Spider-Man joins the avengers

By oldaccount124322

After the untimely death of Aunt May, Tony takes Peter into the avengers initiative and enlists the help of v... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50

Part 19

4.3K 180 9
By oldaccount124322

SHURI

I sit crosses legged in front of my window. It's a big window, stretching from floor to ceiling, wall to wall. I positioned myself in the centre, so if I concentrate hard enough, it seems that there is no building at all, just forest. And if I look further than that, and forget all the things I know about Wakanda, I can pretend I am home. And I can pretend that if I were to just walk a little further into the trees, my kingdom would stand tall before me.
But I am alone here.
My phone rings over and over. I looked the first time to see it was my brother, I ignored it after that.
I'm not crying. Not at all, I don't feel like crying, I don't feel angry, despite knowing that this was someone, this wasn't an accident, I don't feel anything passionately. I feel numb.
I know a part of me longs for that passion, whether it be anger or sorrow, but I cannot find it within myself to get past this numbness.
My mother is dead. I have no parents any more.
My phone rings again and I pick it up on the first ring.
'Shuri.' My brother says, surprised that I've picked up.
'I know.' I say, suddenly tears pricking in my eyes. 'I know.'
'I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.' He says, over and over. He sounds desperate, 'I'm sorry I'm not with you. I'm sorry.'
'Was it quick, brother?' I ask, trying to remain calm.
'Painless.' He says, 'She was with Nakia. She wasn't alone.'
'Is Nakia okay?' I ask quickly.
'Fine. A blow to the head is all. Her confidence is wrecked and she blames herself, but she is okay.' He says. I cling to the deep, calm sound of his voice. It sounds like home.
'You must be with the people.' I say, wiping the tears from my eyes, 'they will need you.'
'Shuri, I-' he says, preparing to object.
'Give them all my love. Tell them I'll return soon. But I must help end this first.' I say, standing from where I've sat for the last day.
'Shuri, be careful.' He says.
'Always, brother.' I reply. I hang up shortly after and stand still for a moment. I have found my passion again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 5.4K 26
When Peter gets a call for help, the team may or may not end up finding out about his twin sister. Maddie quickly forms a close relationship with the...
361K 10.8K 23
Peter is Tony's new personal intern, and him and the avengers start to grow a close bond to him. The avengers are told to bring Spiderman in no matt...
37.5K 1.1K 44
Avengers soulmate!!! Her mates: Tony Steve Nat Thor Clint Bruce Loki Pietro Wanda Peter Sam Bucky Read the story to hear more!! *wink wink* ...
3.4K 88 22
Just a book of random imagines that I wanted to write. More about the story in first chapter. I don't own most characters, all rights reserved.