Contemplation (Anime fanficti...

Door Kikaraaa

When the war had come to an end, rumors spread that Uchiha Sasuke was dead. Three years had passed since the... Meer

αғтerмαтн oғ тнe wαr
Proloɢυe
cнαpтer 1
cнαpтer 2
cнαpтer 3
cнαpтer 4
cнαpтer 5
cнαpтer 6
cнαpтer 7
cнαpтer 8
cнαpтer 9
cнαpтer 10
NarutoWattys
cнαpтer 11
cнαpтer 12
cнαpтer 13
cнαpтer 14
cнαpтer 15
cнαpтer 16
cнαpтer 17
cнαpтer 18
cнαpтer 19
cнαpтer 20
cнαpтer 21
cнαpтer 22
cнαpтer 23
cнαpтer 24
cнαpтer 25
cнαpтer 26
cнαpтer 27
cнαpтer 28
cнαpтer 29
cнαpтer 30
cнαpтer 31
cнαpтer 32
IMPORTANT FOR SASUSAKU
cнαpтer 33
cнαpтer 34
cнαpтer 35
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER: How to get rid of a bich
A/N

cнαpтer 7.5

15.3K 452 374
Door Kikaraaa

Quote of the chapter: "Wise men say, only fools rush in." -Can't Help Falling In Love with you by Elvis Presely

Thinking if I should make another modern SasuSaku story with an integration of League of Legends somehow like Internet Love by @Kit_Katzzz but not copied just similar, what do you guys think? :3

THIS CHAPTER IS MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU GUYS! Thank you so much for sticking to this story until now~

You guys are one of the main reasons why I still update :') If I can update the next chap tomorrow then you are lucky ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

         cнαpтer 7.5

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

It was their last week. Sasuke and Sakura's mission will soon end in a couple of days.

Sighing faintly, the pink medic dropped on her chair as she was brought out her lunch for the day. It was already around four-thirty in the afternoon, by the time she planned to eat.

Struggles in being a doctor.

She broke her chopsticks in half while she opened her bento box. With her busy schedule, she had no other choice but to bring food to work.

"Finally." She commented as she ate the whole sushi with just one bite.

Chewing, she smiled at the delicious flavor. However, the speaker's sounds echoed which interrupted her break.

"Calling Doctor Haruno, you are needed in the Emergency Room."

Once she heard the message, she internally groaned at the thought of more work.

"Calling Doctor Haruno, you are needed in the ER. Thank you." The receptionist repeated before she turned off the speakers.

Sakura took a full-mouth bite on another sushi before grabbing her coat and leaving her temporary office. She sighed once she thought of another risk in being a doctor.

Just as she swallowed, she walked to the halls of Suna Hospital. She took the elevator and she impatiently pressed the button. Her patient is in the Emergency Room, and that was not a good sign.

Once the doors opened to Sakura's destination, she saw nurses running to catch up from an anonymous man who was bringing a box.

"Wait!"

"Thief!"

"Stop!"

The nurses shouted, but to no luck, the man already escaped.

Sakura's eyebrows furrowed, walking to one of the nurses. "Hey Ahri can you tell me what happened there?"

Ahri was startled by Sakura's sudden message. She dropped her gaze and bit her lip in return.

Sakura noticed her hesitation. "Is there something wrong? What happened?" She repeated, a bit in a hurry manner since she does have an immediate appointment.

Ahri gave up on hiding as she honestly answered. "It's been going on for a week now and that man—" she pointed to where the man had left "—had been stealing medicines. None of us, nor any other ninja could catch him. He just seem to vanish with leaving no track."

"Why haven't I been informed about this?"

The nurse in front of her frowned a little.

Ahri grew close to Sakura ever since she came to Suna because she was one of the nurses that was in-charge for Sakura's assistance.

"The admin didn't want to let you be bothered by our own problems since you are considered as a guest in our hospital."

"Nonsense." Sakura replied, placing her hand on Ahri's shoulder. "My mission is to help, that also includes the hospital's medical equipments." She ceased her statement with a flash of her smile.

Ahri nodded as Sakura checked her wristwatch. "Thanks Ahri for telling me, but I need to go now. Duty calls. See you later!"

"I'll update you with any news!" Ahri grinned in response. She continued her unfinished work as Sakura made her way to the emergency room.

\\..~**~..//

"He's alright. He just got a simple surgery. By this time, he only needs rest for at least a month or more." Sakura announced professionally as the mother hugged her with gratitude.

"Thank you so much Doctor Haruno! I wouldn't know what would I do without my son!" The mother cried out as Sakura rubbed circles at her back.

"You're welcome. You may see him now since he requested for your presence."

The mother nodded meekly and she bowed. "Thank you once again!" She stated before she wiped off her tears then she went inside the room.

Sakura grinned happily. Yes, it may be very hard to be a doctor. Although, the feeling when you were able to save or help someone is priceless. So, all of the struggles are definitely worth it.

Sakura advanced to the nurse's station to check the rest of her appointments.

Ahri also came over to check if there are more patients that need to be treated. "Your shift is already finished and the patients are all inside their respective rooms. You are free to go, doctor."

Since she was not an official doctor, she trusted the nurses to take charge of her schedule.

Sakura nodded and scanned the progress of her patients' well-being. As she did, Ahri hesitantly tapped her shoulder which broke Sakura's concentration.

Ahri pointed over the entrance doors with a teasing smile. Sakura followed Ahri's gaze in curiosity, then she saw her comrade walking inside the hospital.

The young nurse winked when Sakura looked back to her. Sakura blushed once she understood the message. She took of her laboratory coat and held it in her hand.

Sakura started the conversation just as Sasuke came to the nurses' station. "I'll just return my lab coat at my office and—"

"I got it!" Ahri yelled and she snatched the coat from Sakura's hand. "Just remember that tomorrow will be the discovery thingy. See you doctor!" She gave a slight smirk before she dashed to the elevator. She ran as fast as she could, so that Sakura could not reject in being with her friend.

It all happened in a snap that Sakura could not even blink while Ahri was talking.

"Let's go then." Sasuke declared and he shoved his hands inside his pockets.

Sakura complied to she was told and she fastened her pace to catch up with him.

Haphazard colors illuminated the sky as the sun was setting by the time Sasuke and Sakura went out of the hospital.

"Do you want to take the long way?" Sakura questioned as Sasuke nodded in agreement. Both of them had walking as their hobbies anyway.

"So, how was your day?" Sakura started the conversation as they strolled around the village.

"Just the usual."

Since Sasuke's job is Sakura's guidance, he was allowed to train or hang out at the temporary apartment. He can even stay at the hospital if he wanted.

Who knows? Maybe was even on a look out for Sakura's safety.

"You?" Sasuke continued their talk as he trailed with Sakura by his side.

Sakura shrugged her shoulders while staring at the magnificent sky in front of her. "If you mean by hospital problems then I guess not."

Sasuke said nothing in response, but he gave a slight nod as acknowledgement.

A few moments passed and the thought that Sasuke does not want to talk about it crossed Sakura's mind since silence took over.

"What happened?" Sasuke maybe an antisocial person, but that does not mean he cannot try to interact.

Although in Sakura's perspective, she was quite astonished that Sasuke was a little concerned. "There was a robbery that happened a while ago and one of the nurses told me that it has been going on for the past few days."

"What did they steal?"

"Medicines, but I think it was just one man."

Sasuke seemed to be interested in the certain problem. A mission perhaps? "How did he escape?"

"He just vanished in thin air with no signs on where he left off."

"Did he use any justsu or scrolls?"

"I'm not sure, still haven't got all the details yet. But based from what I saw a while ago, I think he did use a technique."

Sasuke nodded in understanding as they stopped in front of their apartment. "For now, just get more information about him or if possible catch him."

Was he giving her an advice? As in the Uchiha Sasuke that would usually ignore people's problems was actually helping her?

Sakura snickered at the thought to which caused Sasuke to lift his eyebrow. "Who knew that the Uchiha Sasuke could be a good counselor."

Sasuke rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Wouldn't kill to help." He muttered while unlocking the door as they went inside.

"Yeah but you know it's rare for you..." Sakura answered and she noticed that it hurt Sasuke. Yes, he may be emotionless but Sakura learned to see Sasuke's emotions through his eyes. And now, the look in his eyes was hurt. He was somehow offended.

"Crap. Great work Sakura."

"...and it's very nice of you. I feel special." She sent the one of her biggest and sheepish smiles to him.

Sasuke smirked slightly as he nodded.

If he didn't have much force to stop himself, he would have gave his consent that she was indeed special to him. Even though he is serious on the outside, he is human and still has feelings since Sakura did play a big part in his life.

\\..~**~..//

Planning on checking up on Sakura, Sasuke began to head out and made his way to the Suna hospital.

It had been a day since they talked about the recent crime in the hospital. Fortunately, it grew them closer, but there was still no update.

High-pitched screams from female bystanders, also known as fangirls, caused Sasuke's irritation to increase every passing second.

Frankly, he did not quite understand why girls act on him like that. Girls would freak out and run away from him before since he was one of the most terrified rogue ninja or S-class criminal. Now, girls fawn over him like nothing happened. So much for infatuation.

Did they not know that he could be dangerous? That he could kill them in an instant?

However, he was partly glad that people do not run away from him and most of the citizens already accepted him. On the contrary, it also bothers him that the stupid fangirls would be back to annoy his life.

Sasuke lowered the direction of his sight to avoid the imbeciles as he widened his steps to have a faster pace in the process.

When his vision caught the structure of the hospital, shouts of curses were heard while numerous nurses were catching up from a certain man.

"You stealer!"

"Help!"

"Criminal on the loose!"

"Bastard!"

From a far sight, he could tell that the man was covered in bruises and dirt. He was carrying a box as he ran away from the hospital. His clothes were also ripped while his expression showed nothing but pain and gloom. As the rays of sunshine lightened the road, Sasuke caught a glimpse of the man's tears falling from the edges of the his eyes.

The man slipped from a rock as he trampled down the ground. He coughed and stood up weakly. He took a quick glance at his back and found out that the guards and nurses were only a couple of feet away.

He tried to run away, but his legs gave up on him.

He knew that he would be caught soon. Knowing this, the man still attempted to get away by walking carefully yet wobbly.

"Stay right there!"

Just as the guards came nearer, the man vanished like the speed of light.

"Damn it, we almost caught him!"

"Well, we don't have a choice but to catch him next time."

"Boss will get mad again..."

The guards moved back to the hospital. Taking a peek, Sasuke let go of the man once the guards was out of sight. Sasuke saved his life, despite the fact that he is a criminal.

When the man had fallen, Sasuke grabbed him and brought him to a nearby alley in a flash.

They were hiding by a dark passageway wherein people would rarely go.

The man's eyes widen once he Sasuke's face. "Y-You—"

"I see that you know me."

"B-But why d-did you—I thought you were a good person now! W-Why would you save a criminal like me? I—I should be in j-jail!" The man screeched as he began to cry.

Sasuke was silent and he watched the man in front of him sob in fear. "It was obvious that you were forced. You're even crying as we speak."

The man looked up with warm tears strolling down his cheeks.

"I saved you, right?" When Sasuke asked, the man nodded slowly with a frown.

"In that case, you owe me."

The man started to bow don before him. "Y-Yes, I'll do anything! Just p-please don't tell anyone a-and let m-me go!"

"Good." Sasuke stated as he crouched down to the man's level.

The man thanked him endlessly as Sasuke's words made him stop.

"Then tell me why you were stealing medicines."

\\..~**~..//

A knock interrupted Sakura as she stopped arranging her files.

The talk about the new cures and discoveries just finished and she was back to her current station.

"Come in." Sakura replied and she placed the folders inside a drawer.

The door swung open and it revealed a panting Ahri. "Sakura-chan, I have an update!"

"You look like you've been in a running marathon." Sakura joked while Ahri caught her breath. "What's the update about?"

"Remember the-the man that stole m-medicines?" Ahri asked with uneven breathing. "He stole again."

Sakura was not exactly surprised by hearing the news since she was expecting that he would come back. She was shocked, though, that she was inside the meeting at that time. She would have caught him if she only knew.

The hospital was enormously huge. Sakura was at the other building while the medicine room is at the opposite one. A sigh escaped Sakura's lips as she got all the information she needed with Ahri's help.

Night swamped and both the two shinobi ate supper together.

"So, any update?"

It was one of those miraculous moments that Sasuke would start the conversation.

"Yeah, the man stole medicines again, but now he also stole bandages with a couple of painkillers." Sakura announced as she held her cup.

Sasuke chewed his food while he nodded. "Did you get any information about him?" He questioned after swallowing.

"It was confirmed that he is not from Suna and the citiznes are not familiar with his face. People say that his age was about 30-40. That's about it." She shrugged before gulping the liquid in her cup. "So, any advice, counselor?"

Sasuke had a smug expression painted on his face once he heard Sakura's remark. "Don't assume things much."

Sakura's eye twitched in which she obviously did not understand his statement. "What?"

Sasuke got up and threw the paper cup in the trash bin. "Don't assume things, unless you know why."

Sakura still did not get the connection of his message to the case, but she just let it go. She cleaned the table and washed the dishes instead.

\\..~**~..//

The next day, Sakura did not have patients to heal, so she decided to help on organizing the new medical equipments.

"I'll be right back doctor Haruno, a patient needs me." One of the nurses informed as Sakura gave her permission then the nurse left.

Sakura was rearranging the medicines alphabetically with its specific treatment. She was in a normal mood until she felt a presence inside the room.

She did not need to hold or bring any weapon since her fists was enough to wreck the whole building.

The medical room was quite broad since it contained all of the medicine storage of the hospital. She glanced from aisle to aisle as she heard light footsteps that came from her right side. She went over to the other shelf and carefully took a peek at the next aisle. She realized that a man was grabbing random medicines and was shoving them at a bag.

It was a good thing that the man was facing his back to Sakura because she was able to knock him out with one silent hit.

When the man was out of consciousness, Sakura wiped the dirt off her hands as she spotted half of a picture sticking out of the man's pocket.

She sneakily took the picture with furrowed eyebrows while she scanned the two people present in the image.

"Could it be...?"

\\..~**~..//

"Tell me why!"

"If I tell you, you won't believe me."

The head of the hospital grunted in fury.

It had been an hour since the head and admin interrogated him. So far, no information had gotten out of him.

"May I speak with him privately?" Sakura asked the raging boss, but she calmed down a bit when she found out it was Sakura—their guest.

"I don't think you are authori—"

"With all due respect ma'am, please let her talk to him. I know she's been here for a few weeks, but she might help." Ahri backfired with a stern look.

The head woman had never seen Ahri like that, which means she was dead serious.

After sighing and rubbing her temples, the head of the hospital accepted her request and got out of the room. Sakura thanked Ahri before the nurse left.

The man was seated at a chair with ropes tied tightly.

"I've done a lot of interrogations before. You don't want to know what happens if the criminal does not answer." Sakura cracked her knuckles in preparation for violence. "Now, tell me why."

"I-If I tell you, will you believe me?" The man's eyes was full or regret and sorrow. It was almost as if he was about to cry in reminiscence.

"It's also my job to listen to your part."

The man exhaled heavily as he explained. "I-I have a son. He is very ill." By now, tears were visible at his eyes. "I can't afford to bring him to the hospital because we're unfortunate in the financial aspect. Because of that, I was pushed to steal medicines."

Sakura's eyes widened. "Is that why Sasuke..."

"Don't assume things, unless you know why."

"I see..."

"W-What?"

"This belongs to you, right?" Sakura took the picture out of the pocket at her laboratory coat.

"Y-Yes! That's my son!" The man exclaimed.

It was an image that contains a father and a son, both were holding construction items. The two had smiling faces. This was most probably taken when his son was not sick yet.

"What's your name?" Sakura gave a smile.

"Takama Hoshiro. You're Haruno Sakura right?"

Sakura nodded. She looked at Hoshiro then to the picture and thought of a plan. "Say, let's make a deal."

"A deal?"

"If I heal your son, will you stop stealing?"

"Yes, of course!"

"In that case, let's go." Sakura told as she ripped the ropes off with the use of her hands.

Talk about superhuman strength.

"We need to be sneaky and be prepared on the consequences if the Kazekage finds out about your case on stealing." Sakura warned as the man gulped while nodding.

"Now, how to escape..." Sakura thought of an escape route, but Hoshiro grabbed her wrist.

"I've got it covered." Hoshiro made numerous hand signs.

"A teleportation jutsu? Is that how he escapes?" Sakura thought as they vanished the room and into the outskirts of Suna.

Just as they appeared, Sakura saw a figure near them.

"Sasuke? Don't tell me you're helping him steal medicines!" Sakura stated with her arms crossed to her chest.

"Oh, no. He didn't help me steal, he helped me to get you." Hoshiro said as they walked a few feet.

"When did you meet?"

"Yesterday afternoon. I asked him why he was stealing and brought me here." Sasuke replied. "I'm just helping a man in need."

"You planned this, didn't you?" Sakura placed her hands at her hips like a mother scolding her child.

Hoshiro jumped at a hole, which probably led to his home.

Sasuke just rolled his eyes at Sakura's question and was about to jump but Sakurs stopped him. "How are you so sure that thi—"

"I've been here and whatever that man says, is true." Sasuke jumped as he landed gracefully. He looked up to Sakura. "Jump."

"Are you crazy! That's deep!" Sakura shrieked.

Sasuke mentally sighed. "Jump, I'll catch you."

"Promise? I swear if you—"

"I promise, now jump!"

Sakura closed her eyes shut as she jumped, praying to Kami-sama that she will not die. Then she felt strong arms carrying her bridal style.

"Told you I'd catch you." Sasuke smirked as he let Sakura walk.

"Show off." Sakura just twitched with a pout as they entered a room where the son is.

Sasuke may be the love of her life but sometimes, she just wants to smack that smirk out off his face

They were in an underground house, perfect for hiding. Lighted candles gave light to the place as limited furniture were visible.

"Toshiro, these are our guests. They will be healing you." Hoshiro told his son as the son gave a weak smile.

Sakura observed the kid's wound at his left leg. It was an infection. The deep wound infected the whole body which is why he was weak.

Now, it was Sakura's turn to show off.

"Hi my name is Sakura and I'll be healing you okay?" Sakura informed, earning a nod from the kid.

Emerald light shined at Sakura's hand and extended her hand above the dangerous wound. "How did this happen?" Sakura questioned.

"We were cooking and he accidentally dropped the knife to his leg when the candle lights were out."

Sakura nodded in understanding as she continued to treat the wound. It slowly closed while the infection suddenly disappeared once the scar was healed

A couple of minutes ago, Toshiro was looking like a zombie with the pale skin, but now he was lively as ever.

Toshiro quickly hugged Sakura when his energy was back and was able to feel his left leg again. "Thank you so so so much Sakura-san!" The boy cried in happiness as he tightened his hug towards Sakura.

Sasuke's lips curved up slightly. It honestly impressed him that Sakura's healing abilities improved.

Sakura returned the hug as she reminded. "You're welcome, just remember to be careful with using sharp things, understand?" She grinned then let go of the cute little boy.

"Ma'am, yes, ma'am!" Toshiro saluted which made Sakura chuckle. On the other hand, Hoshiro was sobbing in joy as he embraced his son.

After doing so, he bowed down to Sakura and Sasuke. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He continued to give them thanks as Sakura let him stand up.

"We are known to be shinobi. It's our job to protect people." Sasuke stated as Sakura nodded in agreement.

"You're very much welcome." Sakura bowed to them as well in respect.

"Well done." A voice spoke from behind.

"Gaara." Sasuke responded with a stern expression.

END OF CHAPTER 7.5

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

UNEDITED//PUBLISHED.12.24.14.//

Sorry if that was a little hurried xD and yeah I know cliffhanger but *SPOILER ALERT* it won't be much of a bad ending :D

If you did not read above, I'm thinking if I should make another modern SasuSaku story with an integration of League of Legends somehow like Internet Love by @Kit_Katzzz but not copied just similar, what do you guys think? :3

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and comment!

:)

~TheSketcher

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

313K 8.3K 34
It was all over for Hinata Hyuga the moment she saw Naruto propose to Sakura in front of the Ichiraku ramen stall. She should have stayed in bed like...
254K 6.7K 31
The attack of the Nine-Tails left Konoha in ruins leaving all of its citizens in fear and despair. The two heroes that left the world too soon in ord...
208K 6.1K 18
The war has ended, but nothing is as it should be. Team 7 is always busy and never see each other. Then they are sent on a mission to the Land of Win...
263K 10K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...