THE HUNGER GAMES. BTS ✓

By HELENAJUNEX

[ COMPLETED ] ━━ ❝ You two look cozy, trying to pull a district twelve? ❞ currently writing book two [✓] Hung... More

──
act one
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen - unedited
chapter fifteen - unedited
chapter sixteen - unedited
chapter seventeen - unedited
chapter eighteen - unedited
chapter nineteen - unedited
chapter twenty - unedited
chapter twenty one - unedited
chapter twenty two - unedited
chapter twenty three - unedited
chapter twenty four - unedited
chapter tweny five - unedited
chapter twenty six - unedited
chapter twenty seven - unedited
chapter twenty eight - unedited
chapter twenty nine - unedited
chapter thirty - unedited
chapter thirty one - unedited
chapter thirty two - unedited
chapter thirty three - unedited
chapter thirty four - unedited
chapter thirty five - unedited
chapter thirty six - unedited
chapter thirty seven - unedited
chapter thirty eight - unedited
chapter thirty nine - unedited
chapter forty - unedited
chapter forty one - unedited
chapter forty two - unedited
chapter forty three - unedited
chapter forty four - unedited
district thirteen
──
act two
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight

chapter ten

6.9K 350 113
By HELENAJUNEX

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄
━━━━┅━━━
CHAPTER TEN
The First Day Of Training
━━━━┅━━━

KANG Y/N

I hurled out the remainder of my stomach into the toilet. Despite the circumstances, I was trying my very best to be quiet. No one had to witness me emptying my stomach in the early hours of the morning.

Dinner hadn't sat well with me and I was suffering the consequences now.

Part of me knew that I should have listened to Jungkook as he had told me not to overeat, but at the time, the food had been practically been begging me to eat more and more.

Sehun had also encouraged me to eat more since he wanted me to gain some weight for the arena. Tzuyu had given Sehun a rare smile before turning back to her notes.

Another reason why I didn't listen to Jungkook was that I was mad at him. Or, maybe, irked by him. All in all, I was confused and I knew that part of it was his fault.

He wouldn't tell me what his arguments were about and I was a curious person. Weren't we supposed to be allies? Weren't we supposed to be friends?

I was also hurt, hurt because Kim Taehyung had made me realize the truth. Only one of us was going to get out alive.

This thought wouldn't leave me alone, it haunted me.

Only one of us was going to come out alive. Or, none of us.

Jungkook probably knew this and he was probably aware that he would have to either kill me or watch me be killed. Knowing this hurt, but sometimes the truth hurts more than the lie.

I was afraid that he was planning to kill me, planning to eliminate someone he thought to be an easy competitor. And maybe I was an easy competitor, but I was determined not to be killed by him.

If someone was going to kill me, I would put up a good fight and whoever it was wouldn't be Jungkook.

So, as soon as I finished emptying my stomach, I showered and got ready for training. Of course, I took extra care with my teeth and complexion so no one would notice that I had been sick.

When I finished, I walked outside of the bathroom with a new sense of determination shining in my eyes.

Jungkook was already waiting for me, he explained that they already had breakfast and that I should be quick about eating.

Somehow, he had managed to make me feel stupid. Breakfast wasn't about Breakfast, it was about strategies. But I suppose we already knew what we should do.

I didn't answer Jungkook or even look at him as I took a small green apple, walking outside where the elevator was waiting for us.

"I know you're mad at me, but I promise you, this will all make sense soon," Jungkook vowed as we stepped into the elevator. Rolling my eyes, I pretended to observe my nails like some of the people in the Capital did.

At the same time, I felt mad, why was he acting so daft now?

What was actually supposed to be ignoring him for at least the reminder of that today, was cut short by my temper.

"Huh? When will it make sense? In the arena? After the arena?!" I raised my voice at him, trying to portray how mad I really was. While it didn't work as well as I wanted it to (my voice sounded kinda high because of the throwing up), it did showcase that I was not messing around.

Jungkook shushed me with a glare as the door opened and an unfamiliar figure with white hair walked inside the elevator. He immediately received a glare from me as well.

Two could play that game. And besides, I had practiced my glares. Not for nothing, thankfully.

Our conversation immediately stopped, Jungkook started staring into the distance and I started observing the Newcomer who seemed to immersed in his paperwork to notice us.

He was young, probably nineteen or eighteen, but he wasn't a tribute. I would have recognized him immediately if he was.

He was from the capital, that much was clear, but just like with Kai, he would have looked attractive to anyone. Unlike most capital people, he wasn't dressed crazily.

Nor had he decorated his body in a peculiar manner.

His hair was bleached white, his eyes were gray, his lips were full and pouty and his expression was somewhat terrifying. As if he was about to kill someone.

Directing my eyes to the floor once again, I gulped. Meeting new people here was absolutely terrifying, there was no doubt about it.

When the door opened, the man snapped out of his stupor and sent us a nasty glare, one that made me shrink slightly.

Seeing my state of fear, Jungkook, despite everything, placed his hand on my arm, trying to calmly. Although I wouldn't admit it, I was a bit grateful for his presence.

But that didn't mean I would trust him again. No, I would not be as naive as before. Not anymore.

We joined the other tributes cautiously.

"You're the district eleven tributes, right? You should not be late," the white-haired man stated coldly and went over to the other tributes who were already waiting for the trainer to appear.

Ah... the white-haired man is the trainer, probably not a good idea to get on his bad side.

"In two weeks, 23 of you will be dead. One of you will be alive. Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days, particularly to what I'm about to say. First, no fighting with the other tributes. You'll have plenty of time for that in the arena. There are four compulsory exercises and then the rest will be individual training. My advice is don't ignore the survival skill. Everyone wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die of natural causes. 10% from infection, 20% from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife." The white-haired man explained while I tried to take in everything.

Weapons were not my thing, survival in natural habitats was.

Dehydration was a fate easily avoidable with the right knowledge and availability of plants.

So far in almost all of the games, the tributes dying of thirst walked past their saving grace.

Water was to be found in almost all plants and if you knew how to harvest it, your life might be saved.

Infection also wasn't a problem if they had my plants available and something told me that there were going to be enough plants this year.

At first, my biggest fear was the cold, since I didn't know any plants for that, but Nana, the caretaker of the orphan taught me how to recognize plants that were able to produce heat.

Plants like sacred the sacred lotus, the Helicodiceros or the eastern skunk cabbage.

But would I be able to find all these plants? Probably not, but I knew my knowledge of plants was advanced enough compared to my knowledge of weapons.

Jungkook nudged me in the direction of the plant recognition station.

"You go there Y/n, if you know your plants well, you'll be better off. I'll be able to protect you with weapons." Jungkook said seriously and when we locked eyes, I truly wanted to believe that he would protect me.

I was just fifteen, well, sixteen really, and I didn't want all of this...

I felt tears threatening to come out of my eyes, Jungkook was already planning to off me.

"You learn about plants, I'll protect us with weapons." I spat into his face and walked away to the hand to hand combat section.

The trainer at this station was none other than the white-haired man.

Wasn't he the head trainer or something?

"That was headstrong and not as dumb as I would have expected from someone like you," the trainer noted and I gasped quietly. He had been listening to our conversation.

I ignored the 'someone like you' comment.

"Don't look surprised, I wasn't the only one intrigued by your conversation," the man laughed off, pointing at something behind my back.

I looked back and found Seokjin, Taehyung, and Jungkook all huddled together and the older ones seemed to be scolding them.

"Is he... in an alliance with them?" I didn't know why I decided to ask a stranger, who probably knew nothing of this matter, but I just did.

I also didn't regret it when I heard his answer.

"Well that much is obvious, the question is where you stand for him," the young man observed thoughtfully.

"I'm Bambam," he added his introduction and I just nodded, too caught up in what he had said.

Where did I stand for Jungkook?

After a moment, I realized my mistake. "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you?"

It sounded more like a question than anything else. Thankfully, BamBam didn't seem to mind all that much.

He just continued watching me, observing me closely. Then, he shook his head and there was suddenly a twinkle in his eyes.

"Alright then, Y/n. I'll help you."

Help me? With what?

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2K 35
I didn't mean to fall in love but you made it so easy. ------------------- Taehyung x Reader AU Started: February 25, 2018 Ended: April 4, 2018 ©icri...
21.5K 169 11
-Mini one-shots of BTS (why not😌) -Do not read if you're uncomfy with it -To my beloved thirsty readers: enjoy and grab your hobi water 'cause you n...
871K 33.9K 21
❝I swear she's the only person that can make me stay sane even though I'm insanely in love with her.❞ ══════ •◦ ❉ ◦• ══════ ➺ MAFIA AU >>> BOOK 1 ➺ m...
190K 8.6K 27
Book II for 'You read fanfics about me?' one shot. "When we first met,I had no idea you would be so important to me" "Everyone say...