Lies and Truths

By Bellatrix_LS

Anyone hear of those 'dark' Hermione and 'dark' Harry fics? WELCOME TO ONE! Harry Potter is not Harry Potter... More

Wattys2019
A/n
OC Info #1
Author's what
Dear Readers
Hermione and Harry
Potions of Minds
Potions and Flying and Lyra Dumbledore
Halloween
Um so........A/n
The Remaining Year and Home
A New Year
Draco, Hermione, Ginny, and a Voice
Down the Snake Pit?
A Lovely Ride into Summer
To Kill or Not Kill Dumbledore, That's the Question
Train Ride to Hell
Aunts the Word, Moms the shooked
Questions and Quidditch
Two H Events Meet Two H Glamored
The School is having a Sleepover
Something is...K-Niney
The Christmas of All Christmas
Officially on Hiatus

Telepathics Best Friend and a Scaly Familiar

2.3K 63 29
By Bellatrix_LS

The two friends had not taken their suspicions lightly, actually, it was quite opposite. They watched him, their DADA Professor. He was so strange. Lyra had given her daily Riddle version of advice. "A serpent hides in an Eagle, but another serpent can pull them apart."[1] Harry assumed she meant to be careful of Slytherin, they were very racist against Hermione and others like her. He noticed they were tactful with Hermione than with the others, probably because he was friends with her. No matter what they would like to say, he's a Slytherin as much as he is a Gryffindor. Slytherins stick together. That's why everyone was scared of them.

Harry got a letter from Hagrid that morning. He and Hermione were invited to see something he bought. The two felt a disturbance in their link. However, they pushed it to Hermione, as it was going after Harry. After it stopped they conversed.

What was that?
I don't know, Hermione, but it was painful. Sorry, you took more of the blow.
It's fine. What's not fine is that you don't know!
Well...I have a hypothesis as to what it was; however, I didn't read enough to be sure. I'll have to look it up again to confirm my suspicions.
Hm?
Legilimens. It's an ability to look into someone's memories forcefully and it hurts the victim. The only true countercurse is Occulomency which is the use of blocking them out or forming fake memories instead.
Oh. Looks like we need to learn that as well...
Yes but I don't know how useful it will be without having a teacher, it is recommended in the book if I remember correctly. That's the only thing I can think of if it is Legilimens...
Then shall we go on with our day?
Yes, and hope no one uses that ability again.
Yes, I think we should both look it up in our free time, however, so we can gather more information.
That would be best.
Alright, it's settled then.

Harry and Hermione finished their breakfast and replied to Hagrid's letter. They would go early and watch the time. They could only stay but so long because of classes and curfew.

First-class? Potions.

Severus Snape was not kind at all to Gryffindors. Even the fact that Harry was partially in his house didn't stop the man from raining the hate on the boy. Harry was confused with the man. Harry thought of several reasons and all he could think of is that his parents wronged the man. What was going on?

He asked three questions again and Harry got it all right. Then he was assigned to be partners with Draco Malfoy. Hermione was stuck with Neville Longbottom. He didn't mind entirely, perhaps Neville will be able to get a better grade. He sighed and looked at their assignment. According to Snape, it was a funny potion that was easier to make and considering the last potion they did was hard for the first-year level, he gave them this potion. He also said if he found it used by any of us for anything other than on themselves, he would take 50 points; and Snape thought at that moment whether they be in my house or not.

The man hated pranks.

Harry and Draco looked over the potion. Admittedly on Draco's part, he had butterflies. It was the kind you get when you're around your favorite singer or actor; part of him wanted to fanboy. Draco honestly wanted to be Harry's friend but...even he knew he couldn't deal with Harry's only apparent friend, Hermione Granger. She was a Mudblood. Even if he got this funny feeling in his stomach when he saw her...he always assumed it was his disgust. Aw, innocence![2]

He and Blaise would often check on Harry by looking at him from their table while Harry ate his meals with Hermione. The two always seemed quiet and studious. Rumors have been going that they might be a 'thing' but he and Blaise begged to differ. There was no way Granger would do that! [3] Right..? He blinked. No stop thinking!

(Aw he thinks he's gonna escape this ship.)

As he continued to do his part in the potion he looked up at Harry, seeing his analyzing eyes. It always felt like he was analyzing everyone. It reminded Draco of Blaise in a way, but he didn't think Harry Potter was doing it for the same reasons.

When they finished the potion and class was over, they all left. Draco did, however, look back at the pair. Why did he want to rip Potter's head off? Especially when Granger looked so happy with him... Blaise slapped his back. "Mate, we're gonna be late if you keep daydreaming," Blaise said. Draco knew the real reason...all the hot girls in their year were in the next class and Blaise wanted to 'test' his flirtatious nature.

Sometimes you really need to let your friend know when they're like a dog with two dicks. [4]

The two telepathics were walking up the stairs until they accidentally walked on the third floor.
Harry, we're on the third floor!
Dammit, let's find our way out befor-

They heard the Meow of the notorious Mrs. Norris and they panicked. They found a door and not caring whatever may be inside, Hermione used Alohomora and the door opened. They hid inside and waited. Harry felt something...furry behind them...

"I think it safe...Harry, what's wrong?" He was looking at a giant three-headed dog. The dog was growling.
Don't panic! I've read about this breed, it's a Cerberus and because it has three heads it's a natural telepathic being. Just be calm...
"Hey...we're not bad, we were just trying to hide from a crude cat," Harry said.[5] Hermione didn't think it would work...but the middle head softened and following was the other two. The dog let them pet him. "He's actually cute when he's not growling," Hermione had commented. Harry agreed. "He's really fluffy."

Harry scratched under the collar and the big dog started stomping its leg. Harry found its special spot. The two spent a good twenty minutes there before they knew it...and the class they had next would start soon. They said goodbye and found their way out of the third floor.

They scurried to their next class with no trouble.
Except for one little pug-faced Slytherin named Pansy Parkinson.

Blaise and Draco saw the evil look on Pansy's face. They didn't like it. "Pansy, what's with the look?" She giggled mischievously. "I found out the Hybrid students went on the third-floor ~!" Draco at the very least had this unreasonable worry. Why did he care?! Blaise however...

"Please tell me you're not going to tattletale on them?" Blaise said quite rudely. Draco looked at him, a little stunned. He has been a little on the sluts end today, so where'd this come from? "And why wouldn't I?" She asked. "Because, you git, Potter is the Hybrid house of Gryffindor and Slytherin! We'll lose points!" Blaise reasoned without letting his...suspicions and real feelings out. "Then I can just say the mudblood went-" then Draco interrupted her. "Not going to work, the two are practically as close as the bark is to its tree. Even if no one suspects him, he'll admit to it so Granger won't suffer by her lonesome. I mean, have you taken a second to actually look at them? They almost never leave the other's side, not to mention they have some scary ability to know what the other is thinking or something! Remember the class after Halloween? They didn't even need to verbally communicate, which is scary!" Draco and Blaise shivered. Those two were quite creepy when people paid attention to small details like that. Pansy pouted. "Fine... still going to use it as blackmail, if an opportunity presents itself." She said and skipped away.

She was such a prat.

Hermione was waiting for Harry. They were invited to Hagrid's so...yeah. Harry finally came down with a note from McGonagall. "Just in case we were caught later than we planned," Harry said. They headed their way to the simple hut. They knocked on the door and a few seconds later, their jolly half-giant friend appeared. "Hiya, Harry. Good ta see ya, Hermione! Come in now!" He let the two inside. The hut was small but cozy. Harry would stay in something like this if he was camping, however. Hermione thought it was comfortable and wouldn't have minded living in a similar home. "So what did you want to show us?" Harry asked. "Ah yes. Firs' off would Ye like some tea?" Hermione nodded and Harry said, "Yes, please." The kind giant poured some tea in the cups he had on hand. He didn't have a cup set, Harry noticed. He wondered if it is that bad for creatures. Or perhaps his relatives were just stingy to him? It would explain the presents to Dudley but they could also be saving a lot for Dudley just to shove it in his face.

"Now let's get this feller out uh here," Hagrid said, getting to this..heated compartment. He was grabbing a giant egg. "Is that..." Hermione said, "an egg?" Harry finished. "Aye. Specifically a dragon egg." He looked happy, and Harry was suspicious. "Hagrid, where did you find a dragon egg? I thought they were all in reserves except for in Gringotts." That book he read had plenty of information on magical creatures and was suggested to him by the Herbology Professor. "Actually I got this off a fella cloaked head te toe. Couldn't see 'is face at all. He gave me the egg after he asked me about my experience with creatures. I actually told him about a Cerberus I raised for a bit-" Hermione cut Hagrid off. "A Cerberus? It wouldn't happen to be the one on the third floor?" Hagrid's face paled. "How do you know bout Fluffy?" He asked Hermione and Harry looked at each other. "Fluffy? Well, his fur is really fluffy..."

They stopped their pondering as Harry explained that they accidentally went on the third floor and went into a room to avoid Filtch when they met the dog. They told Hagrid how at first he was impulsive and violent but calmed down. Hagrid said they were lucky, that Fluffy wasn't like his other dog, Fang. Fluffy was indeed rough around the edges and was suitable for being a guard dog.

"Hagrid...the egg is hatching!" Hermione suddenly said. The three gathered around the egg. They watched eggshell continue to crack until a tiny little scaly head popped out. You could hear the tiny 'scwaa' it let out. It immediately looked at Hermione. Hermione felt strange all a sudden. "I suddenly feel funny..." she told them. Hagrid had this..look. The one thought many would get when you're delved deep into something and you're hoping it happens right in front of you. "Can Ye describe clearer?" Hagrid asked. "It's warm...and I feel like there's a string or rope attached to me from inside..." Hermione explained. Hagrid felt giddy. "Haha, that's what most would call a Familiar Bond. You could even say that to Dumbledore and he'll alert the staff. I'll even send a letter if Ye need me to." Hagrid said. He knew the Headmaster would understand, he had his own familiar in his office. "Thank you, Hagrid. Oh, we better head back before it gets too late." Hermione said.

They left the little guy with Hagrid. Hermione had a smile on her face. She had a familiar? She should read up on them. She wondered how she was going to handle the dragon back home...maybe the reserve would help? She started thinking about it further...she wondered what jobs were needed at a reserve. If the dragon was her Familiar it would be a good idea to get a job related to it. Perhaps she should find a book on dragons as well then.

The two headed back just in time to get a quick talk with Lyra.

"How are you, little Hybrids?" She said in her normal whimsical voice. "We just got back from seeing Hagrid. Turns out Hermione has a dragon Familiar," Harry said. Lyra smiled. "A familiar? How lovely. My father has one, she's normally in his office. A beautiful Phoenix. Anything else?" Harry and Hermione nodded. "Yes, we found a Cerberus who we later found out was named Fluffy. He let us pet him." The girl let out a hearty laugh. "Let me guess, Hagrid had him at one point?" They nodded but didn't know how she knew that. "He was in school when I attended. He'd always get in trouble for bringing several creatures into the school. Some of them were lovely, in my opinion. Although..." Lyra looked down. "What's wrong?" Hermione asked. "Oh it's nothing, well, it is actually. Let's just say Hagrid had his wand broken and was expelled from school. Someone was so kind as to teach him and let him take over as the Game Keeper. Well, I think you should head off before Squib Man the Torturer of Students finds you in ten minutes. Hurry along!" Lyra managed to shoo them off. The two didn't see it but the girl had a sad look. She remembered that conversation with herself...how did she manage to stay by his side?

Once the two slipped into their PJ's and quickly said goodnight, they crashed in bed and was out like a light.

It was the end of the term of the first year.

She was with Tom, by the lake. They made the bond a few weeks later after she told him about it. They still had half a school year before they'd have to leave the other physically. After they did, however, she found out why he had such a..distasteful reaction to muggles. Her father was beyond unfair with him, or maybe he made the work easier for her house. Either way, all she saw was corrupted judgment. Tom was shocked as well but accepted her anyway. What could've been so shocking about little Lyra Dumbledore? The sweet lioness was related to one pompous peat of a professor of course but everyone knew who her father was. It was the mother that he, like the rest of the British World of Wizardry, didn't know. In fact, many have joked about it. How would the public react if they knew?

No, I think you're a half-blood, end of story.
But I don't get it. No one else believes that.
Maybe so, but I know how they would at least suspect it or perhaps earn their respect.
What?

The lioness gave a cute smirk. She couldn't make it look devious even if she tried.

I've heard they're are snakes, living snakes, on the ceiling of your common room.
So?
Do you hear them?
Yeah, they can be quite the chatty lot.
Talk to them in parseltongue in front of a few...important members of Slytherin. Specifically people from the Malfoy and Black families.
What? Why?
Tom, why else?
Oh, you sneaky kitty.
Hey, I'm not a kitty.

She pouted at the nickname. He laughed. His little lion was adorable. Yes, he may have admittedly become obsessed with her but could anyone blame him? Most would've alone started having crushes because of her looks but his case was different. She chose him, she chose to stand by him even though her house and father hated him. Other houses were easily fooled by his charms but she didn't give a pig's ass about that. She saw someone with more potential than just a manipulative boy and gained his trust. He wondered why the hat didn't sort her in Slytherin occasionally. Or even Ravenclaw...

He just knew one thing. He didn't care that she could easily know because of the bond. She was his.

And maybe she liked that? [6]

Good news! I remembered I wrote the first 800 words on my notes app because I didn't have WiFi at the time! So this was written a little faster than I originally thought! ^•^
Oh~ some spicy stuff from Lyra Dumbledore~!

What will happen next chapter? Will Draco start to understand? Why is Blaise going after girls when he thinks he knows what is going on? Will you find out? Probably not XD!

Editor's notes:

1 ~ Interesting riddle. She is a little cryptic, isn't she?

2 ~ Innocence indeed.

3 ~ No way Granger would? Oh, Draco...

4 ~ Um, excuse-moi? A dog with two dicks. Okay, English ones, is this a real saying?

5 ~ Oh wow, just what?

6 ~ Oh~ Spicy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

846K 17K 102
!!SEQUEL TO DARK SECRETS (DRACO MALFOY X READER!! After Y/N Riddle is sent to Azkaban for her crimes she committed during the war, she awaits her tri...
68.1K 2K 35
A Dramione Fanfiction. After failing to kill Dumbledore in his 6th year, Draco Malfoy's parents are killed by Voldemort. He seeks refuge with his lo...
554K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
4.1K 47 63
Mudblood & Me. A fanfiction about the love/hate relationship between Draco Malfoy, a pure-blood wizard and Hermione Granger, a muggle witch. Draco, a...