She's a Challenge | 5sos AU

Per Liadne_14

"You're a challenge I gladly accept." He smiled. Lola Heart, a complex girl that no one has really figured ou... Més

Prologue
Heartless Lola
Get a Clue
Lost
Group Therapy
Not A Date
Shots
Mr. Popular
A Challenge
No Option
Never Have I Ever
Fairness
Mission
Thief
No Fighting
Probable Regret
The Reason
Advice
Repairing A Friendship
No Scars
Fights and Scolding
Muffins and Awkward Feelings
No Simplicity
Insecurities
Progress
Walking And Talking
Sweet Victory
Appearance
Ideas
Broken Promise
Banners and Stuffed Penguins
Day Gone Wrong
Troubles
What Falls, Breaks
A Day With Lulu
Comfort
Threats
Problems
Revelation
Fortune Cookies
Broken
Time
New Start
Champagnes and Past Lovers
Epilogue
A/N

Space

990 52 3
Per Liadne_14

Chapter 13: Space

I told mom that I needed a few days to my self and that I went to visit Aunt Laura. When she mentioned therapy again, I immediately hung up. I already told her that I don't want to go and made a deal with her, I won and I'm not going to therapy.

Calum's parents went out of town for a few days to visit his sister in college. Now I don't have to worry about getting caught by his parents and be asked to go home. I laughed so hard when I heard his parents tell him not to throw parties. I can't imagine Calum throwing a party or the people invited to the party.

His sisters clothes are not my style. "It's the only color she had." Calum explained as he gave me blue skinny jeans and a pink collared shirt.

It's been three days and these idiots haven't noticed it's me in a wig. I rolled my eyes at how stupid people here could be. I know, I'm very judgmental.

I had to get up early everyday to ride with Calum, I should've known he gets up earlier than expected to go to school.

"Three weeks in Hawaii and no hot guys." I heard Ms. Popular, Tara Bradshaw, complain to her sidekick, Tina Lewis, as they passed by me. "I mean, I was in a bikini the whole time and there was no one to show off too."

"Well, there's this new guy who came when you left. His name is Luke and he's hot." I heard Tara him "Two words. Lip. Peircing."

"The wonders I could feel with his lips." she smiled "Let's go find this Luke."

I stood across from my locker and found Luke put his books in his bag. He kept glancing down the hall.

"You must be Luke." Tara smiled at him "I'm Tara, I just came back from Hawaii."

"Luke." he looked past her and closed his locker.

"Oh, you have an accent. English?"

"Australian." he answered. I chuckled as I watched her fail at flirting.

"We should meet up sometime, maybe dinner?"

"Can't."

"Why not? Do you have a girlfriend or something?" she crossed her arms and waited for his answer.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for her actually."

"Who?"

"Heart. Lola Heart."

My face dropped. He did not just say that.

"Heartless Lola?" she laughed "No one dates that freak."

"She's not a freak." he defended. I don't need him to stand up for me.

"Why have her, when you can have me?" she put her arms on his shoulder and smiled. I rolled my eyes at how desperate she looked

"I'd rather have her." he pushed her arms off.

I couldn't watch her fail at flirting anymore. I walked over to Mikey's locker to see him hiding things as he puts it in his bag.

"What trouble are you getting yourself into now?" I crossed my arms and smirked as I walked up to him.

"Do I know you?" he closed his locker and faced me.

I shrugged "What's in the bag?"

"Nothing, leave me alone." He closed his locker then walked past me.

"How could you talk to a friend like that?" I turned around.

He turned around with his jaw on the floor "Lola?" I nodded "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not going to stay in all day. I needed something to entertain me."

"Where are you staying? You know you could've came over to my place?"

"You were going through something and I'm pretty sure you're still mad at me."

"I'm not mad."

"Are you sure?" He didn't respond. "What's in the bag?"

"I'm going to show Vance how I have a good time in this town."

I smiled. "Graffiti?"

He nodded. "Graffiti." We both started to laugh. "Wanna join?" He handed me a spray can.

I took it from his hand and gave him a wicked smile. "How could I pass up vandalizing?"

"Let's go then." I smiled and followed him out of school. A boy was leaning against his car with his hand awfully close to him like he's hiding something.

"You can't smoke here, Vance." Michael said pushing him out of the way causing Vance to drop his joint. He stepped on it then got into the car.

I made my way to the passenger side only to get beat to the handle "This is my seat." I said to him.

"No, this is mine." He argued.

"Let her sit in the front." Michael said.

I smiled innocently at him as he made his way to he back. "Thanks." I said to Michael.

"Who is she?" Vance said.

"Lola." Michael said backing out of the school parking lot. "I can't believe you're wearing that."

I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm "It's only for when I'm in school." I took off the wig and collar shirt, exposing my blue streaked hair and black tank top. "Feels much better." I smiled.

"Why a disguise?"

"I told my parents I went to Aunt Laura's for a few days and I didn't want to stay in that house all day."

"Where are you staying?"

"I'm not telling you." I chuckled. "Remind me, when I do show up as Lola, to kill Piercings."

"What did he do this time?" He asked pulling up behind the abandon library.

"He told Tara Bradshaw that I'm his girlfriend." Mikey bursted into laughter and so did Vance. "Why are you laughing?" I snapped at Vance.

"He just made his death wish." Mikey chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. I walked up to the chipped wall, thinking of things to paint.

"So what drove you?" Vance asked spraying a crown in blue.

"What are you talking about?"

"What drove you to go into hiding?"

"Did Mikey tell you about me?" I crossed my arms and leaned on the wall.

"The dude doesn't shut up about you." He chuckled. "Thanks for helping by the way."

"He was in a position I'm currently in, it seems like the right thing to do." I shrugged.

"So are you going to tell me, or are you going to keep asking questions?" He smiled at me.

"I just needed space from everyone."

"Why?"

"You know, for a guy I just met who tried to take my seat, you're very nosy." Seems like all guys are like that.

"I just want to know." He put the cap back on the can and stepped back. "I suck ass." He chuckled looking at his art work. It was a monkey with a crown on his head. "Don't you think?" He asked me.

"It could have meaning." I shrugged.

"It does, I was talking about the way it looks."

"What does it mean?"

"The people who are in charge are monkeys."

"How so?" I asked even though I agree with him.

"It took them four years to find me."

I chuckled and shook my head. "They didn't find you."

"That makes my artwork scream that authority is a monkey." He threw his can down then sat against the wall. "Why didn't you paint anything?"

"I don't know what to paint." I shrugged. "It would be a first in a long time."

He chuckled. "I get why Mikey's so interested in you."

I looked over at Mikey who was lost in his vandelizing. Sometimes I wonder if he'll just take the can and spray it all over his hair. His hair was still black and I've never seen Mikey with the same hair color for more than a few weeks.

"Why is his hair still that color?" I asked nodding to him.

"I don't know, he told me he's changing it when you got out of the car." Vance answered. "Do you like him?"

I gaped at Vance and his ridiculous question "What?"

"Do you like my cousin? Yes or No?"

"I like him as a friend, more like a brother, actually."

"I hope that's the way he likes you too...but as a sister of course." He got up and stood in front of me. "Now this Luke person. Do you like him?"

I scoffed. "Luke and I aren't even friends, what makes you think I like him?"

He shrugged "You're being all defensive about it."

I rolled my eyes then walked up to he wall. "I..." I said aloud as I wrote the words "Do not like Luke Hemmings!" I dropped the can then turned around to face Vance "Does that answer your question?"

"Loud and clear." He responded.

We heard spary cans fall, snapping our heads to the sound. Mikey was panting on the ground.

"What happened?" Vance asked as he walked over to him.

"I'm done," Mikey said, getting up and heading to the car. "Lola, I'm taking you home."

I looked at his Graffiti, the words help was spelled out, loud and clear, along with a painting of a sledgehammer. I don't know why he painted that but I'm going to find out.

"Just drop me at the cemetery." I said.

"No," He snapped, startling Vance and I. "No," He said in a softer tone. "Just let me take you home."

"Thanks but..." I looked back at his words. "I think I'm going to walk."

"Lola, please, just get in the car."

"Mikey, what's wrong?"

"I'll you tell later."

"Mikey-"

"Just trust me, Lola."

I nodded and got into the car. It was silent, which was uncomfortable. The radio was off and no one said a word. Vance cleared his throat but no one said anything.

"This is bullshit." Vance said rolling the window down. "I'm suffocating from lack of communication." He shouted.

"Shut up." Mikey said through his teeth.

I rolled my eyes. "Stop the car." I said.

"What?" Mikey asked.

"Pull over." I said louder.

He stopped the car and looked at me. "What's going on?"

I shook my head and grabbed my bag. "Take the front seat, Vance." I said opening the door.

"Where are you going?" Mikey asked.

"Back to the place I'm hiding." I got out and slammed the door. Vance got out and held my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"A friend's place." Calum and I aren't even friend's so that's a lie.

"Hes probably bottling up something."

I sighed. "Keep and eye on him, please?" He nodded. "Don't think about following me, I'm not going straight there."

"I'll get your number from Mikey and call if anything happens." He explained to me.

I nodded. "Thank you, he needs to figure out why he's mad."

"Maybe he needs space too." He shrugged.

(A/N): I know, I know. I'm late to update but I chose the wrong day to do my updates. Sunday here is family for me and I don't know why I chose this day to do my updates. I should probably make it the next day or the middle of the week.

I have practices and three performances this week, along with Christmas shopping and party planning. My schedule's jam packed and I don't know how I'm going to do all of it.

I will be updating, so you don't have to worry about that. But it's not going to be the best chapter I've written since I'm so busy.

I know I just brought back Michael in the story and now I'm just leaving him hanging, but not everything goes as planned, so sorry. But now you've met Vance. Any thoughts?

Comment, Vote, and/or Follow.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

174K 4.3K 27
When Luke moves, he finds himself becoming close best friends with a girl over the summer, Chloe Carter. But when he starts his new school, he makes...
2K 6 55
(Originally called Luke Hemmings but it's more about Michael now so I changed it) Luke Hemmings.....not that popular.... small group of friends.....h...
120 0 20
After a tragic change in her life, she's gotta find a place where she belongs. Her group of friends try to help her, but one tries more then the othe...
4.2K 46 23
Sydney is the new girl at school. What will happen when she meets Calum hood This book will be updated weekly