I WILL PROTECT YOU~ Black But...

By Froggie2004

You are a demon. A demon that, unlike other demons, cares for human life. This all started when you made a co... More

Do you wish to make a contract?
What have you done to me?
Little Phantomhive
Party
Against the contract
Protection
It's been a while
Well then...
Finally found you
Finally found you pt2
Just a quickie
First day of work
Episode one
Episode 2
Talk of the past
Despair
The human and the demon
The human and the demon part 2
The human and the demon part 3
The tale concludes

That Sutcliff

9.4K 298 292
By Froggie2004

"GRELL SUTCLIFF!" Your voice echoed throughout the manor, practically rattling the building. The body of said person visibly shook as he slowly turned around, only to be met with your burning glare.

"I-I'm so sorry, Miss Y/N!" He threw himself at your feet, "I-I-I-I tried t-to clean the w-woodwork! There was a spider in the cupboard! And I—!"

"So... you ripped off the cupboard door, smashed the plates and the dishes... and left... the cupboard... hanging on to the wall by... just ... one... nail?" You asked quietly, trying to wrap your head around everything.

Grell slowly looked up at you with a nervous smile, "uh... yes?"

You smiled back at him, surrounded by a malicious aura, and excused yourself out of the room and into the hall and closed your eyes, "one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and ten." You sighed with a smile and walked back into the room, "everything is okay, it's okay, it's fine, Y/N."
You opened your eyes, "Alright, Grell I— Oh."

"Miss Y/N, don't worry, I'm fixing this!" He proclaimed happily as he began to reattach the cupboard to the wall. Although, he was looking at you... and not the wall, or the nails.

With one swift motion he raised the hammer and swung it down onto the wall. Into the wall.

"AH!" He yelped, trying to get the hammer out, which was just creating a bigger hole. As he did so, the cupboard gave way and fell to the ground. "AH!"

You closed your eyes again, 'inhale... exhale... inhale... exhale...'

"Uh, M-Miss Y-Y/N?" Grell whimpered timidly.

Your eyes opened suddenly with a looks of murderous intent, "GRELL SUTCLIFF!"
________________________________

You stumbled into the main sitting room on the edge of insanity, "I-I apologise for my tardiness..."

"Goodness, Y/N! What the devil is the matter?" Angelica, or Madame Red as she was now known as, exclaimed with concern.

"It's nothing, my lady," you grimaced, "Sebastian, I need to talk with you..."

"... Very well, please excuse me, my lord, my lady." He said as he followed you into the hall, "what is it?"

You gripped onto his arms as if you would fall if you let go and looked up at him with pleading eyes, "Sebastian, I can't cope with that... thing...!"

"With what? Grell?" He raised an eyebrow, "you've been with him for but twenty minutes."

"Look at me, Sebastian... it's been twenty minutes too long. I'm turning grey and I'm going insane... just please, help me out here."

There was a few seconds of silence until you felt Sebastian's arms shake. You looked at him and saw that he was trying to hold back his laughter. Your eyes narrowed. He snickered, "I just find it amusing that something from hell is having a hard time with something so petty."

"I've seen a lot of things, but that thing? That thing is just too much."

You let go of his arms with a look of defeat and a tad bit of embarrassment. Asking Sebastian for help? Oh, please.

After a moment, Sebastian gave you a closed-eyed smile, "I'm afraid all I can do is offer you my condolences and full support."

"Burn, Sebastian."
________________________________

"AH! NOO! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! NO!" Grell screamed as he crashed into the sitting room with the tea on a tray. Mey-Rin, Bard and Finny were trying to follow what was happening until the tea pot and tea cups fell all over Finny. He screamed, "Hot, Hot, Hoooottt!"

Grell panicked, "I'm so sorry! I'll wipe it off!"

Bard scratched his head, "young master, why did we agree to take in such a useless idjit?"

You sighed, "I don't think you are in a position to talk, Bardroy."

"Hey!" 

"I only thought it would be Sebastian and Y/N inconvenienced," Ciel said, "I didn't think I would be as well."

Grell suddenly put a knife to his throat, "I'm sorry for causing all this trouble. I simply don't know how to apologise enough. The only thing I can do now is die. I shall atone with my death!"

"Good." You somewhat cheered, earning a slap on the back of your head from Sebastian.

The servants on the other hand, panicked.

"Whoa! Calm down a second!"

"Ummm, should we take the knife away?"

"Ah!"

Sebastian walked over and took the knife, "There is no need for that. Just think of the horrible mess you would make. It would take hours to clean up." 

Grell looked up at him in awe, "Thank you, Sebastian. You are so very kind."

"That was kind?" Bard asked, quizzically.

"I guess so." You said.
________________________________

"Master, are you ready? I have the carriage in the front drive now." Sebastian said, heading towards the door.

"Fine."

Sebastian continued, "As for the rest of you, I want this place absolutely spotless, do you understand? Grell, perhaps you should sit there and relax so you don't cause any more trouble. Oh, and if you do decide to seek eternal rest, please see to it outside, would you? And try not to make to big a mess. Oh, and Y/N?" He gave you a subtle bow and a smirk, "good luck."

With that, the duo were out the door. Behind you stone-faced facade, all you could think was, 'I'll kill him.'

You turned towards the servants behind you, "Right then, perhaps you lot could go outside and tend to the garden. Grell over here could use the work experience. I will join you shortly."

They nodded and you walked off down to the servant's area. Grell shyly called out to you, "Do you need any help, Miss Y/N?"

You narrowed your eyes and pointed at him, "No."
________________________________

You sat down in the barracks, a newspaper and several papers and files scattered on the table. You sighed in deep thought, "Jack the Ripper... I've never seen anything like it. Decapitation, being burned at the stake, hangings, the rack... I've seen it all but none of it is quite like this." Your index finger brushed against the page of the newspaper, and stopped on a photo of the Vicount Druitt, "Just who are you...?"

There was a silence as you began to think. At first you suspected Grell Sutcliff. The time that he had arrived in the area matches that of the official murders. However, meeting him in person has caused you to cast your eyes elsewhere. You train of thought however, was disturbed by a loud scream from the garden.

"... Good grief."
________________________________

"Why are they all skulls?!" Bard yelled.

Grell began panicking yet again, "No! Not again! I've made another unexceptable mistake! I can not go on any longer!"

"Quit tryn' to die all the time!"

In protest, Grell put his neck in a noose, ready to jump of his platform to his death, "But I have to!"

You walked over to Grell with a sorrowful expression, "My, my... this will never work..."

"Miss Y/N, please don't talk me out of this,
I—!" The brunette pleaded, tears of regret streaming down his cheeks. You shook your head, "if you jump now, what will it accomplish?"

"Miss Y/N..."

"You haven't secured the rope enough." You continued bluntly, causing the other servants to collapse in shock. "Grell, my dear, if you jump, you will just fall to the ground. The rope won't be able to support you. Here let me help — eh?"

Bard started dragging you away, "Don't encourage 'im!" 

"It's a sacrifice that is necessary the betterment of humanity." You said, bored.

"Y/N!"
________________________________

"Lady Elizabeth!" You begged, "... my lady please don't make me where those...!"

"Aww Y/N, they'll look cute on you!" Said girl grinned.

"I-I'm on duty, so it will be improper to be wearing cat ears and a tail..."

'Not to mention, Sebastian loves cats... the thought of what he might do scares me.'

Your mind raced through several scenarios. Sebastian scratching your stomach, petting your head, being nice... you shuddered.

However, while you were thinking this, Elizabeth managed to slip on the tail and cat ears. As you tried to take them off, Ciel and Sebastian walked through the door with horrified expressions.

Sebastian was the first to speak up, "Why are you all dressed like lunatics?" He glanced over at you, "Y/N, you're fine as you are but you three?"

"Ugh..."

"She's crazy!" Bard exclaimed.

"Who is?" Ciel asked. He glanced around and saw that Grell was being hung as a decoration, "What are you doing now?!"

Grell's weak voice answered, "At the moment, I believe I am in the process of dying..."

Ciel sighed with annoyance, "Get him down, Sebastian."

"Yes, my lord."

You crossed your arms, "Damn..."

Suddenly, Elizabeth's voice filled the room as she threw herself into him, "CIEL!!!! Ciel you're back! I missed you so much!"

"E-Elizabeth, what a surprise...!"

She then began scolding him about calling her 'Lizzie' . Though, you weren't really paying attention. When it came to Elizabeth, you usually try to zone her out. No offence to the girl.

But something caught your attention. Elizabeth smiled at Sebastian, "Oh, and I have a gift for you, too!"

"Ah?"

"Here!" She beamed, placing a large, pink, flowery hat on the man's head.

If you had a drink in your mouth, this would be the part where you dramatically spit it out. It was hilarious. Sebastian's smile never faltered until the servants began giggling - to which his smile became a death glare.

You smirked up at him, "Awww, bwess you, wittle Sebastian..."

His eyebrow twitched in anger, "Shut up."

A few moments passed of you snickering until you noticed Sebastian, softly touching your cat ears, faintly blushing. You slapped his hand away, "Meow, f*cker."

He smirked down at you, "Awww, a fwiesty wittle kitten~"

You paused and shuddered, "Please don't do that. Ever."

"Don't do what?"

"That... that voice."

"... But you did it."

"Yes but that voice... it doesn't suit your face."

"Does it not...?" Sebastian said, a little disheartened.

"No it doesn't."

Silence as the two of you looked at each other. Sebastian looked away, "... Oh..."

'He's moping.'
________________________________

"Sebastian, perhaps he should dance with me." You stated, watching the butler attempt to teach dancing to Ciel. He waved you off, "No, I think I can handle this."

You couldn't help but chuckle. Elizabeth decided to host a ball for her and Ciel, however Ciel could barely dance. You found this amusing.

"Y/N, stop laughing...!" Ciel ordered as he once again, stepped on Sebastian's shoe, "Sebastian, you're too tall, it's not working! Y/N, you're smaller, you teach me."

You nodded and proudly walked passed Sebastian, who was feeling nothing short of offended. First his face, and now his height? What next?

Ciel placed his hands in yours. You smiled, "Just follow my movement." He nodded and you began circling the room, "1, 2, 3... turn... 1, 2, 3... and —."

You sighed as Ciel stepped on your foot, "My lord, you need to know this..." 

Sebastian chimed in, "Most importantly, you need to wipe that gloomy expression off your face. The lady will take it as an insult."

Ciel groaned and you shook your head and muttered, "I'm so sorry, Lady Elizabeth..."

"Quiet!" The boy snapped. 

Sebastian pinched his cheeks, "Now, now, let's have a smile and pretend you're having fun."

"Let me go!" Ciel ordered, "I can't smile. I forgot how. I can't pretend I'm having fun. Not anymore."

With that, he left the room. Sebastian looked at you, a bit confused. You just shrugged, "Just leave him be. He just doesn't like being pushed out of his comfort zone."

Sebastian sighed, "What a troublesome boy."

You nodded, "Well, I'm not going to deny it. His father caused me a lot of trouble as well."

"Oh? How so?" The butler asked. You chuckled, "He was nothing short of a crybaby."

"Ah, so it seems I got the angry one and you got the crier of the two."

"It would seem so."
________________________________

A/N- Boom, chapter done! Sooo, it's been awhile so I was wondering about romance in this story again. I have an idea, but I would like to hear your ideas as well. The story will start up again soon but I just want to reset the scene

See ya in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.4K 21
*going through the editing process* Black butler fan fic ~ As Rose loses her family in a fire which leaves her hungry for revenge, the young girl sum...
85.5K 2.3K 49
(Sebastian X fem reader) 18+ You were experimented and became a freak to society of the Victorian London. You lived among the poor and helped protect...
14.5K 286 17
One of the first I have brought to the public. Please mind my errors. You are a over crazed Ciel Phantomhive fan girl. When see a boy with navy blue...
9.2K 197 13
Lady Elizabeth is your best friend and she tells you all about her new fianćee, Ciel Phantomhive. Your mother has "business" with this "Ciel" and whe...