Facing Away (Broken Streetfig...

By Via_Dez_Roy

(#1 in broken 7/5/2018) (#1 in Fighting 11/14/2020) (#1 in gangleader 11/14/2020) (#1 in Nerd 11/23/2020) ___... More

Prologue
Before We Begin
Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
A new friend?
Always
Ambush
Is my life a cliche story?!
A Game of Hula Hut
Victory Once Again
Emily...
Revealed Identity
You're a Girl!!
Inseparable Quads
The Call
Hospital
Injuries
Mother
Blind
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
*sigh* I got tagged
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Part Two
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty Point Five
Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Thirty Four

8.8K 257 129
By Via_Dez_Roy

*important anuthors note at the end*

ALEXANDER'S

"Amy's coming back this week right?" Lola asks me.

"I don't know, ask Kylie." I mutter.

Dealing with the problem of the Night Howlers, I forgot we were supposed to help prove that Amy was innocent. Kylie blames herself since she forgot as well.

"Yes Lola, she comes back this week, but her detention doesn't start until after Thanksgiving." Kylie says.

"Is Emily still not talking to us?" Bree questions.

"Give her time, I'm guessing she's mad at us as well."

"Hey Shawn!" Riley calls as she comes and joins our little group walking down the hall.

"Hey babe." He kisses her cheek. I internally gag.

I feel a bad vibe coming from her, I don't know, but something is off about her, especially from how secretive she's been this past week.

"Is Amy here yet?" She asks looking around at the group.

"Nope." I mutter and walk towards our lockers. We got lockers all together after I threatened the secretary. Poor woman.

"I don't want Amy to be mad at us forever." Liam says.

"I don't either, she's become like a little sister to me." Luke says.

"Hey!" Lola says, scowling at them.

They grin. "Don't worry sissy, you'll always be our favorite sister, just don't tell Amy or Kylie that." Luke says.

"Don't call me sissy!" She mutters. "You know I hate that name!"

Luke pokes his tongue out at her and Lola rolls her eyes.

"There she is!" Kylie says poiting down the hall where Amy is walking in our direction.

She looks up from the floor when she hears Kylie's voice and her eyes widen.

She quickly turns around and goes back down the hall she came from.

"Great, it's like the month of October all over again!" I say. "She's back to running away from us!"

"Give her time, she's probably just hurt." Riley states and pecks Shawn on the cheek before walking away.

"So..." Bree tries filling the guilty silence. "Is anyone going to the Homecoming dance?"

"Nope."

"No."

"Nuh uh."

"Hahaha! Oh your serious? No!"

"Never!"

"I'm busy." I mutter.

"Oh come on!" Bree throws up her arms. "Why not?"

"Because these idiots," Lola motions towards her brothers. "Won't let me go anywhere."

"And we still don't know what the Night Howlers are planning." I answer.

"Besides, it's supposed to start snowing this week, and from the rumours I've heard, you don't want to wear a dress in a Minnesota winter." Kylie adds.

"Alright, so no dance, but how about we go out and do something for the holidays?"

"Again, we still don't know what they are planning." I repeat.

"Fine, we'll just not do anything for the holidays." Bree throws her hands up in defeat.

~Two months later-beginning of January~

"I'm bored!" Lola whines.

"Me too!" Bree growls.

"Two months we have stayed hidden like whimps, but not anymore Alex! We are the Black Knights, one of the strongest gangs in the country! We shouldn't fear, but be feared! If we want to go out, we will go out! I'm not going to be cooped up in this mansion any longer!" Kylie yells while pointing an accusing finger at me.

"Alright." I answer. "I'm bored as well, there is only so much a person can do on their phone."

"So, where are going to go?" Kylie asks.

"You were the one who wanted to leave, but you don't know what you want to do?"

"How about we go roller skating? Riley likes roller skating." Shawn says.

"Why not?" Bree asks.

"I've never gone, but it should be fun!" Lola pipes in.

"Can we invite Emily and Amy?" Liam asks.

"There's no use, they've ignored us for two months." Kylie mutters.

"So?" Luke asks.

"Fine," Kylie says. "But you have to ask them, I'm certain they've blocked my number by now."

Amy's POV

"How much longer are you going to avoid doing this?" Emily asks me after shutting off her phone.

"I just don't feel like doing this project." I mutter.

She rolls her eyes at me. "You know that's not what I meant, you don't do anything, all you do is stay at home. You're father is starting to get frustrated with your lack of information, and Kylie as well. You've been avoiding them for two months! You spent Thanksgiving sulking in your room, you spent Christmas wandering the streets, and now you're going to spend Valentine's day laying on your bed at the rate you're going! Get up! We are going out!"

"I don't want to!" I moan.

"Either you get up, or else!" She warns.

"I hate you." I mutter getting off my bed.

She smiles. "I love you too!"

"If I fail those exams, I'm going to murder you!" I say while putting on my boots.

"Exams are in two months, you have enough time to study!" She answers as I we leave my room.

"Where are we going?"

"Out, you'll see."

"I'll need a specific place." My father answers standing at the foot of the stairs.

"The roller skating rink." Emily answers, upset at her surprise being ruined.

"I'll send guards to meet you there." He says and types something on his phone before walking away.

Emily and I groan. "I hope he doesn't send Fred, that guy is a perv!" Emily says.

"I agree, but Blake is worse, that guy cornered me and almost kissed me, until I kicked him where it doesn't shine."

Emily grabs her keys before walking out. "Where's Brenda?"

"At Harley's. She says it feels weird being home, and quite frankly, I agree with her. My father has random mood swings sometimes that it scares me, but he kept his end of the deal and hasn't touched me or my siblings."

"Do you ever think he could be, you know, ill?"

"What do you mean?" I ask as I slide into her passengers seat.

"Well the man abused you and your siblings for five years, and then suddenly he leaves you alone? He has random mood swings and drinks himself a hair strand to death. Also, isn't your mothers anniversary soon?"

"What day is it?" I ask feeling panicked.

"January tenth."

"Shit!" I mutter. "Her death day is the worst with my father. He comes home looking like zombie, and it's been the same for the past years!"

"You can always go and stay with my family again."

"No thanks. How are Troy and Jordan?"

"They're fine. How are Sophie and Parker?"

"Sophie's at a friends house and Parker is out with friends."

"How do they feel about the situation?"

"Sophie likes it. I think she really just wanted her father back, but as for Parker, he still doesn't trust him."

"I guess that's normal." Emily says as we pull into the parking lot.

"Come on!" I exclaim, feeling more excited. "I haven't been roller skating in years!"

"When was the last time you went?"

"Sixth grade with Riley. I broke the world record for falling on my butt." I tell her as we enter.

"Hey!" A familiar voice calls out.

I turn around to see Kylie and the Black Knights standing there.

I turn to Emily with an accusing stare. "You planned this!"

"You needed to get out and socialize, besides, they miss you."

"You know my reasons for not wanting to be around them!" I hiss.

"Miss?" Another familiar voice questions.

I turn around and see David, my father's only good guard.

"H-hi David." I stutter.

"What's going on?" Alexander comes over here.

"I'm going to need you to back away." David says, having recognized Alex.

"Who's going to make me?"

"David," I warn.

He rolls his eyes. "Your father said-"

"What my father said is my business, not yours. I know what I have to do, and you know what you have to do. We all have our jobs, focus on your own."

He huffs out a breath and walks back into the shadows.

"Who was that?" Alexander asks.

"No one." I mutter.

"Obviously not no one if he was acting like that."

"Drop it okay!" I growl at him.

"What's going on with your father? Why have you been ignoring us these past months?"

"Shut up!" I scream at him.

Calm down. I scold my self. Don't let him get to you, he doesn't know and will never understand.

"Alright, geez." He murmurs.

"Your father wants you back home." David says appearing out of thin air.

I sigh. "I just got here, but okay.v

"What?" Kylie asks. "You can't stay?"

I shake my head. "Maybe next time."

Not. They can't get involved.

I follow David back out and get into his car.

----

"We need to talk." My father says the minute I step into his office.

"What about?"

"You know what. You think I'm stupid? These past two months you've given me no information! I gave you time, but now you have to give me what I want. I need information!"

"I'm working on it! Isn't the money you're earning enough?!"

"Listen to me. You've been avoiding the Black Knights the last months. If you want me to keep my side of the deal, you're going to have to keep yours. I won't hesitate to take matters into my own hands!"

I sigh. "What do you want me to do? I don't know about the gang according to them."

"That's for you to figure out, but that Riley girl...." He trails off.

My hands clench. "What exactly happened between you and her?"

He looks confused. "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean."

"I never slept with her if that's what you think, she was snooping."

"Snooping?"

"She broke into the house and started looking around. I think she though it was empty because she was surprised when she saw me. That girl can fight though, something I was not expecting. She knocked me out and then you found her afterwards."

"So you never..."

"I don't stoop that low."

I roll my eyes. "Is she a spy than?"

"I don't know, my hacker couldn't find any information on her."

"Could she be from the Night Howlers? Is that why you couldn't find information?"

"I don't think so. Has she made any contact with the spies?"

"No, they tend to keep to themselves."

"Alright, but keep an eye on her, I don't trust her very much."

"With the truth revealed, I don't find much reason not to trust her." I answer.

"Just keep an eye on her." He says. "One last thing, I want to introduce you as our member."

"I'm not a member of the gang."

"And no one knows that. We will introduce you as a gang member at the underground on Friday."

"Alright, is that all?"

He nods and I get up and walk to my room.

It's all for them. I have to keep them safe.

I take a deep breathe. My mother's death day is in ten days. I'm surprised I haven't been getting many nightmares.

My phone rings and I look down at it.

Unknown
Time will come where we will take back our rightful heir. Beware Black Rose, for we grieve our dead leader, but howl for the heir.

I freeze. I seriously need to change my number, it's two months overdue.

External Narrator

"The time is soon." The young girl whispers into the phone. "Black Rose is becoming stronger, she knows the truth."

"She knows she's the heir?" The voice carries over the phone, and her brother hear the words clearly.

"She knows much more than expected, I never though he would tell her."

"Will she come willing?" The man asks. "Or will we have to fight?"

The girl looks to her brother and he shrugs as an answer. "I'm not certain, we have made no progress with her over the past months, but I don't think she won't go down without a fight."

The man nods on the other side of the phone. "She has no choice. We howl for our heir. The gang is getting restless. Black Rose will be our leader whether she wants it or not, it's all a matter of fighting, or coming willingly."

"What must we do?" She asks.

"Get closer to her, she already suspects you since your brother opened his big mouth, but get her to trust you." He hangs up after that.

The girl puts down the phone and looks to her brother.

"This doesn't feel right."

He shakes his head. "No, but I'm not looking forward to war, get her to gain your trust."

Hey!

Sorry for the late update, I have a couple reasons for that and than some announcements.

1. I didn't update because:
A. My mom took my phone away
And
B. I got writers block and rewrote this chapter like five times! (I'm still not satisfied with it though)

2. Future updates will be delayed or slowed. I'm entering a time I like to call Party Time. It usually starts near the end of July till mid or late August. My family throws parties every weekend, and though I know I should be grateful because not many people go to parties or have those opportunities, it gets annoying after a while. Also, from what I know, as of right now, my grandma is visiting today from Mexico and will leave in two or so months, and my dad's cousin will be staying with us as well as her child for a couple of months as well.

Forgive me if I don't update, this is life, and life never goes as planned.

3. I recommend that of you haven't already, that you follow me, it will be easier that way to see when I will update and to get my messages. Just a recommendation, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

I'll see guys soon, probably in a week, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626K 15.3K 99
For Andrea Sparks an ordinary day consisted of waking up, going to school and crying. For the past 10 years it's all she could do. She lost her mothe...
1M 27.9K 36
Alex Brooks and before you might ask. No alex is not a boy she's a girl. And the baddest one of them all No she's not an FBI agent or she doesn't w...
153K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
36.3K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...