The Demon's Whispers

newbiegac2015 द्वारा

What do you do for some down time? Read a book? Take a bath? Go for a walk? Have generous naps? All logical a... अधिक

1- Hey baby
2- Follow me ma'am
3- Could I?
4- A friendship
5- Leah's solo
6- The Ghost of you
7- itty bitty
8- Home visit
9- Busted.
10- Piece of me
11- One month
12- A Brother's Woes
13- Twist
14 - Break the mourn
15- Cocoon of safety
16- Sleepover. M*😈
17- Rebound
18- Promises can't always be kept
19 - Spirit Animals
20- On the spot.
21- Way down, we go.
22- Leave the Light on.
23- Three of hearts
24- The inevitable
25- Canyon of Wonder
26- Closure
27- Parallels
28- One word
29- Impact
30- Returning
31- Showdown.
32- Needing In
34- His request.
35- We are Fire. (M)
36- What you do to me.
37- Sensual.
38: Dear Future
39- Indepth thinking.
40- Daisy Chains.
41- One weight
42- Together?
43- Ice Cold Water
44- Torn
45- Backward Motions
46- Strawberry & Lemon.
47 - The Dad's Club
The best show in Vegas
49 - Dear Leah..
50 - It's time.. Right?
51- Heaven

33- The art of war

693 35 10
newbiegac2015 द्वारा

Zak POV.

Hundreds of thousands of people travel to Vegas every year to take a glimpse at the city of multicoloured lights and endless attractions. From street performers to party people, everyone and everything was here in Vegas. Sure it looked all glamorous and big names had been here, some big names still hung around here, but Vegas also had a darker side.... A much darker side.

Much like New York, this place never slept, forever full of people littering the sidewalks as they explored the night. Which was a pain in my part, as right now, I was looking for a guy and his gun.

A few times I decided against it, wanting to return back to Leah and just hold her. But I knew she would worry for Cody and his deteriorating state, and after promising to get him help, I vowed to keep myself out until I had him or he returned back to Leah's.

It was certainly a shock, coming face to face with the man that's been a large part of Leah's life. He was a soldier, a man who defended this country, and despite our conflict in fighting for Leah's love, I had nothing but respect for him. Heck I didn't want to hit him, I would have stayed still if it meant that I got to speak with Leah, but the pain in her features triggered something within me, so I did what I had to, to put an end to it.

My eyes scoured looking for the shorts and hood combo, but every time I thought I had a glimpse of him, it turned out to be a stranger.

He could be anywhere, be in any place, shop, hotel, casino, brothel.. Anywhere. This was the perfect hiding place. But I continued on my search, because of one woman.

Leaving the strip, I ventured into the not so glamour part of Vegas, cruising down the sidewalks, looking in alley ways hoping to find him. But it was fruitless, without some kind of idea of where he would be, I'm useless.

I sat in the car for what felt like ages before it struck me. There was only one place that I knew...

Checking the traffic, I turned the car around and headed across Vegas. My fingers drummed against wheel as I progressed through the streets until I finally began seeing the signs. Glancing at my phone, I debated ringing Leah, but I didn't want her to get her hopes up thinking that I had Cody when I didn't.

...

Pulling up outside, I glanced across the paved floor, looking between the spot lights which illuminated large marble pieces along side figures that were stood still, depicting a war that had never quiet finished. The war for peace was never over, it was just delayed.

Vegas Veteran Memorial.

I almost pulled away, when I caught a figure sat in front of one stone soldiers. Placing the car into park, I got out slowly and quietly, remembering he was upset and he also had a gun.

Making my way over, I thought about approaching quietly, but decided against it.

"You're the last person I want to see." Cody spoke making my first predicament dissolve instantly.

"Lucky I'm not here to see you then. Isn't it?" I reply, stopping behind him.

"Don't worry." He speaks placing the gun out to his side, the magazine was missing. "If I wanted to hurt you, or even kill you. I wouldn't need a gun."

"I don't doubt that."

We stay in silence, his eyes never leaving the statues before him, mine glancing around the place whilst trying to keep my eye on the gun, just in case...

"You know," Cody spoke making me look at the back of his head. "This is the first memorial that I've seen that's displayed correctly."

I glance at the statues face depicting agony and pain, it pulls something deep within me until I look away.

"People believe they fight for the greater good, that they are making a difference. But are we honestly doing anything? People still die, children are turned into killers, women are raped and men...." He shakes his head. "What kind of world do we live in, when children are killed in a school, people are killed by bombs in marathons, families witnessing bloodshed in churches.. Are we any better than the people we go over to take control of? Are we honestly fighting the right causes?"

I don't answer, I can't answer. Because I simply do not know enough about the other countries to comment, this man has seen it all. He has the knowledge and experience to talk about them.

"War is glorified, people, boys, fresh outta boot camp with nothing but dreams of all those medals are given a gun and told to fire. War is made to look heroic and brave.. But look at their faces, do they look brave? Do they look heroic? People come here and admire the craftsmanship and they should. They will finally get a glimpse of what war is like, when they stare into the faces. Seeing the pain, seeing the struggle... But they will never know what it's like to hear explosions, to feel shrapnel imbedded into your skin, to feel the pain, hear the cries of young men dying, they won't ever know what it's like to have to hold a soldiers femoral artery in between their fingers whilst the man cries begging you to let him bleed out than to live a life with no leg!"

I take a slow breath as emotions begin to cloud over me. I don't know what he's suffering from, if he is suffering from anything at all. But I do know he needs help.

"I was tied up, beaten, cut, burned. Those fuckers even waterboarded me, before leaving me in some 5 by 8 cage in the middle of the dessert. I would have taken the torture than be stuck in there again. With nothing. No hope, no answers, no shade. Did you know birds will eat anything? Scroungers. They fought over a man's flesh, pecking at each other trying to fight over a piece of his cheek.." he shakes his head.

"It still makes me fucking sick. Even now. But all I had to keep me going was her..." He paused straightening his spine. "Leah.. My Lamb. Every second of pain, I thought of her. Praying that I got back home to her. That I'd be able to scoop her into my arms and hold her for all eternity. That I could give her a baby and complete our family. But things don't pan out that way.... Do they?"

"I'm sorry you went through all that." I speak quietly.

"I don't want your apology."

I lowered my head and glanced at the gun before folding my hands together. Making sure that no sudden movements would set him off.

"You know she begged me to leave. She was scared. But I didn't know how to be me without the uniform. I don't know how to be me without it. The only time I felt a moments grace was when I was with her. When it was us.. My beautiful little lamb." He wipes his face and looks up at the statue again.

"I'm so tired. So tired of feeling like this, living like this. Being, like this."

"Leah wants to help you."

He scoffs "And you are here to what? Escort me home Ghost boy?"

"I wouldn't say escort, I'm feeling more of an abduction at the moment. Gives me a chance to rough you up after doing me over." I reply.

He laughs slightly. "All that muscle and such a little bite."

"I didn't want to fight back because—"

"Because of Leah. Yeah, I know." He interrupts before sighing. "Do you love her?"

His question catches me on the hop and as much as I don't want to explain my feelings for her, I do feel as if I should.

"I feel something so intense.. I've never really felt it before. But I know if I had to save the world or save her life, then I'd destroy every country with my bare hands."

He nods "I know that feeling. She's special, isn't she?"

"Yes."

"Does she stop your nightmares too?" He asks looking to the side.

"Yes.."

"She used to hum to me when I had them. I'd be sweating and shaking, crying like a pathetic feeble excuse of a man. But she wouldn't say a word. She would roll me onto her lap, stroke my hair and hum me back into a sleep. The next morning she would be asking me to change a lightbulb or fix a cupboard door. I knew she could do it herself, she isn't stupid. But she did it to make me feel like a man. That I was still something. You know?"

I nod.

"But she's not mine anymore. And by fuck doesn't it hurt every single part of me. She is in love with you Zak."

"I don't think she's willing to accept that." I murmur.

"She won't. Not yet anyway.  Always up for a fight first, that's my Lamb.." he trails off and wipes his face again.

"Be honest with me Zak. Man to man..."

"I will."

"Do you love her?"

"Yes." I admit taking a cautious breath.

"Good. Because she deserves the best things in life and more. She deserves happiness and love and honesty. Can you give her that?"

"Yes."

He chokes a breath out before inhaling deeply. I step back as he picks up the gun and rises to his feet. I hear the magazine slide back in and lock into place. That's when he turns and looks me dead in the eye.

"Then I need you to do me a favour.."

••••••••••••••••••••••

Anyone else get a little emotional over Cody?

I've grown to love him. I'm sorry. It's the truth.

What do you think Cody is going to ask for?

👀👀

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Across waters. K. द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

47K 744 22
What happens when Kay moves to Las Vegas for a fresh start? Is a romance about to brew with TV star Zak Bagans? Her haunted past is catching up to he...
131K 4.7K 91
*Sequel to Splintered Hearts* ********** "Bro where you going now?" Aaron asked standing up as well. "Home." "To- to do what Zak? We need to find he...
3.4K 113 21
"Bet you didn't see this coming, ha, me either. But here we are and here you are. Are you sitting comfortably? Good. Then we can begin..." Zak and T...
16.2K 657 50
What happens when a famous rock star/actress meets paranormal investigator Zak Bagans...the two become best friends. One wants more and hides his fee...