iris . vkook

By plasticbees

Everyone has a soulmate, even the coldest people, the warmest people, people miles apart. And no matter what... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven.
author's note!

eighty one

10.3K 691 355
By plasticbees

Taehyung's PoV;

Yoongi and Jimin sat across from me at the bench, swiping through the photos they'd taken. They giggled and smiled, pointing at our individual expressions. Jay looked upon the photos with a fond look in his eyes, making comments every now and then.

I smiled softly, looking down at my ring. It twinkled in the evening setting sun, the diamond sparkling and reflecting the sun's rays.

Beside me, on the floor, was Jeongguk and Yeontan playing. He laid on his back, ankle crossed over his knee and one hand behind his head, supporting his neck. His free hand held Yeontan up to the sky, making aeroplane noises at him as Yeontan barked and yapped happily. My heart swelled at the sight of my soulmate; my favourite person, laid in my favourite colour. I took Jimin's camera, snapping a few pictures whilst I had the chance (before Jeongguk and Yeontan started to fight).

Everything was perfect, up until I realised something.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

Jeongguk jolted, groaning as he dropped Yeontan onto his stomach. The dog pattered around his torso before laying down, unbothered by Jeongguk's pain.

Yoongi merely blinked, continuing to scroll through the photos.

"What?" Jimin asked, breath caught in his throat as he held one hand over his heart.

"What am I gonna tell the others?" I said, panicked.

"What do you mean?" Jay drawled, chucking Jeongguk the pack of cigarettes and hitting him on the forehead with the lighter.

Yeontan moved away from Jeongguk as he sat up, choosing to patter over to Jimin's lap.

"They don't know that we even dated, never mind got engaged!" I said quickly, hands flailing all over the place in a panic, "oh my god, they're gonna hate me. I've kept so much from them, Namjoon and Jin are trying to set me up with someone, they think that we're just flirting with one an-"

"Petal, calm down." Jeongguk soothed, pulling me onto the floor. He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me onto his lap. He pressed a light kiss to my temple, his front against my back before nuzzling his nose into the shortened hairs that laid at the base of my neck. My heavy, panicked breathing subsided as I inhaled his soothing scent, laying my head against his shoulder.

"It'll be okay, Tae." Jimin smiled, "we'll sort it out."

"Yeah, chill. We'll throw a big party tonight, explain that you two have been lowkey about everything. We'll just say that Jeongguk is a cage fighter or some shit, explaining the, uh, injuries." Yoongi stumbled, earning a quick glare from Jeongguk.

"You do realise that a cage fighter is no better than an assassin, right?" Jay questioned with a short laugh.

"I don't know, man. I'm a florist." Yoongi shrugged, "I didn't want to offend him."

"It's fine." Jeongguk smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Guys." Jimin warned, "no fighting."

"I'm not."

"Mmm, me neither." Yoongi replied, tension swimming thick in the air.

Me and Jay looked at one another, equally as confused.

"What's going on?" I asked, scared of what the answer would be.

"Nothing."

"Oh yeah, it's definitely nothing, isn't it?" Yoongi snarled.

"Yoongi, quit it." Jimin said through clenched teeth.

"It's nothing petal, honestly." Jeongguk whispered into my ear, pressing a light kiss upon my cheek lovingly.

-------------------------------LATER THAT NIGHT----------------------------------------------

"Congratulations." Taeyong smiled, fingers intertwined with Ten's. He gestured for my hand, and I lifted it, showing my ring with pride.

"Oh wow, it's so sparkly." Ten admired, 'ooo'-ing.

"You two are adorable, for real. Jeongguk is truly a changed man, thank you for caring for him." Taeyong said, honesty and a genuine tone in his voice.

"It's nothing." I brushed it off, "he's so swe-"

"Jeongguk!" Jay yelled, shocked.

We frowned, flicking our heads towards the voice that sounded over the music. An assertive tone was present in the voice, suggesting that Jeongguk was being scolded - as per usual - but it was different. There was more anger but not quite disappointment.

Taeyong and Ten nodded their heads towards it, beginning to shove through once Jay yelled again.

I followed the voice, pushing through groups of our friends, keeping my drink still in the cup. The cider fizzed, bubbling and causing the scent to hit my nose.

"Yoongi!" Jimin shouted, and my worry increased.

What the fuck was going on?

I saw Jin and Hoseok, stood beside the food table. I made my way over to them, picking up on their facial expressions.

"What's happening?" I asked, out of breath shortly.

"Yoongi and Jeongguk are fighting. I bet Yoongi will win." Jin replied simply, chewing on a snack.

"Nah, I think Jeongguk will." Hoseok retaliated.

"I don't know, Yoongi is quite fast." Jin said.

"Hm, true. Taehyung, who do you think will win?" Hoseok asked, completely innocent and oblivious to the fact that Jeongguk could have Yoongi dead in a second if he wanted to.

I shook my head, slamming my cup down on the side before I followed Taeyong's green head of hair into the crowd.

We finally made it to the centre, my shoulders sagging at the sight.

Yoongi and Jeongguk were shoving and punching one another, knees and feet flying everywhere in a frantic scuffle.

Biting my lip nervously, my eyes were trained on the gun that was concealed under his jacket. I knew he had several blades on him, one of which laying centimetres away from Yoongi's unknowing fingertips.

I was just thankful that Yoongi was as drunk as he was, knowing that he'd be able to feel the gun through Jeongguk's thin clothing.

"Yoongi! Jeongguk!" Jimin yelled at the same time as Jay, both of them knowing the severity of the situation. Yoongi, being a drunk idiot, hadn't grasped the fact of the matter that Jeongguk could literally end his life right now. The others, Namjoon, Jin, Taemin and Hoseok cheered on the fight - oblivious to Jeongguk's abilities.

Jeongguk threw Yoongi to the floor, panting heavily. Yoongi let his head roll back, tongue lapping over bloodied lips as he exhaled and inhaled deeply.

"Why are they fighting?" I whispered to Jimin, as Jay attempted to diffuse the situation.

"U-uh. They're just d-drunk." Jimin stuttered, his nose turning a light shade of pink.

"I know you're lying. Tell me the truth." I deadpanned.

"Taehy-"

"Jimin."

"Okay. Yoongi found out that he was supposed to kill you."

"Didn't he already know?"

"No. He found the portfolio when we were at yours the other day." Jimin sighed, "which obviously has all your notes in and Jeongguk's instructions. I don't know, he just got super pissed."

"They never really got along too well, did they?" I asked, watching as Jeongguk kicked around in Jay's hold, hissing at Yoongi.

"Yoongi finds him obnoxious and Jeongguk finds him vain."

"Just you wait til I get my hands on you, you fucking-" Jeongguk snarled, stopping when someone interrupted him.

"Oh, no need to stop. Just pretend I'm not here."

I snapped my head towards the voice, my heart thudding once I recognised him.

Jisom.

Fuck.

"Who the fuck is that?" Jimin whispered.

"Long story, an abusive ex of his." I said, near tears.

"Isn't this lovely?" Jisom said, circulating the room.

Jeongguk ripped out of Jay's hold, standing before a vulnerable Yoongi. He looked at me with an unreadable look in his eyes, almost pitiful.

"Aren't you gonna introduce me?" He asked cruelly.

I watched as Jeongguk stiffened, before glancing at me and Jay and relaxing.

"No."

"Aw, why not?"

"You don't deserve to know them." He spat.

"Ah, I see. They don't know the true you, do they?"

Namjoon frowned, a questionable expression on his face. Jin and Hoseok narrowed their eyes, not at Jisom - but at Jeongguk.

"Can we take this outside?" Jeongguk asked.

"Hmm, no." He shook his head, "I'm not here for you anyway."

"Who are you here for then?"

Please don't say me.
Not me.
Of all people-

"Kim Jong-in." Jisom drawled, scratching below his jaw, "reckon he'd be a good fuck, you know?"

Jong-in froze, Taeyong pulling him behind him protectively. Ten glanced over at Jeongguk, pointing to his holster subtly, to which Jeongguk shook his head.

"You're not having him."

"It's not as if he means anything to you." Jisom shrugged, "well, knowing you, he'll probably be your next boyfriend."

"Leave."

"Not until I get what I want. And if that isn't Jong-in, I'll take someone else." Jisom said, bringing out his gun and aiming it at Jeongguk.

"Listen, kid. You're not wanted here, now fuck off, yeah?" Jay growled, his arm over my front in defence.

"Is that you, Jay Park?" Jisom sang, "wow. You won't know who I am, will you?"

"I don't need, nor want, to know."

"I'm Jisom. I'm the one who turned Jeongguk's eye that pretty pink." He smiled sadistically.

Jay clenched his jaw, too far away to run at Jisom or shoot. The only person close enough to inflict pain upon Jisom was Jeongguk, who was protecting Yoongi.

"What the actual fuck?" Hoseok whispered.

Jisom's arm immediately shifted to aim at Hoseok, eyebrows furrowed.

"Something to say?"

"Yeah, you sick fuck. You broke Jeongguk, and you say it with fucking pride?!" Hoseok spat.

Jeongguk's eyes widened, surprised at how Hoseok easily defended him. They weren't friends, just peers.

"And all this shit about us not knowing the true Jeongguk?" Hoseok said with disgust, "you're fucking insane."

Jeongguk sighed in pain, scrunching his face up.

Jisom raised his eyebrows, clicking the safety off the gun.

"Wow, Jeon. Your friends sure are stupid."

"They're nothing to do with this. Leave them out of it." Jeongguk snarled, shoving a dazed Yoongi over to Ten.

"Little Jeonggukie has made friends, hm?" Jisom asked in a patronising tone, "did I give you permission?"

"I don't need your fucking approval." Jeongguk hissed, "now lower the gun and leave."

"What are you gonna do? Cry and beg for my forgiveness? God, you really never changed, did you?" Jisom snorted.

Hoseok stared at the gun, scared stiff. His lips were parted, sweat visibly forming on his forehead. Taemin looked lost, unsure on what to do.

Everyone was staring at Jeongguk with a confused expression, not knowing anything that was going on.

Jeongguk cursed under his breath, suddenly running and tackling Jisom. He booted the gun out of his grasp, kicking it over to Jay, who stomped on it with his heavy shoes.

Jisom gasped, wind knocked out of him before grinning.

"I'm so fucking sorry." Jeongguk announced, looking at Hoseok, Jin, Namjoon and Taemin with an apologetic expression.

"Look away." Taeyong yelled to the foursome.

They all did so, hiding in their soulmate's necks, predicting what was gonna happen.

Jeongguk shut his eyes briefly, sighing through parted lips before opening his lids again.

He brought his foot down onto Jisom's stomach several times, the sound of ribs cracking echoing throughout the room. While Jisom gasped for breath, Jeongguk's foot planted on his throat. He brought his gun out of the holster, pressing a clip of bullets into it with a swift click. He then smacked the gun onto Jisom's head, before pressing the barrel under his chin and shooting.

He stayed in his position for a few minutes before falling to his knees. Ditching the gun, he brought his hands up to his face.

Catching the message that the party was over, everyone began to soft outside. I promised my friends that I would explain everything tomorrow, bidding them farewell as they left, shaken.

Taeyong and Ten grabbed a bin liner from the kitchen, bundling up the corpse and carrying it away.

Jimin sat beside Yoongi, brushing his fingertips through his hair as he slept.

Me and Jay made our way over to Jeongguk. My heart broke once I heard his muffled sobs, catching his breath at the back of his throat as he struggled to breathe.

"Bunny, it's okay." Jay soothed, rubbing his back, "will you look after him? I need to visit Boss."

"Mhm."

Jay apologised for having to leave, but promising that it would be for Jeongguk's benefit before departing.

I sat in front of Jeongguk, legs to either side of his figure. I pulled him into me, fingertips massaging the nape of his neck as he sobbed into my collarbones. I hushed him, pressing soft kisses to his head.

"Calm down, Ggukie. Everything is okay."

"I-it's not. I f-fucked u-up." Jeongguk stammered.

"You didn't, don't worry."

"I-I did. Y-your f-friends will h-hate you. I r-ruined the p-party twice."

"You didn't ruin it, honey. You saved my friends. You saved so many lives Ggukie, by being brave. You stood up for yourself against him, you've done so well."

He sniffled, sobs calming down as he snuggled into my neck.

"I-I'm s-sorry."

"Ggukie, I'm not angry. I'm proud of you, you put everyone before yourself in front of your biggest fear. I love you, don't work yourself up over it." I soothed, pressing more kisses to his hair, "you're my, and everyone's, hero. You're so, so courageous and I'm proud to have you as my soulmate."

Jeongguk smiled against my neck, wet eyelashes tickling my skin.

"Y-you really a-are a bl-blessing." He murmured, pressing a quick kiss to my skin, "I adore you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845K 45.3K 55
Chaos spreads in the lives of Jeon Jeongguk and Kim Taehyung when they receive the news about their lovers death. A war between hatred and hopeless...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.2M 77.7K 42
It's been eleven years since Kim Taehyung became mute. Eleven years since Taehyung went through something traumatizing and decided to stop talking. N...
747K 34.1K 40
"Does my babygirl deserve it?" -~-~|•|~-~- A one night stand. That's all it was. Taehyung wouldn't call himself someone who only has one nights stand...