Part 41

TONY

It seems I'm being wasted helping Shuri, Bruce, Peter and Ned perfect their invention. Peter came up with a developed idea to freeze the body from the inside. I didn't quite understand the concept but Shuri got it straight away.
Instead I went down to find Natasha and Clint. I find Clint in the room beside where Anja sits, a one way mirror giving us an idea of what's going on. But Natasha and Anja are speaking Russian and were in no shape to translate.
'How long have they been talking?' I ask, sitting beside Clint.
'Ten, maybe twenty minutes?' He replies.
'Anything?'
'Nothing.' He says shortly. And then, 'this plan...'
'What about it?' I ask.
'You're putting yourself right in the centre.' He says, 'you're the one at risk in this.'
'I'll be fine.' I say.
'Pepper's pregnant. It shouldn't be you.' He says, not looking me in the eyes.
'That's exactly why I have to do it.' I reply.
'If Natasha's wring, if Iyra doesn't care about Anja, she will try to kill you.' He says.
'That's why you're in the tree as my sniper, and Peter's on the roof with me, behind the power block, to tie her up if she goes against our plans.' I clarify. It's a flawed plan, but it's the only one we have.
'I feel like we're not exploiting everyone we have.' He says.
'This girl is smart, she's gotten through Wakandan defences, twice. On high alert. They're still not sure how she did it. This is not a forceful fight, it's a smart one.' I say.
'Well this girl's giving us nothing. So you better know what you're getting yourself into.' He says, looking to Natasha who still attempts to gain information.
'Me too.' I say quietly.