Dear Nate {Dear #1}

Galing kay danamayfield

Alison Collins is in a coma and now Nate has her journal. Nate never expected for Alison's brother to give hi... Higit pa

Dear Nate
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 19-

12.2K 510 79
Galing kay danamayfield

Qucik update! Can I get more votes for updating quickly?

As i said in the last few chapters, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! I'm entering this in the Young Writer's Prize and need more reads, votes, and commentes. Every one counts! Also, please share this with your friends!?

Cover on side made by the amazing fan who's dedicated.

Thank you guys!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE!

-DANA

______________________________

NOT EDITED

______________________________

Graduation is only two hours away. Today was my last day of high school. Teachers talked about what we will expect in college and wished us luck. Coach found me in the hall and hugged me, telling me he’s glad I’m continuing on playing baseball. The guys and I ate lunch together one last time in the cafeteria. Serena tried to talk to me about coming over to her party tonight, but I refused. I’d rather spend time with my family.

            I take a shower before coming down for a quick dinner. Mom took today off work so she’ll be home early to eat dinner. She made sure I didn’t put on my dress shirt and pants until after dinner since we are having spaghetti.

            “I feel old,” Mom says at dinner. “My baby boy is graduating high school today! The years went by so fast.”

            Dad takes one of my mom’s hands. “It’s okay. We’re growing old together.”

            I roll my eyes. “You guys aren’t old.”

            We eat our dinner quickly so I can go change into a nice dress shirt and black dress pants. Mom helps me fasten my tie around my neck once I’m dressed. I get my cap and gown from my closet before we go in the front to take pictures. Mom made us take pictures without my cap and gown first, then allows me to put it on so she can take more pictures. Mom then asks the neighbors next take a few photos of us three together. After all the pictures are taken, my face feels like jelly.

            “Mom we have to go,” I say as she’s looking at photos on the camera.

            She looks up from camera before nodding. “Yes! Right!”

            Mom runs in the house, probably to grab her purse, before coming back outside, her purse hooks on one arm and the camera around her neck. Dad’s already waiting by the car as he talks with the neighbors. I sigh before walking to the backseat and pulling the handle once so my dad knows to unlock the door. He does so, saying goodbye to the neighbors as Mom rounds the front of the car and gets inside.

            We ride to the school with the radio playing softly. Dad and Mom ask me questions about if I’m nervous and to tell me where to meet them after the ceremony is over to take more pictures with the guys.

            Dad pulls up at the aquatic entrance and puts the car in park. Before I can get out he turns around and says, “Good luck tonight. Don’t fall.”

            I let out a sigh of laughter. “Thanks Dad.”

            Mom slaps his arm softly before turning and smiling at me. “We love you very much and are very proud of you. See you after the ceremony. Grandma is meeting us in the stands.”

            I nod and say goodbye before getting out of the car. Scott is waiting for me by the doors in his cap and gown. “Was your mom choking up?” he asks as I walk closer.

            I chuckle, turning and waving goodbye to my parents once last time as they drive away. “Surprisingly not yet, but I bet after the ceremony she’ll start tearing up. How about your parents?”  

            “Mom was crying when she helped me with my tie.” Scott opens the door and we go inside.

            We walk down the long hallway from the aquatic center to the cafeteria. Rows of chairs are lined up with names written on notecards played on the chairs. Students are already talking with friends, some sitting in their chairs since their friends haven’t shown up yet, and others are talking to the teachers standing by who will be helping us line up correctly and making sure our attire under our gown is appropriate.

            “Hey guys,” Serena says, walking up to us. Great, just what I need right now.

            Scott smiles politely. “Hi.”   

            I look behind Scott and see Eliza coming. Thank goodness. Eliza hates Serena with a passion so hopefully Eliza will get her to back off. She struts up behind Scott, him oblivious to her behind her, and wraps her arms around him. Scott flinches before turning around and smiling.

            “Hey babe,” he says, wrapping his arms around her.

            Eliza hugs him back, resting her head on his chest. “What is she doing here?” Eliza questions when she leans away from the hug, but Scott still has his arms securely wrapped around her.

            Serena straightens her posture, her head held high. “I was just seeing how they were doing.” Then she turns to me, smiling. “Are you coming to my party tonight?”

            My eyes widen and I look at Scott and Eliza for help. “Shouldn’t you be spending tonight with your family?” I ask.

            Serena shrugs. “After the ceremony they’re going to the city for a business meeting I believe so I’m throwing a party.”

            “Well I can’t. I’m tonight spending tonight with my family,” I respond.

            I see some of her confidence diminish. “Oh, okay. How about you Scott?”

            “He has plans with me and our families,” Eliza answers for him.

            Just then Pat and Mitch walk up, both eyeing Serena suspiciously.  

            Serena smiles and asks, “Pat! Just the person I wanted to talk to.” Yeah right. “Are you going to my party tonight?”

            “I can’t,” he answers. “This has been fun though.”

            Serena glares at him before turning and walking away. Eliza starts chuckling and Pat just shrugs.

            “She was so into you,” Eliza remarks.

            Pat rolls his eyes. “Me and ten other guys in our grade. High school will be over in an hour. I don’t need her anymore. I’m a college man now.”

            “A college guy who’s habits are not about to change,” Scott adds.

            Pat smirks. “You know me too well.”

            We talk for a little more before the teachers tell us to take our assign seats. I’m sitting beside Jerry, who is an overweight wrestler, and Olivia, who is on the swim team. Jerry talks to the guy beside him and behind him, joking about some video on the internet.

I see Scott from across the room, sitting in the first two rows, typing something into his phone. Mitch is talking in another baseball player, who was on the team, sitting next to him. Pat, no surprise, is talking to the girls beside him and in front of him—still the charmer.

            I feel a soft tap on my arm. I turn to my right and see Olivia looking at me. “So, you’ve been visiting Alison in the hospital?” she asks quietly so only I can hear her.

            My face contorts in an expression of shock. “H-How did you know that?”

            She smiles timidly. “I’m friends with Josh. Trust me, he only told me because I kept bothering him about it. When I went with him to visit a few times, the nurses kept bringing up a guy that visits her so I kept asking Josh about it until he caved. Don’t be mad at him,” she added franticly. “I just wanted to let you know that’s a nice thing you’re doing. Alison will be shocked when she finds out you visited her.”

            “I wanted to do it,” I say. “I didn’t do it out of pity or anything if that’s what you’re wondering.”

            Her eyes widen a littler before she shakes her head. “No, no, that’ not what I was implying. It’s amazing what you’re doing. You’re a good guy Nate and I hope you have your chance with Alison.”

            I smile softly. “Me too,” I add with humor, hoping to lighten the mood.

            Olivia chuckles softly.

            About ten minutes before we are supposed to start walking toward the football field where the ceremony is going to take place, a teacher goes down each row and inspects out outfits under out gowns. They are looking to see if someone wore raggedy clothes, which we were told not to, or something school inappropriate. The reason they check out outfits now is because a few years ago before they started checking someone guy wore his birthday suit under his gown. The guy was able to hide it because his gown went down to his ankles. So after the whole ceremony was over, he stripped the gown and ran in front of the stands. Grandmas’ gasps, moms covered younger kids’ eyes, and some dads even laughed. The guy couldn’t get his diploma until he went to summer detention for a week.

            Once they check out outfits we walk lining up. I face the back of Jerry’s head and wait until it’s my rows turn to go. The first couple of rows walk down the hall and the rest follow. We walk slowly to the aquatic center doors before we reach outside. The walk to reach the football field seems to drag on forever. However once we reach the field, I look up and see the mass of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and many more people in the stands. The people take up both sides of the stands and others took a seat on the grass.

            We file into our seats according to plan. I follow Jerry until he stops and turns, taking it as a hint that I finally found my seat. We wait until our row is all in and sit down all at once. The rows behind me follow suit and finally all of us are sitting and the ceremony can now begin.

            We sit through speeches from the principal, valedictorian, and salutatorian before the students start to get their case for their diploma. That’s what I don’t get about graduation. Sure, your family can honor you because you pass high school and are now going to college, but you only receive your case for your diploma during the ceremony. I get the reasoning behind it. Like the guy who went naked in the past, he had to go to summer detention to receive hi diploma. The school does that so we don’t pull situations like running naked in front of the whole crowd.

            I watch as Scott, Eliza, Mitch, and Pat get their diplomas. Before names were raddled off, the principal addressed the crowd about Alison. How she is not at the ceremony and will graduation once she has caught up with her work. It felt unnerving not hearing her name called—she was supposed to be here, but some stupid idiot who decided to drive drunk ruined her being here.

            Now, it’s my turn. The valedictorian calls my name. I walk up to the superintendent and shake his hand before walking to the principal. I shake his hand and he congratulates me as he hands me the diploma case. As we shake hands, I smile toward the camera in front of us before walking to my seat again. I hear Pat call my name in a suggestive matter and I bite my lip to stop from laughing. 

            The last of the rows go up and get their diploma covers before the principal makes another speech, wishing us luck in college. When he’s done, the students cheer. Some throw their caps and some don’t. I throw mine gently so it lands in my hands and not across the field, knowing my mom will want to keep it.

            We walk orderly, like we came into the stadium, out to where we are to meet our family. I walk to where my mom told me to meet them and wait. I see Scott there already with his parents.

            “Hey Nate,” Scott’s mom greets me. “Can you believe high school is over?”

            I shake my head. “No, I can’t.”

            My parents and my grandma come up behind me. All three hug me and congratulates me. Mom takes a picture of my with my grandma, then Scott, before Mitch and Pat join us. All the parents are taking pictures while we’re cracking jokes and trying to give our face muscles a rest after a while.

            After all the photos are taken Scott says goodbye to take more pictures with Eliza, Mitch goes off with his family, and so does Patrick. I see Coach coming and smile. We share a handshake and Mom insists on taking a picture of us together. Coach congratulates me and says he’ll come out to see my play a few games.

            Once Mom takes enough pictures, Dad wraps an arm around my neck. “Want to go grab some pizza?”

            I nod. “Always.”

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

33.6K 654 28
Sophie knew first hand what it felt like not being able to fit in. She lived with it for most of her life; since her parents died, and she skipped gr...
62 28 12
Things in Patrick's life aren't going well. His parents don't speak, his sister has crossed over to the dark side, his brother is constantly in and o...
1.7M 112K 45
{Highest Ranking: #1 in Short Story} Liam Walker's life changes drastically when he watches his best friend Allison Parker get hit by a car. The inj...
39.4K 1.3K 22
[COMPLETED] ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁱˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʰᵉˡᵖ ᵐᵉ ʳᵘⁿ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵒⁿᵉ ᴵ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵖˡᵃᶜᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʸ ᵂʰᵉʳᵉ ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ ᶜᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵘᵖ ᵐʸ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶜʳʸ, ᴵ ᵃᵐ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ᶠʳᵉᵃᵏ ...