Shootin' Shots: Black Boy Joy...

By hopesashes

Ever wondered what it would be like to have your celeb crush all to yourself? Yeah? Let me write it for you! More

Welcome
Think About Me - Saquon Barkley
Drifting - John Wall
Normal Girl- Kyle Kuzma
Often - Quinn Cook
Hold On , We're Going Home - Russell Westbrook
Good News
When We Love| 1 | - OBJ
Damaged | Brandon Ingram
Yo Excuse Me Miss| Markelle Fultz
F*ck It All| Kevin Durant
Come Through and Chill | Terry Rozier
ANNOUNCEMENT
Naked | Jordan Clarkson
Fallin'| Brandon Ingram
Halo | Jimmy Butler
Like You| Lonzo Ball
Noticee
Halo | De'Aaron Fox
Too Deep
Drowning | Bradley Beal
Shot Down | Jalen Hurts
Wasted | Aaron Holiday
When We Love |2| - OBJ
Shot Down |2 - Jalen Hurts
Body Smile| Olaijah Griffin
Bed | D'Angelo Russell
Pretty Little Fears| Jaylen Hands
Come Down - Ben Simmons
Hard Place- Michael Porter Jr.
Funky Business| Brandon Ingram
Close to You- Deshaun Watson
When I Was Your Man- Kevin Durant/ Jimmy Butler
My Song| Trayveon Williams
Cupid| Marquese Chriss
I Don't Belong to You | Jordan Clarkson
Take Your Man pt 1| Kelly Oubre Jr.
Upcoming
Speechless| Cam Reddish
Take Your Man pt 2. | Kelly Oubre Jr
Imagine | Jimmy Butler
Ocean Eyes | Brandon Ingram
NAME CHANGE & GREEN LIGHT|
Celebrate | Devin Booker
Love Language| Aaron Donald
Love Questions| Klay Thompson
No Guidance | Zion Williamson
Case of The Ex| Devin Booker & Klay Thompson
Requests Closed
Updates & Book Closure
Girl of My Dreams| Devin Booker
CASTING CALL: Marriage Bootcamp NBA edition
MBC Cast
Marriage Boot Camp Released
Book 2?

10,000 Hours | Michael Porter Jr.

3.7K 80 13
By hopesashes

Why you always take so long to call me?
Know I gotta wake up in the morning
You know every second adds up to a minute
Need 10,000 hours
We can be so in love

"Don't stop I been counting 'em up." Keshante sang along to Ella Mai's lyrics as she got settled in her bed. After a long ass day of finals, she was beat.

Running her hands through her curly jet-black hair she twisted it into a bun and secured it with pins before she allowed her head to hit the pillow. It still smelt like him. Sighing she picked up her phone and looked at his number before putting it back down.

They'd slept together last Weekend and he still hadn't reached out to her. She guessed he didn't find the time, but he did find the time to be on snapchat and to comment on his ex, Madison Pettis' photos. She should've known better.

Turning over in her bed, she cut off the light before she got settled and tried to piece together how she'd ended up being not only Michael Porter Jr's fuckbuddy but also his secret.

It was simply him, the way he knew he was the shit and exuded it. Aside from his looks, those seductive dark brown eyes and plump pink lips that she'd felt all over her body Michael had hooked her because he was everything she'd dreamed of physically and to an extent personality wise. His confidence was comforting, even when it verged on cockiness it still made him attractive.

Crossing her legs, she began to remember the last time he was between them. A man of many talents, he surely was.

Licking her lips, she bit the bottom as her phone began to ring.

1:15 AM, she'd surrendered to thoughts of him for too long and now like clockwork he was ringing her.

"What do you want?" She hissed as she sat up while she heard him chuckle on the other end.

"Someone's in their feelings, aren't they? What's wrong Shante, you missed me that much?"

She did , but he didn't need to know that. She knew very well how this went. She was good enough to fuck but never good enough to cuff. Would she ever turn down the chance to have him explore her body though? Probably not.

She knew what thinking like that made her, there was no need for it to be said or defined.

"Don't flatter yourself Michael. What do you want?"

She asked again as she looked out of her window into the dark night sky. She could count the stars that were out and found that the sight kept her grounded.

"I want to come over , if you'll let me."

Chocolate, his voice flowed smoothly into her ears and she wished she could find it within herself to not be used.

"I won't."

The words not only shocked her but also him as there was a pause for a moment before his normally smooth tone came out in a stutter.

"Wwwwhat? Did you just say no to me?"

A smile came to her face as she realized that she just had in fact said no to him. She felt some type of way about that.

"Yeah , you should just call Madison."

With that said Keshante hung up before telling Alexa to be quiet and went to sleep. She didn't hear Michael knocking at her door minutes later or receive the two voice mails he left her. However when she woke up for classes the next morning she did see the five text messages he left her.

Babe , you're not serious are you? | 1:45 AM.

Shante open up, I'm outside | 1:50 AM

Keshante , do we need to talk? I don't understand. Open up please.| 2:00 AM

Yo you bugging for real , Shante I'm leaving. | 2:05 AM

Whatever.| 2:10 AM

The tangent of messages gave her mixed emotions. Michael Porter Jr. once was her ultimate dream. Every girl wanted him and she was lucky enough to capture his attention. However she soon realized once she got him that everything that glittered was not gold. Michael had his flaws , a huge bucket full of flaws and they made it so hard for her to see the good in him sometimes. Nonetheless when Michael was good , he was amazing. When it was just those two , their witty back and forths made her feel better, more at peace.

Now , she was just someone he used to deal with. She knew she'd liberated herself but she felt more caged than ever before.

After getting ready she ambled out to her 8 AM history class. The study of Ancient Egyptian Runes proved to be enough of a distraction for Keshante as the hieroglyphs in front of her easily distracted her from the thoughts of her failed situationship. Being that it was the only class she had on Tuesday she speedily made her way back to her room afterward.

What she didn't expect to find however was Michael Porter Jr. lying on her bed, watching her television.

"What the fuck?"

Her voice garnered his attention but didn't startle him. He gave her a small smirk before he grabbed the remote and turned the television off. Patting the spot next to him on the bed she gave him a confused look before wordlessly obliging him.

"I figured we needed to talk , urgently."

The words slid from his tongue like silk. It was that simple to him to explain it all.

"Okay here I am. What are we talking about?"

"I think you should tell me Shante." He levelled with her as he sat up so they were facing one another "You're the one that decided to reject me last night."

"I didn't reject you , I distanced myself."

Michael snorted at her words.

"Yeah well your distancing stung a hell of a lot like rejection. I've never felt that before and I'm trying to make sure I don't again."

"Then maybe you should pretend that we never happened and wipe your record clean."

The sudden bravery coming from her was the evidence of her suffering at the hands of his inconsistency. Had this happened a month ago they would have never reached this standoff, back then she was so in love with him it was nauseating. That was until she found out she wasn't the only one.

"Okay Keshante , what is wrong exactly?"

Staring into her eyes Michael searched them before he reached for her hands only to be denied.

"I can't be your fuckbuddy or your secret or maybe even nothing important to you anymore. Michael unless you want me and only me. I can't keep going back and forth with you."

He let her words sink in before he nodded and got up.

"Alright then" That was all he said before he got up and headed for her door "Heard you loud and clear Shante."

With that said , he nodded towards her and left her room. She couldn't believe it was that simple for him but he was gone. She checked her phone after he left only to see nothing and despite herself she felt her stomach drop as tears sprang to her eyes.

She may have wanted to be free of the bad parts of Michael but the good parts abandoning her had left her bare and in tears.

She didn't know when she'd fallen asleep but she knew that between her crying she'd eventually given up on living her misery and just wanted to not feel for a while. Whenever sleep came between her sniffles, she'd welcomed it.

Opting to skip class the next day , she stayed in her bed from morning until that night still in disbelief. He really didn't fight for her.

He didn't tell her that none of the other girls mattered or that he cared. He just left. She never meant anything to him.

That thought spun through her mind for two weeks of his absence and isolation before her best friend Nina finally pulled her out of her room and dragged her to the iHop nearby so she could get some fresh air and hot food.

"C'mon Kesh , you gotta eat your pancakes. You lost like ten pounds already in two weeks over this big bird looking nigga!"

Nina exclaimed as she grabbed Kesh's hand and made her pick up her fork while Keshante waved her off.

"I'm eating , I just eat slow and he doesn't look like big bird."

"He DoEsN't LoOk LiKE BiG BiRD" Nina mocked her friend earning her a chuckle "C'mon baby love , did you really love him that much?"

"I mean Nina , I've known Michael for a long while and I've always had feelings for him. When we started fooling around that multiplied rapidly even though it was only eight months. So in short , yeah I was in love with that boy."

"Was?"

Shrugging Keshante sipped her drink and Nina didn't push it. The thing about Nina was she had what Keshante lacked. She was always good at reading between the lines.

Looking over the Heartbroken girl's shoulder , Nina cussed to herself as she saw none other than Michael Porter Jr. walk in. Unfortunately as soon as she spotted him , he spotted her and more importantly Keshante. As he began to walk over she bit her lip as she tried to think of ways to avoid this.

"Kesh , come with me to the bathroom?"

She blurted out earning a weird look from Keshante.

"Why , it's literally right behind you and next to the register? I think you're safe Nina."

"Keshante."

Nina rebuttled stubbornly.

"Nina."

Keshante mocked her tone as a shadow was cast over her. Looking up she became obviously stunned at his presence. He looked better than ever. She looked broken.

"Hey Shante, I've been looking for you."

He slid in next to her like it was nothing while Nina rolled her eyes before she spoke up.

"Really? Because she's been in her room , not that hard to find."

Looking up at the short light skinned girl Michael gave her a fake smile before he redirected his attention back on Keshante.

"I went to your room today. I've been missing in action I know but it's only because I heard you and I did what I had to do."

Catching her attention , Michael grinned as her face softened towards him while Nina continued to glare at him.

"What the hell was that?" She queried and this time she earned herself glares form both her best friend and Michael.

Raising her hands in surrender , she scooted out the booth but not before giving him a warning look which he ignored.

"I stopped messing with everyone , I just want you."

"You couldn't just say that Mike?" Keshante finally spoke , her voice a huge contrast to the fire that was burning within her "You couldn't just tell me that you were going to handle things. When you left like that I thought you were just throwing us away."

"I didn't know what to say to you honestly Keshante. You checked me in a way that I've never been checked before. I had to get my head together after that."

Keshante shook her head as a slight smirk came to her face.

"It's about time someone told you that your shit actually stinks sometimes." She flipped. Her hair confidently while he chuckled at her.

"Ehh maybe once in a while , so what are we going to do Shante?"

"We?" Keshante pointed at herself before laughing "You mean you right? Figure it out Porter. I'm not going to reserve your spot forever."

She winked at him and he relaxed into his seat before he pulled her into him and kissed the side of her temple.

"I'm down for whatever to keep my place, we've got time right?"

"Maybe. I'll be counting how long it takes you to impress me."

Michael popped his collar before smiling cockily.

"I'm Michael Porter Jr. baby girl impressing people is what I'm best at."

Keshante pushed him away playfully as she laughed at him.

"I'm not people , you haven't impressed me yet."

-
Dedicated to @2wavy4this

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.7K 51
THIS BOOK IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! (which is moving very slowly lmao) ...bc some things need to change and the present me kinda dislikes this book. in...
234 2 29
My birthday date is my crush
212K 2.4K 40
Whatever comes to mind πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š Please do not read my book if you are under 14. ********Warning Sexual Content*************** Don't report my book eithe...