The Mistake That Broke Me

By Author_Imminence

~One mistake brought her to her knees. One decision will bring him to the brink of redemption.~ Addison never... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Promising Future
Chapter Two: The Unknown Boy
Chapter Three: Make it or Break it
Chapter Four: The Unknown Man
Chapter Six: The Mistake That Broke Me
Chapter Seven: I am Broken
Chapter Eight: Convicted & Prison
Chapter Nine: His Domain
Chapter Ten: Life is a Monster
Chapter Eleven: In Eight Hours
Chapter Twelve: The Asylum
Chapter Thirteen: The Examination
Chapter Fourteen: I Am Free
Chapter Fifteen: Taken
Chapter Sixteen: The Brothel
Chapter Seventeen: The Sound of Silence
Chapter Eighteen: Don't Cry
Chapter Nineteen: Breaking Down
Chapter Twenty: He's Got Blue Eyes
Chapter Twenty One: His Fateful Decision
Chapter Twenty Two: He has a Name
Chapter Twenty Three: He's Watching Me
Chapter Twenty Four: His Drug
Chapter Twenty Five: Time to Shine
Chapter Twenty Six: The Encounter
Chapter Twenty Seven: Perfection is an Illusion
Chapter Twenty Eight: Doctor Addison
Chapter Twenty Nine: He Made Me Laugh
Chapter Thirty: Distrust & Revenge
Chapter Thirty One: A Place to Call Home
Chapter Thirty Two: Beautifully Broken
Chapter Thirty Three: His Breaking Point
Chapter Thirty Four: His Panic Attack
Chapter Thirty Five: Setting Them Free
Chapter Thirty Six: Rain
Chapter Thirty Seven: Shark Week
Chapter Thirty Eight: His Promise
Chapter Thirty Nine: Raining Violence
Chapter Forty: He Finally Breaks
Chapter Forty One: Don't Follow Me
Chapter Forty Two: Fight or Die
Chapter Forty Three: Dreamless Sleep
Chapter Forty Four: When She Shatters
Chapter Forty Five: You Love Me?
Chapter Forty Six: His Tender Touch
Chapter Forty Seven: His Prey
Chapter Forty Eight: One Step at a Time
Chapter Forty Nine: Diagnosis
Chapter Fifty: Relapse
Chapter Fifty One: Cold Shower
Chapter Fifty Two: The Good News
Chapter Fifty Three: Imperfect Whole
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Five: Peel the Avocado

1K 66 54
By Author_Imminence

Song: Good to be Alive by Jason Gray

*

*

*

So, evening approaches and I eagerly await for the phone call that will change my life. I tap away anxiously on the counter, my blonde hair falling into my face from the loose pony tail I am wearing.

I watch the phone.

Waiting like a predator until-

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

In boa-constrictor speed, my hand shoots out and picks up the phone.

"Hello?!" I ask excitedly.

"Honey? Can you pick up a toe-nail clipper for your father when you get the chance?"

"Mom!" I exclaim in frustration while facepalming myself. My excitement shrivels away until it's nothing.

"Are you PMSing too? I can't believe we're still synced-"

"Look, mom. Just order those toe-nail clippers on Amazon, I'm kind of busy and I'm waiting for an important phone call."

"Oh, I understand honey. Call me when you get the chance, our favorite clothing is on sale! We have to get some because that will show Sue that we have more money than she do-"

I hang up and roll my eyes.

My family can be so shallow.

I go back to stalking the phone, waiting for the phone call that will change my life. The minutes tick by and my eye twitches. My fingers drum against the counter and I watch both the phone and the clock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

I'm definitely going crazy. Any minute now....

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

I pick up the phone once again. "Hello?!"

"Hedo? Dis is Mircosoft compuder, calling because dere's a problem width your compuder."

"What? No there isn't! Be gone, scammer, shoo, shoo! I will have you know scamming people to make them believe they owe money is wrong!"

I hang up, sinking back into my seat. Foreign men call people sometimes in an attempt to scam people for money.

Silly foreign man.

"Hey babe, you did fantastic!" Owen says, bursting through the front door and ripping me from the bar-stool and squeezing me in a bear hug.

I giggle against his chest. "Thank you."

"I mean it. You are becoming a star." He says, kissing the top of my head.

He brings my head up and kisses me lovingly. I return the kiss fervently and it helps keep my mind off of-

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

I gasp against Owen's lips and tear myself from his arms. I sprint to the phone with zest and pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Am I speaking to Miss Coleman?" A deep man's voice says.

"This is she." My heart rate picks up.

"Yes. I am calling about the record deal that you were offered. I think you've got what it takes. We are signing you to Universal Music Group, congratulations."

I scream.

Owen screams.

My fluffy creme-colored dog, Peggy, howls.

"Are you serious?!" I yell into the phone. The man clears his throat, not amused by my outburst. I clear my throat and take a deep breath. "I mean....are you serious?"

Reign it in, Addy. Get a hold of yourself.

"Yes, Miss Coleman. I am very serious. I see star material in you, kid. You will be big. Meet up with me next month on the fifteenth to go over the details and what we want, alright?"

"Y-Yes sir. Thank you sir! I appreciate it, sir." I stutter awkwardly. He chuckles into the phone.

"Talk to you soon, kid."

"Buh-bye."

I hang up.

And scream again.

I then jump up and down excitement and Owen envelopes me in his arms. "I knew you would get signed!" He exclaims.

"This is amazing. It's a dream come true." I say, dabbing at my eyes from tears of joy.

"Let's celebrate, and I know exactly how to do so." Owen says, kissing my passionately. I giggle against his lips when his hand goes under my shirt and lightly tickles my skin there.

Two can play at that game.

I shove my hands right in his armpits. He screams from laughter and rips himself away from me.

I laugh at the look on his face, and I start running when he starts to come after me. The house is filled with laughter as we chase each other around like children.

But we are simply in love with a bright future ahead of us.

He tackles me in our bedroom and I flop against the bed, laughing. My blonde hair is sprawled out all over the place. He crawls on top of me, smiling devilishly at me before lifting the hem of my shirt up and attacking my stomach with light touches.

I kick and squirm from under him. "T-that tickles! Ah! S-stop!" I beg.

He laughs, clearly enjoying my suffering. "You shoved your hands in my armpits this is only fair."

"Y-you started i-it!" I say, laughing as tears roll down my face from laughing so hard.

"And I will end it." He says, stopping to smother a kiss on my check. His lips move to my jaw and then finally my lips. The kiss is slow and sweet at first, but it blossoms into something much more when his hands rips my shirt off.

I gasp in surprise. That was my good shirt!

I can always buy a new one....

He keeps eye contact with my as he delves his kisses lower and lower. He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I smirk at the face he makes.

When Owen is done kissing me everywhere, he shrugs his own shirt off and is back on me, nuzzling my neck and kissing me gently. I run my finger nails up and down his back and I yelp quietly when he bites me a little too hard on my neck.

"Down, doggy." I giggle.

He chuckles against my neck. "Mmm never."

It isn't long before we're both naked and passionate about each other. Owen is a bit rougher this time, but it doesn't really matter to me as he takes control and makes love to me. His breath is hot against me and his tongue flicks in and out of my mouth.

He groans his pleasure and I struggle to moan as the pleasure takes me to a world I never knew existed. He moves the stray tendrils of hair from my face and keeps eye contact with me the entire time.

He makes me feel loved.

He makes me feel safe.

And the future that is waiting for me couldn't be any brighter. A singing career and a wonderful fiance to be.

But as I fall asleep that night next to the love of my life, I have nightmares.

Nightmares consisting of confusion and chaos.

Nightmares consisting of flashing lights and broken glass.

And soon it would all make sense.

* * *

Morning comes bright and early, and I rub my eyes from the sleep that still wants to drag me down. I didn't sleep too well last night, despite the wonderful time I had with Owen.

Owen is still sound asleep, wrapped in the blankets, looking as cute as always.

I sit up and yawn and stretch.

My birthday is just two days away now, and I know my friends have been planning it for awhile now. I'm excited, yes. But my friends can be a bit crazy and out of control when they're excited and intoxicated on alcohol and God only knows what drugs.

Today is Saturday, and while most people would sleep in, I chose to start my day early with  cup of coffee by my side. I flip some pancakes and enjoy the quietness and stillness of the morning.

Everything is at peace.

And for once, my mind isn't chattering away at a million miles an hour.

I sip my coffee in silence and enjoy my breakfast alone. Of course, I left some for Owen when he wakes up.

But for now, I use the silence of the morning to prepare me for the day. Once I'm done with breakfast, I head down into my private studio and get to work on writing songs.

Writing has been something I've grown attached to. I like creating things, such as art, books, and songs. It eases my mind and lets me explore the inner creativity that may lay alone in the crevices of my mind.

It also relaxes me. I'm put in my own world when I focus intently on something, and everything around me seems to fade into a delicious blend of....absence and peacefulness.

And songs are no exception. A little piece of my heart is in every song I write, and in every song is a meaning nobody else will understand.

So much depth, so many hidden meanings go into the stories I create and the songs I write.

I find myself buried in "the zone." Everything stills around me. I am on task and my mind is focused on one thing and one thing only.

The song in which I'm writing.

My mind runs on inspiration - it's like my minds oxygen. Without it, it seems, a part of me would die. And right now, inspiration flows through me naturally. Everything is going perfectly. The words are flowing smoothly and I'm making sense of the lyrics I'm coming up with.

But then the phone rings.

"The zone" I created for myself has been shattered in an instant.

I sigh, and pick the phone up. "Hello?"

"Omigod! Addy, guess what?" Tina screeches through the phone.

"What?"

"We are setting up your party and it is going to be LIT! Like, there are so many hot guys knocking on Wanda's front door asking her about that party. We don't even know them but they are coming to your birthday party any way! It's going to be a blast!"

I roll my eyes. "Uh, Tina, you do know I already have a boyfriend, right?"

She scoffs. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides, it's your birthday. You deserve the best and as much fun as you can possibly get."

"Excuse me?" I ask, shocked at her words.

"You know, like night stands! It will be fun!"

She's such an airhead. "I'm not cheating on Owen, Tina. That's not okay. Grow some common sense sometime, will you?

"Eh, party pooper. Oh, can you make your famous guacamole for the party? We need lots of it because everyone loves it!"

"Uhh...sure, I can do that."

"Great! Well I'm looking forwards to it. Any way, I can't wait for your birthday, it will be a blast. Love you lots!" Tina exclaims before hanging up the phone.

I let out a shaky breath. How could she even suggest something like cheating on Owen? Does she not care? Does she have no common sense and no morals?

Shrugging it off, I go back to writing my songs. I will start making the guacamole later.

* * *

Green.

Everything is green.

My fingers, my face, the counter tops, the silverware.

Avocado is everywhere. The sound of the knife clanking against the counter fills the air with each slice I make of the avocado. I then mash the avocado with a fork. Everyone loves my guacamole, so I get commissioned every so often to make it.

And for a party as big as my twenty-first birthday, I'm going to have to make a lot.

"Hey babe. What are you up to?" I hear Owen ask me from behind, and when I turn around to meet him in the eyes, he laughs at me.

"You've got avocado all over-"

"Yes, I am aware."

"Okay....so what is all of this for?" Owen asks, pointing to all the avocado pits and skins coating the counter.

"The party. My party that's going to be held at Wanda's house." I reply.

"Oh, yes, your party. How could I have forgotten?" He says, walking over to me and kissing my cheek.

"Yeah, my friends wanted to throw a big party for me so," I shrug, "Why not? I haven't had a big party for years and I think it's time for one."

Owen nods. "It will be fun, babe. You deserve the best for your birthday....well, actually, you deserve the best 365 days a year."

I smile at him. "Thanks babe."

"I was thinking about taking you somewhere tonight. You know, to celebrate the record deal you landed last night." Owen says.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Where do you want to take me?"

He grins. "Your favorite."

"Blue Nami?" I ask, my mouth already watering. Blue Nami is my favorite sushi restaurant.

He laughs. "You might want a napkin to wipe that drool off of your face."

"Oh shut up."

He smirks. "Will tonight at six o' clock work?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, that would be perfect."

Owen's eyes sparkle. "Good. Now go back to peeling your avocados."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 35K 37
[BOOK TWO] "Anniversaries to some are like counting the years spent doing something great, years spent together, or years spent alive." I started slo...
2.5K 237 23
"Arabella step down from there!" I yelled, reaching for her. I was ready to jump over the rail to grab her if I needed to. I was willing to do anythi...
46K 985 24
Meet Alexandria Frost, 17 years old, Beautiful,but hides under over-sized hoodies and long jeans and With perfect grades, She definitely earned the t...
27.6K 927 47
This story sucks, don't read it! It's amazing how quickly your life can change. In a slow town like this, where nothing exciting ever happens, wher...