Adam Up

Thank you guys so much for over 7,000 reads! You guys rock! Enjoy Adam Up!

“How long have they been in there for?” I asked Leo as we watched our friends train in the simulator.

“An hour.” He responded. I nodded and continued to watch the bionics train. I had been in the simulator once before, so I could only imagine how I looked. But I wouldn’t mind going in the simulator again. It was a lot of fun.

Our friends stopped fighting and took off their goggles. “Great job, guys.” Leo congratulated. “You just took out an entire unit of virtual cyborgs.”

“Yeah, I might just have to join you next time.” I said.

“Do that, and Davenport will probably have your head.” Bree said.

I shrugged. “I highly doubt that.” She rolled her eyes and smiled.

Suddenly, the annoying digital rat appeared on the screen on the wall. “I think it’s sad that you have to invent people to play with you.”

“Why did Davenport have to create you?” I asked.

“Uh, because he was sad and alone and needed a friend.” Eddy replied. I rolled my eyes and watched him disappear from the screen. Thank God.

“Alright, Leo,” Adam threw a towel around his neck. “I’m off the clock. Let’s get out of here.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Chase stopped them. “Just because Mr. Davenport’s away doesn’t mean we can stop training.” Both boys groaned.

“How do you think I feel?” My boyfriend asked. “I’m missing a four hour documentary on the history of the printing press.”

I stared at him. “If you had a choice between watching the documentary and kissing me, which one would you choose?” All eyes were on him.

“I plead the fifth?” His answer came out as a question, and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

“But Leo and I were going to play human bull’s eye bounce.” Adam said. “Don’t worry, its way more dangerous than it sounds.”

“Human bull’s eye bounce?” Chase questioned. “Is there any way you can get a good enough bounce to land in the emergency room? ‘Cause that would save us a lot of time.”

“Nope.” Bree said. “He’s right, Adam. As much as I enjoy watching you get hurt, and I-” She chuckled. “-I really do, we have to train.”  

“Oh, come on!” Leo whined like a five year old. “The adults are away. If we don’t take advantage by doing something destructive, we’re no better than…” He motioned to Chase. “Chase.”

“I’m sorry, but unless he can be in two places at once, he’s training.” Chase said. “Come on, let’s get the boa staffs.”

“Oh, man.” Adam complained. “I never get to do what I want. It’s not fair.”

“Aw, are all your cool bionic abilities and top secret missions getting you down?” Bree mocked.

“Aw, thanks Bree.” Adam said. “I knew you’d understand.” He and Leo walked into the other room while Bree and Chase walked over to the boa staffs.

“So, do you know how to use these?” Chase asked, holding up a boa staff.

I smirked. “As a matter of fact, I do.” Bree tossed me one and I caught it with ease. “Shall we find out who uses one better?”

He scoffed. “Oh, you’re so on, babe.”

“This should be interesting.” Bree commented.

Xxx