Perfect Match

tiabia630 által

In a world where placement tests determine your perfect match and the role you play in society follow the sto... Több

chapter 1-Raelynn
chapter 2-Becca
chapter 3-Raelynn
chapter 5-Raelynn
chapter 6-Becca
chapter 7-Raelynn
chapter 8-Becca
chapter 9-Raelynn
chapter 10-Becca
chapter 11-Raelynn
Update
You + Me = Perfect Match
chapter 12-Becca
chapter 13-Rae
chapter 14-Becca
chapter 15-Becca pt.2
Chapter 16-Rae
chapter 17-becca
chapter 18-Becca
chapter 19-Rae
Chapter 20-Becca
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 21-Rae
Chapter 22- Becca

chapter 4-Becca

7.6K 211 59
tiabia630 által

We watched Max and Rae wait for us at the elevator and I smiled at how adorable they were. Neither of them were showing any signs of headspace but it was clear as day they were littles. They took direction from April and I without second thought, they both thrived off of the comfort and support that April and I loved giving, but a big give away were there mannerisms. The way they bounced on their heals as they waited at the door to go swimming, the way they wiggled in their seats at dinner time when they had to go to the bathroom, the huff when they were asked to do something they didn't want to. I laughed as I watched Max pretend to trip over his own feet and bump into Rae causing them both to fall onto the ground in a fit of giggles. Rae was my little and I was falling in love with her every second she was in my presence, but Max was a welcome surprise. I don't know if it was his love for Rae that made me love his little heart too but that little guy was finding his place in my heart.

"Come on goof balls." April said picking Rae up off the grand and letting her push the button. I smiled as she lightly ran her fingers through Rae's blond hair and I knew my best friend couldn't help but love my little Rae either.

The door opened and they both rushed in almost knocking over an elderly couple who were standing inside. "Guys be careful." I said with a sigh. "I'm sorry." I said turning to the couple who were looking fondly at the kids hiding behind April.

"Oh it's fine." The man said with a smile. "There just excited for the pool. Do you remember when our Brandon was that age?" He said turning to his wife.

"Very much. It was my favorite age." She said looking at him "They look very young though. Have they even regressed yet?" She said looking back at us.

"Not yet." April said smile "We actually just met this afternoon."

"How wonderful!" The man said with a laugh. "Enjoy these early stages while you can! They don't last forever! Goodbye kids" He said waving to Rae and Max as they exited the elevator.

As the elevator opened directly onto the pool floor I grabbed Rae's hand and April grabbed Max's hand before they could run out onto the wet tile ground. "Let's go grab a seat first." I said walking us over to a table and directing Rae to sit in one of the chairs. "Before we get out there" I said pulling my hair up in a pony tail and then walking behind Raelynn to put hers up as well. I kneeled in front a Raelynn and raised my eyebrow "Be honest with me because this is very important. Do you know how to swim sweetheart?"

"We went to pool school in 3rd grade." She said with a slow nod "So I know a little bit, but I never did much swimming after that. Max and I would sometimes go to the creak behind his house but it's not very deep. So, I guess I don't know."

"How about you Max." April said looking him in the eye.

"The same. Mom never took me swimming." He said with a shrug. "We never did much honestly."

April and I shared a look as we folded all the towels and removed shoes. The one thing we never understood was how a person got the nurturer placement but did not have a parental bone in their body. Both of us had been lucky enough to have amazing parents and all four of them were so excited to meet the kids.

"Well then." I said poking Raelynn's nose "I guess were just going to have to figure this out together aren't we."

I grabbed her hand and led her over to the shallow side and walked into the pool. "Come on sweetheart." I said as she hesitated on the first step. "You can touch out here. And I won't let anything happen to you." I said holding her hand. She gripped my hand tightly and continued to step into the water until it was to her chest.

"That's it." She said stopping in her tracks with big eyes.

"Ok." I said dropping down, so my chin was hovering above the water. "We don't have to go any further." I lowered my head and blew bubbles in the water causing her to giggle before I turned around and told her to hop on. We swam around the pool chasing Max and April for a while before I decided to try and teach her to swim.

"Ok sweets." I said leaving her on one side of the short end of the pool and then walking a few steps away. "I showed you how to swim do you think you can try to swim to me?"

"No." She said walking into my open arms. "I don't want to."

"Ok." I said with a laugh kissing her on the top of the head. "How about I hold you hear." I said putting my hands under her armpits "And you kick your feet and float behind me."

She tilted her head to the side as she thought about it for a second scrunching her nose up and finally said "okay we can try." I smiled as I started walking around the pool backwards with her kicking her feet following me. After awhile I looked at the clock and pulled her to me tossing her in the air a little bit. "Well munchkin." I said walking towards the stairs "it's time to head back to the room."

"Ah man." I heard Max say behind us.

As I went to set Raelynn down in front of the table she clung to my neck and nuzzled into my shoulder I felt her yawn into my neck and smiled as I sat her down on a chair whispering "one second sweetheart."

I quickly slipped on my shoes and knotted my towel around my chest I then threw Raelynn's towel over her shoulder and picked her up setting her on my hip. "You guys ready?" I quietly said picking her flipflops up off the ground and turning to see Max already at the elevator pushing the button.

"You better not step in that box without these shoes on." April said pointing at the flipflops still sitting under the table. I laughed as Max walked over and slipped on his shoes before skipping into the elevator and getting ready to hit the next button.

As we walked into our hotel room I kneeled and stood Raelynn up in front of me. "Rae sweetheart." I said rubbing her arms "It's time to get ready for bed. April and I stopped at the store to pick up some jammies and clothes for you and Max. Do you think you can take a really fast shower for me and then get ready for bed? You have to get all that yucky chlorine off your body before you go to sleep."

I handed her a set of new pajamas and underwear and led her to the bathroom, so she could take a quick shower. "Come out when you are done, and I will help you with your hair." I said shutting the door behind her. Max was brushing his teeth when Rae walked out of the bathroom all showered and dressed for bed. "Your turn Max." I said pulling Rae in front of me. I brushed her long blond hair and braided it down her back before I handed her a toothbrush and told her to brush her teeth.

Before long April and I were tucking them into bed and turning out the light as we shut the door behind us. "This has been one long but amazing day." April said as she sat down on the couch and I gathered my stuff for a shower. "And to think this morning you were throwing a pity party."

"Oh shut it." I said throwing Rae's wet bathing suit at her "I was seriously starting to doubt we were going to find our match."

"Me too." April said tossing the bathing suit on the counter. "It's kind of funny how it worked out though, with them being best friends. It's almost like I got two matches."

"I was thinking the same thing." I said as I shut the door and hoped into the shower.

The next morning came much to fast as I nervously woke up Rae and Max to start getting them ready for the day. "Hey guys." I said gently rubbing their backs "I know it's early but if we want to stop at your houses before the plane leaves we have to get moving." I said smiling as Rae rolled over and looked up at me. "Good morning pumpkin." I said sitting her up and pulling her on my lap. I smiled as I felt her curl into a small ball and burrow into me. I was surprised at how quickly she seemed to be trusting me, after dinner last night I was afraid she was going to be a bit jumpy. I just hope it will last.

"Stop basking and get moving." April said walking into the bedroom and swatting the back of my head before she walked up to Max and tickled him "wake up sleepy head." She said smiling when she heard his giggles. "You too cuddle bug." She said reaching over and scratching Rae's back.

"She's right bug." I said with a sigh as I picked her up and set her on her feet in front of me. "Where's that pretty smile?" I asked as I kissed both of her cheeks and her nose when I saw that she was frowning. "There it is." I said when she giggled. She ran off to her pile of clothes and started to get dressed as I turned to Max who had managed to fall back asleep.

"Maxxy." I said bending down in front of him "It's time to wake up swee—"

"MAAXXX" I jumped back as a small human cannonball launched past me jumping on top of Max causing him to sit up and scream "It's time to wake up dude." Rae said laying on top of Max.

"Well that's one way of doing it." April said with a laugh as she walked back into the living room.

"Hurry up and get ready you two." I said setting Raelynn back on her feet and walking towards the living room.

"Becca will you do my hair again please." Rae asked chasing after me.

"Of course, bug." I said with a smile. "Just bring me a brush and a—" I started but was cut off as she handed me a brush and a pony tony. "Smart girl." I said moving her to sit down in the chair in front of me.

As I finished her hair Max came running out of the bedroom with a backpack on his back. "I packed mine and Rae's stuff April."

"Thanks bud." She said kissing him on the head "Come eat your breakfast so we can get on the road." We quickly ate our breakfast and packed the car before driving off to Max's house.

When we pulled up to his house Max looked out the window and said, "This is it." Just as the door opened and a stick thin red headed woman poked her head out. "Can you see the smoke?" He asked Rae.

"Are you ready Max?" April asked looking back at him with a smile "You don't need any clothes or things like that. But if you have any toys, or games, or pictures you want."

"He just want's to say bye to Buddy." Rae said as I opened her door.

"You don't know my life." Max said looking over at her as April opened his door.

"You know it's true." She whispered. I was about to ask who Buddy was when a golden retriever ran out the front door and both Rae and Max ran from our sides yelling Buddy.

I was watching the kids run around with Buddy when I heard April introduce herself to Max's mother. "Hi, Mrs. Anderson, it's nice to meet. My name is April I'm Maxwell's caregiver and this is Becca my best friend. Ironically she is Raelynn's caregiver."

"Well You are definitely going to have your handful with these two there always getting in trouble." She said with a roll of her eyes. "I can't believe my son is a little. I'm glad you guys are in code 2 I don't have to deal with that embarrassment."

I looked up at her in shock before I quickly looked over at Max sighing in relief when I saw him laughing with Rae and Buddy in the distance. "Don't." I said putting my hand out to stop April as she went to reply. I smiled at the kids when I noticed they were looking up at us. "It's not worth risking him hearing what his mother thinks" I whispered in her ear. She quietly gasped and quickly looked up and saw Max running towards us and smiled at him holding out her arms for a hug.

"Do you promise to take care of Buddy when I'm gone Mom?" He asked with a smile "He's going to need someone to look out for him now."

"Oh, I don't know." She said with a sigh "I'm sure Freddy will take him off my hands."

"Freddy from the docks, Freddy?" He asked with a small waver to his voice "But that's not his home Mom, this is."

"I only got the dog because you promised you would take care of him Maxwell." She said raising her voice "I don't want or need a dog."

"I know." He said "But I didn't thi—"

"The dog has got to go." She snapped causing both Rae and Max to flinch back. My eyebrow raised when I saw Buddy step between the kids and Mrs. Anderson. April and I didn't even have a chance to step in.

"Come on Max." Rae said taking his hand and pulling him away. She patted her leg and Buddy stepped next to her and they walked inside the house. I looked at April and waited for her to nod her agreement before I followed the kids inside. I followed small footsteps and little sniffles to a small bedroom where I found Max, Rae, and Buddy cuddled in a small closet.

"What's going on in here." I said sitting down next to Max and pulling him into my lap.

"I'm just saying goodbye." He said as I felt teardrops on my neck. "Why are you doing a silly thing like that?" I said whipping the tears off Raelynn's face and pulling her to my side.

"My mom is going to give him to stinky Freddie from the docks. Freddy doesn't even like dogs." He said pulling back to look at me. "We've seen him throw rocks at dogs before."

"Well that's not very nice of stinky Freddy is it." I said as he dropped his forehead on my chest. "Do you know who likes dog?" I asked rubbing his back as he shook his head. "I do! And April does! Do you think Buddy would want to come home with us?"

"Really?" Max asked his head popping up so fast it almost hit my chin "He can come with us?" His chin started to wobble as I nodded my head. "Thank You." He cried throwing his arms around my shoulders and crying into my neck.

"Becca?" I heard April call out in question from outside the bedroom. I tried to stand up but Rae beat me to it by running out of the room to get April. A few seconds later April walked back in the room with Raelynn on her hip wiping the remaining tears from her eyes. "What happened?" She asked setting Raelynn down and reaching out for Max.

"He's just a little overwhelmed." I said with a smile. As I stood up from the closet I heard someone stomping around the corner, so I quickly picked Raelynn up not knowing who was about to barge into the room.

"Take what you need and go." Max's mom said with a sneer before she turned her back and walked away.

"She doesn't want me here anymore?" Max asked with a sniffle looking at April in confusion.

"No baby." April said sitting him on the bed and kneeling in front of him. "She doesn't want me here. Your mom is sad that she's losing you but she doesn't know how to tell you that. She's lashing out because she's sad and that's not fare to you. Go grab your stuff." I set a wiggling Rae down and she crawled under Max's bed and pulled out two skateboards and helmets and a shoebox. Max walked out of the closet wearing a giant coat and holding a bright blue dog leash.

I walked out of the bedroom leaving April laughing with the kids to quickly find Max's mom. "This is your chance to say goodbye to your son." I said when I found her in the kitchen pouring herself a drink of whiskey. "Be a goddamn mother and kiss your child goodbye." I said as I heard the car start outside. Max and Buddy were playing fetch when we walked outside, and he noticed his mother following behind me.

"Maxwell." She said walking up to him and putting her hands on his shoulders and sighing when she saw his red rimed eyes. "I'm going to miss you Maxwell." She said hugging him "I love you son." She pulled back and pushed him towards April with a nod before quickly walking into the house and shutting the door.

"Let's go guys." April said as we opened the doors and let them crawl inside. "One more stop."

"Rae." I said turning around to look at her as we pulled up to her house "Is there anything you want from this house or did you just want to say goodbye to your mom?" I asked.

"I just want to say goodbye. Everything that I like is kept at Max's" she said with a shrug. I nodded my head and took a calming breath as I got out of the car to open Rae's door. As I opened her door the front door of the house opened, and a petite blond woman quietly ran out of the house and dropped to her knees in front of Raelynn.

"I'm so glad you came to say goodbye." She said hugging Rae to her body.

"I told you I wouldn't leave without saying bye Mom" Rae said with a laugh.

"Well I can never be to sure with you two and all the trouble you cause." She said looking over at Max with a fond smile as he giggled. I smiled at the love in the comment and then thought back to how Max's mom had made almost the exact same comment earlier in the day but with no love at all.

Raelynn's mom stood up and looked at me. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Carter." I said "My name is Becca I'm Rae's caregiver. That's April my best friend and she's Max's caregiver."

"It's nice to meet you too." She said with a sad smile. "I would invite you inside, but my husband is sleeping, and I would prefer he stayed that way."

"I understand ma'am." I said with a small smile.

"Go play with Max and Buddy for a second Rae." She said looking down at Raelynn, we watched as she ran off and waited for April to join us. "The bruises are hard to miss so I imagine you know a little of her story. I want you to know that I love my daughter and I did everything I could to protect her. I don't want to say goodbye" She said as a tear rolled down her cheek and she watched Raelynn laughing "But she's clean and fed and I've never seen her laugh this much. Plus, she has Max. But most importantly her father can never get to her again. Just promise to take care of my baby."

"We will." I said sincerely smiling at the laughing girl currently spinning in circles.

"I know." She said. "Come here Raelynn." She knelt one last time and pulled out a locket similar to the one around her neck. "I know you have pictures of you and me in yours and Max's memory box, but I want you to have a locket just like mine, so you will always have a piece of me with you just like I always have a piece of you." She said putting the necklace around her neck. I smiled as I watched Rae open the heart and look at picture of her and her mom inside.

"I love you Mommy." Rae whispered throwing her arms around her chest. Just as her mom was about to respond the front door to the house flew open and a large man walked out on the front porch.

"Raelynn!" He yelled "You better get your little bitch ass up here and explain to me why you didn't come home last night!"

On reflex Raelynn started to walk towards the house and stutter out a response before her mom pushed her back at me. "I love you Raelynn." She whispered.

I picked Rae up and quickly walked towards the car. I buckled her in and hopped in the passenger seat as April quickly put the car and reverse and we floored it down the road leaving Rae's father screaming in the background. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

132 30 30
Have you ever met someone who alters the course of your life? For good or for bad, they've come in, given and taken, and then- BOOM! Your life was...
25.3K 438 9
what happens when Luna is hunting for a place to live but her roommates find out she is a little, read to find out! this is an updated version of my...
1.7K 94 13
Coden Azer had always been the odd kid in the back of the class, he was often muddy, wearing the same clothes as the day before, and never paid atten...
4K 149 35
Nicole and Ariya have been best friends since 3rd grade. When they start college together, Nicole thinks that it's the start to the best years of he...