eighteen

18 || check-in calls and exposing superheroes

"How'd you know?"

Queens, New York, October 2016-

It was a pretty chilly day for New York, one that wasn't common in the middle of October. Today was the kind of chill down to your bone kind of day. That was one of the many things that began the bad day for Alison.

The next problem came as she walked to school, her phone buzzing, an unfamiliar AC/DC tone blasting through her earbuds. When she pulled out the phone to see who the hell burst her eardrums, she saw the familiar jokester ID- "I am Iron Man."

Knowing that this was probably Tony, Alison picked up the phone, hearing the line connect. "Hello?" She asked, slightly irritated already. It was too early in the morning to deal with the egotistical billionaire known as Tony Stark and come up with decent comebacks to his snide comments.

"Morning sunshine." A familiar voice from the one and only Tony Stark came though the phone. "How's Midtown treating you?"

"Honestly?" Alison asked, trudging through some crisp autumn leaves. "Not as horrible as I expected. I've made five friends, one of them being your daughter."

"Ah, Skylar. She's a good kid, but a troublemaker." Tony laughed. "I swear, if she had superpowers, I'd probably go crazy!"

"Yeah," Alison said blatantly. "I bet so." She shoved her hands into her jacket pockets, trying to keep warm in her hoodie and oversized sweater on underneath.

"What else has been going on within the Midtown community?" Tony asked, shifting the phone to walk over to a counter of some sort.

"Homecoming is soon, so I guess that's cool," Alison shrugged, and her bored tone could be heard through the phone. "I'm not sure I should go."

"You should," Tony pressed. "It only comes up once every year, and you only get it three times ever. You should go. I didn't when I was in high school. And it's a decision I deeply regret." He paused for a moment.

"Anyways," Tony commented in his signature tone, "I was also calling to see if you had seen the Spider-Man around your neighborhood at all."

Alison looked around her, trying to find the swinging spandex hero anywhere in sight. "No... why would I even see him around?"

"No reason." Tony smoothly lied, reminding himself to scold Peter later on not doing one of his assigned jobs.

"Anything else that's something that I need to know?" Tony asked, hinting at something maybe bigger than just Alison's boring normal life. But then again, Alison never knew what Tony was hinting at. Ever.