The Original Witch

By lenaf327

"Always and forever." That's what her family lived by when they were human until forced to become the first v... More

Author's note
Prologue
PART 1-Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Ending of Part 1-Chapter 27
Part 2-Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Ending of Part 2-Chapter 46
Summary
Part 3-Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Author's note
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Authors note
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Voting for new story face claim (please vote!)
Face claim + cover
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
New Book Out!!
New cover, update, and a thank you
New Avengers book out

Chapter 67

2.5K 75 8
By lenaf327

A strong feeling of deja vu filters through me as I spot the Weasley's crowding over the one and only Fred Weasley. This time however, my mind is put at ease knowing that he is actually here with us.

The moment Fred looks up to lock eyes in an unwavering gaze, one that makes it seem as if no one else is around. His eyes show signs of searching, especially for the answers he doesn't have but desperately needs.

I sit down on the ground close to him, my body facing his questioning one. My voice comes out lowly as if any form of loudness could break everything by the seams, "Hi."

Despite his wondering mind, the corner of his lips twitch upwards as he replies, "Hi." I notice his family tuning in, seeking closure as well, yet they try to pretend like they aren't eavesdropping. 

George doesn't attempt to mask his curiosity as he pops his head in between me and Fred, "Can someone," he glances at me accusingly, "please explained what happened?"

All eyes settle on me as I look down to fiddle with my fingers. After a few seconds remaining in a state of avoidance, Fred gently rests his hand on my knee which immediately forces me to release any tension in my body. I offer Fred a thankful look.

Where the cure once laid in my pocket is the note from my brother. My fingers feel for the piece of parchment and pull it out gently. I carefully hand over the note and wait for Fred to unfold the note to uncover the words concealed inside.

Fred's eyebrows furrow as he reads my brother's cursive handwriting. "For when you decide that he is wroth a mortal life?"

"My brother found the one thing that most vampires dream about...the cure."

A light of hope glints in his eyes, "There's a cure?" I nod my head as his mind probably beings to dream up the possibilities.

I allow his mind to explore the future for a few moments, too afraid to tear his ideas apart in this moment. There is something so pure about the look on Fred's face, one so enthused about a full life ahead of him.

Unable to take it anymore, I quietly say his name, "Fred..."

His eyes fall to my face once again and sees the guilt thats etched upon every inch of my face. He raises his fingers to his lips, remembering me forcing a soft vial into his mouth. Fred drops his fingers, which end up on the inner part of his wrist. His eyes close for a moment before opening with the realization that his heartbeat is normal.

"You gave me the cure." There is a simplicity in his words with no traces of anger or confusion. My head nods in confirmation.

George mutters out, "Was not expecting that..."

This sparks the attention of his family members and Mrs. Weasley asks, "So he's going to remain human?"

"Yes." She kisses her son on the cheek, soaking in relief about her son alive and well. Mrs. Weasley then embraces me in a sudden hug and thanks me over and over again. 

I forget about my reality as feel glad that this family is happy and full. 

As the entire family converse about what's ahead for them, Fred turns to me, "The letter said that the cure was there for when you decided he was worth a mortal life...that was about me right?"

"My brother knew how special of a place you hold in my heart and wanted to offer me a happiness I've always dreamed of."

Fred grins at this, "Does this mean you're going to take the cure too?"

My face falls in an instant, and Fred's follows suit as he watches my reaction. "I can't take the cure." Fred's eyebrows raise in question and I see a brief flash of hurt cross his face. "Fred, I can't take it because there was only one dose."

His eyes widen but he quickly asks, "But we can go to your brother and get some more, right?"

I shake my head sadly, "There's only been one cure in existence and now it's circulating in your veins."

Fred's face drops, "Alexia, I didn't realize..."

"Fred, I did it for you and wouldn't change my decision even if I had the chance to."

Before we can delve into a much deeper conversation, our attention is pulled to outside when we hear a loud crash. We rush out of the Great Hall and into the hallways. 

Our feet hit against the ground as we spot Hermione and Ron running down stairs with the large snake slithering menacingly behind. 

The pair fall onto the rubble below, their feet unable to maneuver around the obstacles and forcing them onto the ground. Mr. Weasley begins charging forwards in attempts to protect his boy as the snake opens its mouth wide towards its prey.

Neville comes barreling out of nowhere with a gleaming sword in his heads. He throws his hands down, forcing the sword to cut right through the snake's skin. We all stand stunned, prepared to watch the head detach from the body. Instead, Nagini turns to an ashy substance that dissipates out into the air. 

The black smoke rises upwards, carrying tones of screeching as the last Horcrux is destroyed. I make my way over to Ron, who is fiercely holding Hermione in his arms. "Where's Harry?"

He looks behind the large rocks behind him to where there is a bright flash of blinding light. My feet start taking me to the source with the rest following behind. There we see two beams of light battling head to head for dominance. 

In mere seconds, Harry's beam encloses on Voldemort's vulnerable figure. Now with only one piece of soul attached to his body, the rebounded curse inflicts itself onto him. We all watch silently as the dark entity collapses into nothingness. 

Any and all survivors slowly filter into the space, looking at where an enemy once stood proudly and confidently. The remaining death eaters flee in fear, yet all carry a worrisome look knowing that their freedom is limited. 

Without the company of his parents, Draco and Astoria walk next to me and look at the battlefield with the sole victor standing strong. Astoria asks the one question we are all thinking, "Is it really over?"

Our eyes train on Harry who turns around, two wands clutched in his right hand, and looks at us with as much relief as he can muster. Ginny runs forward to tackle him in a hug, thrilled that he's alive and in one piece. 

The heaviness that once weighed us down quickly relieves our bodies as it disappears into thin air. Everyone remains still, afraid that the smallest of movements will affect the outcome.

Slowly but surely, chatter erupts across the sea of students, faculty, and other brave individuals who risked their lives just so Hogwarts could remain to witness this historic moment. 

Some people filter back inside to tend to those still injured while some begin cleaning up the mess that will take plenty of time to reverse. I watch as Ron and Hermione make their way to Harry.

Harry's eyes meet my own and he nods his head over, encouraging me to join. I glance over my shoulder at Fred who ushers me to go on.

Once I greet the trio, we begin walking towards the destroyed bridge. 

"Why didn't it work for him...the wand?" Hermione asks, interested in knowing the answer. 

Harry peers down at the slim, yet powerful wand resting in his hand, "It answered to somebody else. When he killed Snape, he thought the wand would become his. The thing is, the wand never belonged to Snape. It was Draco who disarmed Dumbledore that night in the astronomy tower. From that moment on, the want answered to him."

I raise my eyebrows at this, wondering how Voldemort didn't make this realization himself. I guess he was too engrossed in the idea of holding power over the wand that he didn't take a step back to face the facts. 

Harry continues, "Until the other night when I disarmed Draco at Malfoy Manor."

Ron mutters out, "So that means..."

Harry waves the wand as if it was nothing of importance, "It's mine." 

"What should we do with it?" I roll my eyes as I lightly hit Ron on the shoulder for his comment. He glares at me instantly, not appreciating my gesture in the slightest. 

Hermione immediately turns around to offer him a judgmental look, "We?"

Ron shrugs his shoulders, "Just saying, it's the elder wand. The most powerful wand in the world. With that, we'll be invincible." Ron's got a point but with that much power comes greed and darkness. 

Harry contemplates his options, knowing very well that holding that wand in his hand would open up endless possibilities for him. He also realizes that some of those possibilities end up negatively with others getting hurt. He stares at the wand for a long moment before raising his other hand to grab the other end of the wand. Without another thought, he snaps it in half and I slightly gasp as I watch the flicker of life die from within the wand. 

He chucks each half into the abyss below, not caring to see the powerful wand any longer. Ron and Hermione look at him astounded. I admire Harry's actions, knowing that he probably made the right decision. 

As Harry steps down and faces away from the castle, Ron and Hermione walk up close behind him. I back away from the trio, giving them space for a heartfelt moment between those who will be lifelong friends. 

When I re-enter the Great Hall, there is an airiness that fills the atmosphere. Students joke with professors as the younger kids reunite with their older friends who fought in the war. 

In one corner, Astoria sits huddled up to Draco as she rests her head on his chest. Her eyes are sealed closed as she takes a much needed rest with someone she feels comfortable with. Draco sits still, careful not to wake her.

Happiness fills me as I see the corners of his lips curve upwards into a true smile. I pass my friend by and I shoot him a knowing smile. A distinct blush flashes across his face, yet his eyes wander down to look at the sleeping figure latching onto his body. 

I sit down next to Fred who was talking with Dean Thomas moments before. Dean turns away to laugh with another as Fred fully turns his attention towards me. 

He reaches behind him to grab my spell book and offers it to me, "Thought you would want me to keep this safe while you were gone."

I smile brightly as I lean in to kiss his check gratefully. As I pull away with a soft smile glued onto my face, a young brunette Slytherin student runs up to me. 

He points to the leather bound book, "You found my book!"

I raise my eyebrows at first, not expecting the owner to be a first year Slytherin. My genuine curiously ignites as I ask him, "How did you get this very important book?"

He grins proudly at me before he opens his mouth to speak, "My folks told me it's been passed down in the family for centuries. They figured that I deserved the book since I was off to Hogwarts!" 

No words formulate for a few seconds as I stare at someone who resides in my current line of predecessors. "That sounds so fascinating! What's your name?"

"Alvis!"

Recognition fills my eyes as I connect his name to the Icelandic origin of the Vikings. I'm content knowing that my pure line has survived and same with the heritage. I lean forward and place the book gently into his outstretched hands, "You will take good care of this book right?"

He nods his head quickly, "I promise!"

The young boy begins walking away but my voice stops him, "Alvis?" His toothy grin makes me smile. "Be sure to pass that down to your kid in the future."

He nods before walking off, muttering how he is going to be just like his father one day. I stare at where Alvis once stood with watery eyes. Fred is quick to ask, "Hey, are you alright?"

I smile through the waterworks and lean my head on his shoulder, "Couldn't be better."

I think next chapter will be the last :( While I'm sad about this book coming to a close, this means I can fully turn my attention towards new ideas and books! I can't wait to explore my writing and creative thoughts more deeply as I prepare to begin another journey with a new book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 243 77
| currently in editing. if you still want to read it, then go ahead:) the edited one will be published on my account under a "new" book | '𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈�...
634 29 10
Y/N is so excited to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for her second year, but when the time finally comes, tragedy hits the scho...
12.2K 758 31
"Under the moon's eclipse, when shadows blend with the night, A witch shall arise, bathed in the ancient magic's light. Her eyes shall see beyond the...
6.6K 115 12
The Battle of Hogwarts ended some years ago, Snape was buried, Dumbledore was honored and remembered, and Harry Potter, the boy who lived, is marked...