DEDICATION | Book Two

By urbancreations

Works #2 : Ahmad Hassan Sinclair, 29, finally met his goal in becoming happy and finally letting someone into... More

D E D I C A T I O N
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40
C H A P T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
C H A P T E R 46
C H A P T E R 47
C H A P T E R 48
C H A P T E R 49
C H A P T E R 50
E P I L O G U E
B O N U S C H A P T E R 1
B O O K 3 "Destination,"

C H A P T E R 27

15.8K 1K 1.2K
By urbancreations

The first part of this chapter is a flashback!
Sorry for the wait guys, enjoy!
- Denise 💋

Ahmad and Cali in MM

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Two Months Earlier ...

Marvin Gaye's ultimate classic song, Let's Stay Together played from the speakers out in the backyard as everyone either sat and talked or danced around to the music.

Today Marcus and Kamry were having their baby shower for their babygirl they were expecting in less than two months. Everybody from Kamry's side and a few cousins from Marcus side of the family came to bring in this moment together as a family and so far the day was everything that Kamry could have imagined and dreamed of.

The only problem the two had to deal with was that the venue they had reserved for the shower ended up flooding behind a bad storm, so Ahmad opened up his home with open arms and allowed them to have it there instead.

Inside one of Cali's guest rooms, the girls all sat around and talked as Cali and Alisha helped get Kamry all dolled up for her special day, while the guys did stuff either around the house or outside of the house to make this day a complete success.

The baby shower started in less than two hours and although that seemed like a lot of time, it wasn't. It was so much more that needed to be done, but Kamry wasn't going to stress over it too much. She was going to leave it up to God and let him work his magic.

"How did you want your hair again?" Cali questioned while grabbing more thread to continue sewing her hair.

"Since I am a mother now, I want to get that mom look so hook me up with a cute short bob. I want it layered in the back and a long bang."

Alisha looked over at her and smiled. "That hairstyle is going to go perfect with your dress today. You gon' have Marcus ready to pop two kids up in you." She joked.

Mentally groaning, she closed her eyes. "After this one, I am going to hold off on having kids. Being pregnant is a beautiful thing but so stressful. And honestly the worst part of all of this, is the no having sex. I've never craved Marcus as much as I do now and its so annoying because I can't have him the way I want too."

"I feel you girl, when I was pregnant with Armoni and I got put on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy it was hell. And Ahmad used to be hella childish and do seductive shit on purpose, but it was worth it, my little diva came out healthy and strong." She smiled.

Finishing the last few details in her dress, Alisha stood up. "You complaining now, but wait until she gets here and watch how sex between you and him become real non-existent."

"Ooh yes, Ahmad and I used to have sex at random times, but now we gotta plan that shit."

"Hey as parents you gotta get it in when you can. Shaun and I do the exact samething." Turning to Kamry she touched her shoulder, "So get ready sis those having sex at anytime and any place moments are officially over once you have kids. Kids were born to be natural cock blockers. It's like kids know when you bout to get some because they either start crying, or knocking at ya door wanting to sleep with you.. its just stressful so quickies and shower sex will become something you will find yourself doing alot girl."

Kamry laughed, "Trust me I know, Marcus and I were talking about that the other day. We were watching some movie and the parents were literally about to get it on then the baby started crying and Marcus was like this the shit I ain't lookin' forward too. Mainly because with me being a Nurse, sex is already like planned and scheduled due to me always working and then his schedule is weird as well so adding a baby in that is just gonna really hinder our sex life and just thinking about it makes me sad." She pouted.

Shaking her head, Cali grabbed a few more bobby pins to pin her hair up. "Girl you will be surprised on what you would do for sex. It be times were I'd be like, baby I just put on Lion King that should occupy the kids for at least an hour or so. You tryna meet me in the bedroom or the shower? Like you really gotta take any given moment you guys have and spend it with each other even if its just you guys talking and laying in bed those small intimate moments mean a lot."

"You speaking nothing but facts, it was a time when Shaun and I's schedule was so chaotic at one point to where we literally wasn't talking and it wasn't intentional or that we were mad at each other. It was just whenever he woke up I would already be gone for work and by the time I get home he's either sleep so we were kinda drifting apart but we noticed the change and literally just had to plan for time with each other."

Kamry nodded listening to the both of them. "I'm taking notes and jotting this all down mentally in my head."

"You'll need those notes fasho but overall how are you and Marcus?" Cali questioned.

Kamry smiled, "We're great actually, I mean I was stressing so much over this pregnancy in the beginning, but now things between us have been close to perfect .. he's even been talking marriage."

"Oh wow, that is good to hear forreal."

"It is, I'm so happy for you guys! You both deserve this." Alisha replied as Cali nodded agreeing.

For the past three years everybody has watched Marcus and Kamry go back and forth with this love thing when it was so clear that they were perfect for each other. But in reality they both were scared and too stubborn to believe they were.

It took that last time they broke up and didn't speak for almost two months that Marcus realized he needed to stop playing with her especially since she had been down and was there for him whenever he needed her and vice versa. He realized he couldn't live without her and that alone made him snap back into shape and get his woman back.

They were far from the perfect couple, but their love for one another was quite obvious and only a fool would let someone like Kamry slip away. So Marcus made a vow to himself to never let her go again, and he did just that.

"Thanks girls, but yeah life is good, babygirl is healthy and strong so far. We're just waiting for her arrival at this point."

"Have you two thought of any names?"

"Yeah, we're naming her after Marcus's mother, it was my idea and he of course loved it so yeah. He chose her middle name but he hasn't told me what it is yet."

"His mom name was Mariah right?"

Kamry nodded, "Yeah, but enough about me .. how is everything with Reggie? Did you ever get a chance to call him about the bruise you saw on Marquette's back?"

"Yeah, he claims that he doesn't know what happened, but he was sure that it might've happened at school since Marquette plays really hard." She explained.

"I hope it was just an accident, Marq hasn't said anything or acted a little different?"

"At first, he was saying he didn't want to go over his dad house anymore but after a day or so .. his attitude changed and when I asked Reggie what was up with all that, he told me that he was just mad at him for not buying this toy he wanted."

Alisha nodded, but deep down the situation wasn't sitting right with her. "Where is he now?"

"Jada, dropped him off earlier so he's upstairs sleep at the moment. After I'm done with Ms. Kamry here, I'ma wake him up and get him ready."

Alisha and Kamry didn't ask anymore questions, but they both were a little suspect about the whole situation.

Marquette was spoiled, but he was never the kind of kid to get mad if he didn't get anything. He loved his dad despite his rules, but wanting to not go back over there behind a toy was weird.

After an hour or so passed, Cali was done with Kamry's hair and make-up, and they all helped the guys finish up the last few things that needed to be done for the day.

Walking out with a pan full of meat, Cali handed it to Ahmad who was at the grill flipping burgers and talking with his dad. "Here you go baby,"

"Thank you, are the kids ready to eat yet?"

Looking past him, she looked to see their kids playing with Nolan, Normani and Blessing. "Nah, they having a ball together. But I already set their plates aside so they're good. I'm just about done with the decorations inside."

He nodded, "Alright, well after I put this meat on and you get done with the inside I think we should be set to start. Shaun on his way back with the cake and Derek and Dave just got back with the drinks."

"Okay, well now all we really have to do is wait for the parents-to-be to arrive."

Flipping a burger, he nodded. "Marquette still not up from his nap yet?"

"No, when I went to wake him up .. he asked to sleep a little longer so I just told him once I was completely done with everything that he had to get up."

"Oh alright,"

"Yeah, but I'll be back. I see Alisha fat ass don' found her way to a seat when she's suppose to be helping."

Walking away from him, Cali headed towards Alisha who was holding up her hands in the shape of a heart. "Aw look at y'all two matching with the red and black. Can I say goals?"

"We decided to be that headass couple and match today. Plus he likes to match my fly, and red compliments our skin very well." She blushed. "But um why are you out here like we don't have work to do inside?"

"Anari annoying ass showed up with Chris and they offered to finish setting up with Hazel so I took that as my way out."

Cali rolled her eyes at the mention of Anari. "Is it bad that I don't want her around, but for the sake of my brother I tolerate her existence?"

Alisha shook her head no, "Nope, we all feel that way. Sis does way too much. Shaun doesn't even like her ass so you know that means something."

"Yeah it does,"

Taking a seat on one of the beach chairs beside her. Alisha reached over to move a piece of hair that was flying. "Yeah but anyways back to this outfit, that ass is looking real fat in those pants." She joked.

"I know right, Ahmad actually picked these pants out for me. When we went shopping for the kids a while back. I've gained a little weight since then but they do fit my body real well." Standing and doing a turn, Alisha clapped in approval.

"Girl Ahmad gon' make me fuck around and hire him as a stylist. When it comes to picking out outfits for you and himself he does really good."

Coming up behind Cali, he wrapped his arms around her. "I'll do it but shit first, what that pay looking like though?"

"I pay my stylists twenty-five an hour so yeah that would be your hourly pay." She shrugged.

"You know my number, just hit my line." He joked placing a kiss on Cali's cheek before going back into the house to get a pan.

Taking a seat beside Alisha, Cali sighed. "How is my baby mama doing though?"

"Good for the most part, just living my best life with my kid and aggy ass fiancé." She shrugged.

"Are you two ready to find out the gender for the babies yet?"

She nodded, "Beyond ready, but we got two more months until we do and I'm so anxious to find out. But girl between me and you, I really feel I got pregnant at like the perfect time."

"Why do you say that?"

Sitting up, she criss-crossed her legs. "Well you know lately Shaun has been dealing with the issues with his mama and his dad's health and that alone has been really killing his mood these past few weeks but with me being pregnant, it kinda helps him forget the bad things that are going on in his life. Some days he'll come home and grab me and Nolan and we lay in bed just all cuddled up with his hand rubbing around my belly. I don't ever say anything but I know when he does that, he's just taking a moment to reflect on the good things in his life rather than focusing on the bad."

Going to reply, Cali stopped mid-sentence as the girls snapped their heads in direction of the kids when they heard a child crying.

Smacking her teeth, Alisha stood up when she saw it was Nolan. "Let me take him inside real quick, I'll be back."

Waving her off, Cali stood up herself seeing this as a good time to go get her baby.

Walking back inside the house, she spoke to the ones who were inside then made her way to Marquette's room. Pushing his door open, she turned on his light then got down on her knees.

Moving the covers from over his face, she frowned when she saw his lip was busted. She didn't notice it when Jada dropped him off nor did she when checked on him earlier, but by the looks of it his lip was healing.

Moving the covers some more, it exposed his back and she saw more bruises and marks.

Quickly getting up, she lifted him up gently and carried him into their bedroom. Laying him down on their bed, she pulled the covers over him then left out of their room in a hurry to get Ahmad.

Ahmad spotted her the minute she walked outside, and the look on her face when she approached him had him worried that he did something wrong.

"Baby can you come here for a second .. I need you to see something."

Excusing himself from his dad, he grabbed Cali's hand and let her lead the way. Walking into their bedroom he saw Marquette laying in their bed which confused him, "What's wrong?" He questioned lowly.

"Come look at this," Walking over to him she pulled the covers back exposing his body that showcased the small bruises and cuts he had in different areas. "You see all those marks and bruises on him?"

Stepping towards him as well, Ahmad looked closer to get a better look at em. "Did Reggie or Jada say anything about this? Cause those marks don't look that old. They in the process of healing so they had to know about this,"

Pressing his hand on one of the marks, Marquette winced in his sleep letting Ahmad know that the bruises were indeed fresh.

"He didn't say anything to me when he dropped him off earlier,"

"Well, go call that nigga Cal, we need an explanation on this shit. Cause those don't look like no trip and fall ass marks. Marquette is a tough kid, he falls on a daily and barely gets any bruises, but we drop him off with his nigga for two weeks and he comes back marked up like this! Something ain't right."

"Ahmad, calm down. I don't think Reggie would do anything to harm Marquette." She argued. "That's his son."

"Cali, I ain't say he did this shit. But—"

"But what Ahmad?"

Lookin' at her crazy, he held his hands together in a praying position. "But you gotta remember this still the same nigga who abandoned his son for months and has direspected our family plenty of times. I'm not putting shit passed him cause he can't be trusted. I highly doubt he actually gives a fuck about Marquette's well-being, he showed that he didn't when he up and left him behind some bullshit. And here you go again giving this nigga the benefit of the doubt, when he has shown you time after time he ain't shit. Open ya damn eyes babe."

Sighing, she shook her head. "Ahmad, I know Reggie better than you do and I know for a fact he wouldn't sit here and do some stupid shit like beating his own son." Placing her hand on her forehead she let out a deep sigh. "Just let me handle this, he's my son and if I would have known you'd start acting like this then I would have never mentioned it to you."

Shaking his head, he walked out of the room since he was about to get loud and the last thing he wanted to do was wake his little man up.

Grabbing Cali hand, he nearly dragged her into the next room slamming the door behind him. "I ain't let you handling shit by yourself, he's my son just as much as he is yours. I been here for that boy for the past four years, and for you to indirectly throw in my face that he's yours is fucked up!"

"Well technically Ahmad, its the truth. You aren't biologically his father, he's Reggie's and I son and I feel that as parents we need to handle this together." She argued.

She wasn't trying to discredit the things Ahmad has done over the years with helping raise Marquette, but she felt this was just a situation that needed to be handled with her and Reggie alone.

"So I basically don't have a say in this? All you gon' do is believe whatever fucking lie he tells you, like you always do and you gon' brush this shit under the rug like you did before. This is exactly why kids get abused and mistreated for so long because of dumb ass parenting like this!" He yelled getting pissed off at Cali.

He ain't never been this mad towards her, but the fact that she was trying to leave him out of this when she knows how much he loves and cares for him, it wasn't sitting right with him.

"Really Ahmad? Dumb? So you're calling me dumb now?"

"Yes, this shit ain't no joke! Kids are abused and molested daily and they always tell you when someone is either raped, abused, molested, what ever the cause may be its a good chance its by someone you trusted and least expected." He yelled.

"Ahmad, Marquette would tell me if he was getting abused. I know my son and I know Reggie. I would know if my child was getting abused or not!" She yelled back catching the attention of the people who in their house.

"Clearly you don't cause here we are with clear evidence that some shit is going on and you being fucking retarded and ignoring the signs. And what's up with this my shit any other time its our son, you forreal pissing me off Cali. You know when it comes to my kids I don't play. I've been abused, and my parents did the same shit you're doing, overlooking the signs and not thinking too much into it when this is serious."

"I don't play when it comes to my kids either, but when I know I'm right about something I'll stand my ground and my point."

"Man fuck you, if you wanna be dumb and not fucking believe Reggie might be a suspect in this then fuck it!"

"Fuck you, you always think you're right and you're so quick to point the finger at Reggie just cause he fucked up a few times in the past. No parent is perfect and me and you are prime examples of that so you don't always have to assume the worst when it comes to him."

"I never said we was perfect, but I would never leave my kids like they mean nothing to me because they mean everything to me, but that bitch ass nigga did and he basically showed who he loved more and that was his damn self. So yeah, when it comes to him I will always think the worst cause that nigga ain't shit."

"You're the only one holding onto that damn situation that happened years ago. We have moved on from it and Reggie has stepped up as his father and played his part. You and Reggie's problem is personal and it has nothing to do with what you think he did to Marquette."

Opening the door, Ahmad shook his head. "Man whatever. Like I said this is the reason why kids get mistreated for so long .. dumb ass parenting like this. Don't come crying to me when Reggie lets your stupid ass down again like he has plenty of times before!" He yelled loudly causing Aaron and Shaun to quickly walk over and take him outside while Alisha and Hazel grabbed Cali.

"What tha hell is going on?" Alisha questioned closing the door behind her.

"Ahmad, always think he's fucking right about something. I know Reggie and I know he would never fucking hit him." She cried.

Alisha looked over at Hazel and they shared a look. "Cali, when it comes to situations like abuse .. you have to look at everybody as a suspect. And me personally, I agree with Ahmad. I don't like Reggie, he's shiesty as fuck and he shows that a lot. But you tend to always ignore it or just let it slide because of Marquette .. but with this situation I really think you need to listen to what Ahmad is saying. I'm not saying it is Reggie, but he could be somebody connected to Reggie, maybe his wife, a friend .. who knows."

Cali wiped her eyes, "I'm trying not to think the worst, because when it comes to my kids .. I will snap and lose it. This is my way of trying to remain calm .. of course I do have suspicions that Reggie may have did it, but I'm trying not to let myself get so worked up on that thought and be wrong."

Hazel nodded, "Well then, what are you gonna do?"

Taking a seat on the bed, she shrugged. "I don't even know, my mind is running a mile a minute. I wasn't expecting this and I'm trying to just cool down so I can handle this situation the right way."

"Well whatever you do boo, let Ahmad help. You know he would kill behind that child don't leave him in the dark with a situation like this." Alisha demanded before leaving out to go check on Ahmad.

Cali laid back on the bed with a million things on her mind. She didn't even know where to start in handling this situation but she was going to talk to her son and try to get some answers out of him and go from there.

Present Day...

        Sitting by his hospital bed, Cali held onto his small hand as she watched him sleep. She watched as his chest rose and fell, just glad that he was okay.

One of his eyes was swollen shut, and his lip was busted but other than that he was just fine. All Cali wanted to know was who did this to her baby, she had called Reggie about a million times and he didn't answer not once.

She had got a hold of Jada, but Jada was out of town due to work and she wasn't sure where Reggie was at the moment either.

They had been here all night and it was pushing six in the morning and there was still no sign of Reggie. Cali, wanted to believe that Reggie would never do anything like this but the fact that he hasn't answered his phone or even called it made her believe that he did this.

Lifting his hand, she kissed the back of it. "I'm sorry I let you down baby. Mama is so sorry." Tears began to fall from her eyes some more but she quickly wiped them when she heard the door to his room open.

When Ahmad came into view with food, he walked over to her handing her a bag only for her to decline. "I can't eat right now, its too much on my mind."

"Cali, you haven't ate shit since we been here. You need to eat not only for yourself but for our child you're carrying." He demanded.

Taking the food from him, she finally let go of Marquette's hand, and began to eat but not once did she take her eyes off of him.

"He probably hates me," She sniffled, "He suffered and I'm sure he called out for me and I wasn't there to save or protect him. This is all my fault. I failed him."

Cali felt so guilty in this situation, because she didn't take it as serious as she should have before. She had contacted Reggie and asked him about the marks and everything and Reggie let it be known he wasn't sure what had happened, and she even asked Marquette and he wouldn't say anything so she had put the situation on hold since she wasn't getting any information that she needed.

But now she couldn't help but feel bad for not looking deeper into this as she should have. She felt stupid for believing Reggie, and she felt bad that she didn't listen to Ahmad.

Cali soon felt a hand on her lower back, and she looked up to see Ahmad. "He doesn't hate you Cali and you know that. Stop blaming yourself because of this. You trusted Reggie, and he let you down. The problem is him, not you."

She sighed. "I know, but still—"

"But still nothing, just calm down alright? Marquette is good, and you're good. We'll handle Reggie whenever he gets here."

Standing up, she nodded. "I need to use the bathroom, I'll be right back."

Watching her get up and leave out of the room, Ahmad turned his attention back to Marquette and smiled alittle before taking the seat that was once occupied by Cali and grabbed his hand.

A nurse soon walked in and apologized for ruining their moment, "Sorry, I just need to hook this medicine that helps with the pain to his IV."

Letting go of his hand, Ahmad stood up and let her do her job. "You guys are very lucky, he's a littler warrior." She complimented.

"Yeah he is, have the police left from downstairs yet?"

After she hooked up the medicine to his IV, she stood up and faced him. "I think its one still down there talking to the lady who had called the cops and ambulance. His sister Reneé, had just been questioned and I'm not all sure what she had said but I am sure the police will tell you."

He nodded, "Thank you,"

"You're welcome, I'll be back within' the next hour or so to check on him. Do you need anything sir?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you."

Leaving out just when Cali was coming back, she let Cali enter first before walking out behind her. "What the nurse say?"

"Nothing, she just gave him more pain medicine. The cops might be up here soon. Reneé had been questioned since she witnessed everything go down, hopefully she spilled the truth behind who did this."

"I hope so too," Walking to the side of the bed, Cali bent down and kissed Marquette's forehead before turning back to Ahmad who was already watching her.

"I'ma go to the house, I need to go get some clothes and I want to check on the kids and make sure they're good."

"I can go do that baby, you can stay here if you want too.."

Declining his offer, she grabbed her purse and keys. "It's fine babe, I need time to clear my head. I'll be back and I'll bring the kids up here so they can see him."

"Alright, I love you and drive safe."

Giving him a kiss and a hug, she pulled away and left out of the room. Pulling out her phone, she dialed Alisha's number and listened to the phone ring before she was met with her voice. "Hello?"

"Hey, I'm headed home to get the kids and some change of clothes. Are the kids doing okay?"

Letting out a low yawn, Alisha looked over at the kids who were sleep on the floor in the living room after their sleepover they had after Cali and Ahmad left.

"They're still asleep, is everything okay with Marquette?"

Getting onto the elevator, she nodded. "Yeah he's fine, but he was beat so bad Lisha, I feel like I failed him as a parent and I know Ahmad won't say it but I know he blames me for this."

Walking off the elevator, she exited out the hospital and walked to her car. "Cali, you know that man does not blame you for this. But focus on driving and we'll talk when you get here okay?"

"Okay, love you sis."

"I love you too, drive safe boo."

Putting her phone back in her purse, she unlocked her car and got in. Starting up her ride, she backed out of the parking lot just when it started raining.

She rode in complete silence the whole way home just letting her mind run wild. She was thinking about everything in her life up until now, and she thought about all the things she would say to Reggie the moment she got ahold of him.

Coming up to a red light, she reached down to grab her phone out her purse to call Ahmad but in the midst of that the light turned green.

Giving up on that task, she drove off from the light focused straight ahead just ready to get home to were she didn't see the car that was coming straight to her left side at full speed.

The car hit Cali's side hard and the sound of the car crashing and glass breaking was all Cali could hear and remember before she completely blacked out.

-

The real plot of the story has finally begun,
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks for the love & support
- Denise 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 3.2K 43
"Just one look and I knew this guy was going to be the one to break all my barriers. I'm 26years and I've never dated before. I was always hesitant a...
64.4K 2.4K 37
Sometimes shadows of past cannot be overcome... Myra There is a point in everyone's life which changes them. This point also came in my life which c...
146K 6.4K 40
#1 in husbandandwife 2020 #1 in September 2019 #8 in kindness (12/09/19) Inaya was a girl full of life and always desire to become a successful perso...
61.3K 3.6K 70
There is nothing like first love but then there is nothing like true love also. A love that stands there for you even in the worst times, that is wha...