concealing ➸ tomlinson

By wasteIands

❝but at night, while the others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. it was practice, and some of us fell.❞ ... More

concealing
i
ii
iii
iv.
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
L
Li
Lii
Liii
Liv
Lv
Lvi
Lvii
Lviii
Lix
Lx
Lxi
Lxii
Lxiii
sequel, etc.
sequel plans
sequel and expansion

xxxi

113 4 1
By wasteIands

guys we hit 1.3k so godamn quick like slow down i hadn't even started the next chapter and im so happy i

chapter right here we go

| " you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating from all the medicine " - 'medicine' , daughter |

not less than a day later, michael, still trying to adjust to the new voices, accidentally stumbled across something.

using the term 'accidentally' lightly; he'd been sneaking around for purple hair dye to prank luke with. the first logical place for him to look had been where they'd first been led to to change their appearances. he wasn't exactly a quiet person about it either; the noise getting liam's attention.

liam poked his head in the room. michael, who'd been rummaging through numerous bottles and containers, glanced over his shoulder.

"hi." he smiled in a slightly panicky fashion.

liam rolled his eyes, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. "if you're going to sneak around, remember the whole 'sneak' bit. i could hear you halfway down the hall."

michael relaxed pretty quickly, giving a short nod and going right back to digging through the bottles.

after a moment, liam exhaled. "what're you looking for?"

"do you know if there's any purple dye lying around?"

it took a moment for that to register. 'uh... i can help you look?'

"thanks."

and that's how liam and michael spent about nine minutes crouched down looking for a bottle they never found.

"is dye really this important?" liam questioned.

michael responded, "yeah, my reputation's at stake."

liam gave him a look. "you've been here for less than a week, what impression have you left on anyone? besides maybe "living furbee"?"

"first of all, that's fucking rude. and second-"

michael cut himself off. he frowned slightly in concentration.

"someone's coming." he said, quieter now.

liam glanced over his shoulder, trying to hear footsteps. after several tense seconds in silence, he shook his head.

"i don't hear anything." he said at a normal volume.

michael had closed his eyes. "they're thinking, you couldn't hear them if you wanted to." he stated.

liam waited for something to happen, or for michael for actually to elaborate on what they were thinking. he couldn't pretend not to be curious.

after about a minute, michael turned his head and looked at the wall parallel to them. liam waited. then, suddenly, something made a loud 'click'. a small section of the wall was pushed outwards; a door, except with no door frame, knob, or anything to distinguish it as a door.

jacob walked out of it.

on instinct, liam shrunk back. but michael stood there, more confused than anything. they had their own secret passages?

the second he laid eyes on them, jacob's entire face darkened. that's when michael realized this place probably wasn't meant to have hidden doorways and that well-built boys in their late teens were quite terrifying when they're charging at you.

jacob picked him up by the shirt collar and pinned michael against the wall, a rage-filled fire burning in his eyes. he didn't seem to notice liam; if he did, he was more focused on michael.

"what are you doing in here?" he asked with a snap.

instead of shrinking back- which, in hindsight, might've been a smarter move to save his skin- michael straightened his shoulders. "why did you come out of a wall?"

jacob blinked for a hesitant moment, like he hadn't been expecting michael to talk back, then narrowed his eyes slightly. "how quickly do you think i could break your neck?"

michael swallowed the growing lump in his throat. "hopefully not as quickly as i could hypothetically kick you in your crotch and run screaming?"

that potential was stopped as liam finally forced the two apart. jacob stumbled back a few steps, a bit farther than he probably should've gone.

super strength, though.

liam bit down hard on the inside of his lip as jacob clenched and unclenched his right hand. after a few seconds, the hidden door closed with another loud click.

"here's how we're going to do this." jacob said, sounding surprisingly calm. michael felt goosebumps race up his arms. "you two don't say a word about that door. neither of you step foot in this room again. if anything different happens, there won't be enough left to genetically identify you. got it?" the door that led to the hallway opened. "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

liam grabbed michael's sleeve and practically dragged him out of the room. the door slammed shut on the back of their heels.

asshole, michael thought, rolling his ankle softly.

liam let him go and gave him an annoyed look. "did no one give you any prior warning with him?"

"yeah, but i figured you guys were blowing things out of proportion or some shit."

liam closed his eyes and exhaled. "yeah, well, we weren't. he probably would've broken your neck on any other day. i think we caught him on a good day."

michael glanced at the door, then back at liam. "and no one kicks his ass? no one kicks his ass out?"

"he's manipulative. everyone's too freaked to talk, because either you get on his good side right away, or you watch your back."

"are you kidding?"

"do you want me to shove you back in there and have you find out?"

michael exhaled. "fine."

he walked away, feeling like an honest-to-god dick. but, regardless, he was already planning out when he was going to sneak back into the room to figure out what was happening.

(another longish author's note sorry)

man idk i picture 2011 liam in some scenes and in others it's full out 2014 club-hopping liam what's even going on.

okay so i never mentioned this before but i made a concealing playlist :D

it goes much like the story; upbeat to very very depressing and sad.

god i can't wait for the third act of the book you're all going to fucking freak.

anyway- http://8tracks.com/marklouplier/concealing

also the wifi in this place is the worst like im not going to make it out alive. but expect an updated trailer in about a week, once i'm back. :D

(((shout out to maddie and christian back home i love you dicks)))

stats;

words- 1068

reads- 1,303

votes- 22

comments- 11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 51 36
After all this time, I'm still stuck with them? (C) Copyright 2014-15 iwckle_niall ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
4.4K 105 33
4.2K 6 28