Hating the Guy at the End...

By fantasy_differ

They say there's a very thin line between love and hate, once you cross over that line it's hard to jump back... More

Song List (Ordered by Chapters)
Chapter One: Ignorance isn't Bliss
Chapter Two: DickHead, Pencil Dick, and Meatless
Chapter Three: Cruel Intentions (No, not the movie)
Chapter Four: Generous Hand
Chapter Five: Consistent Acts of Misery
Chapter Six: Caught in the Red Light
Chapter Seven: Fine Wine and Dine
Chapter Nine: Pillowtalk or Regretful self-loathing?
Chapter Ten: The use of Time, and the unforgettable Truth
Chapter Eleven: Royal Dinner
Chapter Twelve: Psychotic Break down that changed a Daisy into a Tulip
Chapter Thirteen: Righteous Acts
Chapter Fourteen: Good things always start off rocky
Chapter Fifteen: Behind Bars singing Blues
Chapter Sixteen: The Usual Bragging Game
Chapter Seventeen: Burning Flames and Wicked Dreams
Chapter Eighteen: Irresistible Glamour
Chapter Nineteen: Long Drop at the Top of the Social Pyramid
Chapter Twenty: Been Down This Road Before
Chapter Twenty-One: Cheer Sensation
Chapter Twenty-Two: 'Asshole' spray painted in pink
Chapter Twenty-Three: Living in a Facade
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Fox and the Hound
Chapter Twenty-Five: 24 hours...
Chapter Twenty-Six: Time flies when you're High on Life
Chapter Twenty-Seven: At the Court Royal
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Ceremonial Triumph

Chapter Eight: Difference between Daises and Lotus Flowers

3.6K 207 25
By fantasy_differ

A black two door Challenger pulled up beside me, purring for attention, windows tinted, and rims cleaner than a grandma's old display dishes behind that glass case. Anyway, I climbed in, immediately settling in the leather seats and taking in the scent of Samuel- men cologne with a touch of cinnamon from the Christmas tree shaped air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror. The low murmur of a old 80's rock song played in the background, it seemed to have drowned in with the loud engine that roared when the car drove out of the parking lot and down the long street to the main road.

"Put the address in." Samuel ordered while switching lanes in the two-way road. In other roads, he was putting our lives in danger because he can't drive behind a few cars and wanted to speed down the road. I want to get to Olivia as fast as I can, but if I'm dead in a car accident- I can't help her. I managed to punch the address in without being tossed around the car or getting car sickness.

We arrived to Kitty's apartment on the edge of Queens before anything could go wrong. John wasn't in site, but I knew he was close by, watching closely, maybe even waiting for Olivia to show her face so he can snatch her up. Samuel eyed the street; cautious on the setting, but he made no notion in locking his car door three times. Children ran up and down the block playing with water guns to ease their torture in the heat, a few older people say on their porch fanning themselves with self made fans while listening to the radio. So far, so good.

We hurried up to the third floor, Samuel was taking two steps at a time while I was still trying to keep up; me and my damn short legs. By time I reached to the top, Kitty's door opened and Olivia peeks out into the hall with a iron frying pan in hand. "Who's that?" She said in a worried tone that indicated she was going to slam the door on us.

"Calm down Olive, this is Samuel, the guy that broke John's arm that night."

She immediately relaxed, but still armed. "Come in."

The apartment was small, not smaller than my all on one bedroom lot, but still had a separate bedroom and as soon as you step inside, you're hit with the couch and tv (bit literally, but it's right in your face). "Are you Okay?" I voiced after catching my breath.

She looked calmed down, but her eyes still held fear as she gripped the frying pan. "Yeah, just spooked. Where can I go now?"

"I-I don't know." I said softly. "Call your mom again."

"She's not answering. I tried three time already, I keep getting sent to her voicemail." Olivia started to pace the room, shaking her other hand before combing back her sliver hair and flopping down onto the couch to keep herself from having another panic attack.

"A safe house." Samuel voiced. "There's homes for abused woman, a housing program right in New York. No one will know where you are and you can't tell anyone, that'll help you. We just need to get you to the police station, file a report and I'll pull some strings."

"What are you? Some kind of bodyguard."

He gave off a tiny chuckle, "More like Guardian angel."

"More like, don't flatter yourself." I retort, he was so far from being an angel, yet along guardian. "That can work." I also praised, even though it's killing me on the inside to agree with him. "I can't see him, but I just know John is out there. So we would have to figure out a way we can transport you to the police station."

"We don't have to sneak her out. I can get the car ready, you two come down. We're going to the police station, there's nothing much he can do their without getting arrested. Pack your stuff, we need to leave now." With that, he walked out the apartment to get started on our fool proof escape plan.

Olivia looked at me as if I were crazy, "Where do you know him from?"

I sighed heavily and slowly rolled my eyes at the reminder that I can't escape this dude. "Both sets of jobs. He's a lawyer, I'm sure what he's saying is true. You'll be okay, Olive, John won't hurt you anymore."

*****

How can I describe Samuel Jones? Well, for one he can be a douche and asshole, he was a lot of money to his name, a womanizer, and loves strip clubs. What I don't get about this man is the fact he helped Olivia and I twice already with no benefit to his name but a good record to his redemption. What's his play? His game? Why is he doing this?

"Why are you staring at me?" He blurted out over the low rock music that played in the background. His fingers drummed on the steering wheel, this time he wasn't driving like a maniac through this traffic. Being in the car, alone with Samuel wasn't bad; we both kept to ourselves and enjoyed the view of the sun setting right before our eyes at a red light, listened to his old 80's rock music he loves so much, and I even enjoyed breathing the same air as him. Was it gratitude that made me relax and form into a gentle human being around him? Maybe so. The bigger question is if it's going to last long.

"I don't know, it's weird."

"What's weird?"

"For the past three days we've been around each other, we tried to tear each other throats off, now I just want to say thank you and buy you dinner. As gratitude, not anything more." I justified before looking back out my side of the window, we were coming close to crossing that street bridge to Brooklyn- close to Ronny's apartment.

"I can take free food."

"You know, you're not like any lawyers I've met in the past. You act as if- I don't know, you flash your money but when it comes down to food and scenery, you're not picky. Like when you are my sandwich, you ate it as if it were steak or something."

"Maybe I was just hungry."

"Maybe." I mumbled while counting how many windows the building had and where they connect and re-connect. "Is this all for good deed?"

"Yes, it is. Don't flatter yourself, okay. I'm just helping a poor girl out, like you."

"But she's my friend, not a girl you use to feel better about yourself."

"How about we go get something to eat, your choice- like you said I'm not picky with my food."

"It's this Caribbean place that's delicious."

"Great, we'll go there."

So we went, when entering Brooklyn I told him the directions of the small restaurant Ronny and I would go to every time we meet up, it's a family owned business three blocks away from Ronny's house, and two blocks away from that jazz club he took me to on the first night I slept over. It was weird sitting across from Samuel, willingly. No inappropriate jokes, no jabs at each other lives, we forgotten all about our status and jobs, and just ate and chat like regular people that just met.

"So you're the youngest, of four boys. How was that growing up?" I questioned after stuffing my mouth with ox tail and rice.

Samuel took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "Annoying, for one. So during the time, WWE was very properly, so they would use me as a test dummy to do moves and stuff. I didn't have a say in anything until I got old enough to pay taxes, but other than that it was fine. You're the only child?"

"What gave me away?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "You look like the type, I guess."

I chuckled to myself and nod my head in confirmation, "Yes, I'm the only child. It's fantastic, I can't imagine living with three brothers and sharing everything. I actually never wanted siblings."

"They're not that bad, besides, you could of blamed shit on them." He managed to take some foot off my plate and stuff it into his mouth before I could protest, even though we have the same side dish- which he took. Instead of bickering like a bitter old woman, I took some of his food- actually succeeding in taking his main course. "See, this is why you needed siblings, for this."

"Back to the daisy. What's up with that?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well, she's my boss and if you keep coming around to see me and not her, they'll think we're a thing. I don't need that he'll on my plate and get fired."

Samuel nod his head in agreement while scooting his beef around. "Diana and I had a spring fling-"

"Spring fling? How old are you?"

"Fine, not fling. We were fucking mostly every day for the past three months, no strings attached, no friends with benefits bullshit. We had a mutual agreement. Then somehow her parents got involved, I was attending a charity event and she was there with her mother and father; we met, not on purpose, and then after that she thought we could be more. We just ended it, like a week ago."

"A last hooray fuck? Big mistake dude."

"Can you blame me? She was throwing herself on me, how can I not say no."

"Like I said earlier, you need to stop coming around." The table suddenly vibrated from my phone, I peeked at it to see it was a message from M.

M: Got a guy for you, are you able to meet him tonight?

I sighed heavily and picked up my phone to see this guy- she was referring to- profile. White hair, over the age of fifty, and a vet.

Joy (Niyah): Yeah, I'm game.

I set the phone down and huffed, "Sorry, work."

"Escorting job?"

"Yeah, just getting settled into that. I'm thinking about quitting my strip job, there's no need to juggle around three jobs- twice the stress. Actually, I know I'm going to quit."

Samuel still didn't look disgusted nor seem to care about my current work. "So it's going well?" Actually, it was more security wise than anything else that he cared about. "Give any old men hand jobs?" He made the blunt gesture, not caring that an elderly woman is a yard away; actually, she didn't even notice- it was too fast and low to see.

I cleared my throat and tugged back my shoulder length hair. "That's none of your business."

"Oh, you did." A state of shock went over him but he pushed it away. "Didn't know you had it in me? You didn't actually have it in you, did you?"

"No you douche, I didn't." I hissed before stabbing my fork into the rice and beans.

He laughed all of a sudden, as if this conversation was the most funny thing ever. It's not funny, it's personal and I practically spoke in confidence. "I'm sorry, it's just funny a little. I mean, an old guy."

"Stop, seriously, it's not funny. The guy is nice and he's a widow,"

"A pity hand job. That's classic, you going to give the guy tonight a hand-"

"Can we not? I don't want to have this conversation anymore." I pushed my unfinished plate to the side and huffed as my appetite basically flew out the window.

"Apologies, I pushed it, we were on the right track and I went left. My bad."

I gave him a confused glare, my own state of shock came over me. "Did you just apologize? Like you're actually capable of saying that word."

He slowly rolled his eyes at my question, "I'm not a demon, Joy. At least now yet. I know when I'm wrong and when I need to say sorry." Samuel pushed his own plate to the side. "You want me to take you home?"

"Yeah, that would be nice of you."

*****

This time it was a different restaurant, a different guy, a different outfit, and different back story. Instead of Niyah that lost her brother, it was Niyah that was running away from home. The older man, William, was DA of Pennsylvania and a sugar daddy. Him and his young wife are getting a divorce and he came to New York to complain and blow off some steam, of course, he wasn't the nervous type, but he was nice and gentle.

We sat in the middle of the restaurant, sharing conversations- making small talk, when we were interrupted. The restaurant is in Manhattan, the area of New York that mostly every rich guy in this state lives, however, it has some many restaurants and businesses that loves their money. So, when William and I were interrupted, there's no doubt Samuel planned this even, somehow, someway.

The dickhead was alone, wearing a three piece suit and other accessories that showed his status and class. He strolled right in with his head held high and stood along as he beelined to the table; what is he doing?

"Joy, is that you?" He spoke with a calm voice and smile upon his face that shows his devious plan to ruin my night, my new line of business.

I chuckled nervously while looking between them both, "Oh, Sam. William, this is Samuel, my brother's friend from college." I quickly made up, not knowing rather to tell the truth or lie- there's no need to tell the truth when you already lost a regular client. Son of a bitch! Here I thought we had a good conversation earlier; we laughed, joked, no form of arguing or wanting to tear each other heads off. Now here he is, running the one shot I have of making a life for myself. That asshole!

William, like the gentleman he is, extended his hand to Samuel. "Nice to meet you."

Samuel took it with no hesitation, giving it a firm grip before pulling away, immediately pulling up a chair as if he were welcomed. "So, What are you doing out here? The last time I've seen you was... please do remind me of when I last saw you, cases just overflow in my head."

"At my brother's funeral, five years ago, remember."

"Right, biking accident, a car crashed right into him."

"I thought he died of a gun shot wound? And I thought your name was Niyah?" William questioned, oblivious to the fact that everything I told him was a partial lie.

"Niyah Joy Walton. Also, he did," Samuel voiced. "The car crash is what ended his life. You see, my dear friend and Joy's brother, he was mugged on the street after a frat party- the guy shot him and in order to escape and survive, he had to pedal back to the party. Drunk drivers hit him, made him bleed out even more. Shame."

"Listen, Samuel, you should go. I assume you're busy with cases, like you said."

"Nah, I'm good. What we having?"

"I honk you should go young man, like the lady said." William was on his last straw, brows furrowed, lips thinned, fingers curled up into fist; he was ready to get aggressive.

"You know what?" I voiced to stop the violence before it starts. I didn't have to know Samuel well enough to see he wasn't going to take a threat nor let the guy hit him without retaliating. "We should meet later, William, here." Discreetly, I shoved the five hundred dollars he gave me from the beginning by slipping it under his hand before grabbing Samuel by the suit jacket and dragging him out the door- even though he was coming willingly. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" I screamed at him once we were outside. The valet did look at us crazy, but I ignored them. "You coat me a client." I hissed while gripping my clutch so I don't act on what I really wanted to do to him.

"I believed I saved you from that anger management asshole. He has a very short fuse for a DA."

"Why are you here? Don't you have a life? A daisy to fuck? Diana? Leave me alone, I mean it." I stormed away from him and the restaurant, starting my way to the nearest underground train station entry way that would take me back to Brooklyn.

"No need to get pissed." Samuel follows beside me, of course me speed walking was his regular moderate strolling with his long legs. "I was already having dinner upstairs, I went to say goodbye to my own client and wanted to say goodbye to you. Is that a crime? I recall it is not."

"Gave you no right to interfere. And let me handle my own protection for now on, I've survived long enough."

"Yeah, I can believe that, but how many bruises and scars did you gain with your own protection? I'm a lawyer, I can read people, I've seen some things, and heard shit. Trust me when I say, that guy wasn't just looking for a pity hand job at the end of the night, and he would of gotten what he wanted one way or another."

I opened my mouth to retort, but I couldn't because even I saw the wicked lust in William's eyes- it wasn't like Dylan's, that innocent attraction that all men would get when they see a young woman's cleavage spilling out her top. I barely showed skin in this outfit, only my shoulders and legs- still, William had that dangerous fiery lust. "You could of sent a warning text, I did give you my number." I don't know what was going through my mind when I slipped my number to Samuel earlier, only thing I was thinking is how truthfully he can be when I ask for advice or clarity.

"I was taking precautions. Going along with my gut, such as now." He grabbed my arm and made me come to a full stuff before managing to crash his lips into mind. We were like that for a little while, lips on lips, his touch making me shiver and burn my arm (in a good way). Then, he pulled away and released a sigh of content as if he imagined this moment accurately.

I, on the other hand, was stunned, still, shocked. I blinked my eyes four time before coming to my senses, which was planting a tiny hand print on his cheek and snatching my arm away. Instead of cursing him out, wanting to tear his head off, I attacked him; claiming his lips while jumping into his arms like a hungry bear. "You idiot." I managed to say in between our kiss while gripping his hair.

Fire courses through my veins, butterflies danced around the flames in my stomach, heart escalated as if making this fire grow bigger- wilder, and my body turned hit from a result. Passion.... I haven't felt it for so long, just the need of sex without actually forcing myself to do one simply act of it felt amazing and unfamiliar. However, it wasn't the guy I wanted to have sex with, I wanted a guy like... who can I compare Samuel to? The guy I'm thinking was Gerald and he showed his true colors. Is this what I come to? A inconsiderate dick who saved my life twice, helped me set a path for myself, a womanizer that doesn't give a shit about anything and anyone? I don't know if I should be proud or disappointed. I'll find out by the end of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 4.3K 14
[BXB] "You know Luke the more you stutter the cuter you get" And that was the very moment I broke, his emerald eyes burning into me as I folded, his...
48.4K 1.3K 23
Everyone thinks life is a game to find love, I don't play games. There must be more to life than falling in-love, I never want to fall in-love, the t...
1K 194 9
Women are naturally difficult to understand but at the same time very easy to please, they don't care how little it is. Even if it's as simple as ca...