A Miraculous Year at Hogwarts...

By orphan_account111

[Abandoned, if you would like to continue it, go ahead] Love square?✔️ Other ships?✔️ Hawkmoth?✔️ Hogwarts?✔️... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Uh oh
Chapter 30
2 years later... i return

Chapter 7

1.3K 31 46
By orphan_account111

A/N: Just a heads up, I personally feel uncomfortable having eleven year olds have romantic feelings. Therefore the newest rule in Hogwarts is that first years are 14, the age they are in the show.

   Marinette watched as Adrien stood up and ran towards the doors of the Great Hall with their friends. She turned to Luka about to say goodbye when he interrupted her.

   "Hey Marinette I was wondering if maybe we can have a jam session. Just the two of us?" He asked her turning a light shade of pink.

   "Why not with everyone else?" She asked cluelessly. He smiled and brushed his hair out of his eyes.

   "I don't know. I just want to get to know you better without anyone else around." He said locking eyes with her. She was going to reply when Adrien yelled from the doors.

"Marinette come on we're going to be late!" She laughed in response.

"I'm coming!" She yelled back. She turned to Luka. "I'm always late. If not it's weird." He laughed in response.

"You're so funny Marinette. Your eyes are so pretty when you laugh. They glimmer." Luka charmed her. Marinette felt herself blushing as well.

"Well- I mean- Let's do this jam session tonight." She said before she caught herself. Before he can say anything else they heard a sassy scream.

   "Yo Mari cmon your "new friend" is waiting!" Alya yelled. Marinette smiled and waved goodbye. He was waving back when she caught up to them.

   "I said I was coming Alya." Marinette said simply.

"Yeah. Sure. Cmon girl you're gonna be late. Well the teachers better get used to it now." Alya laughed. Marinette laughed along and walked out of the Great Hall with her. They made their way down the hallway to the 9am charms class. They sat together in the second row. Nino sat in front of them. Adrien followed behind them and took a seat next to Nino. They turned around to talk to the girls.

   "Mari what took you so long in there?" Alya asked her. They all looked at the bluenette waiting for the answer.

   "Uh- Luka wanted to have a jam session with me. Just the two of us." Marinette said. Alya raised an eyebrow.

   "Really. Wow Mari you're getting all the boys 'round here." She said looking at Adrien. Adrien and Marinette both rolled their eyes and Nino laughed. As their conversation ended the teacher, Professor Bustier walked in.

   "Hello class. You may recognize me as Professor Bustier. I greeted you before the sorting. Since this is your first class we will start out with the easiest of spells. The levitation charm. It's a very simple flick of the wrist. Like this." Professor Bustier explained. She demonstrated the whisk and flick. "Whisk and flick the wrist. Everyone partner up and practice." Marinette looked at Alya and smiled. When they started practicing the whisk and flick a shrill voice startled them.

   "Adrikins! Be my partner. Puh-lease!" Chloe yelled running to his table. Marinette forgot that Slytherins and Gryffindors have classes together.

   "Sorry Chloe. Nino is my partner." Adrien said turning away from her. She stomped away to another Slytherin's table.

   "Looks like she gives up with time." Alya said.

   "Nah. She's gonna get worse. She's just planning." Adrien groaned. Marinette rolled her eyes. They continued with the whisk and flick while talking.

   "Is she your cousin or something Adrien?" Nino asked. Marinette forgot he was a muggleborn therefore didn't know who she was.

   "Chloe is a severely spoiled brat and thinks she can get everything she wants because her father is the minister of magic." Alya said. "And what she wants is Adrien." Adrien shrugged.

   "What can I say. That's it. That's pretty much it." Adrien sighed. Professor Bustier walked over to them.

   "Now's not the time for mindless talking. You can do that in potions class if you want to be turned into a frog." The teacher laughed. The students looked to her petrified. "I'm just joshing with you. Now Marinette, come up here." She said pulling Marinette to the front of the class.

   "Looks it's Maritrash!" Chloe yelled from the back. Only the Slytherins laughed.

    "Ms. Dupain-Chang here will demonstrate. Do the whisk and flick of your wrist and point to this feather. Say "wingardium leviosa" while doing so." Marinette gulped.

   "Ok. Wingardium Leviosa." She said doing the whisk and flick. She pointed at the feather and it levitated. She moved it towards Adrien and he sneezed making her drop it.

   "Sorry. I'm allergic to feathers." He apologized making her laugh.

   "Very good Marinette. A common misconception of this spell is someone saying wingardium leviosa without the gar and the o emphasized. Please return to your partner and practice with them." Marinette returned to Alya and high fived.

   "Nice job Mari! Now show me how to do it." Alya exclaimed. The rest of the class was spent practicing the charm.

   "Tonight's homework is to master the spell. You must do for me three times flawlessly on Wednesday morning. See you tomorrow." The class exited the room moving to their next class. History of Magic. In Marinette's opinion, the most boring of her classes. They don't do spells. They just read. She sat down next to Alya again and listened as her teacher, Professor Raincomprix, who's actually Sabrina's dad, went on and on about textbooks and reading. In the end they're homework was to read the first 1/2 if chapter 1 by Friday. After that it was lunch time. Marinette settled in with her friends for lunch. Luka walked in soon after.

   "Hey Luka. How's your day been?" She asked him. He rolled his eyes.

"The new defense against the dark arts teacher is terrible." He complained. "He's very shaky and nervous. An odd one."

"New teacher? Why? What happened to the old one?" Nino asked curiously.

"They say there's a curse on the position, that the teacher can only be there for one year. What used to happen was that something unfortunate would happen to them at the end of the year and to prevent that the teachers are only contracted for one year." Luka explained. Marinette felt a tinge of worry in her stomach. Adrien looked like he was going to be sick.

"I remember my older sisters saying that. We have DADA next so we'll find out soon enough." Alya said. The rest of lunch continued normally as the Gryffindors ate.

• • •

   "Hello class. My name is Professor Ramier and I'll be your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Please open your textbooks to page 6 and start reading." Professor Ramier said sitting down at his desk.

   "Reading? Shouldn't we be doing spells?" Marinette whispered to Alya. She shrugged in reply.

   "Miss Dupain-Cheng, I understand that you may not believe in my methods but that doesn't make them ineffective. I hope not to hear from you in class again." He said not looking up. Marinette turned pink as everyone looked at her. 'How did he hear her' she asked herself as she read. Class went on like that. A disappointment. She was looking forward to that class most. She made her way to flying with Alya. Professor D'Argencourt was the quidditch referee.

   "Today we will learn how to summon a broom." As he demonstrated Marinette quickly got the hang of it. She heard a scream and saw one of her classmates, Myléne, get propelled into the air while holding onto the broom. The Professor sighed and flew up to get her. "I will be taking Miss Hapréle to the hospital wing to get her checked for an injuries. No one can fly." He walked away. Once he was gone Chloe walked towards the four of them.

   "What's this. A book on how to dress?" She grabbed a textbook from Alya and started laughing. Alya rolled her eyes.

"Give that back Chloe." Marinette said reaching for it. Chloe hopped onto a broom and flew into the air.

"Chloe we're not allowed to fly!" Adrien yelled from below. Chloe laughed.

"That's it." Marinette mumbled getting onto a broom. She followed Chloe into the sky. She heard gasps from below but ignored it. She looked down to see Adrien flying below her. "What are you doing?" She yelled to him.

"Same thing as you! Catching Chloe!" With that the two flew around the school trying to catch up to the blonde. She heard yelling from below, making her assume the Professor was back. She saw Chloe land and Marinette and Adrien followed suit.

"The three of you! To your head of house's offices. Now!" He yelled. Adrien and Marinette made their way to Professor Bustier's office. They sat down quietly and stared at the floor.

"Do you know how dangerous, irresponsible, and more dangerous what you did was?" She asked. "You both seemed to be smart, not reckless." Marinette hung her head in shame. "You're lucky I like you both. I'll let you off with a warning. And spots on the Gryffindor quidditch team." They both jumped up.

   "I thought first years weren't allowed to be on the team?" Adrien asked her.

   "You also weren't allowed to fly brooms. Yet you did that. I saw you through my window. You have natural talent. We need a chaser and a seeker. Marinette, I saw your dive. It was perfection. And Adrien, I saw you chase Chloe. Unfortunately the chaser and seeker graduated and we have not found anyone to replace them. Until now. I'll bend the rules. Practice starts tomorrow. You are dismissed." With those words Adrien and Marinette left. When the door closed behind them they stared at each other in shock.

   "Did we just not get punished and make the quidditch team?" Marinette asked gaping.

   "It appears we did. It also appears we're going to be late for herbology. Come on!" Adrien said running towards the greenhouse. Marinette laughed at her excessive lateness and followed.

1626 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240 5 4
Hey Ya'll, this is a series of oneshots to count down until Christmas! This will start on the 20th and go until the 25th! It will cover all four par...
12K 762 46
!miraculous ladybug spoilers, this story starts after the last episode from season 3 (NYC special included)! • In the daytime, I'm Marinette. Just a...
834K 32.3K 103
^*Miraculous Ladybug*^ Ladybug X Chat Noir From the TV Series Miraculous Ladybug, just wanted to hop on the OTP train before it left the station. 10...
109K 1.9K 11
After Ladybug disappears, Paris is in chaos and Chat is untangling her identity, and then the unexpected happens. Lots of Marichat, but also other ot...