Ms Sharma And Mr Grey.✅

By thegirlnextdoor7781

This amazing cover of the book is done by @TrendCazie. Thank you so much!!❤️❤️ Smriti Sharma- She is a 25 yea... More

Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter- 18
Chapter-19
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter- 31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter- 34
Chapter- 35
Chapter-36
Chapter- 37
Chapter- 38
Chapter- 39
Chapter- 40
Chapter- 41
Chapter- 42
A/N
Chapter- 43
Chapter- 44
PULWAMA
Chapter- 45
UPDATE
Chapter- 46
Chapter- 47
Chapter- 48
Chapter- 49
Mismatched Love.
Epilogue
Author's Note
HIS TO LOVE.

Chapter-20

27.6K 1.2K 67
By thegirlnextdoor7781

Smriti's POV-

" Mr Grey...." I started.

" Christian." He corrected.

" I am here for work. Indian Embassy." I said.

" But I just saw you exiting Weber Enterprises." He said.

" Oh yes, we were here to meet Mr James. He is a known figure to our organisation." I said.

" And why did you hide in the car as soon as you saw me? Also, you were hiding behind your friends near the coffee shop this morning." He stated.

" That..... I was not trying to hide. It's just that in the car, I had to tie my shoe laces and near the coffee shop, my earing got stuck in Mansi's dress so I was trying to get rid of it." I said.

I know that my excuses are sounding very lame right now.

" I'd like to have a word with you in private." He said.

" Christian, now is really not a great time." I said.

He paid no heed to my words and opened the car's door for me.

I looked at Sunaina who nodded at me.

" Fine." I sighed.

" Adam, to the Carbone's." He said as soon as he took his seat beside me.

" Where are we going?" I asked.

" You will see." He said.

Then it was complete silence in the car.

He was working on his phone. My phone went off. It was mumma.

" Yes mumma." I spoke curtly, taking her call.

" Smriti, I am not your colleague or junior so you better not take that tone with me." She said.

" Sorry mumma." I said.

" Why didn't you call me to inform that you have reached safely?" She questioned.

" It was late at night. Didn't wanted to disturb your sleep." I lied, actually I had forgotten.

" You tell me the truth and say that you forgot rather than showing concern for us." Mumma said sternly.

I was embarrassed.

" Okay, sorry." I said.

" Where are you right now?" She asked.

"Now what should I say? Sitting next to your future son-in-Law?" I thought.

" Mumma, I will talk you o later." I said.

" Fine, but if you don't call me, I will call your in laws and inform them that you are in New York for work. Then they will take care of you." She said.

" Mr Grey already knows." I said.

" That's good." She said.

" Not willing to continue this conversation,

" Bye mumma.' I said.

" Bye." She replied and I hung up.

Christian was looking at me.

" What?" I asked.

" How many times do you say sorry to your mom?" He asked.

And I blushed.

" I kind of keep forgetting to call her and inform her about my well being so she gets mad." I said.

He nodded.

The car had come to a hault.

"Christian got down and opened the door for me like a gentleman.

Wow! Chivalry isn't dead yet.

" Thank you." I said and got down.

It was a fancy restaurant.

" Good evening Mr Grey. Had I been informed about your dinner plans earlier, I had booked a table." A middle aged woman said.

" No Problem Maria, Just get me a table for two." Christian said.

" Sure sir. And whom might this lovely lady be?" She asked politely, looking at me.

" She is my fiancé, Smriti." He said.

She flashed me a smile, I did the same.

She then took us to a table and Christian again pulled a chair for me.

I sat. He took his seat too.

" Wine?" He questioned.

" No, I don't drink." I declined politely.

He ordered cola for me and some god knows which wine for himself.

" Now tell me." He was the first one to speak.

" Mr Grey, I can't exactly talk about my work. I have signed a NDA." I said.

He kept on looking at me.

" I can only be vocal to you about my work after the wedding." I said.

" What if I extract information out of you?" He asked.

" I am sorry to be blunt here Mr Grey, but you will not be able to do that." I said.

And I saw him smirk.

" It that a challenge Ms Sharma?" He asked.

Before I could reply, the drinks were here.

Thank god.

I was sipping onto my cola when he spoke again.    

" You didn't answer my question." He said.

" The only thing I can say is that I work in an organisation similar to FBI." I said.

" I need the details Smriti, I need to know what you do before we get married." He said.

" Mr Grey, I really cannot disclose anything. You see, you are not related to me right now." I said.

" I am damnit, I am your fiancé." He said, I could feel his temper rising.

" Mr Grey. I am sorry but I have signed a NDA. If you are not comfortable, you call call off the engagement, I won't mind at all. I can do it for you if you say. " I said.

" Nothing like that is going to happen. My grandma wants me to get married to you, so be it." He said.

" I can only promise the truth to you after the wedding. Rest assured, I work for the Government of India and not into some illegal activities." I said.

He nodded.

My phone went off. It was Fahim.

" I am sorry Mr Grey, but I have to take this." I said.

" Go on.' He said and I took the call.

" Smriti, you need to come near Times Square right now.  The indian origin terrorist, Imad Asim is spotted here by Lakshya, wearing a bomb. The FBI has been informed but we need to take responsibility that he is deported to India safely so that the military can extract information out of him. If we get him, it can be a huge blow to the terrorist group he belongs to. Make it here ASAP." He said.

He hung up.

" Mr Grey, is any of your family near Times Square?" I asked.

" Yes, Mia's workplace is near Times Square. Why?" He asked.

" Christian, there is no time for questions. Call her and ask her to evacuate that area along with her colleagues right now." I said.

" Calm down Smriti and tell me what is happening." He questioned.

" Christian, please do as I say and I need to leave. Make sure that no one you know linger in that area." I said and jumped out of my seat.

I took a cab hastily and reached Times Square. There, I spotted Rajat and Mansi.

" Where are the rest?" I asked.

They are evacuating the people. Rajat and you keep an eye on Imad Asim. Look, he is sitting there like a civilian and I will update the FBI." Mansi said.

I nodded and she left.

" Rajat, let's just talk to the local authorities and ask them to help us." I said.

" No Smriti, Sanjay sir is handling it. All we have to do is to either lure Imad Asim away from the croud or diffuse the bomb." Rajat said.

" You know we can do neither of it right now.' I whined.

" That's right. All we cn do is to wait and keep an eye on this idiot." Rajat said.

And I managed to chuckle even in this situation.

Hii guys! This is the next chapter. I hope you like it. Tell me what you feel about it. This is all for now. I love you all. Until next time. Byee!

PS- Do vote, comment and share. I appreciate it all!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 3.4K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...
993K 44.4K 38
Ishita Gupta is a Delhi based college going girl who is very shy and timid in nature. She is very much loved by her family and her best friend whom s...
71.3K 4.9K 20
"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥?" __________________________...
128K 12.2K 27
°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...