The Water Phoenix

By CelestialSunset

In the land of Le'Xie, a war has started ravaging the land. The war between the rebels and the Empire. The Im... More

Chapter 1: Joining the Army
Chapter 2: General Kasumoto
Chapter 3: Nighttime
Chapter 4: Torture
Chapter 5: Small Chat.
Chapter 6: Memories
Chapter 7: Life At The Camp
Chapter 9:Intruder
Chapter 10: Dream?
Chapter 11: Brother
Chapter 12: War Soon
Chapter 13: Gone
Chapter 14:General Tang
Chapter 15: Kicking Him
Chapter 16:Showdown
Chapter 17:Enemy
Chapter 18:The Gift Of Death Is Not Granted
Chapter 19: Breaking
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Back To War
Chapter 22: Happiness or Sadness?
Chapter 23: Tattoo
Chapter 24:Enemies.

Chapter 8: Poppy Seed

34 7 0
By CelestialSunset

My chopsticks dropped onto my lap. They clinged softly.

Natsuhito leaned forward. His hand placed the rice bowl on the table. The chopsticks on the side. A glimmer of amusement glimmered in his eyes. His eyes swirled like the pits of hell.

I felt his dark energy pulse off him. I looked up at him. My canine biting my lower lip. Why do I feel him being so terrifying? He looks so kind. But he's also so revered. It looks like his world is without love. 

"W-why me?" I stammered. "Your not like the typical girl that just wants to sit around and do nothing. You want to live. To be able to be independent and not rely on men. I find that amazing."

I abruptly stood up. My elbow hit the rice bowl. "I'll go and think about that. I will come back when I have...decided." I gulped. I stumbled out of the tent. In my confused daze, all my surroundings, looked like a dream. Hazy and distant. I stumbled past soldiers. I ran to hide in the forest where I had come from. I ran through it. The branches snapping at my face. I held up my kimono so it wouldn't brush the floor. Some branches scratched my neck. I just ran in random. The trees starting to thin.

I stumbled upon a small hill. It was very green. Poppies grew around it. Underneath, the forest. If I turned to the right, I could see a part of the camp. I walked to the edge of the cliff and plopped down. I kicked my shoes in the corner. My eyes glittered. I continued watching the bustle of the camp. The forest's sound wafted up to me.

A poppy petal floated on my hand. It fiery red color distracted me. And so, I stayed on that cliff. The light changed.

I was so distracted, I didn't see someone's sitting down next to me. I looked up. The muscular figure of Natsuhito welcomed my sight.
I bit my lip. He turned to look at me. He smiled darkly. His smile. No hint of joy. I smiled back.

"Your answer?" He asked quietly.

I looked at the poppy petal. It fluttered softly. The wind brought him away. My hand tried to take him back, but in vain. I took a deep breath. Pushed out all the air, scrunched up my eyes, and said, "I will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 402 16
Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are joining the military. But during their time as soldiers, they find out huge secrets that no one knew about. When they enc...
123 0 14
During a war in a kingdom far away, a young King and Queen sent their baby girl to earth to protect her. Elizabeth was a normal girl or so she thoug...
20 0 15
Where there's a will there's a way, and then there's Rem. A girl who lost it all after writing a book. Her writing style persuaded different groups t...
109 5 9
"The world around her swam with mottled light. How long had she been fighting?" So...in sixth grade we took this computer-skills class. Our final tes...