Dear Nate {Dear #1}

By danamayfield

Alison Collins is in a coma and now Nate has her journal. Nate never expected for Alison's brother to give hi... More

Dear Nate
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 23-

10.8K 542 97
By danamayfield

This chapter is short. But I finally get to reveal what I wanted to ever since an early chapter!

I hope you like this!

Can we get this book up to 5k votes and 1,000 comments soon?! That'd be great!

ALSO: I posted a new book! I will start posting it when this is over. It's a suspense novel with Nina Dobrev and Dylan O'Brien (because they should be together in real life). Please check it out and comment on it if you like it!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE

-DANA

_______________________________

NOT EDITED

_______________________________

“How was your visit with Alison?” Scott asks two days later.

            I smile like an idiot. “It was good. She wasn’t mad at me, which I’m relived about. And she’s going to Northern too.”

            Scott smiles and says, “I’m glad you guys are going to the same college. You can finally have the girl Nate.”

            “Who?” Eliza asks, coming from the bathroom and sitting beside Scott.

            He wraps an arm around her and answers, “The girl Nate has been crazy over for the past two months.”

            Eliza turns to me. “Who is she?”

            “Alison Collins.”

            Eliza perks up. “No way! That’s so cute! I always cheered for you guys ever since I found out she liked you.”

            “You knew too?”

            She nods. “I’m surprised you didn’t. Every time you held the door for her Alison’s face would light up like a Christmas tree.”

            I glare at her. “Why didn’t any of you tell me?”

            “Because you needed to figure out your feelings on your own,” Eliza explains.

            “Yeah right,” I say, leaning back more onto the couch. “Where are Mitch and Pat? We need to start this movie now.”

            Eliza smirks. “Aren’t you antsy? Thinking about a certain lady?” She wiggles her eyebrows.

            I laugh humorlessly. “Aren’t you the funny one.”

            Ten minutes later Mitch and Pat walk through the front door. Pat has a large pizza in his hands and Mitch is carrying pop.

            “I was hungry so I figured I’d get some for all of us,” Pay says, placing the pizza on the coffee table.

            “Awe, that was exactly sweet of you Pat,” Eliza says, taking a can of pop.

            Mitch gives us all a can before sitting down beside me. Scott gets up to get us paper plate for the pizza as Eliza brings out the coasters from the drawer of the coffee table.

            “Neat freak?” Pat asks, smirking.

            Eliza rolls her eyes. “I just don’t want Scott’s mom yelling at him later if there are pop rings on the table.”

            Pat looks at us and places a hand over his heart. “Young love,” he sighs.

            Once everyone is settled and has their pizza we start the movie. It’s some action flick Mitch picked out last time after Eliza made us watch Frozen. The movie isn’t so bad. Pat enjoyed it, to a point where the whole week after watching the movie he was singing the songs at school and at baseball practice.

            “Maybe Alison can join us next time,” Eliza adds after the movie as we’re cleaning up.

            I have to get home so I can help my mom with the cake she’s making my dad since it’s his birthday. As I’m at Scott’s, my parents are having a nice lunch together and probably—knowing them—are spending quality time together.

            “Maybe,” I say, throwing out the pizza box. “Well, I have to go. My mom needs my help on making the cake.”

            “Why doesn’t she just buy one?” Scott asks.

            “Dad likes her baking, especially her cakes,” I answer.

            “Tell your dad we all wish him happy birthday,” Mitch says, jumping up and sitting on the counter.

            I nod. “Will do. I’ll see you guys Saturday?”

            “Yup,” Scott says.

            “Bye Nate!” Pat exclaims from the bathroom.

            My face morphs into disgust.

            “You have to say bye or he’ll complain next time you see him,” Mitch points out.

            I sigh. “Bye Pat!”

            “Goodbye!”

            And I’m out.

__________

            Dad comes down the stairs as Mom’s covering the cake with a top so Dad doesn’t see it until it’s time. The table is set for dinner and Mom made his favorite meal. I’m pouring the drinks when he wraps an arm around my shoulders.

            “Thank you both,” he says. “I really appreciate it.”

            “Of course Dad. We weren’t able to celebrate the last two years with you.”

            I can see Dad’s eyes filling up with tears. “I’m sorry I haven’t been home in a while. I feel horrible.”

            Mom sets the washcloth down and wraps her arms around us. “You’re here now. That’s all that matters.” Mom kisses his cheeks.

            Dad kisses the top of my head before kissing Mom full on the mouth. “I love you guys.”

            Mom smiles, wiping away her own tears. “And we love you.”

            We eat dinner before Mom takes out the cake. Dad is shocked Mom made him his favorite cake. He devours one piece in about five minutes.

            “Thank you,” he says, wiping his mouth with a napkin. “It was delicious.”

            “Oh, I have a gift for you honey,” Mom says, getting up from the table and walking upstairs.

            Dad turns to me and asks, “Do you know what it is?”

            I shrug. “No clue.”

            Mom comes back with a card in her hand. Dad takes it with a thank you. He opens the envelope and reads the card, his eyebrows knitting in confusion. As he flips the card open, his mouth opens.

            “Honey,” he says, looking up at Mom. “Is this true?”

            She nods, smiling happily. “Yes, it is.”

            Dad breaks out a smile before getting up and kissing Mom all over her face. Mom chuckling as he does.

            “I can’t believe it,” Dad says. “When?”

            “About four weeks.”

            “What is going on?” I ask.

            Mom and Dad turn to me.

            “Honey,” Mom says. “I’m pregnant.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 654 28
Sophie knew first hand what it felt like not being able to fit in. She lived with it for most of her life; since her parents died, and she skipped gr...
49.8K 2.2K 30
Riley wasn't her real name. At least, she didn't think it was. All she had left was her amber necklace. Since her accident, she can't remember anythi...
5.1K 779 31
What would it feel like to wake up one day and find out your whole life was a dream? Peyton Comber has been in a coma for three years. But that's not...
621 48 50
[COMPLETED] Book one Sara, a girl Meets Boys, two And Has problems. she Wants To follow, dreams Her Emotion are, numb People Feel for, her But Can sh...