Of The Darkness (h.s)

By curly_baby

The Apocalypse. Something no one ever put thought to but thinking it would never happen. But the impossible h... More

Of The Darkness {Harry Styles AU}
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
epilogue

seventeen

5.3K 164 27
By curly_baby

Harry.

It took everything I had to get out of bed to talk to Leslie's father. The nerves ate at me and I didn't even know what to say. He is the only male that I could have even thought of to ask the sort of question to. When I arrived, I tried to knock in an attempt not to wake Leslie. He was confused as to why it was me asking for him, but he allowed once I said I had a question for him.

There I was, sat in front of Leslie's father with a question on my hand. I never doubted my understanding of the certain feeling and I still stood firm to my believing, but I wanted to know the answers from someone who has experience with the emotion.

The words felt so strange on my tongue and he encouraged me to proceed with my question. It was a rush of blood to my cheeks when I tried asking him the first time, his understanding one where his daughter must have inherited it.

If it weren't for my blocked off personality, I would have been able to ask the question easier. It's my mental thoughts that always nag at me, bringing me to hate over and over again. My mind has always been hate and I never thought otherwise until now.

All I've ever think about anymore is Leslie. She's consumed every single thought and minute of my day. It's as if she's become a necessity for my life. Liam calls it the 'honeymoon phase', the time in a relationship where neither the boy nor the girl can keep their hands off the other. I don't understand the label but the description seemed highly correct.

But that's just it. I don't know what these feelings are or how to react to them. That's the reason I came to her father; for answers. The question was eight words and eight easy syllables. But it felt as though it was as long as the Great Wall of China. For me, that one question broke down my walls and made me realize something I'd never come to terms before.

"How did you know you were in love?"

My hands immediately covered my face and I ran my fingers through my hair, Leslie's beautiful smile the only thing I was thinking about. I took her father's taken aback expression as one of shock but the forthcoming realization soon settled in. He recognized my lack of knowledge in relationships and attempted to help me.

He spoke, "When I first met Leslie's mother, it was a simple friendship that developed into more. There were times where I never wanted to leave her side; much like Leslie's feeling of safety with you. It was me who spoke the words first and it took her time to understand. We were around the same age as you and Leslie, I was 19 and she was 18. Love is a hard concept to understand but the way I knew I loved Heather was when she took all the stress away. I was in school for law and I played baseball on scholarship. But when with her, she smiled and everything felt as if it was just the two of us."

His statement of Leslie's mother having a smile that washed all the stress away was the stand out. Leslie is the same way; always letting my stress go away with one smile. I was too blind to realize it in the beginning but she's always relaxed me with that smile.

"Are you in love with her?" he had asked, my hand jittering as it ran through my hair.

"I don't know. I feel so strongly about her. It's just- for so long, I never believed love existed and now I feel like I'm in love. I have never felt so drawn to someone before and I wanted to ask someone one who has been in love before," I explained, his brown eyes staring straight into mine.

"From my experience, Harry, is that you need to relax. It's clear to see you have some type of feeling for Lee and I completely support you. You are a guard, for damn sake Harry, and you can defend any harm to come her way. She looks at you the same way Heather looked at me," he smiled, raising my hopes significantly.

One small statement made me feel completely sheepish. I blushed like a maniac and I felt so cared for. Leslie's eyes gleamed when she saw me act like a helpless damsel, her smile never falling from her lips. A completely different person is coming out from under my walls and I don't know how to react to myself.

"What's on your mind Harry?" Leslie asks, her head resting in my lap. Her bright green eyes look up at me and she grabs my hand, setting it on her stomach.

"You're all I ever think about anymore," I tell her, her smile gleaming up at me.

"Aww, Harry. You're so cute," she smiles, poking my nose. Does the burning touch she has signal something?

There's an undeniable feeling of want when I'm with her. I'm overly obsessed with wanting to be with her, making every assurance she's safe, and protecting her from any creatures.

"Harry, seriously, you are in deep thought babe," she says, sitting up and sitting on my legs. My arms wrap around her waist and she lifts my chin, forcing me to meet her gaze.

"What's on your mind? And don't tell me it's me," she whispers, kissing my cheek.

There isn't a confirmation of my feelings but her damn eyes just fade the darkness out of me. My hands pull her closer and her light form curls to my body.

"There is something I feel towards you, Leslie, and I don't know what it is," I admit, her eyes staying focused on mine.

"Is it a bad feeling?" she asks, consideration written on her features.

"No, no. I just- you care about me and I care about you. But yesterday, watching you come apart about someone you used to love, it made me feel something that I've never felt before. I watched in agony at your past pain and I wanted to take it away for you."

She brings her hand to my cheek and my hand grabs hers, my heart beating so rapidly it may beat out of my chest. The effect she has on me is making me react in a way I have grown to accommodate. It's my life now.

"You have my heart," I whisper, her eyes piercing into mine.

"W-What?" she asks, my shaky breathing noticeable when she watches me. She doesn't push me away or come closer, my hand pulling her to terminate the feeling of my nerves.

My fingers play with hers and I take a moment to collect the words, my mind pulsing quickly. Enveloping her hand in mine, my arm flexes to bring her tiny hand to the middle of my chest. My heart pounds against her hand and I keep her hand pressed over the muscle, my eyes flickering up to look at her.

"This is how fast my heart beats when I'm with you. I don't know why, but it's you. My heart belongs to you," I tell her, her slight shock fading into a calm expression. The change in attire I'm wearing today allows her to unbutton the plaid shirt, her eyes looking at my chest. The warm touch she places on my chest sends my heart into erratic beats, Leslie incinerating my senses.

"Harry," she whispers, wrapping her arms around my neck. She places a kiss to my lips and I move to lay her down, kissing her soft lips to relieve the tense muscles in my body. Through our kiss, her hand still stays encased in mine but she moves mine, setting it on her chest. The heartbeat I feel is rapid as well and she keeps her hand over mine.

"My heart is yours," she whispers, my eyes opening to see her. Her light green eyes are open and her blonde hair is splayed around the grass, her beauty radiated even though the sky is so dark.

"Come on, we're going to my house," I say, her head nodding. I stand and bend over, lifting her into my arms. She smiles and I carry her towards the edge, setting her down when I see a few recruits. She laughs lightly and I grab her hand, pulling her closer to me. The few men ignore us and we walk into town, my lips kissing the top of Leslie's strawberry-scented head. She runs towards my apartment and I open the door as quickly as I can, her hand tugging me in as she shuts the door.

"Come on Harry," she smiles, grabbing both my hands. I watch her closely and she leads me to my room, her lips curving into a smile.

"Baby, what are you doing?" I ask, her playful attitude making my head spin.

"We are celebrating."

My hand shuts my bedroom door and I press a kiss to the crook of her neck. "How are we celebrating?"

Her head rolls to the side as I run my tongue over her neck, her fingers unbuttoning my shirt. Her sweet scent intoxicates my senses, her delicate skin smooth under my lips as I suck on her neck. I can feel myself growing harder each second she's touching me.

"On the bed," she whispers, my hands running over her waist. The buttons on her shirt, or should I say my shirt, are undone by my jittery fingers. My head moves out of her neck and I roll my lips over her jaw, kissing just below her ear.

She moves back and I pull the shirt off my torso, her hands doing the same thing. I lay down and she crawls on top of me, pressing her hands to my chest.

"A-Are you ready?" I ask, her eyes meeting mine.

"Not yet baby. Trust me, you'll be the first to know," she smiles, my body relaxing with her words. My hands grab hers and she leans down, pressing her lips to mine. I quickly flip her onto her back and her hands unravel from my own. She undoes her bra and tosses it to the floor, my lips kissing every inch of her perfect figure. My hands remove her tight jeans and underwear, kissing my beautiful girlfriend. Her hands wind into my hair as I start to kiss her pink folds, savoring every taste of her sweet center. My thumb rubs against her clit and her eyes shut, my tongue lazily running over her.

"H-Harry," she moans, barely breathing properly. Her hand grabs mine when I offer, my tongue flicking over her clit in slow movements that has her smiling and throwing her head back. Her lips release a soft cry, the same noise that was made when she first came. My fingers retract from her and I run them over my lips, placing the sweet taste into my mouth.

"Baby, you feel so good," she smiles, my hands running her underwear up her legs.

"Only for you," I smile, kissing her lips. I lay next to her and she sits up, moving to undo the button of my jeans. Her pink lips kiss down my stomach as she retracts the tight material from my legs. She drops them to the ground and I move up slightly, looking down at her.

Her bright teeth grip the waistband of my boxers, sending my head into a euphoric frenzy. We aren't that nervous around each other anymore, that's for damn sure. My hard length twitches and she grips the bottom, taking me into her mouth right away. Her warm tongue smothers me and I throw my head back, biting my lip and muffling the swears that threaten to spill from my lips.

"Fuck baby," I groan, running a hand through her hair. She looks up at me and I feel my heart beating way too fast, her soft touch one I admire. Her cheeks hollow and her hand lightly runs up and down my shaft, my eyes squeezing shut at the hot feeling.

"Take me in your mouth," I tell her, her lips kissing the underside of my length. Her small nod signals and she flicks her wrist up, sending me off edge. My release shoots down her throat and some of my come runs down her chin, my thumb gathering it and pushing it past her lips.

"You're so beautiful," I whisper, her hands holding the one currently in her mouth. She kisses down my arm and kisses my cheek.

"So are you. My beautiful boyfriend," she smiles, her hands pulling up my boxers. She falls back on top of me and her arms surround my head, her lips pressing to every bit of my clammy face. Her burning skin presses to mine and she smiles, my arms holding her waist tightly.

"Did you get a haircut?" she asks, my head nodding. It was way too long and nearly the length of her hair. It was a needed cut that Louis acknowledged.

"Well you look handsome," she says, brushing her nose with mine.

My hands run to cup her bare shoulder blades, her warm skin something I adore about her. We had just expressed to each other that our hearts belong to the other; committing our feelings. If I never had helped her, I never would have been so drawn to her. That thought of never knowing her sends horror to flash through my mind.

"I can see a little green in your eyes," she whispers, gazing at my eyes.

"I know. You're bringing it out," I playfully groan, her lips parting.

"Oh, hush. You like it and you know it," she laughs, my arms lifting her and rolling her over.

"You are going to get it," I rasp, nuzzling my head in her neck. I trail my lips to her skin and she laughs, holding onto the crook of my neck.

"Harry," she laughs, my head lifting up. My lips press to hers and she wraps her arms around me. My hold on her is tight, encasing her with my arms. I'm brought out of the kiss when violent knocking is on the front door. Leslie appears scared and I lift her up, telling her to get dressed. My pants are pulled up my legs and I grab a black tee, running out to my front door.

"Harry, they're everywhere," Liam rushes, multiple screams and creatures running. I nod and tell him I'll be right out. I shut the door and run back to Leslie, telling her to get in my closet. She frowns and I lean down, kissing her strongly.

"I need you to hide. I have to fight," I rush, kissing her again.

"Please be safe. I need you," she nearly cries, my head nodding.

"I need you too beautiful. Just stay hidden," I tell her, kissing her one last time before she shuts the door to the closet. I run out of the room and shut the door to my house, running down the street and shooting any red-eyed creature fighting one of the recruits. I run out to the south and lead a few recruits to Leslie's house, having them stand guard there. They haven't penetrated there yet so her father will be safe.

"Guard this area. I'm going back to the city," I tell one, his head nodding. After I run back, I station myself in a bar that has an open window, shooting multiple creatures from the area.

"Harry!" my heart drops and I see everything go slowly. Liam is kicked in the stomach and thrown against a wall. I quickly shoot the creature and run to my best mate. He's unconscious and I lift him up, shooting anyone in my way. My feet hustle upon seeing Ed's station, pacing the stairs to give Liam the best medical attention.

As I place him down, his head gushing blood, Ed and a few of his helpers turning their attention on him. My body runs out of the building and my eyes see clear streets with ?a few burning piles of creatures around. Scanning the terrain for Louis, I spot him hauling creatures into piles and lighting them on fire with Niall.

"Louis, are we clear?"

"We're clear."

I tell him about Liam and he nods, Niall and him stating they'll check on him. Zayn runs towards us and he has blood running from his eyebrow, explaining that we're clear. My firm nod is taken and I presume my walk home. As I turn the corner, my eyes look down the street and my feet temporarily halt. My heart stops and my breathing is choked down my throat.

My door is wide open.

The realization hits me that I was in too much of a rush that I forgot to lock it and I run as fast as I can in pursuit of Leslie. The door is in tack, no force needed to open it, and I run straight to my room. I fall to my knees and sob, no sign of her light personality anywhere.

What have I done?

My hands tug on my hair and I curl up, hating myself. All I feel is hate and I feel every last despair in my body. All I ever wanted to do was keep Leslie safe and I've let her and her father down. She's gone but a small piece of me hopes she'll find her way back. They took her.

As if everything I have is gone, I sit on my bedroom floor and cry. My heart feels as though it has been forcefully ripped from my chest and I can't possibly feel any better. She was my first girlfriend and the first girl I did anything with. It was so hard to admit it to myself but one thing is for sure.

She's my everything.

............

Hi Lovelies!

Comment what you thought!!!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!

I love you all!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 16 21
They wanted me forever. They told me I would be okay. I was only trying to scare them. "Hello Love." Harry started. "Do you know what happens when y...
1.8K 80 11
Surviving The Dead; **RANDOM NEW CHARACTERS ARE ADDED EVERY SCENE/SERIES** There is no One Direction... There never was. The world has come to an end...
2.2K 156 18
In this dystopian future, everyone is born colour-blind, everything is dull and everyone is depressed and lifeless - that is, until you find your sou...
154K 6K 78
✔️ COMPLETE ✔️ From the young troubled woman, struggling to find herself, Meg comes back stronger than ever. With a profession she loves, her husband...