The Endearment of the Quadrum...

By brookellemarie

All rights and Naruto related characters go to the man himself Masashi Kishimoto. If you like Drama, Romance... More

Here We Go.
1) First Day Jitters
3) A Practice Exam
4) Do I Like Him?
5) I'm Sorry for Your Loss
6) I Used to Hate the Rain
7) Team Minato is a Go!
8) Battle of the Bells
9) Our First Real Mission:Part One
10) Our First Real Mission: Part Two
11) A Birthday Blast
12) The Kannabi Bridge
13) Losing a Comrade
14) Control the Power
15) Work This Out
16) Throughout the Years
17) Plan's Gone South
18) In the Woods
19) The Truth
20) An Unexpecting Date
21) The Village Hidden in the Rain
22) Moonlight
23) The Sunset
24) A Fake Mission (Lemon)
25) Morning Wood (Lime)
26) Celebratory Dinner
27) The Man in the Woods
28) Daddy Says (Lemon)
29) Lesson Number One
30) The Fight
31) I love you (Lime)
32) A Choice
33) You Made Your Choice
34) October Tenth.
35) Eighteen
36) A Dirty Surprise (Lime)
37) Lizard Tongue
38) Three strikes, You're Out
39) See You later Jerk
P.H.A.S.E. T.W.O.
40) Dear Kakashi, I'm on my way (Lime?)
41) Home at last
42) You're Gonna be Late! (Lemon)
43) Seal the Curse
44) Battle of the Bells, a New Generation
45) Team Seven's First Mission
46) A Past Mistake
47) Four Months
48) Sasuke's Choice Leads to Naruto's Departure
49) Two Can Play at That Game
50) Just About Us (Lemon)
51) Yamato's Here
52) The Final Fight
53) For the Love of a Brother
54) The Akatsuki
55) Water Torture
56) Clay Art
57) Pumpkin Anus
58) A Mysterious Place
59) Fan Fics?
60) Hard to Face Reality: Lemon
61) Passed Around
62) Hidan's Toy (Lemon)
63) The Great Decision
64) It's in Our Blood
65) I Trusted You
66) A Pocketful of Sunshine (A Sweet Escape)
67) Welcome Back Home
68) Apologies
69) Damnit Jiraiya
70) The Calm
71) The Storm

2) Minato's Babysitting

8.2K 322 541
By brookellemarie

"So, (Y/N) how was your first day at the Academy?" Big brother Asuma asked, ruffling my hair, as we started walking home.

"It was good! I learned all about chakra! Oh and guess what?!" I said excitedly, making him chuckle.

"What?!" He asked as excitedly as I was.

"You were right big brother!! I made new friends!!" I said, with a giggle, as he ruffled my hair.

"I'm always right! See big brother's just know these kind of things!" He replied.

"Yeah, but Rin and Obito are my best friends though!!" I said, and he gasped.

"I thought I was your best friend? I can't believe I'm being replaced." He said, with a frown on his face.

"What?! Noooooo!! You're my biggest, bestest friend in the whole wide world!! I love you big brother." I said hugging his sides.

"Alright good. I love you too little sister. And remember, I'm the only boy that doesn't have cooties. Well, neither does dad, but that's just because he's old." He said and I giggled.

"That's not true! Obito doesn't have any cooties either! He said so himself!! Except..." I trailed off while blushing.

"Except what?" Asu asked.

"It's nothing... I-I forgot." I lied, as I felt my cheeks getting warmer.

"Well okay then... Want a piggy back ride home?" He asked and I nodded. He stopped walking, and crouched down so I could crawl on his back. Once I was ready, he carried me all the way home.

As soon as we got to the house, mommy opened the door, and Asu put me on the ground.

"MOMMY!!" I yelled out as I hugged her leg tightly.

"Hey there you two! How was your first day at the Academy (Y/N)?" She asked, as she crouched down to kiss me and big brother, on the forehead.

"It was good!! I learned about chakra, and I made friends!!" I said excitedly, as she smiled at me.

"What about you, young man? How was your first day back?" She asked, as he smiled.

"It was cool." He said, closing his eyes, giving a thumbs up.

"Well I'm glad you two had a good first day." She said before sighing.
"Listen you guys... I wish I could stay with you two tonight, and hear all about your day, but I'm afraid your father needs help at the office. So I have to leave you two, and go help him." She said making me smile wide.

"Can I go with you to see daddy?" I asked as she frowned.

"I'm afraid not tonight little one. A lot of grownups will be there to discuss big people stuff...But, maybe when you're older, you can come." She said, and I frowned.

"Oh... Okay mommy." I said sadly.

"But hey! Someone very special is here to watch over you guys while I'm gone." She said, making me look up at her.

"But mom I can watch over (Y/N)!" Asuma whined.
"Dad says I'm the man of the house while he's gone anyways!" Asu added, making mommy smile. She signaled him to get closer to her.

"I know Asuma. That's why, I'm giving you a top secret mission, that only you can do." She said, as he nodded.

"What is it mommy?" He asked, as she smiled.

"I want you to keep an eye on (Y/N), and over him too." She said, as he smiled wide. "But don't tell him that okay?" She added, as he saluted.

"Yes ma'am!" Big brother Asu said, as she ruffled his hair.

"Good. It's settled then." She said, standing up, and opening the door.

"Hey Asuma! Hey (Y/N)! Looks like you're stuck with me tonight." A voice said, and I looked up.

"MINATO!"
"MINATO!!" Big brother and I said at the same time, as I ran over and hugged his leg, making him chuckle. He bent down and picked me up holding me in his arms. I hugged his neck.

"Oh my... Look how much have you've grown little one?! How old are you now?!Twenty five?" Minato asked me.

"NOOOO!!" I squealed, giggling.

"Hmm? No? Surely you must be thirty two then?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"NOOO!!" I said laughing.

"Well shoot! I could have sworn I was right that last time." He said, before smiling at my mom, who chuckled.
"Hmm, well then, how old are you again?"

"Minato!! I'm four!!" I said holding up four fingers. I giggled when he looked at me in shock. He let out a sharp gasp.

"Nuh-uh..." He said shaking his head no.

"Yeah-huh Minato!" I said, shaking my head yes.

"No way! (Y/N), you're so old now! You're practically an adult!" He said chuckling.

"I know! Before you know it, I'll be your age and old!! I'll be a grandma!" I said and he gasped again.

"I'm not old." He said laughing.
"I'm only fourteen years old!" He said, and I laughed.

"THAT'S OLD MINATO!! You're a grandpa now!!" I said as he ruffled my hair.

"Hey!! Hey!!" Asuma exclaimed, as he tugged on Minato's pants to get him to notice him.
"I'm old too Minato!! I'm old too!!" He said, making Minato smile.
"Mommy and dad say that I'm the man of the house when they are gone!" Asu said proudly, and as Minato chuckled.

"Of course you are Asuma!" He said, crouching down, ruffling his hair, before setting me back on the ground.
"You're both so big! Before you know it, you'll be taking care of yourselves without my help." He added.

"Thank you for watching the kids for me on your day off Minato, I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience." Mommy said to Minato, who shook his head.

"It's nothing, really Mrs. Sarutobi! I love taking care of these two anyways. Besides, it gives me practice for when I want kids of my own one day." Minato said, as I hugged him again, and she smiled.

"Well, I know they are in good hands." She replied.
"I really must be going now! Come here you two." Mommy said, as Asu and I walked over to her. She gave us both a kiss on the forehead.

"Mooomm! Not in front of Minato!" Asu whined quietly, as he wiped the spot where she kissed.
"I'm a man now, remember!!" He whispered, and she chuckled.

"I forgot... That you are Asuma." She said.
"Good bye you three! I'll be home around midnight Minato.. Again, thank you so much. " She said before she walked out the door, leaving the three of us alone.

"So, what do you two want to do today?" Minato asked as I pretended to put my thinking cap on.

"Well... I have to go do homework in my room! Ya know?" He said, as Minato nodded.
"We learned the basics of shadow clone making today, and I have to get it down. Ya know, the manly stuff." He said, shrugging his shoulders, making Minato chuckle.

"Okay, well I'll watch over (Y/N) for you, while you go do your homework in your room." He said, as Asuma nodded.
"I'm here if you need any assistance." He added, ruffling big brother's hair.

"Okay! But don't tell mommy I let you watch (Y/N) instead of me." He said, as Minato nodded.

"It can be our little secret." Minato replies, putting a finger on his lips, to signal the secret sign. Asuma repeated Minato's actions, before running upstairs to his room. Minato looked back at me and smiled.

"So (Y/N), what would you like to do today?" He asked, as I thought up an idea.

"Eat ice cream!!" I said excitedly.

"Hmm, maybe after dinner. Okay?" He asked.

"Aw, okay." I replied frowning.

"Hey! Don't be sad little one! How about I make ramen for dinner?" He asked, as I smiled wide, and shook my head.

"RAMEN!!" I squealed, as he laughed at me.
"Ramen, ramen, ramen, ramen, ramen!!!!" I quickly.

"Well that certainly cheered you up." He said, as I ruffled his hair.

"I love ramen!" I said excitedly.

"Oh I know you do. You eat so much of it, I'm surprised you're not a noodle." He said, poking at my arm.
"Hey! I heard you started at the Academy today... How was it?!" He asked as he sat down on the couch. I crawled on his lap, as I sat down facing him.

"It was really fun!! At first I was really nervous, because I wasn't in the same room as big brother Asu, and I didn't think I was going to make any friends. But then I became best friends with Rin... Oh and Obito!!" I said and he smiled.
"But don't worry Minato! Obito and Rin says that he doesn't have cooties!!" I said excitedly, as he laughed.

"Well that's good! Cooties can be really bad then huh?" He asked.

"Yeah! Well.. I think so..." I trailed off. "Daddy tells me to stay away from boys, because he don't want me to get cooties! So I guess they are bad right?" I asked, as Minato nodded.
"Ohh... Do you have cooties Minato?" I asked, as he laughed.

"I'm too old to have cooties remember?" He asked.

"But I thought all boys except Asuma and Daddy have cooties?" I asked as he chuckled.

"All boys have cooties, until they are old like me. Then we don't have cooties anymore." He said, as I nodded.

"Oh! Okay! I'm glad you don't have cooties, or else you couldn't watch over us." I said as he giggled.
"Minato?"

"Yeah (Y/N)?"

"Can I tell you a secret about Obito?" I asked and he nodded.

"Of course." He replied.

"Well... I think Obito is lying... I think he does have cooties, but he wants to be my friend, so he says he doesn't have them." I said sadly.

"Why do you think that?"

"Earlier today, after we left the mean kaka head, Obito said he might really like me!!" I said excitedly.

"He did now?" Minato asked, smiling at me.

"As a friend though! As a friend! I promise!" I said quickly.
"But here is where the problem comes in okay?" I whispered.

"I'm all ears kiddo." He said. I moved my hands signaling to lean in, which he did.

"Get closer... Someone could hear me, and then I'll get in big trouble." I said, as Minato leaned in. I moved his hair away from his ear, and covered the side of my mouth so no one could hear me.
"It made me feel funny.... My tummy felt weird, and I felt my face get warm... I think Obito has cooties! And gave them to me!!" I whispered, before moving away from his ear.

"I can see how that would be a problem." He said with a chuckle.

"It's not funny Minato! This is serious!" I pouted, as he shook his head.

"You're right, I'm sorry." He said with a serious face.
"This is serious." He replied.

"I know." I frowned.
"But please don't tell daddy or mommy or even big brother Asu that I might have gotten cooties. I still want to be friends with Obito... Okay Minato? Promise you won't tell? Promise?!" I asked. He nodded, holding his pinky out towards me.

"I pinky promise kiddo." He said, making me smile wide, connecting my pinky with his.
"Now you also talked about someone else. Who is this Kaka head that you mentioned?" He asked me, as I scrunched up my nose.

"Well at first I called him the grandpa boy! He's like an old person! He has gray hair! But then I realized he was just a mean, stupid, Kaka Head! Kaka means poopy. He's a poopy head!!" I said, as Minato raised an eyebrow.

"Well that's not very nice (Y/N)." He said as I sighed.

"I don't care." I sassed back.
"Kakashi's not very nice either." I replied, crossing my arms.
"He called Obito an idiot! But don't worry, I took care of him!" I said proudly.

"You took care of Kakashi?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes." I said as Minato shook his head.
"He was really mean to me first! Then Obito was nice to me, and tried to protect me. So then Kaka Head was mean to Obito, so I had to protect him. Then Kaka called me a cry baby, and I told him exactly what my big brother told me. That the will of fire runs through my veins, and that I will one day be stronger than him! Then Obito said he liked me, and I felt weird and that's why I think I have cooties." I said, as Minato's eyes widened, before he put a hand on the top of my head.

"Ya know kiddo, I think that story of yours just went full circle." He said with a giggle.

"Full circle? What do you mean? I didn't talk about any shapes?" I said, making him laugh.
"Minato! Were you even listening to me?!" I asked angrily.

"Yes! I did. You think you have cooties, and Kakashi is a mean person. And no shapes were mentioned. Sound about right?" He asked, as I nodded.
"See? I was listening. Now I want you to listen to me okay?" He said, as I looked up at him.

"Okay." I said with a smile.

"No matter how mean this Kakashi kid is, remember to always try and be kind."

"But Minato—"

"No buts (Y/N). You never know what could be going on in his life to make him mean. Maybe he just feels alone. Or maybe he was nervous just like you." He added.
"We all act differently in certain circumstances. So maybe when he's nervous, he acts mean, just to feel better. He's probably not a bad kid." He said, making my eyes widen.
"And who knows, one day you two could become best friends too." He added making me glare at him.
"Or not!! It was just a suggestion!!" He said quickly, as I smiled.

"Minato?"

"Yes (Y/N)?" He replied, as my stomach suddenly growled.
"Are you hungry?" He asked with a chuckle, as I nodded.

"Can you make some ramen now? I'm kind of hungry." I said, as my tummy growled again.

"Only kind of hungry? It sounds like you have a giant hungry food monster in your belly kiddo." He said, poking at my tummy, making me giggle.

"Okay... I'm really hungry." I said as he nodded.

"Well then, let's go make some ramen, and you can tell me about the rest of your day okay?" He asked, as I nodded.

"Oh-Kay!" I said with a smile, as we went into the kitchen and began to cook the ramen. I told Minato all about what I learned in class, and he even let me stir the ramen as it cooked. Once dinner was ready, Minato called big brother downstairs, and we all ate our ramen, talking about Asuma's day at the Academy.

"How's that shadow clone coming along Asuma?" He asked my brother, who frowned.

"It's horrible! It never comes out right!" He complained, looking down at the table.

"Can I see what you're doing? Maybe I can help you." Minato said, as Asuma looked up at him.

"You can do shadow clone jutsu's?!" He asked as Minato nodded.

"I've been out of the Academy for a while now, and my Sensei taught me how to perfect the art of the multi-shadow clone jutsu." He said, making big brother surprised.

"Whoah... B-but isn't that forbidden?" He asked, with widen eyes.

"Not exactly... Well, for Gennin and lower ranks, it is. And it's technically not supposed to be used in battle." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"A ninja only has so much chakra. The more clones you make, the easier it is for your chakra sense to get used up. That is why it is a forbidden jutsu. If you have a strong enough chakra sense, like Jounin rank or higher, it is easier to control that chakra. They don't recommend you use this technique in battle, unless you have a really strong chakra nature. This is why they only teach you how to make one clone at the Academy." He said, as we looked at him in awe.
"But you'll learn that at the Academy in more detail." He added.
"Can I see what you have so far?" He asked, as Asuma nodded, getting out of the kitchen chair.

"You can do it big brother!!" I cheered.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!!" Big brother said, making hand signs, as a cloud of smoke appeared. All of a sudden a puddle, that looked like Asuma, was on the ground.

"Whoa..." I said in amazement. Asuma growled, and stomped his foot.

"This happens every time!! I'm never gonna get it right!!" He said angrily, as Minato gave him a soft smile. He got up, and crouched down to Asuma's level.

"You've got the hand signs and the motions down! You're practically half way there!! Don't give up." He said, as Asuma looked down at him.
"It took me a while to get it right too, so don't worry." He said, as he stood back up.
"The trick to it is all in your head. In the beginning, you have to close your eyes, and imagine yourself being split into two of you." He said, as Asuma looked at him confused.

"Huh?"

"Hmm... Close your eyes." He said, as Asuma closed his eyes.
"Okay, now I want you to imagine that you're looking into a mirror. Can you do that?" He asked, as I watched Asuma's face scrunch up slightly.

"Okay." Asuma said nodding.

"Can you see yourself in that mirror?" He asked.

"Yes." Asuma said.

"Alright good. This next part is tricky. You need to put your hand up to that mirror and pull your reflection out of that mirror, and towards you. Once you have that done, take a deep breath, and try again." He said, as Asuma nodded.

"Okay..." He said with a small huff.
"Pull him out of the mirror..." He said softly.
"Come on..." He said, before taking a deep breath.
"Shadow clone jutsu!" He said, making the hand signs and opening his eyes. A cloud of smoke arose, and suddenly a clone of Asuma appeared. Well... Sort of.
"Dang it!!" Asuma said angrily.

"Hey! Don't beat yourself up over it." Minato said, ruffling his hair.
"You should be proud. Your shadow clone isn't a puddle anymore. That's a major improvement from the last time." He said as Asuma sighed.

"Yeah, but he looks like a bent piece of paper." He said, as I looked at the clone that was standing, but the waist and up was bent over backwards.

"That might be true, but he's standing now isn't he? There's no doubt in my mind you'll get it soon." He said, as Asuma sighed.

"You think so?"

"I know so Asuma." He replied.

"Yeah! You can do it big brother!" I cheered, as he smiled at me.

"How about we have some ice cream to celebrate?" Minato asked, making us nod happily.

"YAY! ICE CREAM!!" I shouted, as Minato chuckled. He got out the ice cream and put it in bowls for Asuma and I to have, and the three of us sat there and ate our ice cream.

* * *

"Alright kiddos, I think it's time for bed you two." Minato said, after he finished the dishes.

"Awe!" Asu and I said together.

"Now go get dressed, brush your teeth, and get ready for bed. I'll tuck you guys in." He said, before he started wiping down the table. Asuma and I did what we were told.

"Goodnight big brother." I said, giving him a hug, as he kissed my forehead.

"Good night little sister." He replied, walking me to my room.
"Just remember, if any monsters try to bother you, I'll take care of them." He added, as I smiled.

"Don't worry big brother, I'm a ninja in training now! You won't have to save me from the monsters anymore." I said, as he chuckled.

"Asuma? Where are you?" Minato called out.

"Uh oh! I got to go." He said to me.
"Coming Minato!" He yelled.
"I love you. Sweet dreams." He said to me.

"I love you too." I replied, before he ran out of my room. I quickly got into bed, and waited to be tucked in. Minato came into my room and started to tuck me in.

"I'm glad you had a good first day. I can't wait until you're old enough that I can teach you some really cool jutsu's!" He said and I smiled.

"Like the multi- shadow clone jutsu?" I asked.

"Like the multi- shadow clone jutsu." He confirmed.
"And who knows, maybe one day I'll get to be your Sensei! And we can go on cool missions together with the rest of the squad." He said.

"That would be so fun!!" I said excitedly, as he tucked me in.
"Minato?"

"Yes (Y/N)?"

"I told big brother, that I could protect myself from the monsters... But... Can you make sure they aren't here?" I asked nervously, as he smiled.

"Of course." He said, before walking over to my closet, and opening the door wide enough for me to see in it.
"Hmm, no monster here." He said, before shutting the door, and heading back over to my bed. He got down on the ground, and looked under my bed.
"I don't see a monster here either!" He added, before getting back up.
"Looks like, you joining the Academy, scared all the monsters away!" He added, making me giggle.
"Oh wait, I see one!" He said making me gasp, as I looked around the room.

"Where?!" I asked nervously, untucking myself from the covers, and sitting up.

"It's- It's the tickle monster! Rawrrrrrr." Minato said with a evil laugh, before he began to tickle and poke at my sides, making me laugh and scream.

"M-MINATO!!" I cried out in laughter, as he stopped and let me breathe.

"I don't know what happened?! I think the tickle monster just took over my body!" He said drastically.

"It's okay Minato, the tickle monster is a nice monster!" I said making him smile.

"Alright, let's get you tucked back in now." He said, as I got back under the covers, as he tucked me in again.
"Hey kiddo, don't let Kakashi or anyone bring you down! Go at your own pace, and you'll get there. You're gonna be a really strong and mighty Shinobi!" He said.

"You really think so?!" I asked, smiling big.

"I do kiddo, I really do" He said.
"In fact, can I tell you a secret?" He asked and I nodded.

"I bet you're gonna surpass me, and even the 3rd Hokage, your dad, one day." He whispered and I stared at him in awe.

"You really think so?!"

"Hmmhmm." He nodded.
"You can be anything you want to be (Y/N)." He said, poking my noise, making me giggle.

"I can be ramen?!" I asked excitedly.

"Uh..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I don't think that's what I meant... But when you're older, you can have all the ramen that you'd want to eat." He said, making me smile.

"You're the best Minato!!" I said before I poked his nose, making him chuckle.

"Good night kiddo, sweet dreams." He said, before kissing my forehead, and turning off my lamp. He began to walk off, but I stopped him.

"Wait!!" I said, grabbing his hand, before he looked back at me.

"Yes (Y/N)?"

"I know you told my mommy that you like babysitting us, because it gives you practice for having your own kids one day. I just wanted you to know that I think you're gonna be a good dad one day." I said, before I yawned, making him he smile.
"Goodnight Minato." I said, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight (Y/N)." He replied, before walking out of my room.

Minato is right. I'm gonna be the best Shinobi in the whole world. Just you wait Kakashi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is kind of a filler! I wanted some fluffy cuteness!! And I thought, how could I do that!! And then it hit me! Minato! This is the last chapter as a four year old! Yay!

For those of you who are just reading my story! Hi!!! I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it.
Let me know what you think!

Posted: September 4,2018
Edited: February 20, 2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.7K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
212K 7.8K 54
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
84.9K 483 22
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...