Escaped

Here's an original chapter! Enjoy!

Was there ever a moment in your life when you just wanted to scream and shout at the world? Well for me, that moment was right now. All of us teenagers were sitting on the couches in the living room, and I was the only one not talking. Adam and Bree were in the middle of a pointless argument, and Chase and Leo were talking about who knows what. I tried tuning them out, but they were so loud.

"Oh my god, guys!" I snapped. They immediately shut up. "Thank you." I sighed and leaned back against the couch.

"Someone's cranky." Leo commented.

"Sorry, but you guys were just so loud and I was getting a headache." I told them softly.

"Sorry, babe." Chase said, kissing my temple.

"It's fine. Sorry for snapping." I apologized. "Let's just watch some TV." They all nodded and got comfy on the couch.

As we flipped through the channels, I couldn't help but do a double take when I saw a picture of my father on the screen.

"Go back." I ordered Leo who had the remote. He did as told and flipped back to the news channel.

"Breaking news!" The news anchor announced. "No more than twenty minutes ago, The Mission Creek Prison experienced a power outage. All prisoners have been accounted for except one. The prisoner who escaped was Gregory Martin. Officers on the scene believe that Martin is armed and dangerous. Martin was sentenced to thirty years in prison with no parole for abusing his fifteen, now sixteen year old daughter, Alexandra Martin."

I froze as I watched the screen turn black. Leo had turned the TV off. We were all silent and I felt like I couldn't breathe. It felt like my chest was collapsing in on itself and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball in die.

"Alex?" Chase's voice broke the silence that fell over the room.

"What?" I asked, not bothering to look at him. I couldn't.

"It's a stupid question, but are you okay?"

I sucked in a breath and closed my eyes. "I don't know." I admitted before running straight to my room. I closed the door and locked it, wanting privacy.

"This can't be happening." I chanted over and over as I ran a shaky hand through my hair. "Please let this be a dream." I whispered, letting a single tear roll down my cheek.

I didn't know how long I stayed in my room, but I assumed it was a little over two hours. The guys knew I needed space and they gladly gave it to me. I spent my time lying on my bed, staring at the white ceiling.

There was a knock at the door, causing me to take in a shaky breath before I made my towards the door, opening it. There stood Chase. He had a frown on his face, causing me to tear up. He immediately wrapped me in a tight hug.

"It'll be okay, I promise." He whispered in my ear, running his fingers through my hair. All I could do was nod as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

About five minutes passed before I was able to pull myself together. I got out of his grasp and wiped away any remaining tears.

"We told Davenport about your dad's escape and you're not allowed out of our sight." Chase told me. "You have to be around one of us at all times."

"Is that really necessary?" I asked.

He nodded. "Alex, if your dad is armed with a weapon, he could hurt you."

"You think he's gonna come after me?" My voice was shaky as I waited for his answer.