport explained.

“Hey, hey, I’m the mission specialist. I’ll handle this.” Leo said before turning to us. “The alert is coming from Facility X, his research center in the frozen tundra.”

I rolled my eyes. “You just wasted a few seconds of our lives that we’re never getting back.”

“Wait. The tundra’s near the North Pole.” Adam realized, then gasped. “Santa needs our help! You wrap, you tape, I’ll go hang with the elves.” He told his siblings.

“Dr. Evans. Are you there?” Davenport asked, his eyes fixated on the screen in front of him. I assumed he was trying to get in contact with this Dr. Evans.

The screen became clearer and a man with a beard appeared. “Yeah, I’m here. Although there’s been a major volcanic eruption nearby and we’re experiencing aftershocks.” As he talked, the screen became blurry and the audio was failing. “I’m afraid if we don’t act fast-“ The picture failed once he said that, and he was gone.

“Oh, Merry Christmas to you, too, Dr. Evans.” Adam said sarcastically. “Rude.”

“Sorry, guys.” Davenport apologized. “I know the timing’s not ideal.”

“It’s okay, Mr. Davenport.” Chase assured him. “We know what we have to do.” He looked at me and I gave him a weak smile.

Our first Christmas together, and we wouldn’t even be spending it together. Did the universe hate us?

“Yep. Let’s crack open some eggnog and hit it hard after the New Year.” Adam said, then ran out of the lab.

Xxx

I watched as the bionics stepped out of their capsules and grab their mission bags, checking them to see if they had everything.

“I can’t believe you guys have to go on a mission on Christmas Eve.” Leo complained. I tried to not show the sadness on my face, but it was hard.

He turned to Davenport. “Just to be clear, we don’t have to wait for them to open our presents, right?” He asked Davenport. He was referring to the two of us. Davenport rolled his eyes.

“Well, I’m not gonna let this ruin my Christmas spirit.” Adam said. “So, I will be wearing my Santa hat.” He reached into his mission bag and pulled out his hat, placing it on his head.

“Really, Adam?” Chase questioned. “A Santa hat with a mission suit?”

“Hey, if the ladies at the bank can wear them at work, so can I.”

I rolled my eyes at Adam and looked at Chase. He had a sad look on his face, but I just shook my head and smiled at him.

“I can’t re-establish contact with Dr. Evans.” Davenport said. “The volcano must have knocked out satellite communications.” He pulled up a holographic image of the area. “This giant ash cloud has plunged that area into total darkness. There is no way rescue teams will be able to get through.”

“Well, that means Dr. Evans is trapped.” Bree pointed out.

“Eh, he’s better off. The airports are packed this time of year.” Adam said.

“There’s an automated transport ready to take you up there.” Davenport told his kids. “But without satellite communications, Leo, Alex, and I won’t be on the comm set.”

“Ah, well, it will be tough navigating through a mission without the constant sound of Leo chomping on carrot sticks.” Chase said. He looked at me and gestured for me to go to the side of the room. I nodded and did what he wanted.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” He said softly. “I mean, this is our first Christmas together.”

“Chase, I’m okay. I knew the moment I started dating you that our relationship wouldn’t be normal.” I chuckled slightly. “Missions are just part of the package.”

He smiled slightly. “You sure you’re okay?”

“I’m fine, babe.” I pecked his lips. “You better go.”

He sighed and nodded, kissing my forehead before rushing out of the lab with his siblings.

Xxx

Once the guys left to go on the mission, Davenport, Leo, and I went back upstairs. Davenport went back to decorating the tree, while I sat on the couch.  Leo was watching Davenport.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when the doorbell rang. Who could that be? “Oh, I got it. Must be Grandma with her holiday feast.” Leo said as he walked towards the door. Oh, right. Grandma Rose was supposed to be coming

“Or perhaps some carolers have come to spread some holiday cheer.” He continued, opening the door. “Merry-“

“Hey, Dooley.” My eyes widened at the sound of Perry’s voice. I snapped my head towards the door and stared at her ugly sweater. What was she doing here?!

Leo yelled and slammed the door shut. “Code red. Turn out the lights. Everybody hide.” He ducked behind the couch.

“Leo.” Tasha laughed, walking towards the door. “Hi.” She greeted Perry once she opened the door.

“I’m with him, I’ll be behind the tree.” Davenport said as he tried walking away.

Tasha grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back. “Don.”

“Sorry to bother you, but I ran into some car trouble while doing one of my favorite yuletide traditions.” Perry explained.

“Oh, were you driving around looking at Christmas lights?” Tasha asked.

“No. I was tearing through puddles trying to splash carolers.”

“Lovely.” I muttered. I was no lying down on the couch, staring up at the ceiling.

“Took a corner too fast and accidently ran over some of your decorations.” She continued. “Ho-ho-ho, here you go.” I quickly glanced at her and saw that she was holding our Santa decoration. It was completely flat.

“Nice aim. What are you driving, a tractor?” Davenport asked.

“I’m stuck.” Perry said. “I popped a tire and I can’t get any cell phone service up here on rich man mountain.” She shoved my legs off the couch, forcing me to sit up. I glared at her and stood up, walking into the kitchen.

“Uh, we like to call it billionaire butte actually. There’s a history-

“Stop talking, I’m on the phone.” Perry said, cutting Davenport off. She had a phone pressed up against her ear.

“Why does she have to be here?” I muttered, venom dripping from my voice. Having the worst Principal ever in your house was not something you wanted to experience.

“Want some cocoa?” Leo asked, holding up a mug.

I shook my head. “I’m good.” He nodded and walked into the living room. But, since he passed Perry, she grabbed the cocoa.

“There’s only one driver tonight.” Perry said. Since I wasn’t listening to her conversation, I assumed she called a tow truck. “And there’s 30 people ahead of me.”

“Fucking great.” I hissed under my breath.

“Hey, well, I have a bike pump. Let’s see if that works.” Leo suggested, walking towards the door.

“Leo!” Tasha scolded. “Principal Perry, what are your Christmas plans?”

WHAT?! NO!

“Not much. Just enjoying my cats’ production of the Nutcracker, with me as the stage.” Perry laughed. She turned to Leo. “The soundtrack comes courtesy of my belly growls.” Leo looked very disturbed.

“You are more than welcome to spend Christmas with us.” Tasha told her, causing my eyes to widen.

“No, she’s really not.” Davenport said.

“Ah. I couldn’t…” I breathed a sigh of relief. “Without grabbing a few things from my car.” She finished with a laugh. She ran out.

“What curse hath you wrought upon this house?” Leo demanded. Why was he speaking old English?

Xxx

I stared wide eyed at Perry as she brought a shit load of crap into the house. “That’s a few things?” Leo asked in disbelief.

“I keep my car stocked with supplied in case of emergency.” Perry explained. “Or if I’m just too tired to walk to the house.”

“Lazy troll.” I muttered under my breath.

“Oops, one more thing.” Perry held up a finger and walked out of the house, only to return a moment later with a cat.

“What a nice surprise.” Tasha said. “You brought your cat.” Perry handed her the leash and she reluctantly took it.

“No.” Perry said. She walked out of the house and came back in with a bunch of carriers stocked on top of each other. My jaw dropped. “I brought my cats.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“You won’t even know that Scratch, Thumper, Boom-Boom, Mr. Whiskers, Dingle, and Widget are ever here.” Perry continued. “They’ll sleep with me inside the tent. They form a living blanket around mama.”

“Alright, I’m going to my room.” I declared, already walking towards my bedroom.

Not having Chase here was bad enough, but having Perry stay here made the night worse. She made my life at school a living hell, so what did that tell you about bringing her to my house. Well, Davenport’s house, but he didn’t want her here either. Tasha was just being nice, which is fine, but did she have to be nice to Perry?

Nobody should be nice to Perry. She was a rude, obnoxious, greedy, little troll. She always insulted everyone, she was selfish…AND SHE WAS PERRY! Anyone with the last name Perry was vicious. Did we forget about Kerry Perry? Insert shudder there.

After taking a shower and putting my pajamas on, I got into bed. Hopefully Adam, Bree, and Chase would be back before the morning. That would make this Christmas a whole lot better.

Xxx

My hope that Adam, Bree, and Chase would return before Christmas morning was deflated when I woke up and noticed that they still weren’t home. But, I wasn’t going to let that ruin my Christmas.

Currently, we were all in the living room opening presents, but there was one problem. Well, two. One, Perry was still here, and two, she was snoring like a fucking truck. We couldn’t even hear each other talk.

“Thank you for the scarf, Donald.” Tasha thanked once she opened her gift from her husband. Did I mention that she was basically yelling? No? Well, she was.

“What?” He asked, his voice loud as well.

“I said Thank you, for the scarf.” She repeated.

“Oh, you’re welcome.” He nodded.

All this loud talking was giving me a headache. We looked over at the tent to see it actually shaking from her snoring. Someone shoot me. Please!

“So, uh, Leo.” Davenport started, shaking the tent, causing the snoring to stop. “What’d you get?”

“I got sucks.” He replied, pulling them out of the gift bag. “Wet socks.” He smelled his hand. “Oh. That have been marked by a cat.” He threw them on the floor.

“Yeah, I’ll give you guys my gift later.” I told them.

“Good call.” Davenport nodded.

Tasha’s phone started ringing and she quickly looked at the text she received. “Oh, no. Grandma’s snowed in. She’s not gonna make it.”

I frowned. Could this Christmas get any worse?

“Great. So, no Adam, no Bree, no Chase, and no Grandma turkey?” Leo asked. “How much worse can this get?”

Perry groaned as she stepped out of the tent in the ugliest pajamas ever. There were bells on them. Oh, God. She yawned and scratched her butt, making me gag. Kill me!

“And there’s my answer.” Leo said.

“Merry Christmas, Principal Perry.” Davenport said. “I hope you slept well.”

“Mind your own business.” She snapped. I gritted my teeth. She looked down at all the presents. “Ooh, Santa came. What’d I get? What’d I get?” She jumped up and down like a little kid. Was that an earthquake I just felt? She bent down and started looking through our gifts, but her pajamas ripped.

“Hopefully, some new PJs, ‘cause those just ripped.” Davenport mumbled.

“Um, no one got you-“

“Ooh, uh, of course we got you something.” Tasha said, cutting Leo off. “It’s Christmas. You can’t not get a gift on Christmas.”

Perry chuckled. “It would be rude.”

Tasha looked behind her and grabbed a box. “Here you go, Principal Perry. Merry Christmas.”

Perry grabbed it and started ripping the wrapping paper. She gasped when she saw “her gift”. “A QHT video game system.” Leo gaped at her. “I can exchange this for a nice blouse and two pairs of slacks. The good kind that you don’t have to iron. Or wash.”

“But I asked for a QHT.” Leo said. It was true. He asked Tasha for that system for months. “Worst Christmas ever.” He spat, walking away.

“Kinda agree.” I mumbled, following him. We both entered the elevator to the lab.

Once we arrived, we stepped out and entered the lab. “Want to watch a movie?” Leo asked.

I nodded. “Sure. Which one?”

“How The Grinch Stole Christmas.” He declared, holding up the DVD.

I grinned. “Shove that sucker in and press play.” I grabbed a chair and sat in front of his laptop that sat on his mission specialist desk. Once the DVD was in, we waited for it to load so he could press play.

About a quarter way into the movie, Davenport came down. “Hiding from Perry?” Leo guessed.

“Yup.” Was Davenport’s simple reply as he pulled up a chair next to me.

We watched the movie in silence, and it was really nice and comforting. The lab was the best place in the house while Perry was here.

After the movie ended, Davenport spoke. “You know, after spending time with Perry, the Grinch doesn’t seem like such a bad guy.”

“Yeah, at least after he took everyone’s presents he went home.” Leo agreed. Kinda.

“Mm-hmm.”

The lab doors slid opened and Tasha walked in. “What are you three doing down here?”

“Same thing we do at school.” Leo answered for both of us. “Hiding from Principal Perry.”

Tasha chuckled. “Leo, she is our guest. It is rude to leave her upstairs by herself.” She sat down on the arm of Davenport’s chair. “So get up there and let us know when she’s gone.”

“Yeah.” Davenport agreed.

The lab doors from the other side of the lab slid opened and in walked in Adam, Bree, and Chase. I smiled and ran over to Chase, throwing my arms around his neck.

“I’m so glad you’re back.” I whispered.

“Me too.” He murmured, kissing my cheek.

“It’s so good to see you guys.” Tasha said. “Merry Christmas.” I pulled myself away from Chase, but he kept an arm around my waist. The three bionics hugged Davenport, Tasha, and Leo quickly.

“So, how’d the mission go?” Davenport asked.

Chase smiled awkwardly. “Yes.”

“Well, how’s my research facility?” He asked.

They laughed nervously. “Oh, you wouldn’t even recognize it.” Bree told him.

“Oh.” Davenport smiled and nodded.

“Hey, why are down here when the presents are upstairs?” Adam asked as he started walking towards the elevator. Bree and Chase following.

“Hey, wait, wait.” Leo stopped them. “No so fast. Um…Principal Perry is upstairs. I repeat, Perry is in the house.”

The three bionics stared at him for a moment. “You know, I am very tired.” Chase said, walking towards his capsule.

“Yeah, I could use some sleep.” Bree agreed.

“Freeze.” Tasha stopped them. “Look, the poor woman is all alone, and it’s Christmas. Hey, at least we’re all together. So, let’s make the best of it, right?”

“Absolutely not.” Davenport denied. “Enough is enough. We are going to march up there right now and tell this woman, vamoose, lady. This is our Christmas.”

We all cheered. “Wait, she can’t see us in our mission suits.” Chase reminded everyone.

“Well, hurry up and change, I’m not telling her without backup.”

Adam, Bree, and Chase ran into their capsules and quickly changed into regular clothes. Once they stepped out, we started walking out of the lab, entering the elevator. Chase grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together as we rode the elevator. It felt so good to have him back.

As soon as we walked out and entered the living room, Davenport started talking. “Principal Perry, we-uh, smell food.”

He was right. The house smelled delicious. We looked at Perry who was in the kitchen, a chef’s hat on her head and an apron on.

“What are you doing?” Leo asked.

“What’s it look like?” She asked. “I’m making dinner.”

“We’ve had enough of this. Get out.” Adam demanded. I rolled my eyes. Good to have you back, Adam.

“Principal Perry, this is amazing.” Tasha marveled. I stared at all the food. Man, I was seriously hungry.

“Well, I didn’t see you cooking anything.” Perry told her.

“Wow, I can’t believe you actually did something nice.” Bree said, shock evident in her voice.

“It’s a Christmas miracle.” Chase added in awe.

“Ah, it’s nothing. I figured, I crashed your holiday, it’s the least I could do.” Perry said.

“Oh, look, how fancy.” Tasha said, looking into the oven. “She made a Christmas goose.”

“Oh. It’s actually a swan from the pond down the street.” What? “You know, you could walk right up to ‘em.”

We heard a cat meow and I suddenly got nervous. Where did it come from? “Please tell me that’s not coming from the oven.” Davenport begged.

“I got it.” She smiled. Creepy. “The Christmas tree is one big scratching post for those cats.” She ran over to the tree, and one thing led to another and she tackled the tree to the ground.

Xxx

Once all the food was ready, we all sat down at the table and dug in. For an annoying troll, she was actually a good cook. Who knew?

“Principal Perry, thank you again for this meal.” Tasha thanked.

“Oh, you’re welcome.” Perry replied. She pulled out a piece of paper from her shirt pocket and handed it to Davenport. “I’ll take that whenever you’re ready.”

“What’s this?” He asked as Tasha examined it.

“Uh, your bill.” Perry stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“I see you included tax, top, and the cost of a new tire.” Tasha said, reading off the bill. Davenport grabbed it.

“Sorry, gratuity is included for parties of six or more.” Perry said. “I have no say in that.”

“You’re actually gonna charge us for dinner?” Davenport asked in disbelief.

“Well, I didn’t make this meal with love.” Perry said. “I made it with skill, sweat, and whatever came off the tip of my pinkie when I was chopping veggies.” She held up her pinkie that had a green bandage on it.

We immediately spit out our food and gargled our mouths with water.

Xxx

After our dinner, which I was still gagging from, Chase and I decided to head on up to the roof. It was a nice change of scenery, and it was really romantic. Especially since he brought a blanket for us to lie on. We were both lying down, my head on his chest, and the beautiful stars twinkling above us.

“Are you having a good Christmas?” He asked quietly.

“I am now.” I responded just as quiet. I placed my chin on his chest and looked at him. “As soon as you entered the lab, my Christmas got ten times better.”

He smiled. “You know, I still have to give you your gift.”

I shook my head. “Save that for later. I just want to be with you right now.” I rolled over so I was on top of him. “Besides, you’re my gift.

“A little cheesy, don’t you think, babe?” He chuckled.

I shrugged. “Don’t care.” I leaned down and connected my lips with his. My hands buried themselves in his hair, earning a small moan to escape his throat.

“Love you, Alex.” He mumbled against my lips.

“Love you, too, Chase.” I softly bit his lip, earning another moan.

This was definitely a Merry Christmas.

Two more chapters! I’m gonna try and write them tomorrow, which means that season 2 will end tomorrow. I’ll do my best to post the season 3 book ASAP after the second one book is finished.

Vote and comment! You guys motivate me when you do that! Love ya!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

568K 7.7K 47
IT'S SEASON TWO OF LAB RATS!!!! The journey continues as Katie adventures with the Davenports all while balancing her relationship with the youngest...
27.4K 427 19
Viola Winters is what every teen movie explains as popular. She's pretty, a cheerleader, and dating a football player. Yet she isn't happy with her l...
310K 6.1K 34
Destiny Lilac has been through a lot of stuff but when her best friend, Leo Dooley, gets a step-dad, her life will be filled with adventure, crazines...
205K 3.7K 14
When Alex Martin meets the Davenport siblings, she doesn't think her life could get any crazier. What happens when she gets adopted into the family...