thirty-five

35 || a break glass in case of emergency situation

"Peter, I hope you realize that you've just made this a billion times harder than it needed to be for me

"Peter, I hope you realize that you've just made this a billion times harder than it needed to be for me."

Sky of New York, October 2016-

NIGHT OF HOMECOMING

The plane was quiet. The rush of the engine and silent hum of the air whooshing around the plane were the only things that were faintly heard, and Alison's comm had nothing but static. Skylar had checked in with Alison a minute before, quickly cutting out from the high altitude, or to focus on the path of the plane and trying to stop Vulture.

There was nothing going on, and Alison was secretly happy. Peter must of stopped the Vulture, as they were heading over and out of main New York. She could go home, not ever get involved with superhero things again, not killed by Absinthe and-

THUD.

Someone landed on the bottom of the airplane. It was more of a loud scratching noise than a thud, but Alison realized with a sigh that the Vulture had arrived on the plane, and that Peter's plan, whatever it was, had failed.

Getting up out of her crouched position behind some crates and placing on her visor-like mask (which she had left resting on the top of her head like sunglasses), Alison stood in the aisle of the back of the plane.

She watched as the Vulture made his way into the plane on the opposite side of the aisle, walking towards the cockpit. What was he doing? Disabling something that was letting the plane fly? It was an autopilot plane, so there wasn't much he could do.

"Skylar?" Alison hissed into her comm, trying to establish some connection with her tech savvy friend. "Skylar? Can you hear me?" She didn't get anything back, the static line only buzzing with some slight feedback. This night could literally not get any worse, especially since she would likely get grounded until she left for college if Jackie or Tony found out what she was doing.

The Vulture had done something in the cockpit, and was starting to head back towards where Alison was. His eyes scanned the room, landing on the aisle away from Alison, walking over to one of the crates that was full of Tony Stark technology.

Alison was watching him from the other aisle, thinking of all of her actions. She was nervous to fight him, yes, but she didn't have the level of urgency that Peter had. After all, she had only faced this dude once before, whereas Peter had a more known history with Adrian Toomes.

Regardless, she had to help Peter, even though she still regarded the boy as somewhat of a nuisance (now more of unlikely friend that she didn't know that she needed), because that's what superhero partners did. They had each other's backs, no matter how cheesy that sounded.