Ace For Hire // BTS Reader In...

By tokki-maknae

Who is Ace? Besides being the deadliest hitman on the market in the underground, whose really under the hood... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
Queen for Capture Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

20

14.7K 701 614
By tokki-maknae

"Are you done throwing a tantrum, and other things?" Suga called out from the kitchen as he heard your feet drag into the same area again.

After calming down a bit and finally cooling your face off, you put on a pair of baggy sweat pants and an oversized sweater.

"To be fair, I think I earned the right to act like that. I know you were trying to help, that's why I'm currently not murdering you. But if you want I could keep doing tantrums and throwing things if you'd like." You said stubbornly as you took a seat on the edge of the kitchen counter to watch him.

"Hard pass. Here." Suga turned to you while holding out a small pink bowl. Pulling your sleeves over your hands you took the bowl from him carefully, using both hands so it wouldn't be too hot against your skin. Noticing Suga looking around the kitchen a bit, you gently set the bowl on your lap and pointed across the kitchen. "If your looking for spoons, they're in that drawer."

He nodded then followed your finger, you heard the familiar clink of metal utensils as he opened the drawer. "Didn't know you could cook." You said while bringing the bowl up to smell it a bit. It's burnt.

"I don't, usually Jin hyung makes something or we get panda ex. It's something I used to make when I was younger and I had a cold." Closing the drawer, Suga walked up to you and handed you a spoon. You smiled at him quickly while taking it, feeling a little awkward about how to just be [Y/N].

You went to your room to put clothes on and to calm down obviously, but also to let what he said sit in for a bit. No one's ever said that, maybe because you've never had someone's company like this before. When you think about it, this is the first time someone's ever really pointed out the fact that Ace has become bigger than what you wanted. Ace became it's own person in a way that you just felt pressured to fall into the role subconsciously.

Probably the same way Suga did. You noticed he was more approachable, and actually a really decent guy. But from past encounters with him, you just always thought that he was always an ass, since most of your conversations ended with threats. Except now you kind of understood him more, he was Suga then, but outside of the underground and BTS, he was just Yoongi.

"Thanks Suga." You softly let out as you stirred the bowl a bit, fighting every nerve in your body to just go back to Ace. The biggest reason keeping you back from doing that, was that Suga actually went out of his own way to help you and made sure you were okay.

So a part of you felt guilt stating to creep in if you let his words go to waste, especially when it's the first time you've ever heard him talk to you genuinely. At least the first thing he's said genuinely that wasn't a death threat.

"Just call me Yoongi when it's just us. And don't worry about it." Suga leaned back against the counter opposite from you, crossing his arms a bit as he picked up at your awkwardness. "It might taste like shit but to be fair, I'm not the greatest cook so.." He trailed off towards the end of his own defense for the burnt food.

He kept rambling on a bit about how it's not the greatest thing he's ever made. You were going to tell him that you were just grateful he even made something for you, but you decided to keep that to yourself. It's not like you were a picky eater anyways, so you had no problem eating it burnt either way. But you found amusement in the way he acted like massive tsundere when he's alone with you.

You paused a bit after taking your first bite. The taste of the burnt parts coated over spottily on your tongue, the slight hint of bitterness over powered any other flavors from it. Once it sat in your mouth for a while, you chewed a bit before taking another bite.

Thankfully you always had  a weird preference to eat things that had a slight burnt to it. Obviously you're not going to eat literally ashes or anything that looked burnt inside of hell. Maybe you got it from dad. He couldn't even cook water much less anything else, unless cooking was dialing for a pizza delivery, then he was an amazing chef.

He always try to make your favorites and home made dinners for when ever you got sick. Even though he usually burnt everything, and some of it wasn't even edible, you could never bring yourself to let him know you didn't like it. Ironically enough, over the years his cooking improved a bit, but you remembered asking for the burnt rice parts in the pot cooker from time to time. But when you rarely cook now whenever you get to, you never burn anything. Except, sometimes when you baked you tend to burn your cookies a bit for a crispy texture and a more complex sweetness.

You whipped your head up to look straight once you heard Yoongi go quiet suddenly. He wore an unreadable expression, that made you chew slower out of confusion. "Is it that bad?" He asked as if you were gagging at every bit. You shook your head and finished swallowing before asking him, "No, I like it, why?"

"...Do you know you're crying?" Yoongi's eyes pierced into yours, causing you to flinch a bit. Quickly looking away you brought a hand up to your cheek and gently felt your finger tips against your right bottom eye lid only to feel a familiar dampness. Keeping your hand there to cover your face as you mentally started cussing yourself out. You hated crying, and that hatred ten folded when you did it in front of Yoongi.

Why now? Why in front of him out all people? He probably thinks-

Your train of thought was instantly interrupted by something being set onto your lap gently. Looking down you saw a pale hand put a folded tissue onto your leg. Meeting eyes with the owner, your felt a single tear streak down your cheek. Yoongi took his turn to flinch a bit and to turn his head away, "you can cry if you want, I won't look. It won't change the way I look at you either."

Hesitantly taking the napkin, you dab it against your eyes so you wouldn't make them anymore agitated, red, and puffy. "I'm not going to cry, I don't like wasting my tears like that." Setting the bowl next to you on the counter, you started to roll the wet part of the tissue between your fingers. "What way do you look at me?" You asked now that your curiosity was distracting you from thinking about the past or dad anymore.

"You're more valuable than some of the other members would like you to think. You're one of the strongest people I know, and I give you a lot of credit for killing in heels. You're more tolerable when you're not Ace, but I also appreciate your dedication to be Ace. Overall I guess.. you're not that bad of a person, you know for underground standards at least, not to many guns for hire risk their own neck like you do." Yoongi trailed off again while rubbing the back of his neck.

You were at a lost for words, to be honest you expected him to turn it into a joke. Or to yell sike. The best thing you could think of for a follow up reply was, "it's late, do you want to just spend a night here?"

Maybe best thing was an over statement. But you couldn't think of anything else to say that would change the awkward tension that's been creeping in between you two this whole time. It still didn't stop him from cocking an eyebrow directed to you.

"It's just its late, you're out of disguise and you'd be an easy target if you were recognized. Plus I have a soft couch, kind of, bonus no one's had sex on it." You explained further so it didn't look weird that you just sprang that request on him.

"What are you implying with the last part?" Yoongi squinted at you a bit, causing you to roll your eyes.

"First of all ew, the only time I'd do anything with you would be never, and second, I assume Jimin does his fuck boy business on the couch."

Yoongi broke out into a sudden chuckle at fuck boy, before saying with slight defeat, "you assumed right, that's why you'll never see a couch any color except white near our place."

Mental note, if you ever go back to any of their bases, just tell them you prefer to stand if they offer you a seat.

"But this is also a good learning opportunity for you to." Yoongi mused while tapping a finger against his chin. Hoping off the counter, you put your dish away in the sink, "what are you implying now?"

"I'm gonna show you what most high schoolers do when they aren't helping run an underground gang and cutting peoples body parts off."

"I don't like the way it sounds. If we're going to do each others nails while we talk about boys or feelings or both, I'm going to neuter you." You crossed your arms under your chest, as you stood in front of him.

-------------

"I'm giving you a pass on the neutering thing for now." You grumbled reluctantly as you were curled up on one side of your couch. Yoongi sat on the other end, but the way he was sitting took up half the couch. Leaning your head back into the couch a bit, you watched the show with actual interest.

To be fair you've never seen a tv show drama before, you just assumed they were all pretty bad and over dramatic with the acting. You probably still thought that, but you did make the exception for the one Yoongi put on. It was called Strong girl Bong-soo or something, but you'd actually kind of liked it so far. Mostly for the main girl. Actually just for the main girl.

"Thanks." Yoongi said sarcastically, but that only encouraged you more to happily say he's welcomed.

Since you were watching it on Jin's Netflix account- you honestly believed at this point that Jin was an under paid single mom of six now- the next episode played as soon as the end credits came up. Yawning a bit, you said in a tired voice "This isn't so bad."

"Yeah, it's not that bad of a show. At first I thought it would be another shitty drama. But when Hoseok made me binge watch it with him, it wasn't that bad, so I figured you could stand to like it a little bit." Yoongi said while getting comfortable on the couch more, since you could feel him shuffling around more leisurely.

"The show's good, but I was just talking about trying to be normal outside of Ace like this. It's.. " You trailed off a bit as the words struggled to find a way out.

"Don't hurt yourself now." He droned in a monotoned voice, but you could still hear by a miracle the faint trace of teasing in his tone. Rolling your eyes, you propped your elbow against the couch arm to rest your head against your hand. "It's kinda nice, you ass" You replied with the same tone he had.

"At least I have an ass." He came back with. Causing you to instantly counter with "Your face isn't that bad." You smirked to yourself smugly as you felt him half heartedly kick your calf jokingly.

As two more episodes played, Jin's Netflix paused itself with the tinted screen displaying asking 'Anyone still watching?' After Yoongi felt like he was being judged by a monthly subscription, he stretched leg out a bit on the couch to nudge you. When you didn't response or nudge him back, he mumbled in a raspy deep voice "You have the remote."

When he didn't hear or feel a reaction from you, he looked over to see you curled up against your corner of the couch. For some reason seeing you like this caused the corners of his lips to twitch. But he fought off that unfamiliar surge of emotion and looked away quickly, finding interest in literally anything else that wasn't near you.

Feeling the couch deep a bit from your movements, he hesitantly looked back. Hoping you'd woke up, instead he felt a soft kick against his side. You were still curled up a bit but your head was still resting over the arm rest, causing your neck to look like it was being stretched out uncomfortably. Moving your leg again, you accidentally kicked your blanket off yourself, knocking it onto the floor.

Laughing to himself under his breath, Yoongi carefully pushed himself off the couch. Picking your blanket off the floor he gently shook it out before draping it over your sleeping form. Which reminded him of how some of the members slept in chairs with their heads hung back at a stiff angle. As if you knew somehow you shifted onto your side, causing your cheek to smush up as it pressed into the couch.

For some reason, Yoongi couldn't stop staring at you. To be honest, a week ago he would've just took the opportunity to smother you in your sleep or burn your apartment down while you slept or something just as equally horrible.

But the fact that you fell asleep easily next to him, in a way Yoongi felt like you put a lot trust in doing that. Or probably just the medicine making you extremely drowsy.

Either way he still felt something while looking at you, feeling indifferent to how he was looking at the real [Y/N] maybe. Or even by a slim chance, you made him feel something he never thought he feel towards you, like you were something he had to protect. Because in this moment you just looked, soft, and vulnerable.

Suddenly catching himself staring while getting lost in thought. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck while feeling his cheeks heat up slightly. Being somewhat of a heavy sleeper you tossed and turned more causing your blanket to slip off you again. Sighing, Yoongi picked it up again, putting it back over you a little more causal this time.

He found it a bit ironic that someone so alert and constantly on edge most of the time slept like they couldn't even be awaken if the world started to end. His ears perked hearing you grumble a bit. Curiously he leaned in to hear what you were sleep talking about. Since you rolled onto your other side facing away from him, your voice was muffled into the couch.

Using one arm to hold onto the couch to support himself as he leaned in a little more. Finally giving up on whatever you were saying, he turned his ear away "You were probably saying something lame anyways-" Before he could finish his grumpy fueled insult, he was cut off. More specifically by you, by turning back onto your other side suddenly, causing your lips to softly pressed against his.

Which caused him to panic a bit as he fell back. Sitting on the floor stuck in a slight daze, he looked at you with his lazy eyes widen in surprise. You'd probably have the same reaction, but you were still off in your own semi-coma sleep state. He started to feel his chest do things that made his head hurt in confusion, making the only thing he could say being, "Shit."

~~~~~~~
Happy chim chim day guys!!! ♡ ✮ ☼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 59.2K 106
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
621K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
248K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...