The Endearment of the Quadrum...

By brookellemarie

All rights and Naruto related characters go to the man himself Masashi Kishimoto. If you like Drama, Romance... More

Here We Go.
1) First Day Jitters
2) Minato's Babysitting
3) A Practice Exam
4) Do I Like Him?
5) I'm Sorry for Your Loss
6) I Used to Hate the Rain
7) Team Minato is a Go!
8) Battle of the Bells
9) Our First Real Mission:Part One
11) A Birthday Blast
12) The Kannabi Bridge
13) Losing a Comrade
14) Control the Power
15) Work This Out
16) Throughout the Years
17) Plan's Gone South
18) In the Woods
19) The Truth
20) An Unexpecting Date
21) The Village Hidden in the Rain
22) Moonlight
23) The Sunset
24) A Fake Mission (Lemon)
25) Morning Wood (Lime)
26) Celebratory Dinner
27) The Man in the Woods
28) Daddy Says (Lemon)
29) Lesson Number One
30) The Fight
31) I love you (Lime)
32) A Choice
33) You Made Your Choice
34) October Tenth.
35) Eighteen
36) A Dirty Surprise (Lime)
37) Lizard Tongue
38) Three strikes, You're Out
39) See You later Jerk
P.H.A.S.E. T.W.O.
40) Dear Kakashi, I'm on my way (Lime?)
41) Home at last
42) You're Gonna be Late! (Lemon)
43) Seal the Curse
44) Battle of the Bells, a New Generation
45) Team Seven's First Mission
46) A Past Mistake
47) Four Months
48) Sasuke's Choice Leads to Naruto's Departure
49) Two Can Play at That Game
50) Just About Us (Lemon)
51) Yamato's Here
52) The Final Fight
53) For the Love of a Brother
54) The Akatsuki
55) Water Torture
56) Clay Art
57) Pumpkin Anus
58) A Mysterious Place
59) Fan Fics?
60) Hard to Face Reality: Lemon
61) Passed Around
62) Hidan's Toy (Lemon)
63) The Great Decision
64) It's in Our Blood
65) I Trusted You
66) A Pocketful of Sunshine (A Sweet Escape)
67) Welcome Back Home
68) Apologies
69) Damnit Jiraiya
70) The Calm
71) The Storm

10) Our First Real Mission: Part Two

5.4K 282 111
By brookellemarie

"They're here! Rin, (Y/N)! Go on ahead!" Kakashi ordered.

"You got it!" Rin said.

"Follow us!" I ordered the other shinobi, as I got behind them, preparing to protect them at all costs, as we crossed the bridge. I heard the sound of kunai's clinking together, making me worried. All of a sudden, a kunai went past me, stabbing one of the men in front of me. I watched in horror as he fell over the bridge.
I ran up, to try and catch him, but it was too late.

"Kakashi! We have to save him! Minato Sensei is still nearby! If we turn back and let him know-"

"We can't Rin! A shinobi's duty is to complete his mission." Kakashi said sternly.

"Kakashi!" Rin gasped out at him.

"We need to save him! That is the mission!" I yelled angrily at Kakashi.

"Run! Escaping is imperative!" He said looking back at us.
"We just have to get to the forest!" He yelled.
"Then the village will be too close, and they'll turn back." He said in a demanding tone.

"But Kakashi!" I growled out.

"I SAID RUN (Y/N)! NOW!" He demanded angrily, as I sighed.

"Come on (Y/N). We need to save them." Rin said, and I frowned.

"Let's go." I growled, as we ran across the bridge, Kakashi following closely behind me. We ran as fast as we could until we passed the forest. We took a break in the middle of the grass, to catch our breaths.

"We should be safe here." Kakashi said, standing up.

"And Obito?" Rin asked.

"Like I said to (Y/N), Sensei is with him, I'm sure they'll be fine." He said, and I groaned.

"You know who's not fine?!" I asked annoyed, before I stood up and walked up to Kakashi. I took my finger and jabbed it into his chest.

"That man, who YOU wanted to leave behind for the sake of this mission!!" I said angrily.

"It was our orders (Y/N)." He copped back annoyed, and I jabbed him in the chest again.

"Our orders Hatake," I spat out, before jabbing him again.
"Were to get ALL of these men HERE safely." I growled, as I continued to jab him.

"Stop! You know it's the rules. Our rules were to protect the missive." He growled at me, and I jabbed him again.

"And what if he has it!!" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Then his comrades would have said something!" He said annoyed, and I growled.

"Guys..." Rin said softly.

"You LEFT a MAN to float down the river. You LET a MAN potentially DIE because YOU weren't MAN ENOUGH to break the stupid rules, to SAVE an INNOCENT life." I said jabbing him over and over again. He grabbed my hand harshly, holding it in place.

"Guys... Come on." Rin said.

If looks could kill, we'd both be dead by each other.

"I SAID STOP! DAMMIT DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN?!" Kakashi yelled at me and I growled.

"Guys!! You both need to think this-"

"NOT NOW RIN!" Kakashi and I yelled in unison, making our friend, look down nervously.

"I'm not ordered to listen to anyone who isn't Minato Sensei. And I'm definitely not ordered around by scum like you." I said calmly, with a hint of anger to my voice, as I started to shake.

"Fine." He said coldly, tossing my hand back towards me.
"But don't come crying to me, when you get ridiculed by every last shinobi, and member of the Leaf Village. I witnessed firsthand what breaking the rules does to a person. You want to go save that man, be my guest, but don't think for a second that you'll get the easy end of everything." He said coldly. I was going to respond, but one of the men beat me to it.

"Thank you." He said, and all three of us looked at him confused.
"I have to hand it to the Yellow Flash's team, now the secret missive is soon to be delivered safely." He said. Rin and I bowed to pay respects.

"Don't mention it. It's just too bad that one man had to be sacrificed." Kakashi said, making me scoff.

"Don't give him that. You could have saved that man if you wanted too." I said annoyed, crossing my chest.

"We would have jeopardized the rest of the mission! Will you get that through your thick head?!" He scolded, annoyed with me.

"(Y/N) is it?" The man asked me and I looked him and nodded.
"Try not to give your team to rough of a time; it is something that couldn't be helped." He said softly; make me go wide eyed before crossing my arms looking away.

"Although." One of the other men behind him spoke up.

"He won't be the only sacrifice!" The other man behind him said. Both of them quickly whipped out their kunai's, slashing an 'X' through their comrade. Rin, Kakashi, and I looked at them in shock, as the man screamed in pain.

"W-what?!" Kakashi said in shock. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I quickly grabbed on to the kunai in my pocket.

"What's going on?!" Rin asked in confusion.

"S-so then y-you're t-the traitors?" The man lying on the ground said. All three of us gasped, before looking up at the two other men.

What are we in? A teenage soap opera?!

"Because you were so focused on making sure that your mission was completed, you made our mission only that much easier!" One of the men said cockily to Kakashi.

"Ha! Even the Yellow Flash, can't get this far, quick enough to save you!" The other man said, before they both whipped out their weapons.
"Sorry! But you're gonna have to die too!" He said making Kakashi growl.

"N-no way." Rin said nervously, as the two men laughed.

"Rin! (Y/N) Go!" Kakashi said, looking back at us.

"But Kakashi-"

"You guys will only be in my way!" He said, and we all jumped back.

I guess I shouldn't fight unless I really need too. My shadow clone hasn't died yet, so I guess that's good news? Or maybe it's not. Oh I hope they are doing better than us...

"Earth Style: Mud Wall!" He shouted, as a giant wall of mud appeared.

"They're gone!" One of the men said. All of a sudden, Kakashi broke through the mud, slashing a guy through the chest with his Kunai.

"He was inside?!" The other man said nervously as Kakashi turned to face him. He ran away, as Kakashi, Rin, and I ran over to the body who had been ambushed. I felt the memories of my shadow clone pop into my head, as I sighed in relief.

"I'll start medical ninjutsu right away!" Rin said, as she started trying to help our comrade.

"What happened here?!" Minato Sensei said, as him an Obito ran towards us.

"Minato Sensei... Obito!" Kakashi said.

"Kakashi? Rin? (Y/N)? How did I get here?" Obito said confused.

"I'll explain later! First Kakashi, what's the situation?" Minato Sensei asked.

"We escorted them to this point safely. But then, the other two were traitors." Kakashi said.

"Two?" Minato asked confused.

"P-please listen..." The man Rin was trying to save said.
"I don't think that I'm going to make it." He said grunting, as he tried to pull out something from his clothing. It was a scroll.
"T-the contents of the secret m-missive..." He said handing it to Kakashi, who passed it to Minato Sensei.

"We can't. We're not supposed to see its contents." He said back to the man, who was slowly dying.

"I-it's okay. P-please... Just confirm that it's the real one." He said, as Minato began to sweat. He opened the scroll, and Obito gasped, when they realized nothing was on it.

"It's blank. What's that mean?" He asked the man.

"M-my superior told me that there would be two secret missives. One for me to carry, and one for another teammate. B-but only o-one of the scrolls would be the real one." He said.

"Why do that?" Obito asked confused.

"Because we h-had received intel that there might be a traitor hidden somewhere among us." He said. Obito looked mad.

"So then... Who has the real one?" I asked.

"If the traitor had it, he wouldn't have attacked me. W-which means..." Kakashi let out a short breath.

"Him." He said.

"Kakashi, where the other guy?" Minato Sensei asked.

"On the way... Well he..."

"Please... g-get.... the m-m-missive." He guy said, before his eyes widened. He then closed his eyes. Rin gasped, before looking at us.

"He's gone." She said sadly.

"See Kakahead!! I told you. I TOLD YOU!! I said we needed to save that guy!! That was the mission!! But you know what YOU didn't want to do?! Why don't you go ahead and answer that for all of us, oh great and mighty Kakashi!" I said, and he looked down at the ground.
"What?! Oh, so you were MAN enough to leave him to die!! Only seeing him as some sacrificial pawn!! But you can't grow a pair and admit to your mistakes?!" I said crossing my arms.
"Fine then! Kakashi here, tried to save us, by himself. And it ended up, that the man he only saw as a sacrifice, happens to be the man with secret missive!! YOU know what we SHOULD have done?!" I asked standing up, while he growled at me.
"We should have saved him!! And YOU know what I suggested we do? Let me say it louder for the people in the back!! Save him!!!" I said annoyed.

"(Y/N) that's enough!" Minato said in a scolding tone. Suddenly we heard a noise coming from the forest near us, making us all look that way.
"Dammit! Did they hear?" Minato asked.

"Kakashi..." Obito said, putting his hand on Kakashi's shoulder.
"You didn't really do what (Y/N) said right? You didn't really leave someone out there to die?" Obito asked.

Yeah you admit to your mistakes.

"All I did was prioritize the mission. I just followed the rules." He said getting up, as Obito got mad.

"Rules?" Obito questioned.

"Those who don't follow the rules are scum." He said coldly.

"But looked what happened because of the rules?!" Obito said slightly angry.
"If you hadn't turned your back on your comrades, we wouldn't be in this situation!!" He said angrily. Kakashi glared at him.

Yeah you let him have it Obito!!

"Stop Obito." Minato scolded, putting a hand on his shoulder.
"We couldn't have known this would happen. Kakashi's not to blame." He said.

"Dammit!!" He said before swiping Minato's hand off him, and turned around.
"I'm leaving." He said as he walked back towards the bridge.

"Where are you going?!" Kakashi asked.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to go save that guy!" He said slowly walking off.

"But he's back where the enemy attacked us!" Kakashi said.

"It isn't safe. He's right." Minato Sensei said.

"I'm not about to fail at my very first real mission." He said, as he continued to walk.

"We haven't failed." Kakashi scolded.
"We couldn't foresee this!!" He added. Obito stopped in his tracks, with his back faced toward us.

"You know, for an honor student, you're quite dumb sometimes Kakashi." Obito said.

"What?!" Kakashi growled.

"Just think about it Kakashi! The four guards that we were supposed to guard have all disappeared. So who's there to back us up, when we have to say this wasn't part of some plan?!" He said making Kakashi glare at him.

Yeah that's right!! You tell him Obito.

"If the village we are supposed to protect while on this mission, pretends that they knew absolutely nothing about these traitors, Minato Sensei is going to be the one who has to take the blame!" He said looking back at us.

"You don't have to worry about me. Obito our mission's finished." Minato Sensei said.

"Listen Sensei, you can drag me back to the village as many times as you want, but I'm still never gonna give up searching for that guy! I don't turn my back on a comrade." He said before he ran off.

"Obito!" We all yelled in unison.

"Dammit!!" Minato Sensei said, before he followed him.

"Sometimes I want to punch you in the head Kakashi!" I growled before we followed Minato Sensei.

"I guess there's no point in trying to stop you Obito. So I'll go with you back where he fell. Kakashi, downstream, and Obito beyond that. Rin you follow Kakashi. (Y/N) you're with me, I don't trust you to go off on your own." He said.

"Yes sir." Kakashi, Rin, and Obito said.

"But Sensei I-"

"Don't argue with me (Y/N)!" He scolded, and I frowned.
"Let up a signal if any of you find him. Now scatter!" He said, as we all split up. I followed Minato Sensei. We started looking around, but we couldn't find him.

"Sensei I'm sorry." I said, looking at him.

"I'm disappointed with you (Y/N)." He said to me and I frowned.

"But Sensei he started it!! I can't-"

"I don't want to hear it. Now is not the time. We need to focus on the-" he stopped and let out a breath, when a paper bomb was thrown in the air.
"Obito." He said, as grabbed my wrist, and we transported to him.
"Obito you found him?" Minato Sensei said, as we made it to the ground.

"Kakashi went after the enemy to get the scroll!" Obito said quickly.

"He what?!" Minato Sensei growled, before he ran off to find Kakashi.

"What is with you boys and running off!!" I said annoyed before I followed Minato Sensei. I saw him up ahead, quickly making a shadow clone, so I decided to follow his movements.
"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" I said, as a clone of mine popped up, as we ran another direction to cover more ground. I gasped when I saw Kakashi up ahead, fighting a lot of enemies.
"We got to go!" I said as we ran faster. I saw Kakashi slash a man in the chest.

"Don't let the brat get away!" He said before he fell to the ground in pain. Suddenly, a kunai went his direction.

"THROW ME NOW!!" I yelled at my clone as she threw me, allowing me to land in front of the kunai, blocking it from hitting Kakashi.

"(Y/N)!!" Kakashi yelled out wide eyed, as he ran to my aid, noticing the blade sticking into my stomach.

"No one is allowed to lay a hand on Kakashi, except for me! And that's only when he's being an idiot!" I said, getting up, pulling the kunai out of my stomach, hissing in pain. I fell back to the ground, clutching my stomach., coughing up blood.

"Kill them both!" A man yelled, before ninja's jumped through the trees ready to attack us. Kakashi pushed me to the ground, and huddled over my body, preparing to take the hits.

"Kakashi no!" I cried out.

"Rasenflash Super Circle Dance Howl Stage Three!" Minato Sensei said, before every last enemy was electrocuted, and sent flying into the wooden trees. I opened my eyes slowly, to see Kakashi was perfectly fine, and Minato Sensei was picking up the scroll.
"So let me ask you something? Were you able to uphold the principles you believed it?" He asked, before I coughed up blood.

"(Y/N)!" Kakashi and Minato Sensei yelled.

"What happened?!" Minato Sensei asked worriedly.

"She... She jumped in-front of a kunai that was coming towards me. She saved me." He said, and Minato Sensei frowned, he came over to me, and scooped me up in his arms.

"We need to get her to Rin. Now!" He said before he ran off, to head back to the river, where Obito and Rin and the other man had stayed behind.

"(Y/N)!!" They both cried out, as Rin ran over to me.

"She needs aid fast!" Minato Sensei said, as he laid me on the ground.

"Got it!" Rin said quickly getting on her knees to heal my wound. I hissed in pain.

"Don't be so stupid next time Kakashi." I hissed at him.
"I won't do this again. This sucks!" I said, and Minato chuckled, as I waited to be healed.

"Okay! She may need to get checked out when we get back, but I took care of most of it." Rin said, before smiling at me, she took out her hand and I grabbed it, as she helped me up.
Obito came up to me, and stood in front of me.

"Get on my back; I'll carry you for now." He said and shook my head.

"I'll be fine." I said, and he nodded.

"Well then let's get back to the safe point." Minato Sensei said, and we all went to the forest, near the village.
"This completes the mission we were assigned for." Minato Sensei said, as we handed the man the secret missive.

"Yes, I thank you. I owe you all for saving my life." He said to us.
"Well Yellow Flash of the Leaf, I hope we meet again." He said holding his hand out for Minato Sensei to shake.

"Alright then." He said shaking his hand.
"Well let's go!" He said to us as we started our journey back home.

"Sensei, missions really are difficult aren't they?" Rin asked.

"You're right. Things don't always go the way you think they will." He responded.

"Well I'm just glad the secret missive was delivered safely." I said.

"Yeah." Minato Sensei replied.

"We successfully completed our mission!" Obito said excitedly.

"Probably." Kakashi said.

"Why probably? What do you mean by that?" Obito asked.

"Back there, he said he owed us all for saving his life. If the mission was truly successful, he'd be more concerned about the secret missive, than his own life." Kakashi said.

"I still don't understand what you mean?" Obito replied confused.

"The missive he had was a fake too." Kakashi said, making Rin, Obito and I look at him in shock.

"W-what?" Obito said shocked.

"We were probably hired as decoys, while another team delivered the real secret missive. That's probably why they requested Minato Sensei for a C-ranked mission. They must have known a shinobi of Minato Sensei's caliber to escort, would make it appear that we were the team that was guarding the real secret missive." He said.

"Now wait a second, when did you figure that out?" I asked.

"I figured it might have been a possibility the second the first missive was known to be a decoy." He said.

"You mean you risked your life, knowing that the scroll you were going after could have been a phony?!" Obito asked in shock.

"That was the mission, and that's my ninja way." He stated.

"Your ninja way should be thanking people who jump in front of kunai's for you!" I said, as he chuckled.

"I didn't ask you too!" He said amused and I rolled my eyes.

"Still, a 'thanks' would be nice!" I said grumpily, making him sigh.

"Thank you for taking a kunai in the stomach for me." He said sarcastically, and I rolled my eyes.

"That's good enough. Since that's about as much emotion I'm gonna get from you anyways." I said, with a smile.

"Your ninja way, should be washing your mouth out with soap! Don't think I forgot about your little cussing stunt back there (Y/N)." Minato Sensei scolded me and I sighed.

"I have no control over what my shadow clone does, or says! I shouldn't be in trouble for it." I said nervously and he chuckled.

"I'll let it slide, just because you showed true teamwork today." He said smiling at me.

"Why is it that Minato Sensei is more appreciative that I saved your life Kakashi? It was your life!" I said and he chuckled.

"You're not gonna let it go are you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Oh I'm never gonna let it go." I said happily, putting a hand on Kakashi's shoulder, as we continued to run through the trees.

You're something else (Y/N), you're definitely something else. Thank you for saving my life. I guess I owe you one. Kakashi thought to himself, smiling under his mask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: September 9, 2018

Edited: February 22, 2019

I love you guys so much <3

Continue Reading