The Guarded Princess

By kirariidol

Fairy Tail, a guild known for its prestigious mages and also its destructive nature, was a place where almost... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
Author's Note

XLVIII

3.4K 125 58
By kirariidol

Preparations were going fairly well and the most likely reason was probably that all the countries that had been gathered had all experienced their own war in a sense. Whether it be the Kingdom of Sindria, the Kou Empire, the Reim Empire, the Imuchakk, the Kingdom of Sasan, the Kingdom of Artemyra, or the Heliophat Kingdom, they all had their own history when it came to war. Each one of them cooperated with one another as their subordinates relayed their orders to their commanders and soldiers, not taking a single break in between. Even if their enemy was a small matter, they weren't willing to take it easy.

Sinbad and Ja'far, along with the other generals, organized the system of attacks and some of them went to help their own Kingdom in deciding which strategy was the best to take for anyone knew that they were the ones that would soon ascend the thrones of their Kingdom as the next successors in line.

Kouen along with Koumei, Kouha, Kougyoku, Hakuei, and Hakuryuu commanded their mass Kou Empire's army for, in terms of size, the Kou Empire had the largest one. Moreover, Kouen and Koumei were rumored for their brilliant tactics when it came to both offense and defense. The two were witty and quick to adjust to situations and their fellow siblings carried their orders perfectly. Each one of them was a metal vessel user and it was no wonder how the Kou Empire came to grow because of them.

Scheherazade left the commanding to Muu as Ignatius aided him. In times of war, the Royal Prince Nerva Julius Caluades was left behind for not only was he not capable of djinn equipping but also he had no desire to participate in such. Scheherazade knew all the people close to her and she, who had watched him grow up, knew that he would prove to be of no aid in this war. The Fanalis Corps had been brought in as well for even though they couldn't be compared to metal vessel users, their strength was unparalleled. No one could stand up against them and possibly not even the Imuchakk.

Alibaba went from leader to leader, offering his opinions of what they should do for they shouldn't only rely on their numbers and strength but also choose tactics that would wipe out the enemies with little effort - something that the Kou Empire had already planned on to which Alibaba offered more insight on. Morgiana, too, went with Muu and the Fanalis Corps for she would prove to be of use to them as both a Fanalis and a Household Vessel user.

As they busied around the palace and around the grounds on the island, training for the upcoming war, Lucy watched from the sidelines up on a cliff with a serene face as Masrur stood by her side, watching the soldiers train. The wind softly blew their hair and robes, a cool breeze carried along with it.

"Everyone's doing their best in this war," she smiled and sipped her tea.

"Yeah," Masrur replied. "They're taking everything into precaution."

Lucy continued watching as an ambivalent look crossed her eyes, her lips pulling into a tight frown. "I want to do something."

Masrur looked at her before averting his eyes back onto the training grounds. "It can't be helped."

"You didn't need to accompany me, Masrur. Muu and Morgiana offered you to train with the Fanalis Corps and go over battle plans, didn't they?" she smiled.

"My role is to be by your side. Moreover, I need to utilize it in order to protect you," he said.

"I can protect myself," she chuckled.

"It's a precaution," he answered, earning from her another laugh.

"I see," she softened her eyes. "My metal vessel is through sound so there's not much I can do to help train everyone. Even now, I'm still fighting along the sidelines and not at the front. It's troubling, not being able to fight on the same level as them."

Masrur eyed her with his maroon eyes. "You're wrong about that."

"Huh?" she turned.

"You're fighting along the same line as them and they need you more than you think. You offer them support but not only that, you can use your voice to command," he said, staring straight at her and reached out a hand to ruffle her head. "Don't look so downcast. Right now, you're the strongest asset that we have."

She gave a slight laugh. "Is that so?" her eyes glinting with amusement.

He smiled. "It is so."

As the two continued watching from the cliff, drinking the freshly brewed tea that Lucy had prepared for the morning, a voice came cheerfully yelling from the distance and the two perked up, recognizing that voice.

"Lucy-neesan, Masrur-oniisan!" he waved.

"Aladdin," Lucy smiled.

The young Magi came jogging up to them, his long marine hair flowing behind him, untangled as he held his white turban in his hand, the red ruby dangling from the middle. Slowing down and walking towards Lucy, an ecstatic grin was wiped on his face as he put his hands down beside Lucy as the latter bent down and smiled.

"What brings you here, Aladdin?"

"I just wanted to come to see Lucy-neesan," he smiled before quickly adding, "And Masrur-oniisan."

Masrur bent down and patted his head to which Aladdin chuckled. Masrur was fond of Aladdin and though part of the reason was that he was a Magi, the real reason was that whenever he came, Lucy always had a smile on her face. After all, she was fond of children and it was something that he came to know after walking through the streets of Sindria with her so often.

"It's been a while since we've last seen each other, hasn't it?" Lucy remarked.

"Yeah," Aladdin nodded his head as he sat beside Lucy. "Everyone's been busy preparing with the war and honestly, as a Magi, there isn't much for us to do. Scheherazade-san acts as the High Priestess of the Reim Empire and in a way, she's the core of the army itself. But Magis aren't made to fight in wars so all we can do is assist."

"You have it hard, too, huh?" Lucy pulled her lips into a tight line and smiled. "Is it lonely without Alibaba and Morgiana?"

Aladdin immediately shook his head and grinned. "It just means that I get to spend more time with Lucy-neesan!" he hugged her and giggled. "Being with Lucy-neesan is the best thing in the world!"

Lucy gave a genuine laugh. "The same goes for me as well."

Masrur smiled and watched the two with a contented expression. To him, the two looked and acted so affectionate with one another that it almost seemed like the image of a family. He sat down beside Aladdin and Aladdin grinned back at him.

"Your hair's undone," Lucy noted.

Aladdin looked behind him and chuckled. "I was running up here to find you and it kind of got undone along the way."

"Shall I help you braid it?"

"Of course!" he brightened up and faced his back towards Lucy, humming happily to himself. "I always get it lopsided when I do it myself so it's a lot of work."

Lucy chuckled, understanding his struggle. "That does happen, doesn't it?"

Weaving her fingers gently through his hair, she began braiding his hair with ease as a smile perched itself upon her luscious, pink lips. Aladdin hummed happily as he and Masrur talked about how the preparations were going and how everyone was faring, all while drinking the warm cups of tea and a tray of jam-centered biscuits.

Having finished tying his hair, Lucy put on his magic turban for him. "There. Done."

Aladdin perked up and getting up, he spun around and grinned. "Thank you, Lucy-neesan!"

"There's no need for thanks," she smiled.

Aladdin smiled and sat back down in between the middle of them as Lucy looked out into the distance once again, her eyes scanning the horizon as it searched for something that wasn't physically there. Her expression was clouded and her lips were in a soft line, thinking about the impending war.

"I wonder if we can win this war..." she mumbled.

Aladdin looked at her and seeing the distant look in her eyes, he grabbed her hand and firmly held it in his. Lucy widened her eyes and turned to him, only to see his unwavering eyes narrowed with resolve and belief.

"We'll win this war. We'll definitely win it!" he said. "Uncle Sinbad, Uncle Kouen, Alibaba-kun, Morgiana, Scheherazade-san...everyone is going to give it their all!"

Lucy looked down at her hand which he clutched and smiled. She closed her eyes and turned to the horizon once again, opening her eyes to see the cloudless, blue sky up ahead.

"You're right."

Masrur placed a hand on her head. "There's no one that can go up against the Reim Empire, the Kou Empire, the Kingdom of Sindria, and its Seven Seas Alliance. There are still countless journeys to look forward to and it won't stop here."

"Everything will be over in a flash," Aladdin said with confidence.

Lucy chuckled and turned to the two of them. "If that is what you guys say."

Aladdin grinned and Masrur nodded his head. Lucy and Masrur watched the sun begin to make its way downhill and Aladdin gazed at the two with his marine eyes, thinking to himself just how great it was to be with them. He looked at Lucy and smiled. The moment he met her, he had already known her. It was when she conquered the 13th dungeon, Beleth, that he was finally made sure of it. She was one of his King candidates.

The next morning~

Standing in the midst of the island greenhouse, her white dress and cape trailed behind her - forming a train - as her long, golden hair trailed its way down her back, white flowers pinned in her hair as white diamonds draped its way around her hair, dress, and neckline. The sun shone down upon her figure and the diamonds reflected that light, making her seem absolutely breath-taking as she stood there, still. Her metal vessel dangled from her wrist and it began to shimmer a silver-white before condensing into a large orb. It floated towards her and in her hand appeared the standing microphone.

Its silver-white appearance gleamed under the sun as the gold solidified ribbons reflected the morning light. The wings upon the side of the microphone sparkled as Lucy set it down on the ground with a light tap.

She stared at it with resolute eyes. Thinking back to that time when they had fought the southern creatures, she had spoken into the microphone what she wanted which was to help them. But, she felt another surge in her. Holding a hand to her chest, she felt something much more powerful. If she had the capability to heal and strengthen them by using her voice, then it might just be so that she could command the rukh which governed the other types of magic.

The seeds which plot the soil of the earth,
Rise and bloom from the cold ground.
Bring forth the new life that you carry.
Bud and blossom,

Lucy closed her eyes and chanted in her melodic voice, her microphone glowing a white light.

Come forth with your great majesty and grace!

As she said so, the once barren ground which had only been filled with dry thickets and the barren trees with not even a single leaf from it began to bud, giving birth to new life as it came out from its hibernating state. Stems and vines began to rise from the snow-covered ground and made its way upward, blooming into a variety of magnificent flowers and plants. Everything around her began to bloom and sparkle with life, the leaves a bright and fresh green as the petals of the flowers were dewed with a sweet scent. The others from the castle had seen the forest towards the west begin to enter a spring-like state and everyone watched in disbelief. Before long, the entire island was alive with greenness, something impossible to be seen considering what kind of season it was.

"Hey, hey, what's happening outside?" Sharrkan raised his eyebrow.

"Everything's blooming!" Hinahoho remarked.

"No way," Kougyoku said in awe as her eyes sparkled upon seeing the scenery. "It's absolutely stunning."

"Yeah," Kouha said.

Among all the forests that he had seen, this one seemed the most magical and full of life, completely throwing him off-guard. Sinbad and Ja'far, too, looked outside, wondering what was causing this irregularity. Yamraiha looked just as baffled as the others and even the leaders of the Seven Seas Alliance and their subordinates were stunned, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

That's...Masrur watched from one of the windows of the castle.

"Scheherazade-sama," Muu looked at her.

Scheherazade smiled as she opened her bright blue eyes, affection resting within her eyes. "She figured it out."

Lucy breathed a sigh and as she opened her eyes, the sight that reflected in her eyes was one that she would never forget. Her breath hitched as she breathed in the crisp scent of the fresh winter weather mixed with the smell of the newly-born vegetation. Within an instant, it had all come to life and the rukh flew amongst the greenery with pleasure. Lucy widened her eyes as her lips curled up as excitement wrote itself across her face. She looked around her, taking the beautiful scenery in as she twirled around, unable to suppress her happiness.

As she stepped through the forest, breathing in what she had created, someone watched from afar with a pleasureful expression. Lucy turned and softened her eyes before flashing a bright grin, catching him by utter surprise.

"Kouen!" she laughed.

It was the first time that he had seen such a bright smile from her and her entire being glowed. He watched her, mesmerized and before he knew it, a smile perched itself upon his usual stone, cold face, unable to stop himself from showing such an expression to her. He followed her as she walked through the forests, his crimson red, fur-lined cloak billowing behind him.

If you can smile and laugh like that every day, it's more than enough.

She danced lightly around, her dress and hair flowing along with her as her cape floated slightly upwards behind her. She radiated as she stood there, bathing under the sunlight and she almost seemed like a fairy amongst all the greenery. Kouen smiled and took her by the hand.

"Don't trip. There's still snow on the ground," he said.

"I won't," she smiled with a gentle look in her eyes.

He chuckled and led her along the way. "Who knows?"

Lucy gave a slight pout but smiled as she held his hand back. Walking through the forest together and watching the scenery that she had created, it was what they had long wanted to do. With them in the midst of a war, this time that they spent together was more than valuable.

"Did you create this?" he asked, seeing her metal vessel in her hand.

"I was wondering if there were other types of magic I could use and before I knew it, this sprang to life," she looked around, her eyes glistening with fervor.

"Beautiful," he noted.

"Right?" she smiled.

"No," he met her gaze as she stared back at him in question. "I'm not talking about the scenery. I'm talking about the person who created it."

Lucy widened her voice and her cheeks began to flush red as she hurriedly looked away from him. It was unfair. The way he talked to her in that deep yet soothing voice, the way he acted with her, and most of all, the way he gazed at her with tender and sweet affection was unfair. But, she liked it. She loved his every action and word and those crimson red eyes that continued to look forward to its goal was why she had become drawn to him.

Kouen looked at her with a fond and passionate gaze and held a hand under her chin, lifting her face so that he could meet her eyes. Lucy averted her eyes, looking the way for she didn't want her heart to pound even more.

"Look at me, Lucy."

She met his eyes and seeing the smile perched upon his lips, her heart pounded rapidly. Kouen stared at her with a loving gaze and thought to himself just how beautiful she looked; especially her eyes. He softened his eyes as the corners of his lips curled even more into a genuine smile. Holding a hand at her waist and the other under her chin, he leaned in close to her.

"I love you, Lucy," he confessed.

Lucy just stared at him as her heart continued beating.

"And I'm sure you already knew that," he continued, smirking. "But, I don't think I can control myself any longer and continue to be just your childhood friend."

He bent closer to her, his lips inches from hers, and Lucy just stared at him, his closing face reflecting in her eyes. This time, he wasn't going to stop. Closing his eyes, he planted his lips on hers. How soft and sweet it was and he held her tightly in his embrace. Lucy felt his lips on hers and though she had viewed him as just a childhood friend, somehow, she couldn't refuse it. She relaxed and closed her eyes, kissing him back.

Kouen took her invitation and deepened his kiss, filling it with passion and intensity. He trailed his tongue on her lips, vying for entrance and Lucy opened up. She gasped for air but Kouen wouldn't allow her to. This is what he had wanted after so many years and there was no way he could stop. Lucy kissed him, their tongues entwining in each other's, her face flushed. Seeing how seductive she looked, Kouen tensed up and knew that he should stop or else, he really wouldn't be able to contain himself. He slowly broke away from her and he looked at Lucy who gazed back at him, a dazy look in her eyes.

He grinned. "Wanted more?"

Realizing what had happened, Lucy flushed a beet red as she cupped her hand in her face. "I-It's not like that!"

Kouen laughed whole-heartedly and though she was pouting from his reaction, she couldn't stay angry at him for long. After all, it was the first time she had seen him laugh in such a way since he rarely showed his emotions ever since Hakuyuu and Hakuren had died and he became next in line for the throne. She smiled and she held his hand, looking forward as the two continued walking.

"Kouen."

He looked ahead and perked up. "Hm?"

She clutched his hand and lowered her head a bit, her bangs covering her face to hide her embarrassment. But, her lips were pulled into a tight line as they trembled ever so slightly, her eyes filled with deep regret. Kouen realized what she wanted to say and patted her on the head.

"I just wanted you to know. Even if it takes countless years for you to give me your answer, I'll continue waiting."

Lucy widened her eyes and gave a soft smile. "Thank you, Kouen."

He held her hand and clutched it firmly in his. Lucy held his hand back as the two continued walking through the forest. Even though Lucy wasn't aware of her own feelings and she hadn't responded to Kouen's, somehow, she felt at ease. Whenever she was with him, she felt herself calm down naturally and just having him there made her heart unconsciously skip a beat.

She held a hand over her chest as her face turned a beet red.

"Kouen," she called out to him, her voice but a bare whisper.

"Hm?"

"I think I might be falling for you," she said.

He widened his eyes in surprise and looked at her, her face flushed red as she held his hand even tighter than before. Smiling silently to himself, his cheeks were tinted a slight red as he gave a slight chuckle.

"Is that so?"

Despite the approaching war, not a single worry was fixated on their minds. To them, as long as they were together, they would face whatever situation head-on; even if it were to be the end of the world. He wasn't planning on letting her go nor was he planning to lose anything in this war, not when he hadn't heard her answer yet. Whatever the war held, they would face it together; together with everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 87 17
*This story is under major editing, and many events will be changed, for those who have already read this story. I will try my best to finish it as f...
12.1K 344 13
TRIGGER WARNING: MATURE THEMES SUCH AS SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION ARE INCLUDED. I WILL PUT WARNINGS AT THE BEGINNING OF CERTAIN CHAPTERS *I don't own Fa...
228K 6.4K 38
She was never born to be loved and she herself knew that. As far back as she could remember, there wasn't a single time where she had been loved; eve...
174K 4.7K 24
Lucy Heartfilla was always surrounded by friends. Well that's until a certain transformation Mage named Lissana comes back from the 'dead'. She is...