CEO FROM HELL

By GabrielaSalvatore0

*COMPLETED* Catherine Cavenon is as broke as it gets. Working long hours at a night club earns her just enoug... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
EPILOGUE
A NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 11

15.7K 799 49
By GabrielaSalvatore0

"What the fuck do you mean, there's only one room left!?" Layton snarled at the shaking woman sitting at the front desk.

"I-I'm terribly sorry Mr. Grim. We're packed."

"I don't care what's your pitiful excuse. Seeing as you know my name, you sure as hell know who I am. Tell my brother to take care of this situation!"

The woman's fingers shook as she typed something away on the keyboard. Catherine could see her eyes begun to fill up with tears. Layton wasn't exactly easy to deal with. The smile she had greeted them with was long gone now, replaced by a trembling lip.

Most people gathering at the lobby had their attention turned to the front desk. They whispered among themselves or remained in wary silence.

Catherine stood leaning against one of podest used as presentators for gorgeous bush of flowers. Her defensive stance earned her quite a few critical glances from elder generation. Or perhaps it was the odd mix of pencil skirt and muddy sneakers that got their attention.

She felt like an ugly smear on a silken scarf - completely out of place. The five star hotel located at the heart of downtown Manhattan was alone enough to leave one breathless with its luxury and moneyed people casually strolling through it's halls.

In five minutes they were there, she already managed to count at least five Gucci bags.

"I'm afraid he'll be returning only in the evening...My deepest apologies, Mr. Grim. I-i'm afraid there's nothing I can do." The stutter in the counter ladies voice was answered by a long, dissatisfied sigh.

"Fine. But don't think this is over. When my brother is back, he'll hear about this. That I can promise you." Layton huffed, turning on his heel the second key made it into his hand.

Many hungry eyes of groupies followed the tall figure as he strode through the lobby. A frown suited him and that was pretty much everything Catherine had seen aside from the arrogant smirk that appeared once in thousand years when he felt victorious about something.

"Let's go." He barked an order, already jabbing the elevator button.

Catherine could only roll her eyes at the outburst. "And you call me childish. Your tantrums are no better than mine." She stole a glance backwards at the employee he had yelled at before. The brunette had been replaced and brought away to the staff room by a man in a suit who appeared to be trying to calm her down.

"It's not her fault that the rooms are taken you know."

"She screwed up the reservation. Now we're stuck in the same suite." Layton adjusted his coat, eyes fixed ahead at all times, following the movement of elevator as it closed to their floor.

Okay, maybe now I get why she should be fired.

"If you can't stand me that much, why not just free yourself of this torture that is my presence?"

"I'm not firing you. If I am, then you're going to the jail."

Well, it was worth giving a shot...

The ding of elevator arriving cut the conversation short. The pair got inside, keeping a safe distance from one another. From stranger's point of view that might even seem funny.

The elevator door begun to close, when a slender pale hand appeared in a narrow gap. The metallic door parted to reveal a head of platinum blonde hair and big brown eyes that were rimmed by black eyeliner.

From the first glance alone it was clear that she was one of these women. Seduction was what they did best and the small curve of her jungle red lips and sway in her hips as she walked inside the cramped space made it all too obvious. Her dress just barely rode her long slender legs and her cleavage nearly shouted to be noticed.

And it was.

Catherine shifted uncomfortably when Layton's eyes traveled up and down the woman's body. Not many people were above cheap sex, her being one of the rare. And him being one of those who didn't mind one bit.

"Could you press 38 for me?" The woman's voice had this timbre of upper class arrogance. And even if she looked cheap, the dress she wore wasn't.

Please...please, not in front of me.

"Of course."

Fuck...

Catherine groaned quietly as Layton leaned to press the button. What surprised her though was that aside from glancing at the woman's boobs, he showed no other desire to engage in anything. Whilst the blonde was taking joga worthy positions to push out her breasts, he simply leaned back and once again fixed his steely eyes forwards.

"My name is Judy, by the way..." She once again attempted to start a conversation, stepping slightly forwards to intrude Layton's personal space.

Boy, what a mistake that was.

"You reek of perfume.This elevator is not so small. Step back."

Catherine's eyes nearly bulged out from their sockets. This she was not expecting. And judging by how the blonde's jaw nearly hit the carpeted floor, she hadn't either.

"E-excuse me?"

"You heard."

Wow. I guess he's a d*ck to everyone.

Another ding echoed through the elevator and the door opened. She didn't pay much attention to which button Layton had pressed until they stopped at the third floor.

"Your floor." Layton glanced down at the woman with cold formality.

"B-but I said 38."

"Did you bleach your brain? Get out."

Buuurn...I feel like I time traveled to Arctics somehow.

"You rude bastard! You'll regret it!" Judy snarled, stomping out from the elevator with her high heels poking holes in the lush carpet. The door closed slowly behind her, but even then her loud cursing could be heard at least three floors up.

"Pfffftt! Hahahahaha!" Catherine doubled herself up and burst into a loud cackle of laughter. She was pretty sure it echoed through the entire hotel as the elevator took them higher to the penthouse.

Her eyes started to water and her stomach was forced to endure a series of cramps. But there was nothing she could do about it. The face the woman made, the way Layton told her off. It all was just too funny.

When she finally calmed down a little, she was fairly sure her stomach wouldn't recover for a long time. Though lack of breath wasn't the only reason. A low chuckle caught her off guard. Her blue eyes traveled up to look up at the source of her laughing fit.

A smile.

Layton Grim smiled.

The smile lingered only for a half second, just enough for her to catch a glimpse of it. Just enough for her to mistake it for an illusion, and just enough for her to realize that he had a beautiful smile.

Yet another ding interrupted her trail of thought, making her snap out from the staring contest she had unintentionally begun. The metallic door parted, revealing a sight worth millions.

Wow.

It felt like stepping into a different world. The windows encircling the large living room that would be bigger than six her apartments reached from the marble floor to ceiling, offering a breathtaking view to New York city. The thousands of lights had begun to awaken with the arrival of evening,glorifying the city in its richness.

It was a true real-estate in sky. Never in her life she had seen much more than aged apartment buildings, ran down parks and dark streets you didn't want to visit at night. This was something completely different. Out of a fairytale almost.

"Quit spacing out. If you'll keep your mouth open for any longer, you'll swallow a fly." Layton commented from somewhere behind her. At that moment nothing could ruin her mood that had gone from terrible to fantastic in matter of minutes. Or so she thought. "We're not here for fun. We're here to work. Don't forget that."

"Like you'd let me." Catherine frowned, finally turning to face Layton. He hadn't made a move to explore the suite jet. Instead he stood by the elevator with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I have some business to take care of. You'll stay here. Try not to get yourself in any trouble. And do not leave this hotel room. Did I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir!" Catherine gave a mock salute, flopping down on one of the black leather couches.

Layton didn't give out much of reaction, one last time giving her a warning look before disappearing back into the elevator. The second his cold eyes were no longer on her Cheshire smile crept onto Catherine's face.

It had been way too easy to snatch the keys from him when he was busy with Judy. And she sure as hell would use the newly gained power.

Stay put my ass.New York, here I come!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 75.4K 41
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...
4M 130K 51
"Hey, actually I wanna say something to you" a girl with hazel eyes said nervously. "Yeah" the guy with dark chocolate brown eyes replied. "Actuall...
204K 7.6K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
Bully By x<3

Romance

22.6K 682 26
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── "That's one way to put it. The guy has raging anger issues, constant mood swings and thrives off of tormenting others but still, p...