the spaces in betweenㅣtaeyong

Door tartagiliciousio

[guardianangel!au] having him by my side was simultaneously the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. It... Meer

preview + playlist
character aesthetics
1 ; first sighting
2 ; angel, obviously
3 ; imaginary
4 - i got you
5 ; one last time
6 ; he loves me, he loves me not
7 ; bottomless
8 ; ty
9 ; break
11 ; comely
12 ; entanglement
13 ; fear none
14 ; elixir
15 ; enemy
16 ; anything to help you
17 ; platonic
18 ; greedy
19 ; two team
20 ; i have a confession to make
21 ; out of place
22 ; he's an angel
23 ; almosts and what ifs
24 ; have yourself a merry little christmas
25 ; one hell of a guy
26 ; green champagne
27 ; i'm all yours
28 ; help me
29 ; out of place
30 ; i promise
31 ; love equals care
32 ; i'm sorry to leave you
33; live alive
34; [FINAL] i found love where it wasn't supposed to be

10; all night long

507 28 9
Door tartagiliciousio

10 - all night long -

--

My wrist watch is an hour ahead. It's been that way for at least a year because I don't know how to fix it, and honestly, I'm too lazy to. It currently reads 2:14 am.

It didn't make me feel much better that it was actually 1 in the morning, because at this point I was just pretty much desperate to fall asleep.

But I guess after sleeping all day, and having caffeine right before wanted to go to bed, I shouldn't have expected to fall asleep right away tonight.

And I assumed I was the only one awake now, because, well, everyone but me had a good reason to be tired. Everyone except me and the angel, but to be honest, he doesn't really count to me, because don't think he sleeps much anyway.

Normally, at home during the night he just sat somewhere in my room that was generally out of the way. It was a little weird at first, obviously, but sleeping comfortably in any circumstance was never very hard for me.

Now, since I didn't have the chair that was in the corner of my room here, he just sat by the end of the bed. The only problem I had with that, was that because I'd been thinking about getting out of bed for a little while, I'd have to walk past him.

And there's no way I could do that without seeming nervous.

So, I stayed in bed for another half an hour or so, hoping I could fall asleep and avoid it. But in that time, the idea of getting out of bed was seeming sweeter and more plausible every passing minute I spent staring at the ceiling.

At 2:06, I just decided to get out of bed.

At first, when I sat up, he didn't look over. This made me a little relieved, seeing as to me, that meant that he might've actually fallen asleep. But when I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, letting my feet touch the ground, he looked over at me. And at that moment, he looked fully awake to me.

I resisted letting out a sigh as I got up because now I'd have to make my way past the angel when he was awake. As I fixed my hiked-up pyjamas, I looked over and noticed that he'd gone back to staring into space.

From what I've noticed, the angel is probably 70% legs and 30% everything else, so as expected, his legs were stretched out in front of him. Now, since my only goal was to get downstairs without giving any indication that he was there, tripping over his legs was the last thing on my mind.

But it happened.

In my haze of thoughts, it didn't even occur to me until I was stumbling. And though I knew it was his leg I'd tripped over, I tried to play it off. I still looked around for a few moments at the very much flat carpet for something else to blame the trip on. But it was useless, seeing as the angel had already stood up.

So, I couldn't do anything else but let the embarrassment flood through me and head downstairs.

He seemed a little more alert than usual when we were both downstairs. He wasn't staring into space or distracted like he usually was, he was more focused now.

Focused on me.

He didn't seem to ever look away from me, even though I tried my best not to even acknowledge him. But, after what happened, it was a lot harder than usual. I tried to distract myself and think of something to do, but with it being so late at night, and with everyone else asleep, I decided there wasn't much I really could do. But after a few minutes, I just decided to look out the window, for the time being, hoping the quiet landscape would provide me with the entertainment I needed.

As I pulled a stool over from the close-by kitchen table, I noticed the angel walking hesitantly towards me, the most emotion on his face that I'd ever seen. (Which, granted, still wasn't much.) This made me slightly nervous, as my mind went off into possible situations.

Oh, god, what if he talks to me? Would I even be able to say anything back? Could I?

I was so afraid of what was going to happen, I wasn't really focused until he pulled another stool over to join me. I tried not to react, but I know he and I both heard me curse under my breath.

But, to my surprise, he didn't say anything.

I wanted nothing more than to get away from this situation, but I wasn't ready to go back to the confines of my bedroom just yet. So, I just let out a disappointed sigh and stared back at the weak waves of the ocean. I really liked to do this, seeing as Aera's house is right on the beach; it made for good sight-seeing. I always liked watching the ocean, though the waves were much nicer to watch at night.

Much nicer.

----

The sand was much colder in a winter night than it was in a summer day. It all felt so foreign, and yet it had never ceased to make me feel calm. It was one of the reasons I missed the beach a lot too; and considering I hadn't been in a while, I was more than happy than I would've liked to admit.

Though, the angel seemed to pick up on this anyway as we both walked down towards the water. And at that moment, I knew something was different. With him by my side instead of trailing closely behind, and the continuous unreadable expressions on his face, it all just built on the nerves in my stomach as I thought about what I could've possibly gotten myself into.

When I stopped just in front of the water, he stopped too, and it took all of my strength not to glance over at him. But I could tell from the corner of my eye that he still had the slightly confused expression that had been on his face for the recent minutes, which made me glad that I wasn't alone in that sense.

But, after a few more minutes of silence and the waves lapping at our feet, what I had been dreading started to come true. His voice was unfamiliar as he spoke, and oddly not what I had expected. For some reason, I had thought his voice would be higher, but it was deep. Not exceptionally, but still very much so.

"Dohyeong,"

My breath froze in my throat. He must have heard it, he had to of; but either way, he didn't acknowledge it.

"I need you to say something." He said, still staring at the bustling ocean in front of us. I still didn't make an indication that I had heard him, but we both knew that I had. An unfamiliar shiver struck me as he let out a faint sigh.

Just as what I had imagined countless times in the past hour or so, he turned his head fully to look at me. It sent chills through me because, though he'd looked at me before, this situation was different. But nonetheless, I continued to stare out at the ocean under his gaze.

"I know you can hear me." He said, making me clear my throat as a small ball of unsaid words had since grown there.

My voice was quiet as I responded, "And if I can?"

He stared at me, and though I still hadn't looked at him myself, I could tell he was a little surprised that I had replied.

"Do you know what's going on?" He asked faintly. Of course, I do.

I didn't say this, though, instead letting out a soft yes. His lips pulled into a thin line at that, which resulted in him looking away a few seconds later.

I had previously had so many questions for him, so many things that I wanted to know and hoped he could answer, but now that I was standing in front of him, my mind was blank. So, I kept staring at the small waves by my feet, hoping that the motion would bring back my thoughts before morning.

--

AN: i lowkey ship them already bye

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4.2K 229 34
"Why it's always me . I loved him first but he never. Why why WHY...... Which thing i don't have, just tell what I. Don't. Have." She said while cryi...
351 50 19
What will happen when the brother like bestfriends fall in love with you? Will their obsession over you ruin them to a point called foolishness? Will...
36.9K 1.4K 35
(Y/n) If you were given a second chance would you accept it? Well as much as I didn't want this second chance it was given to me. I wanted to be done...
273K 9.5K 50
✔️✔️✔️ Completed " Taeyong this is wrong... We shouldn't ...." " But your actions aren't saying you really mean it Jae .." " I... mm.." " Come on J...