I'm Here For You (Bakugou x V...

Від Rainbend

[Bakugou Katsuki x Villain!Reader] The last time Bakugou saw his childhood friend, (Full Name) was at the pla... Більше

Prologue
Remembrance
Encounter
Reunion
Forgiveness
Promise
Believe
Company
Proud
Exam
Fallen
Home
Summer
Special: Halloween
Camp
Confession
Betrayal
Ambush
Alive
Special: Christmas
Goodbye
Future
Past
Dorm
Here
Epilogue
Thank You!
A/N

Path

14.4K 393 1K
Від Rainbend

Chapter 8

Since UA gave their students two days off from school and you spent your first day off with Bakugou, you decided to spend your second day lounging around in your dorm – doing nothing much.

Just like that, two days flew past and you were back in class with school resuming as per normal.

After not seeing each other for the past two days, the students of Class 1-A was buzzing with energy as they shared about their encounters with the citizens on their way to school.

Some of them were being praised for clinching the top spots with their quirks while others were told that it was alright even if they didn't win anything because they did their best. Your classmates were excited at the fact that so many people recognized them because of their matches being broadcasted on national television.

As usual, you couldn't be bothered since it didn't concern you considering you weren't at the sports festival that meant you were out of the media sight which was fine by you. You would like to remain as much of a low profile as possible.

After all, it wouldn't be great for your villain career if the public recognized your face.

The class door suddenly slid open, revealing Class 1-A homeroom teacher – Aizawa. The sound of footsteps could be heard as everyone scrambled back to their seats, facing the front of the class.

"Morning." The black-haired male greeted his students.

"Good morning!" The students greeted back.

Your face held a bored look as your propped-up handheld your head in your palm, already starting to zone out. Tsuyu, your froggy classmate, noticed that her teacher was no longer wrapped in bandages from head to toe.

"Aizawa-sensei, your bandages are gone. I'm glad."

Lifting your head slightly to take a look out of curiosity, you realized that the green-haired girl was right. Your eyes narrowed when you saw a scar underneath the pro hero's left eye.

Must be from when the Nomu was attacking him. You absentmindedly thought to yourself.

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment." Eraser Head scratched his face and roughly explained before jumping straight into more important things. "More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today."

Immediately, everyone in the class tensed up at their teacher's words while you rolled your eyes, wishing you were anywhere but in the class right now. Learning anything related to hero stuff wasn't exactly your cup of tea since you're a villain.

But it was not like you had a choice, so you barely paid attention as Aizawa spoke up again.

"Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names."

"We're gonna do something exciting!" Your classmates cheered, excited grins written all over their faces.

Meanwhile, you were the complete opposite of your classmates and let out a tired sigh, as though saying 'Can I not be here?'.

Aizawa's eyes flashed red like they usually do when his quirk was activated, his long black hair flying upwards. Everyone settled down in their seats quickly and shut their mouths, not wanting to anger their teacher.

His appearance returned to its original self and his hair flowed back down, lying messily on his shoulder as Aizawa went more into details. "This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years..."

You immediately droned out what your teacher was saying, eyes half-lidded as you focused on trying not to fall asleep out of boredom. You were almost on your way to dreamland when the classroom door slid opened and you were woken up by a female voice.

"...you'll have hell to pay later!"

The boys of Class 1-A perked up, their cheeks flushed a light pink when they saw who had entered their classroom.

"Because a lot of hero names used by students become recognized by society, and they end up becoming professional hero names!"

"Midnight!" The name of the R-Rated hero rang throughout the class as the female teacher walked in and stood next to her colleague.

Aizawa addressed his class and explained the purpose of Midnight's presence in the class. "Midnight will be making sure your names are okay. I can't do stuff like that. When you give yourself a name, you get a more concrete image of what you want to be like in the future, and you can get closer to it."

With that he retrieved his yellow sleeping bag from beneath the podium and wiggled into it, zipping it all the way up to his chin, resembling a yellow caterpillar. Soon, he was snoring away.

Boards and markers were handed out to the students for them to write down their desired hero names once they had given some thought to it. You stared at the blank board sitting on your desk, tapping the marker against your cheek.

Hero name? But I'm a villain so there isn't a need for me to participate right? You asked yourself before raising your hand to get Midnight's attention.

"Yes?"

"Can I not participate in this? I'm a villain so coming up with a hero name for myself makes no sense whatsoever."

One of your classmates, Uraraka turned to face you, a surprised look on her face. "But I thought by you being here at UA High and in the hero course meant that you're leaving your status as a villain behind and focusing on becoming a hero?"

At this point, every single pair of eyes were on you and wondered what your reply would be. You didn't answer the brunette immediately as you glanced around the class before landing on a familiar pair of red eyes.

Steely eyes were devoid of emotions as you stared deep into Bakugou, his eyes just the tiniest bit widened as he waited for your answer. You could see the small glint of hope in him, thinking maybe that you would choose a different path from the one you were currently walking.

However, you knew the truth would destroy his expectations, the small flames of hope extinguished as easily as a snap of a finger.

Your gaze remained as you replied to the question that everyone had on their minds. "You may desire to pursue a path that sheds light onto society, but I choose a path that commits to destroy everything and anything that comes in its way."

Once you finished, you tore your eyes away from Bakugou because you didn't want to see his reaction. You ducked your head, your hair acting as a veil as it hid your face from your classmates.

Silence swept throughout the class, but it wasn't the awkward or comfortable kind. A dark mood had fallen over everyone as their eyes widened tenfold, completely taken aback by your words.

All along they had thought wrongly about you and simply assumed that you were turning over a new leaf by joining their class to become the opposite of what you were now.

Noticing the tension in the air, Midnight tried to break it by forcing a smile onto her face and keeping her tone light and airy as she spoke up. "Okay, let's start presenting names starting with those who are ready."

And it worked like a charm as everyone tore their attention away from you, shocked that they had to present their names to the entire class. Soon what transpired with you beforehand was forgotten for the time being.

While others were panicking, there were a few who were excited to share their hero names with everyone else. One such example would be Aoyama who stood up and made his way to the front of the class.

All eyes were on him as he slowly lifted his paper to reveal his hero name.

"Here I go...'Shining Hero: I cannot stop twinkling'! Which means, you can't stop my sparkles!"

Jaws dropped as the blonde lifted his board into the air to reveal his hero name, sparkles appearing out of nowhere and surrounded the board.

It's a sentence!

Midnight took the board from Aoyama and begun to make changes to the name. "It'll be easier to use if you take out the 'I' and shorten the 'cannot' to 'can't'."

The navy blue-haired hero showed the class the new name which read "can't stop twinkling" and Aoyama happily agreed with the new change, feeling satisfied with it. This went on until Tsuyu took her board with her, standing at the front of the podium.

"I've had this in mind ever since I was in elementary school." She informed the class before showing her board. "Rainy Season Hero: Froppy."

"Froppy! Froppy! Froppy!"

Class 1-A broke out into a cheer, chanting Tsuyu's hero name – glad that it was a name that sounded normal for once.

One by one, a student went up to the front of the classroom and presented their chosen hero name to the class. Everyone was getting riled up with excitement as Midnight approved at every name that was being shown.

You didn't want to spoil the fun atmosphere like before, so you remained quiet and watched your classmate with a small smile. You perked up when you noticed a certain blonde with spiky hair who made his way to the front.

You were curious to know what sort of hero name Bakugou had given himself.

"King Explosion Murder." Bakugou read out his name, his eyes narrowed into their usual glare as he scowled, showing off his shark-like teeth.

You blinked once, twice before bursting out into laughter along with the rest of your classmates at how stupid his name sounded, but it fitted him.

Soon, everyone had presented their hero names all but one. The students turned their heads to you who was staring at the board, your face blank.

Midnight glanced in your direction and hesitantly called out your name. "(L/N), will you be sharing with the rest of the class?"

You didn't answer your teacher as you pushed back your chair and stood up, taking your board with you to the front of the classroom. You knew that all eyes were on you, but the one that stood out was none other than Bakugou.

You could feel his eyes boring into you, filled with questions that he wanted to ask you but not in a room full of people. Taking a deep breath to calm yourself down, you lifted your head and fixed your eyes at the class, resisting to look at Bakugou.

"If I'm a hero, this is the name that I'll go with." You lifted your board, revealing the name that was written in black ink. "Nature hero: Gaia."

No one said anything as you returned to your seat and placed your board face down and looked out of the window.

The bell rang, indicating that it was lunch period but before the students were being dismissed, Aizawa, who had woken up and feeling much refreshed, addressed the class regarding their internships that were coming up.

"Now that everyone's decided on their hero names, we'll go back to talking about the internships. They'll last for a week. As for where you'll have them, those who had offers from pros will be given your own lists so you can choose from those yourself."

Aizawa explained and lifted a paper from the stack in his hand to demonstrate his point. "Those who didn't have offers will choose from among forty agencies around the country that will be accepting our interns. They all work in different places and have different specialities."

Midnight inputted her own comments and gave an example to explain things clearly. "For example, Thirteen would be focused on rescues from accidents and disasters more than fighting villains."

"Think carefully before you choose." Aizawa reminded.

"Yes, sir!"

The class was dismissed, and the papers were handed out to the students. Some of them already knew where they wanted to intern while others were still unsure.

"Turn in your choices before the weekend."

"We've only got two days?!"

"Make your decision efficiently. Dismissed!"

With that, Class 1-A's teacher left the classroom with Midnight who bid farewell to the students before leaving as well.

While everyone was busy discussing with one another on what were the possible hero agencies they could intern at, you were approached by your childhood friend. Your eyes remained on the outside view, your voice monotoned. "I know what you're gonna say, but nothing you say can change my mind."

Bakugou opened his mouth to reply when he saw a few curious stares looking in your direction. Shutting his mouth, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you to your feet.

(E/C) eyes widened in surprise and you protested as the blonde dragged you to the classroom door. "Katsuki-kun! What's the meaning of this?!"

Bakugou slid the door opened and slamming it shut behind him. He hissed through gritted teeth. "Shut the f*ck up and just follow me."

You kept quiet and allowed Bakugou to drag you to somewhere quieter and emptier so that no one would be able to eavesdrop on both your conversation. You mentally sighed, knowing that the blonde was going to talk you about what you said earlier on even if you wanted to avoid it.

After a few twists and turns, the two of you arrived at an empty classroom. Bakugou released you and opened the door, entering. You followed after him while rubbing your sore wrist, just realizing that he had a very tight hold on you on the way here.

You closed the door gently behind you before facing Bakugou who was leaning against the wall, his arms folded across his chest. Even though his face was blank, you knew that he was barely holding back his anger from the way how tense his jaws were.

Neither of you moved or talked, only the ticking sound of the clock could be heard. You swallowed the lump in your throat, feeling hot and stuffy all of a sudden. There was a tension in the air and it was so quiet that you could have heard a pin dropped.

Not able to take it anymore, you were the first one between you and him to break the silence. "There's no one else here besides you and me, so talk."

You shuddered when Bakugou's eyes snapped open, red blood eyes staring into your soul. Other than that, he didn't move at all and simply kept looking at you.

It felt like an eternity passed before he opened his mouth and spoke. "Just now back in class when we were choosing our hero names, you said something about 'a path that commits to destroy everything and anything that comes in its way'. What do you mean by that?"

"I know you know exactly what I meant, Katsuki-kun." You replied softly.

That wasn't the answer that Bakugou wanted to hear because he unfolded his arms and stalked up towards you, his eyes flaming. You stepped backwards only for your back to hit the wall with no way out.

You gulped and tried to bring your eyes to look at Bakugou, but you couldn't. For the first time, you felt a flicker of fear licking at your spine, causing your heart to want to claw its way out of your chest.

"Look at me."

Whimpering at the growl in his voice, you forced yourself to meet eyes with Bakugou even if your instincts were screaming at you. You felt like a deer caught in the headlight when you finally locked eyes with the blonde.

There were plenty of times when he had been so angry to the point where he wanted to blow things up and this was one of them. When you told the class that you would choose to stay on the path of a villain rather than turning over a new leaf and become a hero like them, he could feel the fury burning deep within his core.

However, he couldn't bring himself to blame you because it wasn't your fault for being a villain. He bet that your brain had been manipulated and influenced to the point you shared the same pure hatred all villains have towards heroes.

Rather he was mad at the people who did this to you, the very same group of people who attacked his class had tainted your mind and tarnished the innocence that you once had was now gone.

There was no denying that one day you would return to the villain side and it broke his heart knowing that someday he would have to fight you – hero against the villain.

Bakugou didn't want a future with you like that. He wanted a future with you by his side, instead of against him. Old feelings that he had buried a long time ago begun to surface again which left him more confused than ever.

However, one thing was clear to him and it was the strong desire to bring you back to his side.

You noticed how quiet Bakugou had become and saw the different emotions flashing through his eyes. It was happening so fast that you couldn't catch any of it at all, but you felt the heavy weight of it all despite that.

"Katsuki-kun, are you okay?" You whispered in fear of breaking the raw atmosphere between you two.

The blonde snapped out his inner musings, his eyes returning to their usual self. They softened considerably when he stared into (e/c) orbs filled with concern and confusion at the same time.

Bakugou sighed and brought his head to rest them on your shoulder, his voice muffled by your uniform. "I can't lose you again, not when I just got you back."

You were puzzled by his words, but you felt the gravity of his fear and your face softened at that thought. Your right hand reached up to his head, carding your fingers through his soft hair.

Bakugou nuzzled his face into your neck, his rigid body relaxing at your ministrations. Your eyes were fixed on the ceiling, humming, "I'm here right now, so why are you still afraid you'll lose me?"

Your childhood friend didn't reply straight away, but when he did, there was a hint of insecurity in his tone. "You straight up just told the entire class that you rather continue being a villain than a hero. This means that one day you may go back to their side and I don't want that to come true."

Your lips were curled into a smile into that didn't quite reach your eyes. "Katsuki-kun, you know that it's inevitable. Once a villain, always a villain."

Bakugou lifted his head to look you in the eye, his face expressing his desperateness as he held you by the shoulders. "That's not true! You can always choose to become a hero then I don't have to worry about fighting against you in the future!"

You shook your head at his ridiculous idea and answered, "Why will I choose to be a hero when it's the villains who saved me from death?"

Bakugou was taken aback by your words, his brow furrowed in confusion. "Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"That's a story for another day. I'll tell you when I'm ready, alright?" You crooned. "For now, just let me enjoy this moment when I still have the chance."

Bakugou refused to believe your words and brought you to a tight hug, sniffling as he tried to hold in his tears. "I vow to bring you back to my side, no matter what it takes."

You didn't reply and simply wrapped your arms around the blonde's broad shoulders as he cried into your shoulders. It pained your heart to see Bakugou, someone usually so prideful brought down to this state, wearing his heart on his sleeves.

You knew that you were the only person that he would choose to be vulnerable in front of because he trusted you. Sadly, you couldn't bring yourself to do the same.

So, instead of talking about a future that neither of you hoped for, you chose to embrace the present where the two of you weren't classified by your status as a hero or a villain but just two teenagers who cared so deeply for each other that it hurts them when the other is in pain.

I'm sorry Katsuki-kun, but I've already made up my mind about walking a different path from yours.

***

It was the day before Class 1-A's internship and you were at the train station along with Aizawa to see your classmates off. Since it wasn't compulsory for you to be interning at a hero agency considering your status as a villain, you were to stay back at UA High and helped your teacher while everyone else would be off to different parts of Japan for their one-week internship.

"You all have your costumes, right? Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything." Aizawa instructed his students.

"Yessir!" Ashido cheerfully agreed, lifting her costume suitcase into the air while doing so.

"Speak clearly! It's 'yes, sir', Ashido." Eraser Head told the alien girl off.

"Yes, sir..."

He focused on the rest of his students and reminded them of a few more things before letting them off. "Make sure you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships! Off with you, now!"

With that, everyone dispersed and headed off to their respective terminals to board the trains that would bring them to the city where they would be interning at. You bid farewell to Midoriya and Uraraka, wishing them luck for their internships before they ran after Iida who had been acting off for the past few days.

"Dipshit."

Turning around to face the owner of the voice, you saw Bakugou standing a few feet away from you. His face set into its usual scowl, his right hand carrying his case that contained his hero costume.

"Katsuki-kun, how many times do I have to tell you I have a name?" You teasingly asked while the boy scoffed.

Chuckling, you closed the remaining distance between you two. You glanced up at Bakugou with a small smile on your face, your head tilted to the side. "So, I guess this is where we say goodbye."

The blonde rolled his eyes at your words and poked your forehead with a finger. "Stop being such a drama queen. This isn't some f*cking anime where I leave for good and you won't see me anymore. I'll be gone just for a week."

You pouted while you rubbed your forehead. "I'm just kidding. You're no fun."

Bakugou was about to reply when an announcement was made, informing the two of you that his train was about to arrive. The blonde glanced down at you looking at him questioningly.

He mulled over his words, thinking of what to say when you stood on tippy toes and placed a chaste kiss on his right cheek. The boy froze at your action, his face reddening as his gaze remained on you.

Your lips were curled into a shy smile, your cheeks flushed a light pink. "You should probably get going, your train's about to arrive. I'll see you in a week and I wish you all the best."

You didn't wait for Bakugou's reply since you were too embarrassed by what you did and wanted to scurry away. So, you turned your back on him and was about to head over to where Aizawa was waiting for you when you were pulled into sturdy arms.

Blinking owlishly at the sudden action, you were trapped in Bakugou's hold as he tightened his hold on you and buried his face into your hair, locking your scent into his mind.

"I'm gonna miss you." He mumbled.

You let out a small laugh and leaned your head against his chest, finding comfort in his strong heartbeat. "It's only a week, Katsuki-kun. You won't be gone forever so you'll be fine."

"But still!"

Shaking your head at his protest, you smiled. "I'll be here, waiting for you when you come back, okay? So, go out there and do your best."

He released you and held you by the shoulders, committing your features to memory before letting go and picking up his suitcase off the floor. "I guess I'll see you in a week then."

Butterflies fluttered in your stomach when Bakugou gave you one of his rare smiles, nodding your head at his words. "See you."

Both of you exchanged one last hug, bidding each other farewell. You watched Bakugou's back as he headed to his terminal until he was no longer in sight, swallowed up by the crowd then did you leave.

Soon, the station was devoid of your classmates and only you and your teacher were left, making your way back to school.

You tilted your head upwards and looked up at the clear blue sky, a small smile on your face. You thought you would be worried about your friend, but you knew that he was going to be just fine.

After all, it's Bakugou and he can do anything he sets his mind to.

***

Third POV

Somewhere in the shadier parts of the city stood an abandoned building, or at least that was what it looked like on the outside. But in actuality, it was occupied by two people – a man with light blue hair and a purple mist being with two yellow slants as eyes.

Tomura Shigaraki was playing with a shot glass, careful to not touch it with all five of his fingers, otherwise, the glass would disintegrate in his hand thanks to his quirk. Meanwhile, Kurogiri, his accomplice was wiping down the already spotless countertop.

They were seemingly waiting for something to happen.

Suddenly, Tomura turned his attention to the purple mist. "Kurogiri, do you think it's about time we contact them?"

The warp being looked at the leader of the League of Villains, his tone of slight interest as he replied. "We should. After all, it's been almost a month and I'm sure they settle in by now.

Tomura nodded his head in agreement. "Alright then, please give me your mobile phone. I need to make an important call."

"Of course."

Kurogiri handed a sleek, black device to the younger male. Tomura keyed in a phone number by heart and placed it near his ear, the familiar dial tone ringing.

It rang once, twice before the person on the other line picked up their phone.

"Hello, who's this?"

"It's me," Tomura replied.

"Well, it's about high time you call me. I've been waiting for quite a while."

The light blue-haired could practically hear the smirk in the person's voice. However, his tone remained the same as he got down to business. "Did you manage to do what I ask of you?"

"Of course, what do you take me for?" The person scoffed at his words before continuing. "It took a while, but I manage to have our target wrap around my fingers."

The corners of his mouth lifted into a small smirk. "Good job."

"Is there anything else you wanna tell me? I need to go soon."

Tomura and Kurogiri exchanged looks, passing a silent message between them both before he answered. "There's nothing else. Just continue with what you are doing."

"Anything for you, boss."

With that, the call ended, and the line went dead. Tomura placed the phone down on the counter and slid it across to Kurogiri who caught it and kept it away.

"So, what now?" Kurogiri questioned.

"Now, we wait," Tomura answered cryptically, returning to what he was doing before making the call – playing the shot glass.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

287K 8.8K 44
(bakugou katsuki x villain!reader) MAIN STORY COMPLETE "They're just cards. So why do they hold so much meaning" Please don't do this to me I love y...
297K 8.1K 21
"Hey, let's be friends!" "Tch, why would I be friends with you?" "Aw come on! Who else would want to be friends with you with a temper like yours?" ...
45.4K 1K 25
[Villain Todoroki x Reader] Todoroki was kidnapped when you both were in your last year of elementary school. Four years later, he shows up during y...
1.2M 32K 44
(Y/N) is a girl with a quirk, that likes to surprise. With her parents on another continent it's sometimes difficult for her to become a hero without...