THE HUNGER GAMES. BTS ✓

By HELENAJUNEX

[ COMPLETED ] ━━ ❝ You two look cozy, trying to pull a district twelve? ❞ currently writing book two [✓] Hung... More

──
act one
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen - unedited
chapter fifteen - unedited
chapter sixteen - unedited
chapter seventeen - unedited
chapter eighteen - unedited
chapter nineteen - unedited
chapter twenty - unedited
chapter twenty one - unedited
chapter twenty two - unedited
chapter twenty three - unedited
chapter twenty four - unedited
chapter tweny five - unedited
chapter twenty six - unedited
chapter twenty seven - unedited
chapter twenty eight - unedited
chapter twenty nine - unedited
chapter thirty - unedited
chapter thirty one - unedited
chapter thirty two - unedited
chapter thirty three - unedited
chapter thirty four - unedited
chapter thirty five - unedited
chapter thirty six - unedited
chapter thirty seven - unedited
chapter thirty eight - unedited
chapter thirty nine - unedited
chapter forty - unedited
chapter forty one - unedited
chapter forty two - unedited
chapter forty three - unedited
chapter forty four - unedited
district thirteen
──
act two
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight

chapter eight

7.5K 321 207
By HELENAJUNEX

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄
━━━━┅━━━
CHAPTER EIGHT
The Strategy
━━━━┅━━━

KANG Y/N

Jungkook looked absolutely handsome and I couldn't stop staring for about a whole minute. He seemed to be staring at me too, so it wasn't that embarrassing.

Actually, it was, but never mind that. I just told myself that it wasn't because these days, I tended to imagine things a lot in order to escape from the reality at hand.

He was wearing a suit that was decorated with flowers, his skin looked pale and shiny, they had applied light makeup and it made him look very dashing and his hair was styled and dyed a light blond. All in all, we looked like a perfect duo, hopefully, one that would install fear into the hearts of our competitors.

My imagination was running wild again...

What would Jisung and Mark think of me now?

"Are you thinking about your brother?" The abrupt question coming from Jungkook jolted me out of my thoughts. I sent him a sheepish smile in return.

"Yeah...What will he and Mark think of me? Jisung is the only person I truly love and Mark is my only friend. What will they think?" I asked sadly, would they be ashamed? It hadn't taken me very long to change into a capital doll, only a couple of days even, would they think me weak for that?

Or desperate?

Or would they think that I was a capital brat?

A shudder ran down my spine at the mere thought of them being disgusted with me.

"Stop, they're probably very proud that you're doing everything to win. And Mark isn't your only friend, I'm also your friend." Jungkook looked serious so I nodded along to what he was saying.

Jisung would be proud. Mark would be proud.
And Jungkook is proud.

"We're friends?" I asked timidly and even I wanted to facepalm at how stupid my question sounded. Sometimes I just couldn't help it, I was a shy person and Jungkook was very, well, straightforward.

Not at all like Mark in any way.

"We're Friends and what might be more important, I'm going to protect you in the arena." He stated firmly, a small smile gracing his features, and I knew nothing I said was going to convince him otherwise.

But I was never one to give up easily. Just as I was about to say something about us being allies, someone approached us.

"Yeah you two have one hell of a chance of bringing a victor home to district eleven, but only if you manage to get to the parade before it starts." The slightly angry voice of Tzu-yu startled both of us out of our stupors. Her tone was also sarcastic and for a moment I wondered if I had angered her.

I probably let that show on my face, because she sent me a wink a second later. Reassured, I let out a sigh which caused Jungkook to roll his eyes good-naturedly.

She gestured towards the room where the other tributes were located in.

Please no.

"I want you two to split up, Jungkook make friends. Y/n stay by the carriage and look as beautiful as you do," Tzu-yu instructed and I nodded, I was already aware of my strategy. Even though I wasn't exactly thrilled with it.

"Why can't she come with me?" Jungkook asked suspiciously, taking one step towards Tzu-yu. Of course, I sent him a warning glare.

"Watch it, Jungkook. We wouldn't want to be careless now, would we?" Tzu-yu spoke in a deadly voice, her eyes flashing.

Where was Sehun whole all of this was happening? Probably drinking his bubble tea.

"Why do you two hate-"

"Well, Tzu-yu-ssi?" Jungkook prompted, cutting me off and glaring at Tzu-Yu. His fingers were clenching at his sides and he didn't look harmless at all. No, he looked almost ready for the arena with that expression of his.

"I'm going to be honest. Jungkook, you have the biggest chance of winning, but I don't like you. So, I'll make sure Y/n wins," Tzu-yu spat at the younger boy, glaring back with just as much contempt.

When did they start hating each other?

I just kept quiet, awkwardly watching the interaction while feelings of dread started creeping up on me.

What was going on?

Jungkook was about to say something, but Tzu-yu beat him to it. Elegantly, might I add.

"I have a strategy completely figured out already and she's willing to stick with it. You stick with your strategy, don't drag Y/n down with you." The woman lectured before turning on her heels and leaving, probably going to look for Sehun. She didn't spare me a glance but I still whispered a pathetic bye as she stalked away.

Jungkook sighed and looked at me with an apologetic smile, but he was still clenching his fists.

"What's your strategy?" I asked calmly, but I was actually really curious. I didn't want to be part of whatever he was doing, I trusted Tzuyu too much for that, but Jungkook was my friend now.

"Never you mind, but if you say the word, I'll help you. But I suppose it doesn't matter, you'd want to go with your 'unnie's' strategy." Jungkook let out a small laugh toward the end, but it sounded bitter. And his face scrunched up as if he had bitten into a lemon.

"Sorry Jungkook, not that I don't trust you... it's just I trust in her strategy." I tried to explain, but he didn't seem to hurt by my rejection. He waved me off, no longer seeming interested in the topic.

"It's okay, but let's get going." In fact, he seemed determined not to bring it up again as we made our way to the other tributes.

The two of us walked to the hall, where the other tributes were standing by their grand carriages.

None of them were mingling with the crowd and as soon as Jungkook and I arrived, all eyes were on us. Judging and analyzing us.

"Maybe it's not a good time for me to make friends," The older boy jokingly whispered into my ear as he looked around at the glaring figures. I giggled quietly watching as Jungkook glared right back with no fear in his eyes.

"Yeah, just stay with me," I advised as we made it to our completely black horses. They really were beautiful creatures, strong and even in captivity, regal.

Jungkook and I didn't exchange a word and it seemed like the other tributes were also deathly silent. We were waiting, waiting for something to happen.

There were my five biggest contestants, along with Jungkook, I thought as I observed the boys from districts one, two, three, four and twelve.

Kim Seokjin

Min Yoongi

Jung Hoseok

Park Jimin

Kim Taehyung

Then, the music started and we were instructed to get on our carriages. I was startled and if Jungkook hadn't steadied me, I was sure that I would have embarrassed myself.

I whispered thank you as we watched the first carriage take off. The first ones to drive off with the carriages were Jin and Jihal.

Both of them were wearing clothes that looked super expensive to represent district one.

The male, Jin was wearing a white shirt and over it, a black jacket sprinkled with diamonds to represent wealth. Something about him made you want to bow down.

Jihal was wearing tight clothes with gold accessories here and there. Something about her made you want to kiss her feet.

They looked like a king and a queen, showing off for their kingdom and I knew that the two of them were going to be trouble.

Next were Min Yoongi and Song Xiomi and as expected, both of them looked stunning. While Seokjin and Jihal had seemed like a team, Yoongi and Xiomi emitted an aura of freedom and independence.

Both of them were wearing tough leather jackets that were decorated with knives and weapons. So similar, yet different at the same time.

It was typical district two, nowadays they would give their tributes more of a 'tough fighter' image, rather than a 'glorious gladiator' image.

If their appearance told me anything about their skills, then Jungkook and I were screwed.

Well, actually just me, because Jungkook almost looked to be just as intimidating as them.

Then, came Jung Hoseok and the girl that had been crying, Lee Hana.

The two of them were sporting a super futuristic style and it just screamed smart and intelligent

But with the glare that Jung Hoseok had on his face, it also made the two of them extremely threatening.

Their futuristic clothes were supposed to represent technology and show that they were much more evolved. More evolved than the rest of us.

After that, it was Park Jimin and Kim Jennie and their style just screamed typical district four. The fishing district.

Park Jimin, for one thing, was completely doused in water and I noticed what a good idea that was as the audience would get to see his muscles. They were definitely something to look at.

Nevertheless, I looked away.

Their stylist was definitely something, I thought because Jennie had on a stunning ensemble as well.

She was like a vixen, with her beautiful visuals and stunning blue clothing. The red lipstick sold the look even more. There was something about her that made her so very different.

Not in a good way and not in a bad way. Maybe in a sad way as she seemed to be the only one not fighting for her survival.

As the other tributes all continued I leave us, I couldn't concentrate on anyone anymore. Jennie and the thought of riding out into the awaiting crowd occupied my mind.

My mind was just anticipating when Jungkook and I would ride through to the crowd.

Shyly, I sent a Jungkook a glance, only to find that he was already looking at me with a look I couldn't quite decipher.

I gulped nervously.

. ˚◞♡   ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 50.9K 193
This book is just gonna be text messages between BTS and you!! •Group Chats •Each Individual Member •Other group cameos(?) SORRY FOR ANY SPELLING OR...
502K 10.2K 41
just some fluffy stuff :) here to kill you softly. in which you are your bias's loved one. book is complete&closed permanently 💞 under some final...
9.5K 410 36
As a princess living a sheltered life, family ties have been a little off. One day, an elven prince comes to visit and dangerous events begin to unfo...
7.2K 123 20
Just a few BTS x Reader one shots💜 Mostly fluff😊 and angst😖 All stories are original please dont copy 🤧 P.S. I don't do smuts😶 I update whenever...