Llama Drama

It had been about a week since I heard about the death of my father, and if I was being honest, I had actually gotten better. A lot better. And I owed it all to my friends who I considered my family. Well, except for Chase. If I considered him family, then that would just be awkward. No, he was the love of my life.

We were all down in the lab getting ready for school when I noticed Adam pick up a jar. "Hey, can I use this? I need a place to store my toenail clippings."

"You save your toenails?" Leo asked in disgust.

"Of course. They're nature's toothpicks."

"Adam, you're going to make me hurl." I told him. I could already feel my breakfast coming up.

"You don't even want to know what he flosses with." Bree said.

"You really don't." Adam agreed.

"Alright, where's the bucket?" I asked, the nausea getting worse. Adam was seriously grossing me out.

Chase rushed over to Adam and grabbed the jar out of his hand. He was still holding the clipboard that he was using before. I wasn't even sure what he was doing. "Hey! Get away from that! It's not empty. There are thousands of metallic Nanobots in there." He placed the jar on the lab table.

"Well, then why can't I see them?" Adam asked.

"Because they're microscopically small." Chase explained.

"But you're microscopically small and I can see you." Adam joked.

"Adam, he's not even that short." I told him, defending my boyfriend.

"Oh, Alex." Adam placed a hand on my shoulder. "Yes he is." I rolled my eyes.

"Nanobots are so tiny. They're only visible to the human eye." Chase explained. "Here, I'll show you." He grabbed a pair of goggles and gave them to Adam who put them on.

"Whoa." Adam was in awe.

"They function like mini doctors inside the human body." Chase started explaining. "When patients swallow them, they'll seek and destroy diseased cells or foreign matter."

Adam removed the goggles. "Ooh, I got a tennis ball and mini statue of liberty somewhere in my gut." He patted his stomach. "It's time to swallow a search party." He grabbed the jar, but Chase tried to get it back.

"Adam, no! Those are valuable!" Chase exclaimed as he tried to pull the jar out of Adam's grasp. This wasn't going to end well."

"Come on, guys," Bree said, zipping up her backpack. "We don't want to step on broken glass."

"What broken glass?" Leo asked.

As soon as he asked that question, the jar that Adam and Chase were fighting over flew out of their grasps and landed on the floor, completely breaking into pieces.

"Right," Leo said as he followed Bree out of the lab.

"Chase, you want me to stay and help?" I asked my boyfriend who was glaring daggers at his brother.

He looked at and shook his head before pecking my lips. "No, you go. We'll meet you there." I nodded and quickly ran out of the lab to catch up with Bree and Leo.

Xxx

I was in the hallway waiting for Adam and Chase since I had nothing else to do. School was about to start, and if they were late, Davenport would have their head.

I sighed in relief when I saw them walk into school. "Did you collect all the Nanobots?" I asked them.

Chase nodded while Adam was looking off into space. "Yeah. Adam was absolutely no help, but that was fine with me." I chuckled and pecked his lips.