Breakout | Peter Parker

By findtheforce

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU KIDNAPPED ME TO FIGHT WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA AGAINST IRON MAN? NO WAY." In which A... More

breakout
graphic gallery
epigraph
«part one»
NOTICE
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
«part two»
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
«part three»
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
aftercredit scenes
afterword

thirty-five

3.4K 133 89
By findtheforce

35 || a break glass in case of emergency situation

"Peter, I hope you realize that you've just made this a billion times harder than it needed to be for me."

Sky of New York, October 2016-

NIGHT OF HOMECOMING

The plane was quiet. The rush of the engine and silent hum of the air whooshing around the plane were the only things that were faintly heard, and Alison's comm had nothing but static. Skylar had checked in with Alison a minute before, quickly cutting out from the high altitude, or to focus on the path of the plane and trying to stop Vulture.

There was nothing going on, and Alison was secretly happy. Peter must of stopped the Vulture, as they were heading over and out of main New York. She could go home, not ever get involved with superhero things again, not killed by Absinthe and-

THUD.

Someone landed on the bottom of the airplane. It was more of a loud scratching noise than a thud, but Alison realized with a sigh that the Vulture had arrived on the plane, and that Peter's plan, whatever it was, had failed.

Getting up out of her crouched position behind some crates and placing on her visor-like mask (which she had left resting on the top of her head like sunglasses), Alison stood in the aisle of the back of the plane.

She watched as the Vulture made his way into the plane on the opposite side of the aisle, walking towards the cockpit. What was he doing? Disabling something that was letting the plane fly? It was an autopilot plane, so there wasn't much he could do.

"Skylar?" Alison hissed into her comm, trying to establish some connection with her tech savvy friend. "Skylar? Can you hear me?" She didn't get anything back, the static line only buzzing with some slight feedback. This night could literally not get any worse, especially since she would likely get grounded until she left for college if Jackie or Tony found out what she was doing.

The Vulture had done something in the cockpit, and was starting to head back towards where Alison was. His eyes scanned the room, landing on the aisle away from Alison, walking over to one of the crates that was full of Tony Stark technology.

Alison was watching him from the other aisle, thinking of all of her actions. She was nervous to fight him, yes, but she didn't have the level of urgency that Peter had. After all, she had only faced this dude once before, whereas Peter had a more known history with Adrian Toomes.

Regardless, she had to help Peter, even though she still regarded the boy as somewhat of a nuisance (now more of unlikely friend that she didn't know that she needed), because that's what superhero partners did. They had each other's backs, no matter how cheesy that sounded.

The Vulture stepped out of the cockpit, shutting the door with a soft slam as he did so. The man took off his mask, letting the mask depressurize before he completely tore the thing off and placed it to the side. He was still holding something, but he shoved it into his jacket pocket.

It was showtime, and it was Alison's time to step up and do her job as a hero. Scrambling up to sit on one of the easier crates at a higher distance, Alison let her feet dangle over the edge of the crate, kicking her feet as she did so. She seemed bored, ticking her head from side to side in synchronization with her feet.

The action drew the attention of the Vulture, who was walking down the opposite aisle. His quick smile molded into an expression of irritation and annoyance. "I didn't realize that there'd be a stowaway on this little flight." He sighed, walking away from the crate he was placing a hand on.

"And I didn't realize that you were going to make it out of that little quarrel with Spider-Man." Alison cocked her head to the side, eyes locking with Adrian Toomes'. He seemed a little unnerved, almost caught off guard by Alison. But a man like this was always prepared, and the small falter he let slip was over in an instant.

"We can't always get what we want, and your poor pal Peter, well, he may have walked into the trap that he never saw coming." Toomes shrugged, letting his arms throw out in a longer shrug. "But the real thing that shocked me about old Pete was that my daughter's Homecoming date would be Spider-Man. Or, for another shocker, that a super villain intent on kill you would come to my workshop the night before last and tell me who you were, underneath that mask."

Alison's breath hitched, causing her to stop her playful kicking against the crate. Absinthe really knew how to mess up her night in the worst of ways. And always cause some sort of drama. "That would be unfortunate." She kept her cool, still keeping eye contact with the man, a calm stare now replacing the fear.

"If it had actually happened."'

It was a small lie, one that would try to convince Alison that not everything would end up being Absinthe's fault.

"Believe me, my shock at finding out that Liz's great sophomore friend from Yearbook, a more unknown girl in Midtown that had transferred from Carter after freshmen year, good choice by the way-" Toomes added, beginning walk towards the crate Alison was standing on, "Was the loud mouthed and bold small town hero that had foiled my plans in D.C? And helped our old pal Pete at the ferry? It was an unpleasant surprise to say the least, Miss Marnell."

"Well, I suppose that identities don't really matter." Alison snorted, slightly unnerved by the description of herself and the haunting look that Vulture was giving her as he spoke. "After all, you won't have much time to expose my identity- or Peter's, for that matter- because you'll be in jail before the night ends." She took off her mask, throwing the visor to the ground. "No need for any disguises anymore." Ali quipped, giving him a flat look back.

All of a sudden, the plane started to blare an emergency alarm noise, the light panels on the side of the plane flashing red. Alison looked at the panels, realizing with a soft smile Peter had made it out of the trap that Vulture had stuck him in. "Guess your good pal Pete got himself out of that sticky situation you were talking about earlier." Alison breathed in, sucking the air through her teeth in pity.

"Got himself out of it?" Toomes laughed, looking up at Alison with a amused glance. "Why, he just got himself into an even deeper mess." Finally reaching the crate that Alison was sitting on, he yanked the girl down from her spot, quickly letting her fall.

He grabbed the teenager, placing her in a chokehold as quickly as he can. "Because he just got his superhero partner into a huge hunk of trouble, and I don't think he wants to put a person's life on the line."

Alison, using her old speed, kept punching at the man's arm, unsure of how else to get out of the hold. It was going badly, and she was struggling to breathe. "You... realize... you're... hurting.... your.... family.... and... not.... just... us..." Alison choked out, whacking one final time at Toomes' arm.

"On the contrary, everything that I do is for them." Vulture sighed, loosening his grip on Alison by only a little. Looking around him, Toomes' eyes landed on a stray piece of rope that was used to tie down one of the crates. "I'm a family man Alison, and I can't help but do what's needed for them. Surely you understand, having another person threat your life as you know it. You can't have that."

The Vulture slammed Alison up against a crate, using his free hand to quickly swipe a rope. "Now, you're going to stay here, whether you like it or not." Whipping out the small item that he had shoved in his pocket earlier, he attached it to Alison's wrist before tying her up.

Alison looked at Toomes, trying to wrench her hand away from the device and remove the device. "What does this do to help your family?" She yelled, still unsuccessful to take off the device. "And what does this do to stop me?" Alison huffed, still trying to pry off the bracelet. "This thing won't stop me for long."

"I got a little help from your buddy Absinthe with a little device to make sure that you didn't bother me on this heist. I didn't like her much, but hey, if I got an advantage over you teenagers, then I'd take it. Good thing too, because I need this night to go right." Toomes finished tying Alison up, looking back at his work.

Walking away from her, satisfied with his job, Toomes continued speaking to Alison. "Now, if your little boyfriend messes up and takes down this plane, guess who goes down with it?" He smiled, placing his mask back on. "Lesson one of life, Alison, you never go into a fight unprepared."

With that, Toomes left the plane, letting his Vulture wings attach back on and fly out into the night. There was now a human sized hole in the plane, probably from whatever attachment Toomes had left on the plane to enter in with.

Alison was left alone to struggle to get out, with no idea of what the device Toomes placed on her did, and no idea how to help Peter. In these situations, Alison really felt useless, and she could only feel her stomach lurch as she heard the grinding of metal and the loud rush of air as the two battled outside.

It wasn't just her stomach dropping as Spider-Man and Vulture battled outside, but the actual plane itself. The Vulture had just run into an engine on the wing of the plane, and the other engine was failing, as the tip of Toomes' wing had made the other one fall out. The plane was falling, and fast.

Spider-Man and the Vulture had scrambled to the top of the plane, with Spider-Man barely hanging on after Vulture's multiple attempts to scrape him off the plane, instead only scraping the actual metal of the plane. The recklessness shown by Toomes had actually blown out the engine on the back of the plane, and a jolt rattled through the entire plane as three of the five engines were lost.

The Vulture, not wanting to leave empty handed, stuck his machinery back into the entrance hole he had arrived in, fishing out the crate that Alison was attached to. She was beat up and bruised, as the sudden drop in altitude had made all the boxes lose hold on the floor.

The plane's altitude finally dipped out of the clouds, allowing for Peter to see that they were straight on course to crash on the other side of the river.

Scrambling for a quick way to fix everything, he shot a web to one side of the plane's wing, attempting to turn the plane to not hit any buildings. "Please turn, please turn!" He screamed, watching as he narrowly fit by the lumbering skyscrapers in the sky.

The Vulture, still keeping a grip on Alison's crate, watched as Spider-Man lost control of his webbing, and the plane crashed straight towards the are of Coney Island. The plane cut half of a ride at the amusement park in half, and the Vulture and Spider-Man, with Breakout attached to a crate in the Vulture's grasp, landed on the ground with a sudden crash.

The impact tore Vulture and his crate away with half of the plane, Alison screaming as the flames from the crash licked at her feet, the two tumbling away from each other and to the ground. Peter was catapulted from the plane, rolling away from the plane and into the fiery debris.

The plane continued to slide against the beach of Coney Island, almost like a trail of fire being left behind on the beach. The plane and crates of technology were absolutely decimated, and anyone could see the ruin of the huge plane from near or far away.

Peter, who had slide far away from Alison and Toomes, ripped off his mask, searching for any form of life beside him. He was worried for Alison, who had been inside of the now burning ruins of the plane, and, even if he was a bad guy, Peter was worried for Toomes. So many people could be injured, and he didn't want to risk the lives of any more, especially not after the ferry.

Alison had been wrenched away from the crate, a cut above her eyebrow clearly dominant. She was mere feet away from the Vulture, who was gathering himself up and looking around for her.

Getting up quickly, she tried to speed away from him, and try to find Peter in the burning mess, but found that she couldn't. Looking down at her wrist, Alison realized that the device stopped her powers somehow.

She kept tugging and tugging at the device, trying to find a way to get it off until- the Vulture found her, grabbed ahold of her in his "talon" like devices and swept her away. "Sorry kiddo, but you can't get away that easily, and your old boy Pete can't either." Toomes calmly stated, flying around a few feet above the ground, searching for Peter.

Alison was thrown to a crate on the side, to somehow bookmark the crate for Vulture. She was thrown on it with a careless force, as if the Vulture had a better person to pursue. That was, of course, Peter, but Alison quickly tried to get up from the crate, walking over to see Peter and Vulture in the air flying in a battle.

Peter, who was battling Vulture above her, was having a hard time vanquishing the Vulture, as he kept getting slammed and thrown around like a small metal pinball in a pinball machine. Peter was splayed on the sand of the beach looked exhausted and not very happy. He looked to be in pain, and he looked as if he was about to be passed out.

Alison looked over at Peter, who had just realized she was laying on the crate, trying to get up and help him. She was clearly not doing that well, being drained of her powers unexpectedly taking her. His eyes widened as he saw what she was doing. "Alison, I don't know what that is for but don't-" Spider-Man was cut off, as he was taken up by the claw of the Vulture, who was checking if he could do nay more damage to the Spider-Man.

The Vulture stopped looking at Spider-Man and instead at the crate that Alison was still semi sitting on. He started to fly towards it, Toomes' eyes focused and determined on the crate, wanting to still provide for his family. Dropping Peter with a disregard for the hero and ripping off his mask, he flew towards the crate, his wings exerting off electrical sparks.

The Vulture's talons locked onto the crate, trying to drag the thing filled with precious alien artifacts from the Chitauri and Sokovia attacks so that he could sell them and make weapons. His smile was growing, realizing that he wouldn't come home empty handed today.

Peter pulled his head up, watching the Vulture try and get away with the crate, and saw Alison hanging on by just barely, determined to help stop the hero in some way. "Alison!" Peter weakly called, trying to push himself up. "Alison! His wings are going to explode!"

Alison couldn't hear Peter, and kept her hands attached to the crate, Peter having painfully shoot a web at the crate. He pulled the web back, pulling the Vulture and Alison back. Toomes turned around, his face looking anything but pitiful as he spoke to Peter.

"Time to go home Pete." Toomes shrugged, pushing his wings up further in the air. He was only being pulled back down again and again by Peter, who was determined to help the Vulture. The wings he was wearing kept letting off electrical sparks, only proving Peter's point even more.

"I'm trying to save you!" Peter protested, his eyes flashing between Toomes and Alison. "Your wings are going to explode, and it's going to hurt everyone around you!" He kept pulling down the man, failing again and again.

The Vulture clipped the web off, using his sharp metal to let the web fly off to that he could leave with the technology. As he started to fly off higher and higher, and Alison still struggling to keep ahold, Peter kept shooting and shooting his webs, finding out that his web fluid canister was empty. "Alison! Mr. Toomes!" He exclaimed, watching the wings short out even quicker than before.

The two couldn't hear him, and finally, the wings gave out, letting loose an electric energy that made the wings finally stop working, and Peter shielded his eyes as the energy emitted a bright light. The support of flight from Toomes' wings no longer worked, and Vulture with Breakout in tow tumbled to the ground.

There was another huge explosion, and the fire doubled as the wings crumpled and hit the ground, causing Peter to rapidly get up and scramble over to the site of the explosion. He ran through the flames to see the wings of Toomes covering up the villain, with no clue to where Alison was. It concerned him, and he knew that he had to get Mr. Toomes out of the wings, even if he was a villain.

Prying his hands underneath the metal, Peter yelped and pulled away quickly. The metal was hot, but he plunged his hands underneath the metal to try again. He was successful, and he pulled Toomes out from underneath the scalding metal ruins of his Vulture wings.

Dragging the man through the sand, Peter webbed the man up to the multiple crates of still preserved tech that he had saved from the plane. The debris was still burning around him, but he got the job done. That was one villain down, now to the next thing.

Next step, find Alison. She was around here somewhere, Peter knew that, but he didn't know where. After prying of the wings of Toomes, Peter searched in the areas around the ruins for where she would be, but couldn't find her.

He started to worry, and, in a nervous habit, ran his hands through his hair. "Alison?" Peter called, looking around the heated flames for his superhero partner. "Alison?!" Peter squinted his eyes, the flames becoming almost to bright to see through.

Suddenly, Alison could be seen on the other side of the flames, walking towards Peter. "Peter?! Peter!" She exclaimed, trying to find her friend. Ali was battered and bruised, and a little more than burned from walking through the fire. Stumbling towards her friend, Alison made it around the ruins of the Vulture wings and to Peter.

Peter sighed din relief, letting open his arms for a hug from the girl. "Alison!" Peter exclaimed, taking a few klutzy steps towards his friend. Alison carefully fell into his arms, the exposed parts of her shoulders and arms from her suit heated and burned a little bit.

Alison embraced her friend, actually grateful for his presence. "Okay, it's nice to know that you're not dead either." She choked out, exhausted from falling twice from pretty high heights. After a long pause, Ali spoke again. "Okay, now would be the time that you let go and we go tie up the Vulture."

Peter pulled away from the hug, slightly awkward. "Uh, yeah, he's taken care of. All tied up and everything." He shoved his hands in his front pocket of his makeshift Spider-Man sweater, looking kind of proud of his job.

"Did you leave a note?" Alison jokingly asked, her legs becoming kind of weak from underneath her. She placed a hand on Peter's shoulder, trying to use him as a balancer. "Because it's quite rude to not leave a note after taking down an evil crime boss."

Peter, realizing that Alison might need help walking after getting bashed and burned a little more than her did, looped his arm underneath her arm, letting her lean on him for support. "I didn't." He chuckled, finding some lightheartedness in her point. "Come on, let's go leave a note and get out of here."

'Let's do that please." Alison chuckled, leaning into Peter's side. "Because tonight is one of the worst nights ever, and I'd like to get it over with, please." She groaned, just thinking about how much Jackie would kill her when she got home tonight.

The two dragged themselves through the sand, fire, and debris, ready to leave the note and scram as quickly as possible. After finding a piece of paper somehow, and a pen, the two scratched out the note, the paper reading-

FOUND

Flying Vulture Guy

-Spider-Man and Breakout

PS: sorry about your plane, but we cleaned up the tower and the mess! (a little)

By the time the authorities got to the site to see the ruin, the crates that had been salvaged, and the "Vulture Guy" Mister Toomes, Alison and Peter were resting at the top of the Cyclone Tower on Coney Island together, almost ready to pass out from the exhaustion, stress, and injuries.

"We did good tonight, right?" Peter asked Alison, who was leaning on the opposite side of the pole that they were on, their backs facing each other. "Like with how we settled everything, with Homecoming and the Vulture Guy and-"

"We did fine," Alison interrupted, trying to reassure Peter as they watched the authorities try and solve the mess that had occurred down below. "We did just fine."

<~*~>

yeah that's it for Homecoming - well almost

I hope you all aren't too tired of Alison just getting beat up and not doing anything cause this was more of Alison wanting to do stuff but not because of things that are evil

I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT

but um yeah, it's gonna be way easier for me to write some stuff cause we are mostly over the heavy stuff

also you guys I have the rest of this book in my drafts and you guys are really in for a treat

I'm so looking forward to writing the next chapter and I hopefully I'll see you guys soon! not a week away like this one was from the last one (which I'm very sorry about)

anyways I'll stop my rambling because this was a big chapter

I hope you guys enjoyed, please please please give me feedback

I'll see you guys in the next chapter

bye

:))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612 30 42
Ashlyn Stark was in an accident when she was young that resulted in her gaining powers. Powers? Yes I did say powers as in multiple. The daughter of...
1.1M 41K 50
❝Whatever doesn't kill me had better start running.❞ [across the marvel cinematic universe] [ant-man - spider-man:homecoming] [book two of ?]
30.7K 587 39
[Completed] *Not Edited* "Just like budapest?" "In other words we all remember budapest very differently!" "Don't you say it don't you say it!" "On y...
6.8K 230 79
Two twins who were Hydra experiments before being saved by S.H.I.E.L.D. And going on to fight battles alongside Earths Mightiest Hero's. How will thi...